Djokovic Vs. Coria [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Djokovic Vs. Coria

smarty06
05-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Djokovic is leading by a set. and its 5-2 for Coria in the 2nd set. I must say I was expecting Coria to have an easier job than this. Go Djokovic!!!!!

Scotso
05-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Djokovic can't win this match. He's just way too nervous and it's causing him all sorts of problems. I feel bad for him, he's obviously very talented.

smarty06
05-26-2005, 10:57 AM
well whatever happens, it will be a big learning experience for him!! after all he has just turned 18. should he lose i dont think he will feel bad. the fact that he qualified for RG and passed the 1st round is a big achievement by itself!!

LaPetiteSerbe
05-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I agree and also the fact that he even took a set!

Anyway, he's still in there so let's not give up on him just yet. Ajde!!!

Scotso
05-26-2005, 11:02 AM
He seems to be settling down a bit, hopefully it's enough :D

loeliepoelie
05-26-2005, 11:05 AM
well he just retired.... :sad:

lucashg
He just retired. Is it because of his breathing problem? ...

savesthedizzle
If Djokovic weren't cramping and having trouble breathing, he'd be doing even better. He's going for everything and trying to end points quickly. He's doing much better than I expected. Just by getting to this round he's doubled his year's earnings.

...oh wait. He just retired.

I expect he'll improve a lot in the future. Only 18 and definitely has talent.

LaPetiteSerbe
05-26-2005, 11:06 AM
He retired?! Oh no...sad.

Scotso
05-26-2005, 11:06 AM
yes it is, obviously.

what a nice kid... clapping for Coria and all. he seems to be a nice guy.

good luck to him in the future, I'm certainly a fan :worship:

connectolove
05-26-2005, 11:07 AM
They are even now but Coria is having a hard time. He must be burned after playing so intensively for so long. There is an interview where he was saying that the final was his so he would have a chance to beat Nadal, that is all he wants but he is going to have to work extra hard against Djokovic to make it.

LaPetiteSerbe
05-26-2005, 11:08 AM
yes it is, obviously.

what a nice kid... clapping for Coria and all. he seems to be a nice guy.

good luck to him in the future, I'm certainly a fan :worship:
He's really a very nice and genuine person :) I actually like him better than Janko, although hopefully Janko has growed up a bit since those comments he used to make.. :rolleyes:

Scotso
05-26-2005, 11:08 AM
yeah I heard he wants to play Nadal in the final... if he played like this in the final, Nadal would beat him something like 6-3 6-2 6-1.

~EMiLiTA~
05-26-2005, 11:11 AM
so what was the reason for djokovic retiring? poor guy...he's nice...good sport. hope he's ok and can do well next year...he's pretty talented!

LaPetiteSerbe
05-26-2005, 11:13 AM
so what was the reason for djokovic retiring? poor guy...he's nice...good sport. hope he's ok and can do well next year...he's pretty talented!
Uhh, I think he had a breathing problem or so...not sure :confused:

Dragan
05-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Novak is a true sportsman and that is easy to see, he is very gracious and will always clap a good shot!
i am looking very forward to going to Wimbledon to watch him!!!!

Anyway with his run he is back to 130 in the world
and next week he plays the challenger in Furth, if he wins that one
then he will be ranked near to 100!!!!!!

Julio1974
05-26-2005, 11:21 AM
yeah I heard he wants to play Nadal in the final... if he played like this in the final, Nadal would beat him something like 6-3 6-2 6-1.

Playing like this, he will never have the opportunity to play against Nadal.

Neely
05-26-2005, 11:22 AM
wow, Coria should feel lucky that this match is over
that could have given him many more troubles :eek:

joeb_uk
05-26-2005, 11:36 AM
wow, Coria should feel lucky that this match is over
that could have given him many more troubles :eek:
He had a cakewalk to the final last year, would have been quite different if djokovic wasnt suffering so badly.

smarty06
05-26-2005, 11:46 AM
yup very much so. its a shame he had to retire

iliketennis
05-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Didn't Djoko play Marat in round 1 of this year's Australian Open

buddyholly
05-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Coria was practising serves while Djokovic was getting medical attention. Then sitting in a linesman's chair while Djokovic was changing his shirt. Even against young newcomers he seems to lack class.

Julio1974
05-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Coria was practising serves while Djokovic was getting medical attention. Then sitting in a linesman's chair while Djokovic was changing his shirt. Even against young newcomers he seems to lack class.

And here we go again.... Let's begin the fav sport of Coria bashing...

smarty06
05-26-2005, 11:59 AM
yes djokovic did play against Safin in the 1st round of the Australian Open this year... i think he barealy won 5-6 games though. i remember watching the end of the match, it seemed he enjoyed himslef even tho he lost. its a shame he always gets the top seeded players but once his ranking imporves that will change.

coria was such an ass for doing what he did i reckon it was just disrespectful to his opponent

justine federer
05-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Too bad...
Djokovic is good....
:(

Experimentee
05-26-2005, 04:25 PM
I wasnt aware that he had a breathing problem? Was it just for this match or does he get this a lot? And he really shouldnt be cramping only in the 3rd set :(

Still it was a great tournament, and good luck to him in the future. He'll be seeded for these events in a couple of years.

Chloe le Bopper
05-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Nerves can cause cramping. Just ask Coria.

Chloe le Bopper
05-26-2005, 04:34 PM
He's really a very nice and genuine person :) I actually like him better than Janko, although hopefully Janko has growed up a bit since those comments he used to make.. :rolleyes:

Such as?

MariaV
05-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Oh poor kid. :hug: I saw his match at AO this year vs Marat and was impressed. He is really talented. :D I am also a fan!
Sad he had to retire today. :sad:

Experimentee
05-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Oh poor kid. :hug: I saw his match at AO this year vs Marat and was impressed. He is really talented. :D I am also a fan!
Sad he had to retire today. :sad:

He was probably playing his worst against Marat that day, so if you are impressed with that, then you'll be pleased when he shows what he can really do ;)
Hopefully he'll do well at Wimbledon although I think his game is more suited to clay.

nermo
05-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Well, if anyone wants to reach high...he ll have to take it one step after the other..looking so high without watching under your feet ll only make you fall in a miserable way..

Coria wasnot playing at a good level today..low concentration, more errors..
he just needs to stop thinking about reaching final as a (it goes without saying)matter and stop thinking about Nadal or anyone ..he should worry more about this level...WAKE UP!!!!