"Andy has kicked some ass on grass!" the green grass Queens thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

"Andy has kicked some ass on grass!" the green grass Queens thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

blosson
05-26-2005, 08:40 PM
We've been through too much pain. Now one of Andy's favourite seasons is about to kick off.

It's time to leave the losses behind and earn some darm big matches!
It's time to be back at the top!
It's time to turn the table around!

Clay courters! Andy's is just warming up.

Watch out!

"I want this trophy"
(thanks to isifa.com :) )

I usually don't start a season thread but it's my favourite season. I happy ending thread shall it be. :D

EDIT: Attention! The new title is inpired by Deb! ;)

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 08:42 PM
:rocker:

Volley your way to glory on grass!

Nishy
05-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Go Andy!

blosson
05-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Deb, I have changed the title.
Thanks!

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 08:55 PM
LOL! I love it. I'm honored.:hug:

Thanks for starting the thread. I remember doing this last year right after Andy lost too, and it seemed to work :p Maybe it will again.

Hopefully he gets all the good vibes when he gets to London and goes to Queens. Like I said in the other thread, the way he has been volleying consistently well all this year, he really really really should be hard to beat on grass. Now, if the guy would just BELIEVE that.

Björki
05-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Go Andy :bounce:

blosson
05-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Sure Deb. Andy will be the one to beat on grass!
Well, just like Roger, we need to give him the respect he deserves.

We fans are long due some happiness.

Come on Andy, put your head back above your neck, pack up the brains and come to London. Strawberries and cream to everyone.

acoffeygirl
05-26-2005, 09:10 PM
I usually don't start a season thread but it's my favourite season. I happy ending thread shall it be. :D

Thanks for starting this thread......stops and thinks HAPPY THOUGHTS! ;)

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Some things are karmic, y'know?

So here I am feeling bummed still and for some reason, I don't know why - I check my spring grades. They have 5 weeks from the day of the exam to turn them in, so I didn't expect anything to be there since they have a few weeks left. But low and behold - a grade is there.... and it's really really really good. And it cheers me up immensely.

This could be purely coincidental or a good omen of positive things to come. For once, I'll choose to be the crazy idealist and pick the latter :)

acoffeygirl
05-26-2005, 09:14 PM
:bigclap: Congrats Deb....that is really great! I will go with you and believe it is a sign of good things to come :aparty:

snaillyyy
05-26-2005, 09:16 PM
I came back to honor the grass season cause it is my favorite!!! :worship: Love the title :lol:

and as I said before Deb :woohoo: :woohoo: way to go.

Tytta!.
05-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Love the title :rolls:

GO DEB :woohoo: :banana:

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 09:19 PM
I will go with you and believe it is a sign of good things to come :aparty:It is. it HAS to be. Hmmph. Because I said so. Yep.

Thanks guys :o

acoffeygirl
05-26-2005, 09:30 PM
This quote is from an article on the Tennis Week website....I think it pretty much sums it all up!

"Exhibiting class after an exhausting defeat, Roddick hurdled the net to hug Acasuso recognizing the effort of the Argentine who outplayed him over the final two sets. As Roddick walked off the court a fan seeking an autograph thrust a piece of paper toward him and Roddick responded by handing over his racquet without breaking stride as if already looking ahead to the grass-court season."

I am not sure if in was an exhausting defeat....at least compared to some matches, but he did seem classy....so props to him for that.

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 09:32 PM
OK Now this is getting down right CREEPY. All of a sudden out of the blue, one of my close friends from college whom I'd sadly lost touch with IMed me: "Just random, out of the blue: how are you Debra?"

I mean literally I haven't talked to her since the day we graduated over a year ago!

This is for sure a sign. FOR SURE.

Amber, I think it was exhausting. He seemed OK physically but it was still almost 3 1/2 hours, and it was exhausting mentally if nothing else. BUT NO! This is the grass thread. None of that kind of talk here!

Winston's Human
05-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Some things are karmic, y'know?

So here I am feeling bummed still and for some reason, I don't know why - I check my spring grades. They have 5 weeks from the day of the exam to turn them in, so I didn't expect anything to be there since they have a few weeks left. But low and behold - a grade is there.... and it's really really really good. And it cheers me up immensely.

This could be purely coincidental or a good omen of positive things to come. For once, I'll choose to be the crazy idealist and pick the latter :)

Congratulations on your grade!

Thanks for redirecting our pity party.

acoffeygirl
05-26-2005, 09:41 PM
O.K. I take it back....having now watched the clip of his interview....he looks deflated. I am sure mentally more than anything it was exhausting. I for one wouldn't last 1 hour out there! :)

How fun that your friend got in contact with you!

acoffeygirl
05-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Deb...by the way...like your new Avatar. I finally figure out how to save my picture for the web so that I could use it.

guida
05-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Congrats, Deb! :music:

I'm trying to stay positive, so I'll join the party and say: "You'll be great, Andy!" (even though I'm scared to death of what's gonna happen).

tangerine_dream
05-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Open a can of whoop ass on the grass, yes! :yeah:

Good luck in Queens, Andy. Get that three-peat. :banana:

Breakaway
05-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Kick butt Andy! :bounce:

RoddickBabe10
05-26-2005, 10:22 PM
I'll join in with you all as well... GO GO ANDY! GET 'EM! YOU KNOW YOU AND GRASS ARE MADE FOR EACH OTHER! :rocker2:

blosson
05-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Open a can of whoop ass on the grass, yes! :yeah:

Good luck in Queens, Andy. Get that three-peat. :banana:

Definatelly. Queens will restore his confidence and prepare the boy for Wimbledon. Way to go.:yeah:

Andy will be playing in my neighbourhood in a few weeks! :D

(and Guga decides to sit another grass season :( )

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 10:30 PM
blosson, are you going to queens?

blosson
05-26-2005, 10:39 PM
I dunno. I haven't got a ticket yet but will give it a try. I go to Wimbly every year. Well, I actually live nearby. :)

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Ohhhhhh ok! Well, you can give Andy our message then :p

williaer
05-26-2005, 10:52 PM
oooh, lovin the new thread. time for some serious ass kicking action to happen on the grass!!!!!!!!

congrats on ur grade deb! i just got my chemistry test back, and did really well, so good grades galore!

im so pumped for the grass, wimbly is just before i go away to school camp for a term, so i get to watch! - but i miss the first week and a half of usopen :(

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 10:57 PM
YAY williaer!!! Congrats! Chemstry is hard!

as for missing the USO... darn :( Andy will just have to stick around til the end so you can see him :)

jessa007
05-26-2005, 10:57 PM
So is Andy going to be going back home to Austin for a while? Or is he going straight to London. Queens starts on June 6th right?

williaer
05-26-2005, 11:00 PM
YAY williaer!!! Congrats! Chemstry is hard!

as for missing the USO... darn :( Andy will just have to stick around til the end so you can see him :)

thanks deb, congrats to you to!!!! you can call me ellen by the way

yeh, he better stay till the end!!!! - my friends sister is going to be our correspondant and will fax results to us when they play. im going to have some serious catching up to do (with press conferences, pictures, articles to read) when i get back, seeing as im going to miss the entire lead up to the open as well

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 11:12 PM
So is Andy going to be going back home to Austin for a while? Or is he going straight to London. Queens starts on June 6th right?In his press conference he said he didn't know yet (of course he said that in Hamburg too), but the commentators, Brad included, all made it pretty clear he'd head to Austin for a few days. I don't think he'll have trouble adjusting to grass. So, at this point let him do what makes him happy. But yeah, Queen's starts the monday after RG.

Sorry Ellen, will call you that from now on :) that is so cool that your friend will fax you stuff. that's a true pal!

blosson
05-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Yep. I will have a quiet word with Andy about this fricking match once he's in London :)

The Stella Artois Championships 2005 will start on the 6th June but I have no idea if he will stick around in Europe until then.

The full entry list can be seen here.

http://www.stellaartoistennis.com/players.asp

And a picture of that jumbo throphy

http://www.stellaartoistennis.com/images/150x200/04roddick_trophy.gif

williaer
05-26-2005, 11:25 PM
i love that trophy. its so big and grand.
bigger and grander (not even a read word) than the slams' trophys. time to get that back again.

go grass eating andy

surfpinky
05-26-2005, 11:40 PM
That queens trophy cracks me up :lol: I could probably fit in it...hrm...
I'm excited for grass season :yippee: :dance: :yippee:

andyroxmysox12191
05-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Let's just make grass season better than clay k? :)
I love the grass so bring it! lmao

Jennay
05-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Not excited for grass. Don't know why. :sad:

Make me turn that statement around, Andy.. please.

MisterQ
05-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Andy will come to Wimbledon refreshed and ready to make some divots! GO ANDY!!! :bounce:

J. Corwin
05-27-2005, 02:34 AM
"Your ass is grass!" says Andy to all of his opponents. :dance:

smucav
05-27-2005, 04:01 AM
The AELTC knows that Andy will win Wimbledon this year so it went ahead & put him on its poster:

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=12991&bannerregion=Wimbledon Art
By Tennis Week
05/20/2005

Roland Garros begins Monday, but an early glimpse of Wimbledon arrived today.

The official 2005 Wimbledon poster art pictured here. Wimbledon is scheduled for June 20th-July 3rd.

http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/WimbledonArt05.jpgActually, the poster is too small (I even looked on the Wimbledon site) to tell if it's really Andy, but it looks more like him than anyone else (especially The Fed) so I am pretending it's him until proof surfaces.

MisterQ
05-27-2005, 04:03 AM
I thought it looked like Andy, too, smucav. :)

athena_wu
05-27-2005, 05:11 AM
Go, Go,Go, Andy.
It's also my favorite season. I like England, Wimbledon and the green grass.
I know about Andy from Wimbledon.
I have upset a long time since the clay season began.
I have read lots of you guys threads and found so cute you are.

Now I will cheer for andy with you. Let's hope.

Deboogle!.
05-27-2005, 05:13 AM
aw Athena! :hug: Glad to see you post :)

athena_wu
05-27-2005, 05:32 AM
Thanks Deb. I will post more. I love you guys!

Adman
05-27-2005, 08:36 AM
I think that this is the time of the year when Andy gets back in the big time and up there in his place at Number 2 in the world, everyone knows that he wont be world Number 1 for a while but 2 is still great.

blosson
05-27-2005, 10:20 AM
The bitterness of yesterday's loss is fading bit by bit. I'm still sad he didn't achieve his clay season goals.

But there is no way back and we need to look forward to the new green grass season.:D

Fumus
05-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Smoke some weed Andy, then play on grass...on grass ;)

Golfnduck
05-27-2005, 02:06 PM
LET'S GO ANDY!!!! It would be great if he could get the three-peat at Queens then win Wimbledon. I think he can do it, Andy loves grass :p

tangerine_dream
05-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Go, Go,Go, Andy.
It's also my favorite season. I like England, Wimbledon and the green grass.
I know about Andy from Wimbledon.
I have upset a long time since the clay season began.
I have read lots of you guys threads and found so cute you are.

Now I will cheer for andy with you. Let's hope.

:hug: athena, glad to see you posting here. :D

I agree, Q, that Wimbledon poster image kinda looks like Andy. :cool:

I'm glad I vented yesterday about the match because today I feel much better. After I sent off some e-mails to various tennis writers :angel: I have now pushed Andy's match out of mind and am concentrating on the other matches going on. RG is kinda boring this year because the same old players are moving along as expected and there's no dark horse anywhere to save us from RG's banality (Tim Heman, where are you? :bigcry: )

I'm also enjoying the fact that Brad Gilbert has managed to send MTF into convultions. :haha: He says a lot of annoying and sometimes un-PC things but at least he's entertaining. He's a good shot in the arm for the French Open.

Haters in GM out in force again, as usual. So glad everyone cares deeply about Andy and they won't soon forget him. :banana:

MissFairy
05-27-2005, 04:18 PM
"Your ass is grass!" says Andy to all of his opponents. :dance:
:rocker2:

Blosson best season thread ever (because it's more likely to be about winning :o oh and it's in London, yay) :hug:

Shy
05-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Brad Gilbert just say bestest. :tape:

blosson
05-27-2005, 04:35 PM

Blosson best season thread ever (because it's more likely to be about winning :o oh and it's in London, yay) :hug:

YES! It's time to rock London.
Isn't today a beautiful day? Awww :)

MissFairy
05-27-2005, 04:37 PM
YES! It's time to rock London.
Isn't today a beautiful day? Awww :)
Rock London...i like it :D He better rock it good and proper ;)

Best day of the year so far :hearts: i love the sun (i hope it's like this for the whole grass season)

Breakaway
05-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Brad Gilbert just say bestest. :tape:

It would not surprise me if he did.

star
05-27-2005, 11:44 PM

Glad to know you got approval. :kiss:

Iheartandy&roger
05-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Well kicking some ass on the grass would be nice especially now omg.... I can't believe that he lost like that especially with being up 2 sets like that... ugh what bad luck well my hope took a beating but it's not out C'MON ANDY!!!

PinkFeatherBoa
05-28-2005, 01:39 AM
Rock London...i like it :D He better rock it good and proper ;)

Best day of the year so far :hearts: i love the sun (i hope it's like this for the whole grass season)

The weather sure was lovely (:, shame I was stuck in my 6 hour exam all day (this exam was 12 hours in total! :o ) . Fingers crossed its good for Queens and Wimbly.

OK Andy, lets focus and kick some asses around on the grass. :dance: Otherwise, I will get you a sports psychologist, consider yourself warned.

blosson
05-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi, Wimbly is also looking good. They've finished the huge construction work around the public entrance - they have built this huge green glass spaceship looking like thing! They finished 2/3 of the fences, they are replacing the old cheap fence with brick ones. The grass is greener than ever and very shiny. In the morning they have kids [British future?] practising in the outside courts.
The strawberry and other food tents are now up!

MissFairy
05-28-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi, Wimbly is also looking good. They've finished the huge construction work around the public entrance - they have built this huge green glass spaceship looking like thing! They finished 2/3 of the fences, they are replacing the old cheap fence with brick ones. The grass is greener than ever and very shiny. In the morning they have kids [British future?] practising in the outside courts.
The strawberry and other food tents are now up!
Ahhhhh i'm so excited :bounce: I heart Wimbledon :o

Blosson are you going?

Golfnduck
05-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Hopefully, I'll get to go to Wimbledon in the next few years. I'm saving money like crazy to either do Wimbledon, the Aussie Open, or USO.

MissFairy
05-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Hopefully, I'll get to go to Wimbledon in the next few years. I'm saving money like crazy to either do Wimbledon, the Aussie Open, or USO.
:bigclap: Come to Wimbledon :) Jen, i'm saving up to go to the USO next year :)

blosson
05-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Ahhhhh i'm so excited :bounce: I heart Wimbledon :o

Blosson are you going?

I will try to go.
You know. Wimbly has this 'exclusivity' and 'all sold out' thing going on and it's hard to get tickets other than grand passes. :(

MissFairy
05-28-2005, 04:38 PM
I will try to go.
You know. Wimbly has this 'exclusivity' and 'all sold out' thing going on and it's hard to get tickets other than grand passes. :(
Yeah, tell me about it. But i'll line up, i guess, it better not rain :( But then you get stickers :cool: :p And this queer little man gives you a quiz whilst you wait :lol:

Do you live closeby?

blosson
05-28-2005, 04:40 PM
yep. I can just walk. :)

I see a bunch of people queing over night, staying in tents, having bbq's it's so mad.

Deboogle!.
05-28-2005, 04:41 PM
You guys should all meet up and have some strawberries together :D

MissFairy
05-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Oooh strawberries and Wimbledon tennis :hearts:
You can walk there, ooo that's so :cool: I live about 15 minutes away :)

RodLo
05-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Mmmm.....Wimbledon. :drool: :p

smucav
05-28-2005, 04:58 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-frenchnotes28may28,0,2030638.story?coll=sfla-sports-headlinesRoddick returns home

Andy Roddick quickly settled the issue of whether he's staying in Europe or going home before the grass court season.

He was on a plane back to Florida on Friday and will return to London in one week to begin preparation for Queens. ...

blosson
05-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Of course, Andy went to see his mommy.

(haven't they moved to texas, i mean his parents?)

Deboogle!.
05-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Yeah they have.. most of the family is in texas now but Andy is apparently keeping a house in Florida. He'll spend some time there I'm sure - probably mostly in the winter b/c it's not conducive to practice in TX that time of year plus Dean is in Florida. Unfortunately, being in TX this time of year is nothing at all like what it would be like in London. it's real hot and real humid in texas this time of year. But, I guess he'll adjust to grass ok anyway. So I guess it won't be that big a deal. His main thing right now is mental adjustment so if he has to go home to accomplish that, then he should do what he thinks he has to do.

I'm surprised he didn't even leave on Thursday night as early as he possibly could. He better get to London by Friday, though:o

Tytta!.
05-28-2005, 05:39 PM
I agree, Deb. He better :o

Golfnduck
05-28-2005, 05:55 PM
:bigclap: Come to Wimbledon :) Jen, i'm saving up to go to the USO next year :)
The Aussie Open would be best for me. Most courses are shut down during the winter, and the summer is a busy time. But I would love to go to Wimbledon, unfortunately, that is one of the craziest times is around the end of June and early July :o

guida
05-28-2005, 06:31 PM
yep. I can just walk. :)

Grrrr, I'm so jealous... :fiery: Lucky, lucky girl! ;)

MissFairy
05-28-2005, 07:15 PM
The Aussie Open would be best for me. Most courses are shut down during the winter, and the summer is a busy time. But I would love to go to Wimbledon, unfortunately, that is one of the craziest times is around the end of June and early July :o
Flights are most expensive at the time Wimbledon is on too :( And the USO too actually, except it starts to go down towards the beginning of September. There's no way i can afford to go to the Oz open :eek: NY will be expensive enough, i think i'll be severely poor by the end of that trip, how :cool: :p

Winston's Human
05-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Unfortunately, being in TX this time of year is nothing at all like what it would be like in London. it's real hot and real humid in texas this time of year.

Actually, this weekend and next week, Central and North Texas seem more like England. It will be rainy with high temperatures around 80.

Deboogle!.
05-28-2005, 07:30 PM
OH! Well good then! Thanks for the details :cool:

acoffeygirl
05-28-2005, 07:42 PM
:worship: Deb and Tytta...LOVE the new avatars!! :inlove:

Tytta!.
05-28-2005, 07:45 PM
At least's he's pretty :p

Iheartandy&roger
05-28-2005, 08:36 PM

Lmao so true thank god for that! If only the skill he had would come back :sad:

jessa007
05-28-2005, 08:37 PM

If only that could help his game. :o

The pictures are cheering me up though! :)

Deboogle!.
05-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Well he's said a few times before that he feels like the more he wins, the hotter people think he is... so.... let's do it Andy :p

MisterQ
05-28-2005, 08:39 PM
:)

Deboogle!.
05-28-2005, 08:42 PM
DEATH Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superpinkone37
05-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Q!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH :rolls:

blosson
05-28-2005, 08:45 PM
:lol: Q :lol:

snaillyyy
05-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Q !! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

guida
05-28-2005, 08:52 PM
:haha:LOLOLOLOLOL :haha:

Tytta!.
05-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Q OMC HAHAHAHAHAHA :haha: :haha: :haha:

surfpinky
05-28-2005, 10:40 PM
MisterQ :haha:

Neely
05-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Time to grow again a beard for Queen's like last year, Andy! :drool: :rocker2:
;)

andyroxmysox12191
05-28-2005, 10:59 PM
:haha: Death Q! :haha:

Deboogle!.
05-28-2005, 11:00 PM
;)ick ick ick ick ick.

but if he wins, I can handle it for a few weeks :p

guida
05-28-2005, 11:02 PM
I was gonna say the same :) ; as long as he doesn't grow it like it was in Wimby, where he looked like the Wolf Man... :rolleyes:

blosson
05-28-2005, 11:10 PM
haha i like the wolf man!

nkhera1
05-28-2005, 11:37 PM
;)

Maybe it will make him play better. After all he won Queen's and came a rainbreak ways from winning Wimbledon. I remember some other player didn't shave during Wimbledon and they won the whole thing. Even Federer said he couldn't keep up with Roddick from the baseline which is why he began to come to the net and that worked because Roddick doesn't know how to hit a topspin lob. :sad:

RodLo
05-28-2005, 11:40 PM
No one give him ANY ideas! :tape:

Deboogle!.
05-29-2005, 12:40 AM
Maybe it will make him play better. After all he won Queen's and came a rainbreak ways from winning Wimbledon. I remember some other player didn't shave during Wimbledon and they won the whole thing. Even Federer said he couldn't keep up with Roddick from the baseline which is why he began to come to the net and that worked because Roddick doesn't know how to hit a topspin lob. :sad:I believe it was Borg :) Andy *can* hit a topspin lob.... just not a very good one :lol: I've seen him do it successfully, though. He definitely is capable.

andyroxmysox12191
05-29-2005, 12:42 AM
I liked the beard :p
Well it depended on the day lol

Breakaway
05-29-2005, 12:46 AM
No beard for Andy! It will ruin his aerodynamics. :p

Iheartandy&roger
05-29-2005, 01:41 AM
No beard for Andy! It will ruin his aerodynamics. :p

Don't even make me think of the beard :scared: it comes back and I'll go to one of the touneys and throw a razor at him.

guida
05-29-2005, 02:33 AM
Don't even make me think of the beard :scared: it comes back and I'll go to one of the touneys and throw a razor at him.

:haha: Go, sista! :D

Golfnduck
05-29-2005, 03:55 AM
The beard is a little :unsure: but if he wins, I don't give a flying rats ass what he does.

Breakaway
05-29-2005, 03:59 AM

That would be hilarious!! Go for it. :p

smucav
05-29-2005, 04:20 AM
I remember some other player didn't shave during Wimbledon and they won the whole thing.Bjorn Borg quit shaving after Roland Garros every year & made the Wimbledon final six years in a row (winning the first five).

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/french/2005-05-26-superstitions_x.htmPosted 5/26/2005 11:13 PM Updated 5/26/2005 11:36 PM
Players walk fine line when it comes to superstitions
By Douglas Robson, special for USA TODAY
PARIS — That odor coming out of James Blake's locker? It's the Nike baseball cap he's worn without washing for three weeks — a talisman that finally failed when the American lost in the second round of the French Open on Thursday to end a 14-match winning streak.

"Now I finally get to throw out that disgusting hat that I've been wearing for 15 straight matches," says Blake, who was hobbled by cramps in a 6-7 (9-11), 5-7, 6-1, 6-3, 6-4 loss to Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka.

Like many pro athletes, Blake clings to superstition to help navigate the vagaries of performance, where any little psychological edge — even if it stinks up the locker room — is sought.

Whether psychological placebo, desire to control fate or simply a way of sticking with a winning method, quirky habits have been a longstanding staple of sports.

Superstition or routine?

Tiger Woods wears a red shirt on the last day of events he plays. Baseball player Wade Boggs famously consumed chicken at 2 p.m. on game days throughout his 18-year career. Swedish great Bjorn Borg never shaved during the Wimbledon fortnight, which he won from 1976-80.

The line between superstition and routine is thin. Staying in the same hotel, using the same racket, taking the same route to the tournament or bouncing the ball the same number of times before serving can help players focus and trigger concentration.

"We like to have a certain routine and like to have confidence in what we do day after day," says No. 3 seed Amelie Mauresmo of France, who says she is less superstitious than most.

Some players have good-luck routines regardless of the situation.

Nadia Petrova always tries to sit on the same side of the umpire's chair once a tournament begins. Since a player's position is up for grabs, the No. 7 seed from Russia will walk briskly on court or elbow ahead of an opponent to try to secure her favored spot, be it left or right.

"Sometimes you get the feeling that a player wants to take the seat so you're pushing or a little bit faster," says Petrova, who advanced to the third round Thursday.

Michael Llodra of France, a two-time Grand Slam champion in doubles, always showers in the second stall at whatever tournament he's playing.

Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova, the 2004 U.S. open champ, doesn't like anyone touching her rackets before her matches.

Xavier Malisse of Belgium always takes balls when serving from the ball boy or ball girl to his right, which sometimes confuses them. He's not sure how or why he started doing it.

"It makes me believe that I can hold my serve," he says.

Riding a streak

Other habits, like Blake's, have to do with keeping streaks alive.

"Basically I don't mess with winning streaks, if it's eating the same thing for breakfast, if it's going through kind of the same routine, whatever it is," says Blake, who also refused to shave during his run and had thick growth on his face.

World No. 3 Andy Roddick likes to keep the same shirt on when he's playing well, even if it's soaked in sweat, according to his coach, Dean Goldfine.

Some superstitions are just flat-out strange.

Vince Spadea, who retired because of a stomach injury while trailing 6-4, 6-3 to No. 21 seed Tommy Haas on Thursday, sprays himself with two shots of cologne for good luck before he takes the court. But only two.

"If I have Calvin Klein smelling up the joint, I don't feel intense," he says. Spadea also switches colognes when he hits a bad streak.

Many players admit to having had lots of offbeat habits early in their careers that they outgrew over time.

France's Mary Pierce says she used to be "really superstitious until I realized how stupid it was and didn't mean anything."

She wanted to serve with the same ball after she won a point. She avoided walking on lines. She had her mother wash the same outfit night after night when she was winning.

"Eventually, I had so many superstitions that it started to take too long between points, and I started to get warnings," the 2000 French Open singles and doubles champion says.

American Lisa Raymond ate at the same Indian restaurant in London when she reached the quarterfinals of Wimbledon in 2000, "as bad as that is," she says. But the 31-year-old no longer alters her routine for good fortune.

"The older I've gotten, the less superstitious I get," she says.

While it may be asking a lot to manipulate the fates, superstitions can help athletes take the edge off the reality of their lives, which are filled with elusive and fleeting top performances.

"We are all in kinds of ways superstitious," Petrova says. "But when you lose, you start to blame yourself and ask, 'Why am I doing these things?' "

Iheartandy&roger
05-29-2005, 05:52 AM
The beard is a little :unsure: but if he wins, I don't give a flying rats ass what he does.

Yeah no kidding I would do anything to see him in a finals again man how long has it been??....... :(

blosson
05-29-2005, 07:25 AM
World No. 3 Andy Roddick likes to keep the same shirt on when he's playing well, even if it's soaked in sweat, according to his coach, Dean Goldfine.

So Andy only changes shirt when loosing... :)

Black Adam
05-29-2005, 07:35 AM
I had my grass avatar ready more than 2 weeks ago.....i am really impatient for him to start kicking ass on grass! I kinda liked the beard.
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Reuters_Photo/2004/07/04/1088961608_3420.jpg
http://www.andyroddick.com/images/gallery/10307_04Stella-1.jpg

Deboogle!.
05-29-2005, 02:49 PM
So Andy only changes shirt when loosing... :)I mean in theory a superstition like this isn't surprising.... except that I've seen Andy change his shirt a lot in matches he was winning lol.

Zoeeee
05-29-2005, 05:50 PM
HI I'm new!

Thats basically all i wanted to say.. and.. um... Andy is soooo gonna win Wimbledon I can just feel it

So, to recap: I'm new and Andy's gonna win!

snaillyyy
05-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi Zoeeee :wavey: Welcome!!

MisterQ
05-29-2005, 05:55 PM
HI I'm new!

Thats basically all i wanted to say.. and.. um... Andy is soooo gonna win Wimbledon I can just feel it

:lol:

That's a great first post. Like a little perfectly-structured essay! ;)

welcome

guida
05-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Hi,Zoeeee! Welcome! :D

Hope that happens! :unsure:

MissFairy
05-29-2005, 06:15 PM
HI I'm new!

:wavey: Hiya :)
The recaps is a nice touch, i like conclusions :cool:

allanah
05-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi Zoeeee :wavey:

surfpinky
05-29-2005, 06:35 PM
Hi Zoeee :wavey: Welcome to the boards :)

Iheartandy&roger
05-29-2005, 06:43 PM
HI I'm new!

Hey Zoe welcome to the boards glad to see another Andy fan! :wavey: :wavey: YES he will and better kick some grass at Wimbledon!
Well enjoy the boards!

Zoeeee
05-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Hehehe.. people are welcoming me!

The recap was a nice touch.. thank you for mentioning it!

Am I allowed to openly hate Lleyton Hewitt on the board?

allanah
05-29-2005, 06:52 PM

Hey Guida, look! A kindred spirit. :p :D

PinkFeatherBoa
05-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Hehehe.. people are welcoming me!

The recap was a nice touch.. thank you for mentioning it!

If you like, there's enough Andy haters around this board, that I'm sure the hate needs evening out a little. :devil: :lol:

Welcome btw. :wavey:

Zoeeee
05-29-2005, 07:15 PM
ok! I can openly hate him then!

Ahem here;s a poem I wrote:

There once was a man called LLeyton,
Who was possessed by Satan,
He talked to his hand,
All over the land,
That sad little man called Lleyton

allanah
05-29-2005, 07:24 PM
If you like, there's enough Andy haters around this board, that I'm sure the hate needs evening out a little. :devil: :lol:

Welcome btw. :wavey:

Hey PFB, there are no such things as Andy-haters. Only Andy-lovers in denial :devil: ;)

PinkFeatherBoa
05-29-2005, 07:29 PM
:lol: True allanah.

and I love that Lleyton poem Zoe, truly inspired. (;

guida
05-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey Guida, look! A kindred spirit. :p :D

The more the merrier! :rocker2: :dance: :bounce:

Zoeeee, that poem is class. :worship:

allanah
05-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Ooooh, poetry? Fun!

There once was a young lad called Lleyton
Who's "C'mons!!!" made you want to smack his face in
But violence is lame
and tennis is a game
so lets hope Andy can bring home the bacon

*coughs* I'll get me own coat.....:bolt:

guida
05-29-2005, 07:38 PM
:haha: :haha: It's the thought that counts, Al! :lol:

zoltan83
05-29-2005, 07:44 PM
:wavey: Zoe and Welcome here!!

Zoeeee
05-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Yay! People Like me.. or maybe its just the poem?

erm.. should I make up some more or what?

RodLo
05-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Ooooh, poetry? Fun!

There once was a young lad called Lleyton
Who's "C'mons!!!" made you want to smack his face in
But violence is lame
and tennis is a game
so lets hope Andy can bring home the bacon

*coughs* I'll get me own coat.....:bolt:

:rolls: :bigclap:

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 05:55 AM
:haha: :haha: You guys are funny.

Welcome, Zoe!!!

athena_wu
05-30-2005, 06:19 AM
There once was a man called LLeyton,
Who was possessed by Satan,
He talked to his hand,
All over the land,
That sad little man called Lleyton

I like this. you present a good way to hate him. :rolleyes:

Zoeeee
05-30-2005, 11:23 AM
*clears throat*

There was a young guy called Andy
Who's tennis was fine and dandy (sorry!)
With a wink and a smile
He makes the game worth while
lets all droll over Mr. Andy

Not as good as the LLeyton Hating one.. sorry!

allanah
05-30-2005, 11:38 AM
It's better than my effort Zoeeee.:yeah: Great that Andy inspires such creativity in ya :D

Zoeeee
05-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Allanah urs poem was cool! The c'omons do make me wanna punch his face in.. most things he does makes me wanna punch his face in...... :boxing: ... oops got a bit distracted working out how to hurt him......................................... he;s gonna be @ Queens right?

surfpinky
05-30-2005, 05:31 PM
cute poems :lol:
I like Lleyton btw :bolt:

MissFairy
05-30-2005, 06:12 PM
surfpinky, it's not illegal :lol:

joske
05-30-2005, 06:20 PM
surfpinky, it's not illegal :lol:
no it isn't.... but bordering it :p

surfpinky
05-30-2005, 06:24 PM
:)

joske
05-30-2005, 06:25 PM
hehe don't worry I usedto be a Hewitt fan too before I discovered JC and later Andy ;)

allanah
05-30-2005, 07:06 PM
cute poems :lol:
I like Lleyton btw :bolt:

If I were a Hewitt fan, I'd loooove him. The way he's so feisty and never gives up and totally shows what he's feeling on court. Unfortunately, the fact that Andy and James Blake just can't beat him no matter how hard they try, makes me find all these characteristics kinda irritating :shrug: :angel:
Fair play to him tho. He has a lot of traits I wish I saw more of in Andy. :sad:

MissFairy
05-30-2005, 07:08 PM
allanah, everytime i get annoyed that andy can't beat Hewitt i think of last years Queens when he beat him :D Makes me feel a bit better :hug:

surfpinky
05-30-2005, 07:12 PM
That's what I like about Lleyton, his character on court, how he fights for every point...
And sometimes I get mad, not at Lleyton, but at Andy. Like, sometimes I think Andy can play better than that, and he doesn't :(

allanah
05-30-2005, 07:17 PM
That's what I like about Lleyton, his character on court, how he fights for every point...
And sometimes I get mad, not at Lleyton, but at Andy. Like, sometimes I think Andy can play better than that, and he doesn't :(

I totally agree with that. Andy has those traits tho. I remember time and again him being up against it and pulling it out of the bag through sheer force of will. It's the fact that I know he has it in him that makes it so disheartening when he doesn't do himself justice.

allanah, everytime i get annoyed that andy can't beat Hewitt i think of last years Queens when he beat him Makes me feel a bit better

Sarah, I need something to constantly reinforce the memory of that win. It's starting to fade :awww: Hopefully that'll happen eight days from now at Queens :bounce:

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 07:21 PM
I liked Hewitt til he started using his intensity to be rude to his opponents. that turned me off bigtime.

MissFairy
05-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Queen's better bring some good memories, i agree or :armed:
Andy cares about grass, so i hope he's able to show that fiery passion instead of the frustrating indifference for most of the match. And then screwing when it goes wrong :fiery:

blosson
05-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Hopefully that'll happen eight days from now at Queens :bounce:

:cool: :yeah:

acoffeygirl
05-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Does anyone know if Queens will be on TV here in the states? :confused:

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 07:53 PM
only on TTC from the QF on.... sorry :(

superpinkone37
05-30-2005, 08:01 PM

:ras: :p

acoffeygirl
05-30-2005, 08:04 PM

Thanks Deb.....that really stinks! :fiery:

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Come over and watch, Danielle and Amber :D

acoffeygirl
05-30-2005, 08:11 PM
If....I mean when....he makes it to the Semifinals...I might just have to take you up on that!! ;)

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 08:19 PM
ok :D

EARLY saturday morning party at my place :lol:

smucav
05-30-2005, 08:21 PM
I liked Hewitt til he started using his intensity to be rude to his opponents. that turned me off bigtime.Near the beginning of Roland Garros, PMac & Dick were discussing Nadal and Dick said "Nadal is always so intense, but not in a grating way like Hewitt." That pretty much sums it up. He used to be just plain intense (like Nadal), but in the last six months or so he's really crossed the line from intensity to bad sportsmanship.

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 08:23 PM
yes, it pretty much does. And I like Rafa. He's never rude to his opponents, and he's very very sporting. Same with Marat. NEVER at his opponents. And you never hear players complain about either of them, even though they're two of the most intense guys on tour.

There's a way to be intense and not rude about it. And I didn't think Lleyton used to be like that when he was younger. Maybe I didn't pay as much attention as I do now or something, I dunno. But I know that I hate it. And I hate it about Maria, too.

surfpinky
05-30-2005, 08:26 PM
I don't like Maria because her screams annoy me

MissFairy
05-30-2005, 08:26 PM
I love GM, Marat lost today and he played some awful volleys so they start a thread insulting his volleys. Fine. But in typical GM style, on Andy's too. *applause*

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 08:27 PM
GM :hearts:

acoffeygirl
05-30-2005, 08:27 PM

Yay....Party at Deb's place! :aparty:

Now we can see the fun IKEA lamps!!

surfpinky
05-30-2005, 08:31 PM

http://www.funfilesandsmiles.com/smilies/553.gif
I'll bring the balloon :p

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 08:32 PM
:lol: I have like.... 8 fun IKEA lamps :haha: I have this one too...two of them actually :o

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/15816_PE100060_S4.jpg

:haha: btw, the Queens semis start at about 5:30am Pacific time that Saturday :lol:

acoffeygirl
05-30-2005, 08:40 PM
:haha: btw, the Queens semis start at about 5:30am Pacific time that Saturday :lol:

Well....it would definitely get me up and going on Saturday.

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Well I can make a decent cup of coffee, so come on over :lol:

smucav
05-30-2005, 08:45 PM
yes, it pretty much does. And I like Rafa. He's never rude to his opponents, and he's very very sporting. Same with Marat. NEVER at his opponents. And you never hear players complain about either of them, even though they're two of the most intense guys on tour.Well Ferrero was accusing Safin of gamesmanship in Hamburg, but that's rare. Today even after the umpire gave him a code violation, he later patted him on the back during after the umpire looked at a mark even though it went against him and gave Robredo another first serve late in the match after his first serve was called out.There's a way to be intense and not rude about it. And I didn't think Lleyton used to be like that when he was younger. Maybe I didn't pay as much attention as I do now or something, I dunno. But I know that I hate it.I've watched Hewitt fairly closely since 2000 & I think he only turned it up a notch late last year--coincidentally (or not) right after the break-up with Kim. Was he tempering his behavior to not look especially boorish while Kim was on the scene or was it that he had nothing to be intense about while he was out of the top five for over a year?And I hate it about Maria, too.Maria in someways is even worse than Hewitt in that she has done it (fist pump in the face of her opponent) when her opponent was injured. I can't recall even Hewitt doing that.

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Well Ferrero was accusing Safin of gamesmanship in Hamburg, but that's rare. Today even after the umpire gave him a code violation, he later patted him on the back during after the umpire looked at a mark even though it went against him and gave Robredo another first serve late in the match after his first serve was called out.Yea, but they've been friends for at least 10 years. The Hamburg match was an anomaly. I've watched Hewitt fairly closely since 2000 & I think he only turned it up a notch late last year--coincidentally (or not) right after the break-up with Kim. Was he tempering his behavior to not look especially boorish while Kim was on the scene or was it that he had nothing to be intense about while he was out of the top five for over a year?Ok, glad it's not just me then. I noticed it a little earlier than when he and Kim broke up, b/c he was doing it at the US open and even earlier. Maybe as early as the grass season. But what got me, what I felt was the kicker, was when James Blake spoke out about it. Because not only is he known as one of the nicest guys on the tour but he and Hewitt had previously had a long and troubled past that James had forgiven him for... it's like, if James thought his behavior was so bad, it must have been REALLY BAD. But whatever. He'd probably be rather remembered for his results than his friends in the locker room, but it's indicative of the kind of person he is and I personally just can't support a player like that :shrug:

surfpinky
05-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Wow, after reading all of that, I think I might be changing my mind about Lleyton...
ummm...I like Lleyton's tennis

allanah
05-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Amen to that, Deb. It's not just the player a fan supports, you like to think there's a decent human being behind the sports persona as well.

I also think Kim can do better than him. *cough* Andy *cough*. They'd be so cute :hearts:

surfpinky
05-30-2005, 09:01 PM
I love Kimmie :hug:

allanah
05-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Me too. She's my WTA Andy :D

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 09:05 PM
aw Kim :D they'd be cute together.

Natalie, you can like Lleyton if you want, don't let us change your mind :)

surfpinky
05-30-2005, 09:06 PM
:p

guida
05-30-2005, 10:47 PM
It's soooo rewarding to find out you're not alone in hating a player everyone seems to admire for his "intensity". Allanah, I loved what you said about the human being behind the sports persona. That's just it, and mean as it may sound, I really, really hope that will be Hewitt's downfall in a not so distant future. :mad:

(Oh, and yes, Maria is downright unbearable, she's the most spoilt of every WTA player out there. She'll be a bitchy diva in no time :().

blosson
05-30-2005, 11:00 PM
guida, oh my gosh I just realised that 'the racquet' in your avatar looks like a dildo!!
:eek: :)

guida
05-30-2005, 11:08 PM
guida, oh my gosh I just realised that 'the racquet' in your avatar looks like a dildo!!
:eek: :)

Ahem, blosson, I'm really lost for words after such a comment... :scratch: But hey, anyone is free to see what they like on an Andy pic... ;)

blosson
05-30-2005, 11:11 PM
haha it's the flesh kind of colour of the handle grip...
I haven't notice until now when I was trying to read the words. :lol:

heya
05-30-2005, 11:29 PM
A certain someone shall remind him that he benefitted from too
many injured enemies,
lucky draws and tank jobs.
:music: :baby:Luhoooserrr's 2 straight set losses will arrive. :devil:
:aplot:
Let's see how his lips feel when he kisses butts instead of the Australian Open court.

I'm sure, James Blake will be smiling.

superpinkone37
05-30-2005, 11:33 PM
5:30am... hmm that is early...

Yay....Party at Deb's place! :aparty:

Now we can see the fun IKEA lamps!!
Do we get to sit on the superawesomecool turquoise couch? :hearts:

Well I can make a decent cup of coffee, so come on over

Actually, I would prefer a smoothie, courtesy of the Magic Bullet ;)

:haha:

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Do we get to sit on the superawesomecool turquoise couch? :hearts:Uh, of course!! Or you can sit on the equally superawesomecool fuzzy black blowup chair - you didn't even notice that I bet!!! It's veryveryfun ;) Actually, I would prefer a smoothie courtesy of the Magic Bullet ;)

:haha:Okidoki coming right up! :p

superpinkone37
05-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Uh, of course!! Or you can sit on the equally superawesomecool fuzzy black blowup chair - you didn't even notice that I bet!!! It's veryveryfun ;)
No, I didn't notice that lol. I mean, I was in your apartment for only a few minutes and I was watching TTC and we were posting on here :lol:

Okidoki coming right up! :p

Deboogle!.
05-30-2005, 11:47 PM
No, I didn't notice that lol. I mean, I was in your apartment for only a few minutes and I was watching TTC and we were posting on here :lol:LMAO @ your "originally posted by..." things :haha: Anyway, yeah, it's on the far side of the room by the balcony. But trust me, it rocks :p

acoffeygirl
05-31-2005, 02:29 AM
So Deb what cable provider do you have? I just switched from cable to satellite, and think my old cable company now has TTC.

A smoothie from the magic bullet sounds yummmy!!!

Deboogle!.
05-31-2005, 02:47 AM
I have Comcast. If you'd get Comcast LA then you'd be able to get TTC on digital sports package but I don't know if the other cities around LA are the same? Check it out and ditch your satellite if you can get TTC lol. it's worth it! Unless you're in a long contract with the dish, then that would stink :(

acoffeygirl
05-31-2005, 02:51 AM
I have Comcast. If you'd get Comcast LA then you'd be able to get TTC on digital sports package but I don't know if the other cities around LA are the same? Check it out and ditch your satellite if you can get TTC lol. it's worth it! Unless you're in a long contract with the dish, then that would stink :(

I had Comcast until I switched last month. Bummer....I can't get out of satellite for a year......but I was going to have to pay waaaay to much for cable. I switched to satellite becuase it was cheaper. Well I'll just have to rely on you and instant messaging for my tennis fix I guess!!

J. Corwin
05-31-2005, 03:04 AM
HI I'm new!

Howdy Zoeeee! Weeeee! :banana: :wavey:

Breakaway
05-31-2005, 04:37 AM
I hope DirecTV picks up TTC. :p

acoffeygirl
05-31-2005, 03:47 PM
I hope DirecTV picks up TTC. :p

Me too!

Deboogle!.
05-31-2005, 03:52 PM
If you go to the TTC Site and read the message boards, there's a lot of talk about both DirecTV and Dish Network. It sounds like they're trying very hard and can't get the deals yet for whatever reason :(. You guys should keep calling and requesting it - that still seems to be the most successful way to get it added...

acoffeygirl
05-31-2005, 04:05 PM
When I signed up they put in that I had requested it.....I'll keep bugging them though!!!

Deboogle!.
05-31-2005, 04:05 PM
omg yea, call them like every day! LOL

tangerine_dream
05-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi Zoe :wavey: Welcome here. :dance:

OK, am I really the only one here who likes Lleyton, Maria, and Justine? :sad: I seem to gravitate towards controversial types. :lol:

I have Comcast.
Hate you.

zoltan83
05-31-2005, 04:20 PM
OK, am I really the only one here who likes Lleyton, Maria, and Justine? :sad: I seem to gravitate towards controversial types. :lol:

No you aren't :hug: Me too I like them.

acoffeygirl
05-31-2005, 04:26 PM

I actually like Maria.....but Lleyton just gets on my nerves. I am ambivalent regarding Justine.

Deboogle!.
05-31-2005, 04:28 PM
OK, am I really the only one here who likes Lleyton, Maria, and Justine? :sad: I seem to gravitate towards controversial types. :lol: I don't mind Maria - I like her game. She can't help a lot of the attention she gets. It's not her fault she's leggy and blond and stuff, can't fault her for that - that would be like when people started hating Andy b/c of the attention he was getting, these people can't help it so that's not why I don't like her. I think she works hard and has improved a lot and has earned her TENNIS accomplishments and has a very explosive game. I like Justine's game, but I don't think she's a nice person. But I admire her work ethic and fighting spirit and mental strength. I used to LOVE Lleyton. But it's the same about Maria and him, I cannot support players who cheer after their opponents' errors, it's just so unsporting to me, I just have a real problem with it and can't get past it. Just for me there is a big difference between intense guys like Rafa, Marat, Andy, etc., and those types who are consistently and blatantly disrespectful to their opponents like Lleyton, Maria, Serena, etc. But I mean, it's just a matter of opinion and you like whoever you like, who cares what anyone else thinks :)

Hate you.:sad:

Breakaway
05-31-2005, 04:28 PM
We have called and emailed, I guess we will just have to wait... :(

acoffeygirl
05-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Tennis Week just posted an interview with TTC President....here was one of the questions:

Tennis Week: Will TTC ever be on DirecTV?

Steve Bellamy: We certainly hope so. There has been a major management change there recently, and hopefully the new regime is excited to get more tennis on television. We are certainly a perfect fit for their service. There are a ton of tennis fans who are DirecTV subscribers.

We can only hope!

allanah
05-31-2005, 04:46 PM

:eek: Well Tangy, your tastes are certainly eclectic.:p Lleyton and Maria? That's a lot of noise and obnoxiousness, right there.

I totally agree about Justine tho. I love, love, love how she refuses to lose. No matter how crap she's playing. Hope I haven't just jinxed her :tape:

Breakaway
05-31-2005, 04:49 PM
Tennis Week just posted an interview with TTC President....here was one of the questions:

Tennis Week: Will TTC ever be on DirecTV?

Steve Bellamy: We certainly hope so. There has been a major management change there recently, and hopefully the new regime is excited to get more tennis on television. We are certainly a perfect fit for their service. There are a ton of tennis fans who are DirecTV subscribers.

We can only hope!

Thanks for that. I hope it comes soon. I'm tired of missing out.

guida
05-31-2005, 04:51 PM
:eek: Well Tangy, your tastes are certainly eclectic.:p Lleyton and Maria? That's a lot of noise and obnoxiousness, right there.

:haha::haha:

Hi, Allanah! :wavey:

allanah
05-31-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey Guida! :) :wavey:

heya
05-31-2005, 05:04 PM
Tennis can be a teensy weeny bit less predictable.

Andy= One of the smartest devils, but loves to fool everyone
into believing the opposite

Hewitt & Maria & Serena = Media darlings :tape: :rolleyes: *loud burp

guida
05-31-2005, 05:07 PM
Tennis can be a teensy weeny bit less predictable.

Andy= One of the smartest devils, but loves to fool everyone
into believing the opposite

Ain't that the truth... ;)

Hewitt & Maria & Serena = Media darlings :tape: :rolleyes: *loud burp

:haha::haha::haha:

Richie_Roddick
05-31-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah grass rocks!! :rocker:

tangerine_dream
05-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Har. Well it's not like they're both on the same court at the same time, that would be too much for anyone to take. ;)

And Deb you know I love you :hug: Even though I hate you. :p

blosson
05-31-2005, 08:03 PM
It will be interesting to see how daddy hewitt will react when his baby is born. Will he still be a pumped boy?

"Look! That's daddy giving the fist to that poor player at the other side."

acoffeygirl
05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
So I just read that Hewitt and Mark Philippoussis are going to play doubles at Queen's as well.....

blosson
05-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Acoffeygirl, that's a great caption in your avy! :D

acoffeygirl
05-31-2005, 08:21 PM
Acoffeygirl, that's a great caption in your avy! :D

Ahhh Thanks! :hug: Heya was just too funny today...so I was inspired!!

blosson
05-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Ahhh Thanks! :hug: Heya was just too funny today...so I was inspired!!

just a little amend...

Breakaway
05-31-2005, 08:45 PM
So I just read that Hewitt and Mark Philippoussis are going to play doubles at Queen's as well.....

That will be interesting, I wonder how they are going to do?

Deboogle!.
05-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Andy played doubles last year with Andre. I hope he plays again with someone even if it's a random thing just to get one more grass match in and they lose first round. It'll be good for him to get his footing and comfort level :) I'm sure that's why both Lleyton and Flip are doing it too

blosson
05-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Andy could play doubles with Mario.

Jennay
05-31-2005, 08:54 PM
I live in South Florida, so it's basically 'WTF?' for me when Comcast told me that TTC is not available. :o

I like Maria, tangy. Her game is fun to watch; just minus the grunts, cheering opponents errors, and her scaaaary father.

Breakaway
05-31-2005, 08:55 PM
Maybe Andy and Nastya can play mixed doubles at Wimbledon! :yeah:

acoffeygirl
05-31-2005, 09:06 PM
Andy played doubles last year with Andre. I hope he plays again with someone even if it's a random thing just to get one more grass match in and they lose first round. It'll be good for him to get his footing and comfort level :) I'm sure that's why both Lleyton and Flip are doing it too

Yeah...the article said that Lleyton was desperate for matches....Said he might even play a tourney after Queens...depending on how he does etc...

Deboogle!.
05-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Lleyton is a type that plays much better with lots of matches in him, so yeah, that's not surprising at all especially since he hasn't played since March and also hasn't even really been able to practice that hard for a while.

heya
05-31-2005, 10:00 PM
LOL PLAN B!!!!! :yeah:

Karlovic, Grosjean + Ancic are my heroes.
They have an outside chance to win Wimbley, right, Steel Rib Lleyton?
:devil:

J. Corwin
06-01-2005, 03:32 AM
I like Maria, tangy. Her game is fun to watch; just minus the grunts, cheering opponents errors, and her scaaaary father.

Those crooked shades make a Mafia daddy. ;)

Deboogle!.
06-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Ok so I was talking to RonE tonight (many of you might not know him but he's an ultra-cool Roger fan :D) and he and I made a deal. Roger can win RG and Andy can have Wimby for a year. We shook on it, so yea, it's a done deal :cool:

Breakaway
06-01-2005, 03:40 AM
Ok so I was talking to RonE tonight (many of you might not know him but he's an ultra-cool Roger fan :D) and he and I made a deal. Roger can win RG and Andy can have Wimby for a year. We shook on it, so yea, it's a done deal :cool:

Sounds good. :)

But next year does Andy get RG and Roger Wimbly? :confused:

Deboogle!.
06-01-2005, 03:43 AM
Sounds good. :)

But next year does Andy get RG and Roger Wimbly? :confused:Yea, I thought it was a good deal :lol: I dunno about next year, we didn't talk about it LOL

heya
06-01-2005, 03:56 AM
Andy got no other Slam...he didn't think AOpen was a big deal either...
so maybe he forgot what his fans want :shrug: :unsure:

superpinkone37
06-01-2005, 06:10 AM

NO. :fiery: Rafa need to win RG. And Rogerer just needs to stop being so selfish with the Wimmbledon title. Like, give it up already, Rogerer. :p

And Maria.... I used to love her. Like from the very beginning of last year to Wimbledon, and I so wanted her to win. Then she started pissing me off, I guess around the USO last year and now I dont like her :).

allanah
06-01-2005, 08:49 AM
NO. :fiery: Rafa need to win RG. And Rogerer just needs to stop being so selfish with the Wimmbledon title. Like, give it up already, Rogerer. :p

And Maria.... I used to love her. Like from the very beginning of last year to Wimbledon, and I so wanted her to win. Then she started pissing me off, I guess around the USO last year and now I dont like her :).

:haha:
I'm the same. I couldn't stand Nadal before, but now I'm very into him. I hope he does beat Federer - for competitions's sake - otherwise it'll get boring.

My wish list: Rafa for the French, Andy for Wimbledon, Roger for the USO and a big fat wooden spoon for Lleyton. :devil:

MissFairy
06-01-2005, 10:25 AM
RonE :hearts: He's very cool. I like that deal, good negoatiating skills :) But as Roger winning RG would mean he would have one of each, Andy should get a second USO to, yknow, balance it ;)

Black Adam
06-01-2005, 11:29 AM
I was thinking........if Andy wins Queens he becomes a favorite ( he already is) but knowing that wimbledon don't base their seedings on rankings but on past perfomances.....Andy should be seeded 2nd and Ancic in top 10 seeding;)Also who knows if Grosjean does better than Hewitt at Queens he will be seeded 3rdfor his past results are far superior to those the Vitch has had the last 2 years! :)

Deboogle!.
06-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Rodney, they don't just put the seeds wherever they want. they use some sort of formula. Who knows what they do, actually lol - no one can ever really figure it out. Based on the past 2 years, Andy should be seeded above Lleyton, but Lleyton is a former champion. Ancic will surely be seeded above his current ranking.

Plus, the preferential seeding is really just to help Henman... they don't care about anyone else really :lol:

But I expect to see Andy seeded 3.

Breakaway
06-01-2005, 02:51 PM
I dunno. Fed will be #1 obsviously but if Nadal wins Roland Garros he will probably be ranked #2 and Wimbly does go somewhat on rankings and with Safin ahead of him (although his comments last year won't help him any) and they will probably give Lleyton the upperhand against Andy. I think a #3 seed for Andy would be lucky... I hope so though. :)

Deboogle!.
06-01-2005, 02:54 PM
no no ... Marat lost, so he can't be ranked above Andy (Andy will be over 500 points ahead of Marat, in fact). Andy can't go lower than 4, and Rafa has to win RG for that to happen. And even if it does happen, he'd be above Andy by TEN (10) Entry points. that's basically nothing.

So there is no way Andy will be seeded worse than 3, I'm quite sure of that. It will most likely be 3, but there *is* a chance that they could seed him at 2, above Lleyton.

Breakaway
06-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah I wasn't looking at the entry ranking, sorry. Yeah hopefully he can beat Lleyton at one of these tournies and show that he is the #2 player and then beat Fed at Wimbledon and show he es numero uno!

Jennay
06-01-2005, 03:14 PM
TEN (10)
:spit:

Deboogle!.
06-01-2005, 03:28 PM
*sings* Everything I do... I do it for youuuuuuuuu

tangerine_dream
06-01-2005, 03:32 PM
As I said in the other thread, if Roger wins RG then Andy's chances of winning Wimby just got a whole lot better. :banana:

So everybody better turn into a rabid Roger fan in this next week and cheer him on to win RG. :bounce: ;) :p :lol:

guida
06-01-2005, 04:10 PM
As I said in the other thread, if Roger wins RG then Andy's chances of winning Wimby just got a whole lot better. :banana:

So everybody better turn into a rabid Roger fan in this next week and cheer him on to win RG. :bounce: ;) :p :lol:

Hey, I hadn't really seen things from that angle... but I don't think I can find it in me to cheer Rog in any way... :unsure:

blosson
06-01-2005, 05:53 PM
So there is no way Andy will be seeded worse than 3, I'm quite sure of that. It will most likely be 3, but there *is* a chance that they could seed him at 2, above Lleyton.

If that happens, it will hurt confident Hewitt like hell.

Jennay
06-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Never. :o Roger is God on grass (and basically everything else) and he won't lose at Wimbledon, even if he wins Roland Garros. Which he won't, because Rafa will spank him. :p

Breakaway
06-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Never. :o Roger is God on grass (and basically everything else) and he won't lose at Wimbledon, even if he wins Roland Garros. Which he won't, because Rafa will spank him. :p

Wait Wait Andy has a bigger serve so he will spank Roger around the court! :D

blosson
06-01-2005, 08:41 PM

It's time for a new grass God. :)

acoffeygirl
06-01-2005, 09:51 PM
It's time for a new grass God. :)

Amen to that!

Faik Kheft
06-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Maybe we can make Roger get hayfever! Make him sneeze every time he serves - then he wouldn't be able to be grass god any more!

blosson
06-01-2005, 10:03 PM
I just hope it's not Andy who ends up getting the English hay fever. Plus it's Andy who depends so much on his serve, Roger can still still win without serving well.

I rather Andy to beat Roger at his best.

Faik Kheft
06-01-2005, 10:07 PM
I know what you mean, Andy beating Roger at his best would be fantastic. I'd prefer a five-set thriller with them both playing great than a straight sets win to Andy when Roger has a leg injury or something.

blosson
06-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Yep. Both players rather play each other at their best. The victory is sweeter this way.

acoffeygirl
06-01-2005, 10:11 PM
So Hewitt is in London....Andy better get over there and get his ass on the grass pronto!

Tytta!.
06-01-2005, 10:14 PM
No kidding :smash:

Breakaway
06-01-2005, 10:24 PM
I think we need to make a check-list for Andy that way we can help him pack for the grass.

1. RAZOR!!!!
2. Forget funky blue hats w/ squares
3. White Clothes
4. Raquets
5. Serve
6. Confidence

I know there are some more, what do you think? :confused:

blosson
06-01-2005, 10:34 PM

:scratch: squares?

Breakaway
06-01-2005, 10:39 PM
This one, I guess it's checkered. Yeah that's a better word. :)

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/2099image.jpg

blosson
06-01-2005, 10:52 PM
I see, the plaid cap. I dont' think he can wear those during Wimbledon.

The 'i forgot my rasor' is just a lame lazy excuse. You can buy one of those here in London too. You just have to look at the immaculated shaved Tim to know that.

guida
06-01-2005, 10:58 PM
I think we need to make a check-list for Andy that way we can help him pack for the grass.

1. RAZOR!!!!
3. White Clothes
4. Raquets
5. Serve
6. Confidence

I know there are some more, what do you think? :confused:

I'd put #6 first. ;)

andyroxmysox12191
06-01-2005, 11:04 PM
I say #6 should be #2 and his brain should be numero uno d:

superpinkone37
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
He can "forget" his razor all he wants if he remembers his brain. And remembers how to use it :o.

Deboogle!.
06-01-2005, 11:42 PM
So Hewitt is in London....Andy better get over there and get his ass on the grass pronto!Probably not til Friday :o Why would he ever do the smart, proper thing?