Andy...ROLLEYES [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy...ROLLEYES

ktwtennis
01-24-2003, 11:39 AM
I can't believe you lost!!! You have so many more weapons...Ugh, your head isn't there!!!

Chloe le Bopper
01-24-2003, 11:45 AM
Hey now -

Don't be dissapointed in him!

How can you say his head isn't there? He won two epic matches in a row, and just happened to lose to a trickey player today.

Maybe there wasnt' enough gas in the tank, maybe it wouldnt' have mattered anyhow -

What does matter is that somebody who gutted out those two matches before like he does, doesn't have "head problems"

Chloe le Bopper
01-24-2003, 11:45 AM
tricky*

martinatreue
01-24-2003, 11:59 AM
Rainer is a great counterpuncher and has great precision. Also brings back nearly every serve. He beat Philippoussis something like 6-1, 6-2 in Sydney and made it to the finals giving JCF a tough time. He also played very well against Krajicek, Blake and Nalbandian. So it's not an accident that he beat Andy. Tennis is not all about VISIBLE weapons. Anyways neither Andy nor Rainer will have a chance against Andre. :( Last time Andre played Andy he beat him like 6-3, 6-1 or something. :rolleyes:

Chrisie
01-24-2003, 12:03 PM
Did you watch the match? I certainly did.
He did a very good job, his best. After two five sets matches and with injury, he played incredible. He didn't give up hope. He was trying all the time.

The mistakes that costed his match were probably
1 He didn't get as much first serve in as before.
2 He made more unforced errors(injury?)

Please, don't blame him for the lost. He did surprisingly well in the whole tourment. I appreciate all his effort to stay in the tourment.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. Gee, sorry, I'm getting emotional.:sad: :sad: :sad:
Chrisie can't stay calm today.

Chloe le Bopper
01-24-2003, 12:07 PM
You didn't say anything that was offensive ;)

SanTaureau Fan
01-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Well according to your signature

"Good works CANNOT save you from hell".

I guess Roddick is no exception to that.

Chloe le Bopper
01-24-2003, 12:18 PM
Another bright side -

Andy has made the QF two years in a row at the USO, and he finally made his first semi at a slam he had never done well at.

You HAVE to think that bodes well for the rest of his year.

To boot has a serious chance of being ranked 4th by Roland Garros (if not in say, a month).

Chrisie
01-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Becca, I mean, if anyone doesn't agree with me, they may find my words unpleasant. I always try to keep calm, but now my heart is taking control, I may say something too emotional.

Chloe le Bopper
01-24-2003, 12:26 PM
It happens to a lot of people sometimes, so don't feel bad about it ;)

I mean - I was calm when ferrero lost to Wayne, but when he lost to Hewitt - yeeeoooooww~

Experimentee
01-24-2003, 01:50 PM
He played well considering he had two long matches previous to this, and also had a wrist injury, which affected his play as well. Rainer also played a great match. It was nothing to do with Andys head or whateevr you think.

Sjengster
01-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Interesting that after his fourth-round win, they asked Blake in the press conference how he would tell people in America who the hell Schuettler was. Diplomatic as ever, he replied that he was a great player and that a lot more people in the U.S. should know who he is.

I guess after today, they certainly will, and hopefully they'll realise that Roddick didn't lose it in a match against a guaranteed pigeon - Schuettler has already proved he's anything but that.

J. Corwin
01-24-2003, 06:25 PM
Andy did just fine. He gave it his all...and fell a lil short in the semis. Expect more from him throughout the rest of the year. :)

Ma. Estefania
01-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Roddick did enough to make a good work at Australia, that's why I agree with Rebecca.

babydoll
01-24-2003, 08:57 PM
:( Andy. I hope his wrist is okay. :kiss:

I agree with Becca also. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gif

ktwtennis
01-24-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I now see he was injured...his backhand was definitely affected...

Beulah
01-24-2003, 09:15 PM
He earned his way it to the semis. Now people can get off his ****!

Pea
01-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by ktwtennis
I can't believe you lost!!! You have so many more weapons...Ugh, your head isn't there!!!

LOL! His fans are getting too cocky already?!?! Congrats to Rainer! Great results for him these past 2 weeks!:D

Mr. Man
01-25-2003, 12:51 AM
That sucks that he lost. Now AgASSi is goin' to win. :rolleyes:

But it's still all good, Roddick is past Safin in the rankings. bwuahahahhhaha :p

Chloe le Bopper
01-25-2003, 04:49 AM
That's what happens when Safin doesn't play.

I suppose that if Andy is injured sometime in the next little while, and somebody like Pea laughs because his rankings dips - you'll be cool with that?

Mr. Man
01-25-2003, 05:20 AM
I suppose that if Andy is injured sometime in the next little while, and somebody like Pea laughs because his rankings dips - you'll be cool with that?

Certainly, Yup. :kiss:

KFS
01-25-2003, 12:55 PM
Andy wasn't in 100% physical condition, and besides.. Rainer is in hot form throughout this tourney so far.....

Good show, Andy!!! A Grand Slam final not far from him I believe....

Chrisie
01-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Well, Andy can laugh now. That embarassing 'Rainer position' was nearly his.;)