Wow that Fed-nadal semi was the worst [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wow that Fed-nadal semi was the worst

BHH1988
06-04-2005, 08:13 AM
They both played so crummy it was unbelievable. What was going on? I think Nadal was nervous. As for Federer, I think a lot of forces were workign against him like Nadal's spin and the wind and other factors. But most of all, I say this is a prime example of how Federer needs to stop worrying about hitting so hard and just worry about making his game as smooth as it was last year, when he had so much success. He's trying to be too good and hit too hard that he's shanking or missing every other ball! He double faults like more than he aces. But we'll see how it goes in Wimbledon. If there's ever a time for Federer to shine, it's at Wimbly. And if even there he's playing his worst tennis, then I'm gonna shoot myself.

garudahk
06-04-2005, 08:14 AM
really? :eek:

Tho i haven't see it, i would love to buy that match to watch!

it's not worthy?

joycomesmorning
06-04-2005, 12:11 PM
If you're a Nadal or Roger fan, it's worth the purchase price to see it again. But it's not anywhere close the classic match that many had predicted. Very few of the really hyped matches ever are....I had heard predictions that this would be the match of the century...IMO it wasn't even the match of the tournament....others certainly may disagree

Was happy to see Nadal win...that's good for tennis, I think...but somehow, the match left me a little bit emotionally deflated

BelgianWaffle
06-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh come on, it wasn't *that* bad.. but no classic either

jmp
06-04-2005, 12:34 PM
If you're a Nadal or Roger fan, it's worth the purchase price to see it again. But it's not anywhere close the classic match that many had predicted. Very few of the really hyped matches ever are....I had heard predictions that this would be the match of the century...IMO it wasn't even the match of the tournament....others certainly may disagree

Was happy to see Nadal win...that's good for tennis, I think...but somehow, the match left me a little bit emotionally deflated

:wavey: Welcome to MTF! This was a very good response to garudahk's question. :)

I recorded this match during both airings in the US. I like Roger and Rafa. I am also very interested in the mental side of this game. I believe this is a key win in Rafa's coming out this year and I want these tapes in my permanent library. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he completes the job on Sunday. Go Rafa! :D

The Miami final between Roger/Rafa was sooooo good. I don't have that on tape. But, I still :yippee: just thinking about it! That was another example of the mental aspect of the game.

Rogiman
06-04-2005, 12:36 PM
I certainly hope the final is better than that.

JustmeUK
06-04-2005, 12:39 PM
really? :eek:

Tho i haven't see it, i would love to buy that match to watch!

it's not worthy?

I'll be releasing it as a torrent soon (over the next 48 hours).

EternalFlame
06-04-2005, 01:15 PM
I certainly hope the final is better than that.

I guess the final will be better. At the semis yesterday, there was so much pressure on both guys coz of the hype about the match. The final should be better. I hope so at least.

Billabong
06-04-2005, 01:49 PM
The medias are probably a bit responsible for this:(... I never heard so much hype surrounding a match (except maybe the 2002 US Open final)! They were definitely predicting the match of the century, and it probably got to both players:sad:., who had a lot of pressure..

croat123
06-04-2005, 03:34 PM
even if there wasn't any hype, it was the poorest match in the tournament since at least the third round

jenanun
06-04-2005, 03:41 PM
it wasnt that bad.
people just expecting too much from them......

but i would have to say, the other SF, puerta vs davydenko is a much better match to watch.