3rd round: G. Gaudio v F. Mantilla. What kind of court assignment will these two get? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

3rd round: G. Gaudio v F. Mantilla. What kind of court assignment will these two get?

Sjengster
05-25-2005, 08:33 PM
It should be a great match-up of claycourt stylists that could turn into a long encounter if Mantilla fights as hard as he did today. Gaudio won the last one in Barcelona quite comfortably, though. Will this one be placed on Chatrier for the French crowd to admire?

alfonsojose
05-25-2005, 08:46 PM
GWH will be creaming on his pants with this one :lol:

Sjengster
05-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Far from it, actually - it'll be hard for him to root for either man, I think.

YoursTruly
05-25-2005, 10:04 PM
This will be a nice match with two great games.

Lee
05-25-2005, 10:05 PM
My guess is Lenglen. Gaudio was scheduled on Court 2 today with Nadal and Federer taking over Chatrier and Lenglen. ESPN will be screaming murder if Nadal and Federer are placed on different courts and play at the same time again. So, my guess is Nadal and Federer will be on Chatrier with Gaudio on Lenglen.

YoursTruly
05-25-2005, 10:38 PM
the parking lot

jk they deserve one of the top courts

Raquel
05-25-2005, 10:54 PM
If Gaudio was 5th seed but not defending champion they would put this on Court 2 or something but as he is defending champion it will be on the bullring at least.

Vamos Felix! :cat:

DanEd
05-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Court 17 at night. no crowd, no tv and no lights.

Neely
05-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Lenglen or Court 1

WyveN
05-26-2005, 12:50 AM
Out back in the parking lot.

mitalidas
05-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Out back in the parking lot.
:lol:

but its true. it is embarrassing to watch them treat the def champion so shabbily

robinhood
05-26-2005, 02:42 AM
My guess is Lenglen. Gaudio was scheduled on Court 2 today with Nadal and Federer taking over Chatrier and Lenglen. ESPN will be screaming murder if Nadal and Federer are placed on different courts and play at the same time again. So, my guess is Nadal and Federer will be on Chatrier with Gaudio on Lenglen.

I agree.
But then again he was scheduled for Court 2 for Round 2, so who knows?
It wouldn't totally surprise me if he gets Court 2 again.

Dirk
05-26-2005, 02:51 AM
It's ok because Gaudio will beat Nadal on Chariter. As long as he plays and wins his big matches on the main court then it's ok. I don't think they would be sticking Nadal out of court 2 for any of his matches if he was the defending champ.

El Legenda
05-26-2005, 03:13 AM
highschool court..50miles away from RG

Gonzo Hates Me!
05-26-2005, 03:21 AM
very proud of felix! he will pull the upset!!

ys
05-26-2005, 03:45 AM
Considering that Friday will have several absolutely delicious matchups, this one alone with Moya-Vicente will be one of the least interesting.. They might put Gaudio on Lenglen given he is a defending chimp, but I would take Nalbandian-Ancic over this one any day..

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 03:58 AM
very proud of felix! he will pull the upset!!

Felix fan for a day, at least you are consistent.

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 03:59 AM
The parking area is the most likely venue.

Gonzo Hates Me!
05-26-2005, 04:37 AM
just 'cause he's not one of the five names in my signature and i have better things to do than make 18,000 posts in his forum all day like you doesn't make me not his fan. Get a life, and no, bothering people online because they don't post everyday in an online forum doesn't count as one you tool

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 04:40 AM
just 'cause he's not one of the five names in my signature and i have better things to do than make 18,000 posts in his forum all day like you doesn't make me not his fan. Get a life, and no, bothering people online because they don't post everyday in an online forum doesn't count as one you tool

Well my last post should have been one that I used a smiley for, and thanks for the love it was appreciated.

Lee
05-26-2005, 05:20 AM
I agree.
But then again he was scheduled for Court 2 for Round 2, so who knows?
It wouldn't totally surprise me if he gets Court 2 again.

Gaudio's first match was on Chatrier, though.

tennischick
05-26-2005, 05:30 AM
The parking area is the most likely venue.
:lol: they can't diss either Felix OR the defending champ like that, can they? :shrug:

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 05:38 AM

Thanks for your concern alfie, but Sjengster is right in this case. I will just have to watch it, either way it's a win and either way it's a loss. I just want it to be competitive.

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 05:41 AM
:lol: they can't diss either Felix OR the defending champ like that, can they? :shrug:

They will diss Felix that is without a shadow of doubt, as for Gaudio the only reason he was on Chatrier for R1 was that he was playing a Frenchman.

As much as an arse clown that ys is, he does make some good points. Nadal/Gasquet, Federer/Gonzalez will be on Chatrier, Nalle/Ancic should be on a bigger court, but the parking lot or a high school court is the more likely scenario.

robinhood
05-26-2005, 06:36 AM
Gaudio's first match was on Chatrier, though.

The defending champions usually play first rounders in the center court anywhere anyway. Then look where they dumped him in for the second round. That's not right. DFs should garner some respect. Not that this court assignment thing should be that big of an issue anyway.

ys
05-26-2005, 12:29 PM

Sure they can. :lol:

Anyway, they have two matches of Frenchmen which will probably go to Chatrier. They have Federer's match that will probably go to Lenglen. There I am not sure though.. I am sure they would really want to put Grosjean on Chatrier rather than Federer, but whether they have the guts to go with what they want is something I can't know.. But that would be a reasonable thing to do to avoid French crowd movng back and forth.. And now there Nalbandyan, Gaudio and Moya matches. Which of them will get the sport on Lenglen, I am not sure.. Another possibility though would be to put one of the three as an opening match on Chatrier together with Federer match, and have both french matches on Lenglen..

joeb_uk
05-26-2005, 12:31 PM
I will be fonsie :devil:

TheBoiledEgg
05-26-2005, 01:25 PM
I'll go with Court 2

mitalidas
05-26-2005, 03:10 PM
they got the third match on Court 1 !!!!

Tomorrow's Chartrier ticket is a superb one

tennischick
05-26-2005, 03:35 PM
they got the third match on Court 1 !!!!

Tomorrow's Chartrier ticket is a superb one
i told y'all Felix commands respect! :p

mitalidas
05-26-2005, 03:39 PM
i told y'all Felix commands respect! :p

;) right.... can't remember another defending champion treated like this since Tojo at the AO the year following his victory

Sjengster
05-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Tojo got treated so shabbily that year by the tournament that he didn't even bother to show up for his matches.

mitalidas
05-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Tojo got treated so shabbily that year by the tournament that he didn't even bother to show up for his matches.
oh well, for any year after that he has shown up
no former-champion-respect