Nadal has just BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal has just BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

connectolove
06-04-2005, 07:12 AM
Rafael Nadal has just started a career that will be like noone's. Most people want to lock him inside the clay world but he will cross the surface barrier. We are witnessing the beginning of an amazing CHAMPION.

More surprises coming soon on GRASS and HARD SURFACES soon.
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

El Legenda
06-04-2005, 07:17 AM
like noone's? have u watch tennis back in later years? maybe you should go read up on some other players...

robinhood
06-04-2005, 07:22 AM
Rafael Nadal has just started a career that will be like noone's. Most people want to lock him inside the clay world but he will cross the surface barrier. We are witnessing the beginning of an amazing CHAMPION.

More surprises coming soon on GRASS and HARD SURFACES soon.
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

You sound too much like Brad Gilbert.
But I agree that he will win plenty of matches outside clay.
But as for "a career that will be like no one's", if you are implying at least 15 slams in total with all 4 slams, I don't see that happening.

Clara Bow
06-04-2005, 07:56 AM
I agree that there is a little bit too much hyperbole in the original post. Don't think that he will have the best career ever.

But do think that he will win matches and tournies and even GS (no idea on the number yet as his game is still developing) outside of clay. He has the determination and ability to improve to where I really think he could win a US Open or Aus Open at some point in his career [note:not saying this year- just saying at some time]. I'm not sure if that he will ever be able to win Wimbledon (certainly not at his current level) but if he does ever up his game in the departments needed to I would love for him to win and to end the kinda common condescending attitudue towards players who have clay as their strong suit.

connectolove
06-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Most people don't consider Nadal a contender outside the clay courts but I think this guy's learning skills are superior and he will adjust to anything. Great tennis ahead.

Purple Rainbow
06-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Nadals career might well show an inverted Roland Garros syndrome, which has kept the likes of Lendl and Sampras from winning a career slam.
I don't know about Rafas grass prowess, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him win the Aussie and US Open as well, yet failing to get a Wimby crown.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
06-04-2005, 09:38 AM
And you're crap..... Nadal get some kick's even from Henman....:smash: NADAL :smash:

vincayou
06-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Hmmm... He has yet to win a slam. I'm 99% sure that he will win tomorrow, but it seems that some Nadal's fan have forgotten that he has a final to play.

Horatio Caine
06-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Nadal could win in Aus and RG - nowhere else.

mp3junkie
06-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Most people don't consider Nadal a contender outside the clay courts but I think this guy's learning skills are superior and he will adjust to anything. Great tennis ahead.

I agree 100% with this post. People will be surprise at Nadal's play going forward. Just wait and see.

mp3junkie
06-04-2005, 01:49 PM
You are a hater. Nadal will win them all.

Skyward
06-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Rafael Nadal has just started a career that will be like noone's.

Hello, Makro. :)

silverwhite
06-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Yes!! Nadal and Federer will dominate men's tennis, like the Williams sisters have been dominating women's tennis, for many many years! :woohoo:

croat123
06-04-2005, 02:43 PM
here's the thing about grass...his serve will get destroyed, his heavy topspin counter completely by the surface, and his movement impeded. grass takes away every single weapon he has and exposes his weaknesses. there's not way he's gonna even be a threat on grass. slow hardcourts maybe, but not on grass, fast hardcourts, and carpet

VingaRafel
06-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Yes!! Nadal and Federer will dominate men's tennis, like the Williams sisters have been dominating women's tennis, for many many years! :woohoo:

Well... that's not quite my wish. The Williams dominated for let's say... a couple of years ?? I am hoping for a much longer dominance in this case.

MisterQ
06-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Nadal has a great game... but what sets him apart for me is his mental strength at such a young age. I can think of other 18/19-year olds who were as skilled, but hardly any who were as mentally tough.

That having been said, it is impossible to predict how his career will turn out, other than to say that it has potential to be great.

And clearly Wimbledon is his biggest hurdle with his playing style.

oneandonlyhsn
06-04-2005, 03:13 PM
I love Nadal, I love his style and flare, but all this Nadal hype and all is getting a little too much. I wish someone would be cheering for Puerta too. I mean he has achieved a lot too, I hope Puerta is really pissed tomorrow and comes out as a bull. No need to worry about Nadal the kid always comes out as though he is a boxer, fight, fight and more fight.

connectolove
06-04-2005, 05:45 PM
posted by Skyward : "Hello, Makro.

:) :D

Makro... I haven't read many of his posts...only the one dissapearing if Fed lost... funny.

connectolove
06-04-2005, 05:49 PM
The reason why I think that Nadal is going to surprise us in other surfaces is because the guy has two major advantages:

- his physical condition is outstanding
- his mental condition is oustanding as well and he is into learning all he can.

musefanatic
06-04-2005, 06:04 PM
What I really like about Nadal is that he is such a gentleman. He's not full of himself like some people are.

Like when he said about Federer being no 1 'as a player and a person'. That's so sweet. It's also very mature. That's what gets me about him, he is just so mature for his age!!

NATAS81
06-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Potentially, he could win them all.

You could say that for a ton of others, though.

He has a nice topspin forehand, but his getting balls back and tenacity are more important on grass/HC. That will keep him in every match.

Then you take from that, his long time to grow and mature his shots, you never know.

Mechlan
06-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Outside of RG, I see the AO as being Nadal's best shot at a Grand Slam title (with the game he currently has). The speed of the court and bounce seem like they'd suit him there, and he certainly gave Hewitt a run for his money this year already. In order to accomodate for faster surfaces, he'll definitely need to improve the serve (his second serve speeds are often around 80 mph and sometimes slower), and will have to change some of his court positioning strategy. Also, the things that make him so dominant on clay won't have such an impact - he won't be able to run down everything and use his insane wrist strength to flick winners from way beyond the baseline. He'll have to move in closer to return serves and start dictating more from the baseline. And of course, that wicked topspin won't be such a factor on a surface like grass. He's still got that killer combo of speed and power, so it'll be interesting to see how things turn out.

El Legenda
06-04-2005, 06:52 PM

so for about 2 and half years? :confused:

NATAS81
06-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Yes, and Gasquet and Monfils will win their share of tourneys. Gasquet on clay, Monfils on HC.

NYCtennisfan
06-04-2005, 11:17 PM
If Nadal's serve and return improve, he can win anywhere. As of now, his game will not be effective enough to beat the likes of Federer, Roddick, or Hewitt on grass or fast hardcourts.

deliveryman
06-05-2005, 02:00 AM
I'm praying and wishing that Nadal plays Federer on grass, his best surface.

LOL, I'd love to see Nadal get a set off of Federer on grass, while Nadal isn't playing his best tennis. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

deliveryman
06-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Hell, I'd even like to see Nadal get a set off of Federer on grass, WHILE Nadal is playing his best tennis.

Talk all you want, Federer is the better, more complete tennis player.

rue
06-05-2005, 02:25 AM
Nadal really is something special, I knew it immediately when he beat Roddick in the Davis Cup final that he had something that many young teens do not possess. Nothing that he does now surprises me. He has got the potential to be one of the all time greats not only because of his talent, but because of the mental strength that he possess. He has got an amazing future ahead of him and can't wait to see how he does the rest of the year, given the fact that he wins tomorrow, which I do not doubt he will come away with a victory.

lina_seta
06-05-2005, 02:48 AM
mm this thread shows the birth of another Makro120 (120?) only with nadal

lina_seta
06-05-2005, 02:50 AM
nadal may be a good and dominating player but the artistry of a beautiful tennis of the golden ages is possessed only by FEDERER!!! thats something that no one can take away =)!!
winning is something... having style while winning is another... like andy being world No 1.... dif

lina_seta
06-05-2005, 02:53 AM
skyward u thought the same as me =)... makro

spencercarlos
06-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Many said the same of Hewit and Leiton has a more versatile (adatative for more surfaces) style of play than Rafael, with that running phisical game he has, i donīt see him lasting as much.
People forget Federer played a bad match (62 unforced errors thatīs 2 and half sets give away) on his worst surface and yet lost a close match.
Of course this is a new rivary going, but i just donīt see Nadal dominating on any other surface than Clay, because Roger tennis wise is notches superior to Nadal. Nadal is superior in conditioning and in the phisical aspect and plays better on clay than anyone today.

max122
06-05-2005, 02:20 PM
I'd Say Nadal would give Roger a good game but he cant dominate him. Roger just got too much game.. the guy is natural!

myggen
06-05-2005, 04:53 PM
If Nadal will win half as many slams at Federer he should be more than happy with his career. Federer has so much more class than Nadal. Nadal is stronger and that is why he can dominate Federer on clay, but if Federer improves his backhand furthermore it will be very interesting to see who's got the upper hand on clay. I am confident Federer will go down in history with the most slams, and no one else.

Auscon
06-05-2005, 05:11 PM
looking forward to seeing Rafa v Hewitt at the Wimbledon final :)

someone just has to fluke a win over Roger :)

etiage
06-05-2005, 05:12 PM
hi guys
thread is about nadal and his possible achievements
think what you think of it
but don't have to drag roger in here and start comparing the two

Denise
06-05-2005, 07:21 PM
I totally agree. Rafa has just begun!!!! ;) he'll win more and more titles... you'll see :p