Nadal Defeated Malisse .. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal Defeated Malisse ..

nermo
05-25-2005, 05:36 PM
I know lots know that and lots have seen it too..

ofcourse i am happy for Nadal s win ( as a fan)..he played well..
but, does anyone agree with me that Nadal was a little bit nervous this match..?? some nervous errors..?? i see RG stress is coming in the way guys... :confused: :scared:

MissKoubek1981
05-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. Hope he can deal with the stress during the next rounds. Sad that Xavier lost :sad: but Nadal is too good at the moment. :)

nermo
05-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Hope he can deal with the stress during the next rounds. posted by Miss Koubek

yes..i guess it ll grow with next rounds..

Devotee
05-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I'm really worried that the stress will get in the way of his winning the title. All eyes are on him; all talk is about him. What mobs of kids were surrounding him, trying to get autographs!
Hopefully he is not watching any television or reading any newspapers.
If he is, then the hype will surely get to him.

lucashg
05-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Nadal has said after his first round win that he felt pressure going onto that match. I believe he will feel throughout the tournament, but as he advances it's probably gonna disappear if he's really focused. If not, then it might be too much for him, even though his play is excellent on the surface.

There's also the matter of courts. Clay and conditions are different in every court, and this was his first time in Philipe Chatrier. I guess he had some nerves in this match too, it's the stadium that he could see his glory one week and a half from now, but on Friday is bound to be different, though he's gonna taste the flavor of the French crowd :scared:

nermo
05-25-2005, 09:10 PM
but its going to be different on friday,he's gonna taste the flavor of the French crowd posted by lucashg

yes :scared: its defintely not going to be easy..dont know but i felt some of them today in his match with Malisse...i hope that kid ll be calm towards it on friday..i know Gasquet is the dream boy in France these days..

Billabong
05-25-2005, 09:18 PM
Nadal was broken 2 or 3 times, so it shows he's at least vulnerable;)!

Lee
05-25-2005, 09:22 PM
Nadal was broken 2 or 3 times, so it shows he's at least vulnerable;)!

I still have to find a player that's invincible ;)

Malisse is a very talented too.

connectolove
05-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Malisse is very talented but he was very frustrated bc he was fighting against "THE FORCE". he, he. Nadal will feel better bc he deals with nervousness by fighting & playing hard.

Lee
05-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Malisse is very talented but he was very frustrated bc he was fighting against "THE FORCE". he, he. Nadal will feel better bc he deals with nervousness by fighting & playing hard.

Malisse's problem is not of who's his opponent. His biggest enemy is himself.

Nastase
05-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Of course he's not invincible, he's gonna loose someday but I hope that day gets after the final. The match against Gasquet will be a hard test.

Bilbo
05-25-2005, 11:48 PM
he will beat gasquet, no doubt but when he plays gaudio or federer he will feel the pressure and crumbles.

name_change
05-26-2005, 09:48 AM
well, malisse is a really talented guy. he's one of the worst underacheivers in the atp.

but yay nadal!lets get to the final and lose to coria there!or win. either way i'm glad!

Adman
05-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too. Hope he can deal with the stress during the next rounds. Sad that Xavier lost :sad: but Nadal is too good at the moment. :)

To true that Nadal is to good at the moment and also that Malisse tries to foght back in the the thrid but didn't have what it takes to rock Nadal.

Experimentee
05-26-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm not surprised to hear Nadal is feeling the stress. One of the reasons I doubt he will win this year is because he is very inexperienced and hasnt proven he can deal with pressure in the latter stages of a Slam. Thats why he keeps trying to convince everyone that he isnt the favourite.