Rafa crying after match [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa crying after match

whosnext
06-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Did anyone else getting NBC coverage catch the short part of Rafa crying while sitting in his chair after the match? Just shows a different side of him, aside from his getting pumped up after the win.
They showed it right after the "Powershot" , it was part of the clips of Rafa...it was before the trophy presentation.

Eclectic Goddess
06-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I saw that. He said after that it was the first time he cried after a match. He also seemed to get a little choked up during the trophy presentation, but he held it together.

I wish NBC would have just stayed there and quit cutting to commercial.

NATAS81
Yes, and he almost wanted to cry as they were playing the Spain national anthem.

Funny, how he was nodding his head as if he were thinking the words.

VingaRafel
yeap, I was watching, I saw it.. it was really touching. He was extremely emotional. He said in his interview that it had to do with the fact that his whole family was there. It was a huge moment for him.. well. duh!!

NicoFan
06-05-2005, 10:35 PM
I cried when I saw him cry - of course, I was already crying because he won...lol!

And NBC was totally annoying...still mad about it - missed so much because of the endless commercials...

ServeAlready81
06-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah, that was special that he was crying. Shows how much winning the FO meant to him.

alfonsojose
06-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Beautiful moment :sad: :D

El Legenda
06-05-2005, 11:28 PM
what a baby :lol: ;)

Natasc
06-05-2005, 11:39 PM
well...that shows that his not a robot like Mr Federer (The Amazing)

was a very toughing momment

NATAS81
06-05-2005, 11:41 PM
We know what happens to robots when they cry, silly.

Electrocution city.

Tennis Fool
06-06-2005, 12:11 AM

was a very toughing momment

:confused: Fed cries whenever he wins Wimbledon :wavey:

Only robot is Sampras.

MissMoJo
06-06-2005, 12:27 AM

Looks like they've recently programmed robots to cry. Too bad you missed it

Eclectic Goddess
06-06-2005, 12:28 AM
:confused: Fed cries whenever he wins Wimbledon :wavey:

Only robot is Sampras.
I've seen Sampras cry a few times, too.

We all know the only real robot on the tour is Agassi. (Look at him walk!) It's just that he's had his head parts waterproofed so he can shed a few from time to time. He has to maintain the illusion, you know.

ServeAlready81
06-06-2005, 12:32 AM
I've seen Sampras cry a few times, too.

We all know the only real robot on the tour is Agassi. (Look at him walk!) It's just that he's had his head parts waterproofed so he can shed a few from time to time. He has to maintain the illusion, you know.

We've seen Agassi cry too. French Open 1999 he was BALLING.

Natasc
06-06-2005, 12:34 AM
sorry...but seems that after that he lost all his "tears"....

when he won US Open he was looking more like the guy that lost...
since that... I saw he screm few times (cause this years is not the best of his career) but never cry....

so....probably he lost all his bagage of tears in UK ;)

robinhood
06-06-2005, 12:35 AM

Yes, but Fed didn't cry after USO, did he?
His interview with that Suzi Barker or whoever at Wimbledon 03 after his win is classic.

Natasc
06-06-2005, 12:36 AM
btw Miss Mojo...did u ever saw AI from Spielberg?

robots actualy LOVE in that movie.... :lol:
dont get that was just a joke

Im just saying what I think...

Eclectic Goddess
06-06-2005, 12:36 AM
Hence the waterproofing of his head parts, like I said.

El Legenda
06-06-2005, 12:38 AM
I seen a tennis player cry in 4th game of 1st set.......He got hit below the belt :eek: :D

MissMoJo
06-06-2005, 12:41 AM
btw Miss Mojo...did u ever saw AI from Spielberg?

robots actualy LOVE in that movie.... :lol:
dont get that was just a joke

Im just saying what I think...
I know that, that's what we're all here for :)
I was just disputing the fact he doesn't get emotional i.e cry when he's won a title...which at least concerning wimbledon, isn't true

Nathy
06-06-2005, 12:50 AM
To Natasc: Rafa cried to his FAV title... So did Roger... Roger's fav title is Wimby, nothing means much for him... he won't cry every time he wins a title... Rafa didn't cry in Barcelona or whatever... only their FAV title ;)

Just to precise things ;)

YoursTruly
06-06-2005, 02:11 AM
I definitely saw that quick stolen clip of Rafael crying in his chair. I think it was moments after he just sat and buried his face in his towel. It was sinking in. I'm not surprised that he did, because he rose to this level quickly and I honestly believe that based on his interviews in the past months that he did not think of himself as "the favourite." And also, it was all perfect. The king and queen of Spain was there, Samaranch and most of all, his family. This was the main reason and this was his support system, what got him to this point. All of these would make you feel.

And yes, he did fight off from weeping during the awards presentation. You could see it, especially during the national anthem and speech. From time before being called up to the platform, you could see Mariano was on the brink of bawlling. Well look what he's been through and look what he's achieved. Not surprising. And at the end of his speech, he was going to burst - that's why he ended the speech quickly and kept his cool.

buddyholly
06-06-2005, 02:40 AM

Unless I missed the good part and Andre's best strokes, I think the word you were looking for is BAWLING :o :o :o

robinhood
06-06-2005, 02:47 AM
http://web.ticino.com/marlis.egger/Roger_03.JPG

His interview with Suzi Barker or whatever her name is.... :)
He just couldn't control himself.

Mimi
06-06-2005, 03:41 AM
pete is not as robot as some people think, he cried at 94 AO during the match with Courrier, thinking of his ill coach :wavey:

NATAS81
06-06-2005, 03:43 AM
Yes, that was a tremendous piece during the AO they showed of Pete.

Cancer is a tough thing to swallow, Pete showed his human side there and that was good to see as tough as it was for him.

Nikki♥
06-06-2005, 07:04 AM
Even the toughest guys cry during such emotional moments. How cute. :)

Nikki♥
06-06-2005, 07:06 AM
I seen a tennis player cry in 4th game of 1st set.......He got hit below the belt :eek: :D

If that happened to you, you would be shedding tears as well. :eek: :angel:

Fi-Fi
06-06-2005, 07:47 AM
To Natasc: Rafa cried to his FAV title... So did Roger... Roger's fav title is Wimby, nothing means much for him... he won't cry every time he wins a title... Rafa didn't cry in Barcelona or whatever... only their FAV title ;)

i dont know about that, i mean i know RG meant a LOT to him but he said before that wimbledon is the one he want to win most...even more so that RG

anyway, i thought it was sweet when he cried...showed that the wonder kid is human after all ;)

connectolove
06-06-2005, 08:21 AM
He is cute SPECIALLY when he cries... they put the whole thing in Spain. He came down from kissing and hugging his family with tears in his eyes, then he sat and couldn't hold it anymore. That was very moving.

babsi
06-06-2005, 08:34 AM

Right!

and I wouldn´t want to hear, what you would have to say,if anyone actuelly did cry, after every title he wins - not that,that´s possible - I don´t think such a guy would make for a good competitore!

Btw. after Roger won the USO - he was criticiesed(sp?) by some,who thought he was overreacting when he dropped on the court,after the last piont was play - there you go - you can´t please everyone - and you shouldn´t set out to do so!

robinhood
06-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Btw. after Roger won the USO - he was criticiesed(sp?) by some,who thought he was overreacting when he dropped on the court,after the last piont was play

Oh boy. Those people should shut up!

connectolove
06-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Another pic of Rafa's tear...

Nathy
06-07-2005, 12:29 AM
i dont know about that, i mean i know RG meant a LOT to him but he said before that wimbledon is the one he want to win most...even more so that RG

anyway, i thought it was sweet when he cried...showed that the wonder kid is human after all ;)

Come on, you - and all of us here - heard that winning the FO is a DREAM for every Spanish player (Rafa said it himself that a dream came true by winning on Sunday)... He is young, he is Spanish and he won his fav title: we all understand his tears. Now maybe he said he wanted to win Wimby because it is the hardest title to win for him who's better on claycourt... we don't know...

Yeah that was sweet when he cried, I totally agree. What I don't accept is when someone calls Federer a Robot :mad: I can't let ppl say such things according to what I've said in my last post before this one. And yes, the wonder kid is human, I agree, as Federer is... Federer is a human and Nadal is a human... That's all ;)

Carito_90
06-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Come on, you - and all of us here - heard that winning the FO is a DREAM for every Spanish player (Rafa said it himself that a dream came true by winning on Sunday)... He is young, he is Spanish and he won his fav title: we all understand his tears. Now maybe he said he wanted to win Wimby because it is the hardest title to win for him who's better on claycourt... we don't know...

No, I recall him saying several times if he had to choose which slam to win, he would go for Wimbledon.
But, honestly, for a 19 year old kid winning a GS alone is already a dream come true, for anyone, really.
So yes, he claims his favourite GS to win would be Wimby but I'm sure it was closely followed by RG.

sprinterluck
06-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Nadal's got natural charisma and he doesn't even need to try.

Here's what he said about winning that amazing net exchange with Puerta:

Struggling this week to answer questions in English, Nadal explained how he avoided a fifth set without his translator.

"He send me the drop shot," Nadal said. "I arrive very, very, very – I arrive a little bit late, but I can arrive. And the volley for him is here and I stay a little, and I stay in the middle, he touch, I can return the ball and I can win the point, no?" he said, raising both hands into the V for victory sign, eliciting laughter from reporters.

There's some audio of his interview at the BBC website where you can hear reporters laughing with him. A Brit reporter asked him where he gets that amazing fighting spirit. Nadal answered that it was "natural" and had the reporters laughing their bums off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/default.stm

Another Rafa crying in victory picture below. Love it when he flexes those massive biceps. :eek: :D