the official HALLE cheering thread!!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

the official HALLE cheering thread!!!!

knight_ley
06-04-2005, 05:56 PM
:wavey: Here's the main draw for Halle!!!!!!!!!!! He got a good one :yeah:

FEDERER, Roger (SUI/1) v SODERLING, Robin (SWE)
YOUZHNY, Mikhail (RUS) v MAYER, Florian (GER)
LLODRA, Michael (FRA) v Qualifer
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp (GER) v JOHANSSON, Joachim (SWE/6)

NADAL, Rafael (ESP/3) v WASKE, Alexander (GER/WC)
Qualifier v FERRERO, Juan Carlos (ESP/WC)
MELZER, Jürgen (AUT) v MARTIN, Alberto (ESP)
NOVAK, Jiri (CZE) v HAAS, Tommy (GER/7)

NALBANDIAN, David (ARG/5) v SCHÜTTLER, Rainer (GER)
ROCHUS, Christophe (BEL) v Qualifer
KIEFER, Nicolas (GER) v Qualifer
VERDASCO, Fernando (ESP) v CANAS, Guillermo (ARG/4)

LOPEZ, Feliciano (ESP/8) v CARLSEN, Kenneth (DEN)
SAULNIER, Cyril (FRA) v ROCHUS, Olivier (BEL)
PAVEL, Andrei (ROM) v SANTORO, Fabrice (FRA)
POPP, Alexander (GER/WC) v SAFIN, Marat (RUS/2)

:bounce: Good luck Kiwi!!! :bounce:

JMG
06-04-2005, 08:23 PM
He is the favourite to make the final in his half. And that has to be his goal in his favourite tournament. Who else defeated Federer and Sampras on grass? ;)

But please not Petzschner in the first round!

JMG
06-04-2005, 08:44 PM
KIEFER/WASKE - Nadal/Lopez

knight_ley
06-05-2005, 12:20 AM
KIEFER/WASKE - Nadal/Lopez

I would pay so much money to see that doubles match.......... :drool:

Neely
06-05-2005, 01:43 AM
If Kiefer gets Petzschner in the first round, that would be awful and exactly what we wouldn't like, JMG :tape:

Kiwi really can't complain with his draw in Halle, but I have the feeling that Verdasco/Canas could be quite a bitch for him, even on grass.

Hopefully he will make the best out of it! Go Kiwi! :yeah:

kfh_9118
06-05-2005, 11:11 AM
hope he can make the best result from the draw.

Good luck kiwi :wavey:
Finally the grass season is arriving ;)

snoop
06-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Go Kiwi, rock das Grass :bounce:

he is watching Hingis - Sabatini right now. they showed him on tv.

Tricky_Forehand
06-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Halle seems to be one of Kiwi's best tourney's of the year. I find it ironic that the surface that I like the least (almost despise it) can be Kiwi's best :rolleyes:

I still root for him when I can though :)

Tricky_Forehand
06-06-2005, 08:22 AM
I would pay so much money to see that doubles match.......... :drool:

Right there with ya :) . Except for the drool factor though :)

I would be excited to see 4 guys who are really good Doubles players as these 4 are though. I think Rafa's a bit mad to play this much but that's only my opinion. :shrug:

Neely
06-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Kiefer is playing Zimonjic in the first round tomorrow!

JMG
06-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Perfect for me, that he's the 4th match on center court tomorrow. :) He should be able to outplay Zimonjic at least 6-4 6-4 or so. Zimonjic lost his serve (only) twice against Petzschner, but as a doubles player he might play s&v and Kiefer is always returning well against s&v players.

kiwifan80
06-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Good Luck Nicolas :)

Neely
06-06-2005, 09:15 PM
and Kiefer is always returning well against s&v players.
with the exception being Henman :fiery:

I hope the match starts as late as possible because then I would be more guaranteed to see it.

kek
06-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Halle seems to be one of Kiwi's best tourney's of the year. I find it ironic that the surface that I like the least (almost despise it) can be Kiwi's best :rolleyes:

I still root for him when I can though :)

Now I'm the opposite. I love the grass. Wimbeldon is my favorite tournament, although queing in line sucks and watching your fave player lose a 2 set lead in 5 million rain delays in the cold wasn't fun after flying across the pond. It will be awhile until I do that again.

Neely
06-07-2005, 05:31 PM
A very close first set comes to an end. Incredibly dominated by good serving performances of both players, almost no return points won. However, there was a little scare as Kiwi served at 4-4 and 30-40 which was the first break point of the match and it was for Zimonjic. Thanksfully he could save it with another ace and later they reached the tiebreak. Zimonjic double faulted once and had another 2nd serve that Kiwi attacked successfully. No problem with his own serve and Kiwi easily raced to a very dominating 6-0 lead in the tiebreak and finally he took it by 7 points to 1.

kiwifan80
06-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Good Job Kiwi, Keep it up for set 2

Neely
06-07-2005, 06:01 PM
The 2nd set didn't change much, still very strong serves by both sides. But Kiwi had a little nonattention and Zimonjic broke and carried the break until the end of the set and there was no chance for Kiwi to break back.

Now I only hope that Kiwi holds his serve the whole third set without getting broken or else he will lose :sad: Zimonjic serving very strong currently, that's a hard job to win this first round at the moment.

Neely
06-07-2005, 06:48 PM
oh damn, what a disappointing result
Kiwi lost 7-6(1) 3-6 4-6

I think he didn't have a break point the whole match and Zimonjic served extraordinarly and played a very good match. There have been a few little situations that Kiwi blew, but Zimonjic was just too strong today overall and it would have needed a much better playing Kiwi than today.

:banghead: :banghead: first round loss in Halle :sad:

Could somebody understand why he didn't shake hands with Grillotti as the match was over? Because Grillotti once again was deaf and didn't hear the net serve? Or was there something that I missed? :confused:

MissPovaFan
06-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh dear Kiwi that is a very poor result :sad: Good luck though at Wimbledon!

JMG
06-07-2005, 06:57 PM
I think it was an embarrassing match from Kiefer today. Very bad returns, the same as last year against Schüttler. Maybe the half qualifying field would have had a chance against him today. I hope it will help him that he can't play against Zimonjic in Wimbledon. :mad:

Tricky_Forehand
06-07-2005, 07:06 PM
:sad: but I can't say that I'm surprised

Neely
06-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Lots of serves have been just unreturnable, Zimonjic served 215km/h or better on every third serve and his 2nd serves also haven't been a big weakness either.

A few times Kiwi would have had to return better when he saw some 2nd serves. He couldn't get them in and he made a few bad decisions in his own service games to get broken.

Very unfortunate for Kiwi that there is always something that interrupts his good runs. The circumstances under which he came to Halle this year haven't been the best and facing this red hot qualifier who played strong today did the rest :sad:

Neely
06-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Also the time that he has off now between Halle and Wimbledon is really LONG :rolleyes:

However, if he makes a good run at Wimbledon I will forget about Halle quickly :angel: LOL :o

but it also must hurt him a lot, he's the one who is most disappointed I guess :hug:

JMG
06-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes, he looked a bit as if he wanted to cry at the end imo.

Neely
06-07-2005, 07:51 PM
next Kiefer match in two weeks!

knight_ley
06-07-2005, 08:11 PM
:banghead:

Neely
06-07-2005, 08:52 PM
:sobbing:

Space Cowgirl
06-07-2005, 09:06 PM
:sad:
Kiwi made some really silly errors when he had those half-chances. But to be fair to him (and props to Becker for standing up for him considering their history), he hasn't been able to train much in the past week due to his neck injury and was lacking grass practice. Hopefully he'll go far in the doubles with Waske and gets some practice that way.

kiwifan80
06-07-2005, 09:08 PM
:(

kfh_9118
06-08-2005, 12:25 AM
:( :bigcry:

Very unexpected result :mad:

Hope he will have a good run in Wimbledon :angel:

C'mon Kiwi, you're better than that :mad:
Still can't get over this lost :mad: :fiery:

bavaria100
06-08-2005, 09:37 AM
I can´t believe that he lost. That means he´s going with little grass practise into Wimbledon. I can´t believe that he always has dissapointing results when he plays in Germany. It´s the same with the germans in general, perhaps they all should be more relaxed when they are playing in their home country.

JMG
06-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Bhupathi/Woodbridge are the QF opponents after a walkover in round 1. :rolleyes:

knight_ley
06-09-2005, 03:09 AM
good luck in doubles kiwi :yeah: