Nadal v/s Gasquet - who will win? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal v/s Gasquet - who will win?

rofe
05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Two hot 18 year olds will go all out to win. Who will prevail?

savesthedizzle
05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Nadal.

User ID 4783
05-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Nadal

no name face
05-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Gasquet in four!

jayrhum
05-25-2005, 05:18 PM
If you want to know what Gasquet will tell to Nadal at the end of the match, check the sig.
(Let's just hope Richie won't be kidnapped by someone who wants him to sit on her face before that...)

mitalidas
05-25-2005, 05:20 PM
have to give the edge to nadal, if nothing else because of the homepressure on Richard

I saw the matches today and Richard seems to be a slow starter, slow getting into the match. if they each play how they did today, then i assume nadal will win in straights

rofe
05-25-2005, 05:21 PM
(Let's just hope Richie won't be kidnapped by someone who wants him to sit on her face before that...)

:lol: :lol:

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Gasquet will show Djokovic how to finish a triple bagel against Nadal

mitalidas
05-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Gasquet will show Djokovic how to finish a triple bagel against Nadal

seeing your avator, did you mean the opposite ?

Rogiman
05-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Nadal, unfortunately.

Fumus
05-25-2005, 05:27 PM
yea, I think he mistyed it. Nadal in 4 but could be 3, I will say 4 just to be conservative. Gasquet is good maybe one of the best on clay at the moment but, Nadal is ready to be a world champion...

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 05:27 PM

No, sir. Nothing much Salieri can do against Mozart.

Jorge
05-25-2005, 05:28 PM
me thinks Nadal in 4

Bonaventure

:lol: he was being sarcastic

Nadal will win, probably in 4 sets. He's looked a lot better than Gasquet in their 2 matches, and has the mental edge. The longer the match goes on the more it suits Nadal, Gasquet needs to be ripping winners all over the place if he's going to beat him, and I just can't see him playing to the level he needs to over a 5 set match.

mitalidas
No, sir. Nothing much Salieri can do against Mozart.

precisely..... so therefore you mean Nadal will show Djukovic how to give a triple bagel
not Gasquet will show how to give a triple bagel

I think Nadal in 3, but not 3 bagels

mitalidas
05-25-2005, 05:30 PM
:lol: he was being sarcastic

no, i think he was lost in his English

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 05:30 PM
precisely..... so therefore you mean Nadal will show Djukovic how to give a triple bagel
not Gasquet will show how to give a triple bagel

I think Nadal in 3, but not 3 bagels

I insist, Gasquet is Mozart.

mitalidas
05-25-2005, 05:31 PM
I insist, Gasquet is Mozart.

only if Nadal is the incredible hulk

Fumus
05-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Gasquet is more like Bach and Nadal is more like Enrique ;)

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 05:33 PM
no, i think he was lost in his English

Nah, but if I had to explain all sarcasms it would be less funny. It´s more amusing if people take their own conclussions from them :)

MissKoubek1981
05-25-2005, 05:36 PM
I like Nadal, but I like Gasquet a little more so I went for Richard in five. I believe in him. :)

mitalidas
05-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Nah, but if I had to explain all sarcasms it would be less funny. It´s more amusing if people take their own conclussions from them :)

well, sarcasm could be valid if this was nadal versus random qualifier
but nadal versus Gasquet is a toss up and posters have wide ranging opinions on who'll win and how (see the results of the poll)

so your sarcasm was quite misplaced .... hey, I thought you had so little confidence in your guy that in your post you really did believe Gasquet would win :)

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 05:42 PM
well, sarcasm could be valid if this was nadal versus random qualifier
but nadal versus Gasquet is a toss up and posters have wide ranging opinions on who'll win and how (see the results of the poll)

so your sarcasm was quite misplaced .... hey, I thought you had so little confidence in your guy that in your post you really did believe Gasquet would win :)

It´s not my fault you can´t get it, keep trying

silverwhite
05-25-2005, 05:43 PM

Your sacrasm is wearing thin after being used repeatedly on the same subject. :p

mangoes
05-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Statistically, I'll say Nadal.

If Gasquet decides to play his very best tennis, I'll say it's a toss up. Gasquet had a very good opportunity to beat Nadal in Monte Carlo, but we saw exhaustion defeat Gasquet. If he has the energy and plays great tennis, we're in for a great match.

mitalidas
05-25-2005, 05:49 PM
It´s not my fault you can´t get it, keep trying

I will. Promise.

But only after you learn how to construct a sentence with sarcasm or with irony

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Your sacrasm is wearing thin after being used repeatedly on the same subject. :p

I´ve come with more energies after being there, you´ll read many more times references from me to that comparison ;)

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 05:55 PM
I will. Promise.

But only after you learn how to construct a sentence with sarcasm or with irony

First step to get a sarcasm is having a bit of knowledge about the context. You clearly don´t have a clue, so keep trying... harder.

silverwhite
05-25-2005, 05:56 PM
I´ve come with more energies after being there, you´ll read many more times references from me to that comparison ;)

I don't quite understand. :confused:

My point is that if your aim was to be funny, it has been achieved, but it's starting to become a little annoying now. :)

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 05:58 PM
I don't quite understand. :confused:

My point is that if your aim was to be funny, it has been achieved, but it's starting to become a little annoying now. :)

Take it easy, it´s all about fun ;)

silverwhite
05-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Take it easy, it´s all about fun ;)

I'm not too bothered by it. It's just that it gets a little repetitive. :shrug: I wouldn't mind if you find fresh ways to poke fun at him though. ;)

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm not too bothered by it. It's just that it gets a little repetitive. :shrug: I wouldn't mind if you find fresh ways to poke fun at him though. ;)

Have you ever read from me before today about Gasquet being Mozart and Nadal being Salieri?

silverwhite
05-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Have you ever read from me before today about Gasquet being Mozart and Nadal being Salieri?

Different references, but the same type of humour (i.e. irony) used. :p

Rogiman
05-25-2005, 06:07 PM
"a sarcasm"? english as a fourth language, senor? :lol:

you gotta get off MTF and hit those english books man, or join El MTF on spanishmundo

What the hell do you want from him?

His english is excellent and everyone understands him, forgive us non-english speakers for missing the nuances of the language, genius :rolleyes:

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 06:09 PM
you gotta get off MTF and hit those english books man, or join El MTF on spanishmundo

Thanks for the tip. I will take it in the same way as your other brilliant guesses, as what I was trying to say, I was lost in my English or Nadal-Gasquet being a toss up. ;)

mitalidas
What the hell do you want from him?

His english is excellent and everyone understands him, forgive us non-english speakers for missing the nuances of the language, genius :rolleyes:

oh, excuse me.
I think I saw a post suggesting I didn't understand sarcasm-- no comeback "to what the hell do you want from him" for that?
I believe I can retort as I choose.

And yes, you are forgiven :rolleyes:

mitalidas
Thanks for the tip. I will take it in the same way as your other brilliant guesses, as what I was trying to say, I was lost in my English or Nadal-Gasquet being a toss up. ;)

You're welcome ;)

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Different references, but the same type of humour (i.e. irony) used. :p

Maybe same type of humor, but different context after having been there and having seen it with my own eyes.

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 06:11 PM
You're welcome ;)

Qué atrevida es la ignorancia :)

mitalidas
05-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Qué atrevida es la ignorancia :)

Precisely :)

lsy
05-25-2005, 06:12 PM
How dare you even put a poll between Nadal and Gasquet in MTF! :eek: Should know by now Gasquet is nothing compare to Nadal at this stage of their career!

that's my attempt of a sacarstic post here ;)

Rogiman
05-25-2005, 06:14 PM
How dare you even put a poll between Nadal and Gasquet in MTF! :eek: Should know by now Gasquet is nothing compare to Nadal at this stage of their career!

that's my attempt of a sacarstic post here ;)

This isn't valid until mitalidas got it checked for spelling and grammar.

connectolove
05-25-2005, 06:15 PM
posted by Fumus ¨Nadal in 4 but could be 3¨

I am with this one...

KCVH
05-25-2005, 06:15 PM
R. Nadal in straight sets. Something like 6-3 7-5 7-6

Bonaventure
05-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Do me a favour. Nadal vs Gasquet a toss-up?

Nadal is a Davis Cup winner, 2 x Masters Series winner, 6 x ATP titles. Gasquet has won nothing. Nadal is on a 19 match winning streak and has won both meetings with Gasquet on clay. Don't get me wrong, Gasquet is very talented and has the potential to win but Nadal is firm favourite.

mitalidas
05-25-2005, 06:16 PM
This isn't valid until mitalidas got it checked for spelling and grammer.

and until rogiman gets it verified for brilliance and acceptability

lsy
05-25-2005, 06:18 PM
This isn't valid until mitalidas got it checked for spelling and grammar.

it's ok, my target reader here isn't really mitalidas ;)

I forgot to post my vote though, I prefer Gasquet but I think Nadal will come through.

mitalidas
05-25-2005, 06:19 PM
it's ok, my target reader here isn't really mitalidas ;)

I forgot to post my vote though, I prefer Gasquet but I think Nadal will come through.

Thanks Isy -- I am with you. On both counts!

I think Gasquet will suffer from stagefright, and homepressure. I hope its a worthwhile fight not some washout, though

silverwhite
05-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Maybe same type of humor, but different context after having been there and having seen it with my own eyes.

Care to share? ;)

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 06:22 PM

Nadal is a Davis Cup winner, 2 x Masters Series winner, 6 x ATP titles. Gasquet has won nothing. Nadal is on a 19 match winning streak and has won both meetings with Gasquet on clay. Don't get me wrong, Gasquet is very talented and has the potential to win but Nadal is firm favourite.

Talking a bit more seriously, you´re completely right. Of course Gasquet can win Nadal on Friday, but that match is way far from being a 50/50 (I don´t take Mitalidas too seriously, maybe he was lost with his English). Nadal is a clear favourite there.

connectolove
05-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by mitalidas

This is typical American B.S. Those people are sooo narcissistic and self centered!!! they forget that they only speak one language an most of them not even well!!!

So many classless arrogant rednecks...in USALANDIA.

silverwhite
05-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Talking a bit more seriously, you´re completely right. Of course Gasquet can win Nadal on Friday, but that match is way far from being a 50/50 (I don´t take Mitalidas too seriously, maybe he was lost with his English). Nadal is a clear favourite there.

Definitely. Even Richard agrees. :p

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 06:25 PM
Care to share? ;)

I will gladly PM you, Mitalidas has to try harder yet.. ;)

jayrhum
05-25-2005, 06:26 PM
At least, Gasquet has the weapons to beat Nadalous on clay... And there are not so many players in this category...
Home pressure? First, he's underdog... and I tend to believe pressure will be nothing compared to the support he will receive from the crowd...

silverwhite
05-25-2005, 06:29 PM
I will gladly PM you, Mitalidas has to try harder yet.. ;)

Thanks! :hug:

lucashg
05-25-2005, 06:30 PM
I voted for Gasquet just to help him in the poll. Can Gasquet win? Definitely. Will he? Probably not, because Nadal is the big favorite, is more consistent and won't have the homepressure - unless the French crowd decides to help him unlike they did with Monfils. :o

I voted Gasquet in 5, but realistically? Nadal in 3 or 4, but close sets (6-4 is a close set against Nadal on clay, btw). I'd be clearly rooting for Gasquet, though.

silverwhite
At least, Gasquet has the weapons to beat Nadalous on clay... And there are not so many players in this category...
Home pressure? First, he's underdog... and I tend to believe pressure will be nothing compared to the support he will receive from the crowd...

It depends on whether he takes it in as pressure or support. Unfortunately, it's more likely to be pressure for him. :p

RichardParker
This is typical American B.S. Those people are sooo narcissistic and self centered!!! they forget that they only speak one language an most of them not even well!!!

So many classless arrogant rednecks...in USALANDIA.
Rubbish! I am not spanish neither american. But both Deivid and mitalidas
have been arrogant in this thread with absurd arguments. And your comment is as rude as theirs.

jayrhum
05-25-2005, 06:31 PM

Nadal is a Davis Cup winner, 2 x Masters Series winner, 6 x ATP titles. Gasquet has won nothing. Nadal is on a 19 match winning streak and has won both meetings with Gasquet on clay. Don't get me wrong, Gasquet is very talented and has the potential to win but Nadal is firm favourite.Forget the titles, forget everything... Friday it's Davis Cup fiesta and Richard is at home!
50/50 :)

Bonaventure
05-25-2005, 06:34 PM

Your English is perfect mate, a lot better than my Spanish :)

I'd say the match is 70/30 in favour of Nadal, and I'm sure the bookies odds will reflect it. No way is the match 50/50, anyone that thinks this is seriously deluded. Federer is the only player who is close to being 50/50 with Nadal on clay at the moment

Deivid23
have been arrogant in this thread with absurd arguments. And your comment is as rude as theirs.

Thanks for coming :wavey:

mitalidas

i will willingly agree to both your points RichardParker
i dont think suggesting someone doesn't get it and is stupid is any different from the retort that they dont understand the language. hence, the retort.
i agree both comments were absurd, but of course... both were accompanied by the smilies so everything is said in jest
the comment about rednecks however was not in jest and simply didn't deserve a response --yours is balanced and sensible.

Bonaventure
05-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Forget the titles, forget everything... Friday it's Davis Cup fiesta and Richard is at home!
50/50 :)

Rafa will love the atmosphere :p, it'll be more of a hindrance to Gasquet than it will to Nadal.

Björki
05-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Rafa :bounce:

jayrhum
05-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Wait I check my dic. So, deluded...

Bonaventure
05-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Wait I check my dic. So, deluded...

:confused:

jayrhum
05-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Oh sure I'm deluded :lol:

tinuviel_estel
05-25-2005, 06:41 PM
rafa ;)

C3PO
05-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Probably Rafa will win this one but let's see what will happen...

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 06:53 PM
i will willingly agree to both your points RichardParker
i dont think suggesting someone doesn't get it and is stupid is any different from the retort that they dont understand the language. hence, the retort.
i agree both comments were absurd, but of course... both were accompanied by the smilies so everything is said in jest
the comment about rednecks however was not in jest and simply didn't deserve a response --yours is balanced and sensible.

Well, I will finish this issue from my side, too much time with the same:

I agree with you about the fact all things here should be taken with sense of humour and not even being close to get irritated. Good point.

You don´t have to know what/why I´m talking about cause you don´t know the context where I´m placing my comment. But if you try to correct my poor English, my unability to make a sarcastic sentence or scratching my comment´s validity bc that Nadal/Gasquet is a toss up, sorry but I can´t do other thing but laughing at those comments from yours.

And about RichardParker, sorry for having disturbed you with my arrogant and absurd comments. ;)

Sandra
05-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Richie in 5 :bounce:

*julie*
05-25-2005, 07:15 PM
I would be happy to see a revenge from Monte Carlo but I voted for Nadal cos he's clearly the favorite and not only for this match but for the title!
But I hope it will be a good fight for Gasquet.

lucashg
05-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Rafa will love the atmosphere :p, it'll be more of a hindrance to Gasquet than it will to Nadal.

He certainly didn't like it in Argentina against Gaudio (6-0 0-6 1-6), and the French crowd can be just as bad for him, unless - as I said - they start to pick on their player, how unpredictable they can be sometimes :rolleyes: .

mp3junkie
05-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Nadal certainly in 4 but possibly in 3. Go Nadal :worship:

uNIVERSE mAN
05-25-2005, 07:21 PM
I think Nadal win, no?

suomi
05-25-2005, 07:22 PM
I think Nadal plays very well this time... but he will have to be suspicious for this match. Richard is an excellent player too, and can win this match. He had play very good the two first rounds in RG and can continue... but of course it willn't be the same level against Nadal...I hope Richard will win...:yeah:

Allez Richard!! :bigclap: Bonne chance!!! :bounce:

connectolove
05-25-2005, 07:27 PM
posted by Richard" Rubbish! I am not spanish neither american. But both Deivid and mitalidas
have been arrogant in this thread with absurd arguments. And your comment is as rude as theirs"

My comments are based in 10 years living in the US... it is very unfortunate but it is like that. (my opinion).

I think Gasquet does not have any weapons to beat Nadal at all, if something, he has the advantage of being at home and that helps most of the time.

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 07:29 PM
He certainly didn't like it in Argentina against Gaudio (6-0 0-6 1-6), and the French crowd can be just as bad for him, unless - as I said - they start to pick on their player, how unpredictable they can be sometimes :rolleyes: .

Nadal also won a decisive tie in Slovakia against Stepanek at indoors to be fair.

connectolove
05-25-2005, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE]posted by suomi "I think Nadal plays very well this time... but he will have to be suspicious for this match. Richard is an excellent player too, and can win this match. He had play very good the two first rounds in RG and can continue... but of course it willn't be the same level against Nadal...I hope Richard will win..."

After seeing Nadal playing two days ago and today, my opinion is that he is being very careful, wants to do well and is holding his horses. He knows and understands that ALL players are a danger and he will try his best, but wait for him to wake up...

musefanatic
05-25-2005, 07:41 PM
I would not like to say who will win this match as they are both quality players. Nadal is just brilliant though. He was excellent against Malisse. I hope Eurosport show it or I will be one very mad lady!! :(

jayrhum
05-25-2005, 07:43 PM
I think Gasquet does not have any weapons to beat Nadal at all, if something, he has the advantage of being at home and that helps most of the time.
What???
Have you seen SF in Monte Carlo?

Bonaventure
05-25-2005, 07:47 PM

His Davis Cup record is fantastic, and he's played in some hostile environments. I have no doubts about his ability to handle the crowd.

Bonaventure
05-25-2005, 07:49 PM
What???

Gasquet has the ability to trouble Rafa. But as MC showed, Rafa is the bigger fighter, and is much stronger physically. If Gasquet wants to win he's going to have to be firing winners continously, and he won't be able to do it over a 5 set match.

connectolove
05-25-2005, 07:53 PM
posted by jayrhum "What???

Well, usually Spanish players do better at home, and so do all soccer teams...I would think that this is an advantage...

What happenend in Monte Carlo with SF? He probably played against a better player and people don't forgive their players being upset at home. Also, Nadal is a fighter, if he encounters rejection that could help him getting the edge.

jayrhum
05-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Definitely Rafa is a bigger fighter. No doubt about that.
At Monte Carlo, you have also to remember Richard went through qualies and Federer and was quite tired before playing against Nadal.
Nadal is for sure a fav as he has what matters the most at this level: the mental strength...
But saying Gasquet has no weapons to beat Nadal is not fair IMO.

Chloe le Bopper
05-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Nadal will probably win, but only because Gasquet will be defeated by exhaustion and pressure.

Hi, Deivid ;)

jayrhum
05-25-2005, 08:02 PM
What happenend in Monte Carlo with SF? He probably played against a better player and people don't forgive their players being upset at home.I don't understand what you're saying.

Deivid23
05-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Nadal will probably win, but only because Gasquet will be defeated by exhaustion and pressure.

Hi, Deivid ;)

:wavey:

Marine
05-25-2005, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=Deivid23]QUOTE]

I agree...exhaustion and pressure.
I don't see him winning, but I'd love to be wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tennisgirl19
05-25-2005, 08:36 PM
I want Richard to win, but like everyone else I see Rafael winning. I hope its a good match though and hopefully Richard will put up a good fight.

Allez Richard!

makro120
05-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Richard Gasquet will win in 4 sets, I think he had the match against Federer too much in his mind last time. He has the right game to beat Nadal (aggresive backhand is very important), also the crowd will be totaly crazy and the court is pretty fast compared to montecarlo. I like them both, but Gasquet is definetly my favorite.

gogo_guga
05-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Q. Are you going to practice with a left‑hander tomorrow?

RICHARD GASQUET: (In French.) No. I'm playing doubles with Gael tomorrow, but I know how to play Nadal. I've played against him. I know what to do and I know how to beat him. I will not try to train with a lefty tomorrow. I don't need that to play against Nadal.

Gasquet will lose because he is a cocky bitch!!!!

makro120
05-25-2005, 09:49 PM
GAsquet will win because he is a cocky bitch!

jayrhum
05-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Are you serious? :lol:

Saying "I know how to beat him" doesn't mean "I'm gonna beat him" and I don't see any cockiness in his words...
Gasquet used to own Nadal when they were juniors...They know each other perfectly. He showed in Monte Carlo that he definitely had weapons to beat Nadal...
These are facts. Anybody saying the opposite is not objective.

But if you judge a tennis player on words and not on his game, that's perfectly your right.

joske
05-25-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm cheering for Richard... who's gonna win? I really couldn't say :confused:

makro120
05-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Gasquet will stun the world, remember this!

YoursTruly
05-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Rafael in four sets with two sets going 7-5 or tiebreak

connectolove
05-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, we will see it on Friday. In the meantime I WANT JC F to win!

*julie*
05-25-2005, 09:57 PM

RICHARD GASQUET: (In French.) No. I'm playing doubles with Gael tomorrow, but I know how to play Nadal. I've played against him. I know what to do and I know how to beat him. I will not try to train with a lefty tomorrow. I don't need that to play against Nadal.

Cocky ??? :rolleyes:

Q. What do you think about the Nadal thing, if you're going to play against him in the next round?

RICHARD GASQUET: (In French.) I will need to play fantastically if I want to win against Nadal because he's a great player. I will need to be extremely focused, to be in very good physical shape. It will have to be the perfect match on my side because otherwise I will not win.

jayrhum
05-25-2005, 09:57 PM
We'll see good tennis and in the end that's the only thing that matters.

willie
05-25-2005, 10:11 PM
i give to GASQUET in five.

sigmagirl91
05-25-2005, 10:14 PM

I see no cockiness in his words at all. "I know how to play Nadal" doesn't translate to "I will beat Nadal". Now, there's a difference.

Nastase
05-25-2005, 10:21 PM
NADAL

jayrhum
05-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Saying "I know how to beat him" doesn't mean "I'm gonna beat him" and I don't see any cockiness in his words...

I see no cockiness in his words at all. "I know how to play Nadal" doesn't translate to "I will beat Nadal". Now, there's a difference.
Mum? Is that you? :lol:

Billy Moonshine
05-25-2005, 10:22 PM
I want Gasq to win in 5. But I think Nadal will win in 4. Good luck Richard!

connectolove
05-25-2005, 10:26 PM
When I was watching Nadal today I realized we have a winner for many years to come... he is so incredibly strong.

User id 7816
05-25-2005, 10:36 PM
well....maybe Gasquet will be in for a revenge or somethin? :shrug: and it's not like he's playing his idol so if he's not so bugged by the home pressure and makes use of the home support instead, he's got a very good shot to me... *remembers Monte Carlo*

bad gambler
05-25-2005, 11:09 PM
its a shame they have to meet so early in the tournament

Bonaventure
05-25-2005, 11:16 PM
its a shame they have to meet so early in the tournament

Agreed. At least Richie doesn't have too far to travel seeing as he's packing his bags quite early :)

WyveN
05-25-2005, 11:46 PM
When I was watching Nadal today I realized we have a winner for many years to come... he is so incredibly strong.

His superman.

TennisLurker
05-26-2005, 01:13 AM
Rafa will win because of his big biceps, but Richi is more talented!

Art&Soul
05-26-2005, 02:31 AM
Richie in 4 hopefully

ys
05-26-2005, 02:47 AM
I hope it is Gasquet. He is a shotmaker..

Auscon
05-26-2005, 03:49 AM
if Gasquet hadnt been playing so well so far in the tournament, I wouldve said Rafa in 3, but I think I'll have to go with Rafa in 4 :)

Five
05-26-2005, 04:20 AM
Nadal in straight sets :)
something like 6-4 6-4 6-3

tennischick
05-26-2005, 04:46 AM
my head sez Nadal. but my heart voted French ;)

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 04:50 AM
It'll be interesting to see how Gasquet handles the pressure and expectations of the crowd in this match.

Nadal will win.

Yasmine
05-26-2005, 07:12 AM
as much as I would love to see Richard winning that one, I think Nadal in 4 sets... ;)

bouncer
05-26-2005, 07:14 AM
nadal in three/four. depending. lol

Chloe le Bopper
05-26-2005, 07:47 AM

Since when as being a cocky bitch lost someboey a match? :shrug:

Chloe le Bopper
05-26-2005, 07:48 AM
I hope it is Gasquet. He is a shotmaker..
So is Escude.

Puschkin
05-26-2005, 08:12 AM
If Richard will be able to use the crowd to his advantage, everything is possible, but Nadal is the favourite.

mandoura
05-26-2005, 08:24 AM
... Nadal in 4 but could be 3, I will say 4 just to be conservative. Gasquet is good maybe one of the best on clay at the moment but, Nadal is ready to be a world champion...

My thoughts exactly.

Scotso
05-26-2005, 09:11 AM
I think the crowd and situation will get Gasquet a set... so Nadal in 4.

connectolove
05-26-2005, 11:40 AM
posted by KarolBeckFan "I think the crowd and situation will get Gasquet a set... so Nadal in 4.

:haha: I don't know why I find this comment funny. I think you are totally right.

LaPetiteSerbe
05-26-2005, 11:44 AM
I think Nadal, probably in 4 :). Gasquet is good player for sure, but I don't think he has so much experience as Nadal, cos he played last year all the Davis Cup and everything.

savesthedizzle
05-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Nadal in 4. I think he'll win the first set when he gets out to a fast start and that one break early will be enough for the first set, the second set I imagine will be close, I could see either one of them breaking at 4-4 or 5-5 and taking the set, but I would guess Nadal. Gasquet takes the third when Rafa has a short mental lapse in concentration, and then Nadal finishes him off in the fourth.

Well, that's my prediction anyways...

Chevina
05-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Nadal, probably.

ys
05-26-2005, 11:57 AM
So is Escude.

Exactly.. And he did make Slam semis.. :)

connectolove
05-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Nadal in 4 and not bc Gasquet is going to win one set, no, no, it is bc Nadal is a gentleman and will allow Gasquet to look good for one set in consideration to the French people.

~EMiLiTA~
05-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Nadal in 3 or 4

WyveN
05-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Nadal in 4 and not bc Gasquet is going to win one set, no, no, it is bc Nadal is a gentleman and will allow Gasquet to look good for one set in consideration to the French people.

The comedians are pulling out their best material in this thread.

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 12:46 PM
The comedians are pulling out their best material in this thread.

They are coming from everywhere and of course the lefty lover is here too.

Bonaventure
05-27-2005, 12:35 AM
*Bump* Vamos Rafa.

:bigwave: ys, my favourite poster.

WyveN
05-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Q. Most people seem to be tipping Nadal, but you've seen Gasquet at
Monte-Carlo. What can you see in his game that's so special? >

MARAT SAFIN: He's typical French player. He has beautiful technique, good
serve. He can do everything. He can volley. He can play on the baseline.

And Nadal is little bit -- he's incredible player from the baseline. Doesn't
miss one ball. He fights every single point. He doesn't have any huge
weapons, but he is there all the time, he is consistent, he is fighting and
he gonna be there forever.

Gasquet is more of a -- let's put it this way, more -- a nicer player, like
nice technique, you know. Just beautiful. It's nice to watch him.

But Nadal, he's pretty good in the head. Mentally, he's really good.

mitalidas
05-27-2005, 12:43 AM

for a moment there, I thought Safin might be describing Federer and Hewitt

Rogiman
05-27-2005, 12:44 AM

Sounds pretty much like the Hewitt-Federer comparison of early days

And we all know who turned out to be the better player :p

Rogiman
05-27-2005, 12:45 AM
for a moment there, I thought Safin might be describing Federer and Hewitt

Independently :lol:

Neely
05-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Not much chance for Gasquet I think....
Gasquet could make it a respectable scoreline, but Nadal will win pretty easily?!

mitalidas
05-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Independently :lol:

Great minds....

Chloe le Bopper
05-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Exactly.. And he did make Slam semis.. :)

Indeed. He is missed :(

Chloe le Bopper
05-27-2005, 01:38 AM
The Federer-Hewitt comparison is one for the wishful thinkers.

Rogiman
05-27-2005, 01:39 AM
The Federer-Hewitt comparison is one for the wishful thinkers.

This remains to be seen :)

Corey Feldman
05-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Hopefully Nadal..
should be Nadal...

Chloe le Bopper
05-27-2005, 01:48 AM
This remains to be seen :)
That's why it's wishful thinking.

Chloe le Bopper
05-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Topic: I didn't vote because I don't feel comfortable either way. I V-bet on Nadal, but only because when else will you get Nadal at that V-price on clay? :p

I hope that Nadal wins, but I don't know. There is an extra dimension to consider when he plays Gasquet, I believe, even if he goes out of his way to deny.

Truc
05-27-2005, 07:23 AM
From the french version of the RG-website:
Jean-René Lisnard about this match (http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/news/articles/2005-05-26/200505261117124985082.html) :
"Je vois Gasquet l'emporter car il est tout simplement plus fort. Nadal ne m'impressionne pas. Techniquement, Richard est beaucoup plus fort."
[Gasquet will win because he's simply stronger. I'm not impressed by Nadal. Technically Richard is much better.]
:o

Sevenseas
05-27-2005, 07:37 AM
Go Nadal!!! :bounce:

NYCtennisfan
05-27-2005, 07:53 AM
I think we see RG start out a little nervous but get intot eh match by the second set and pull of some good BH's, use some aggressive play to get a set. He continues to fight but Nadal is too much int he 3rd and then rolls in the 4th. Should be fun watch.

Deivid23
05-27-2005, 08:13 AM
Sounds pretty much like the Hewitt-Federer comparison of early days

And we all know who turned out to be the better player :p

Marat would pay for having Nadal´s forehand as the huge weapon he says Rafa lacks.

Rogiman
05-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Marat would pay for having Nadal´s forehand as the huge weapon he says Rafa lacks.

Lucky he has a backhand twice as hard and a serve 5 times as powerful.

Unfortunately for him in the head-department he's trailing by light-years.

connectolove
05-27-2005, 09:19 AM
At the end of the day I don't care who wins. All I know is that the better the rival is against Nadal, the better the show. It is beautiful to watch Nadal fighting.

Sveta's Slave
05-27-2005, 09:24 AM
nadal in four.....vamos!

SuperFurryAnimal
05-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Nadal in four... The French hope will be able to steal a set (probably in a tie-break or 7-5 or something...) but the other three sets will be easy for Nadal.

Choupi
05-27-2005, 09:43 AM
I don't care about who goes out of the Court as the winner, as long as both give us some good show! :D I've seen them play live on Wednesday and I have very good hopes then!

mitalidas
05-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Gasquet has somehow started slow in both of his matches so far
But that was against lesser players so he was able to ultimately pull it out
If nadal gets his teeth in early I dont think Richard will be able to get out of a hole

no name face
05-27-2005, 01:15 PM
well Brad said Nadal in 3 so it's gonna be Gasquet in 3 :tape:

Chloe le Bopper
05-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Jean-René Lisnard about this match (http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/news/articles/2005-05-26/200505261117124985082.html) :
"Je vois Gasquet l'emporter car il est tout simplement plus fort. Nadal ne m'impressionne pas. Techniquement, Richard est beaucoup plus fort."
[Gasquet will win because he's simply stronger. I'm not impressed by Nadal. Technically Richard is much better.]

Pass the bong, Lizzy.

Deivid23
05-29-2005, 09:00 AM

JR, you´re even more useless in this field than as a player.....

Will he try it again today with Grosjean?

Rogiman
05-29-2005, 09:01 AM
JR, you´re even more useless in this field than as a player.....

Will he try it again today with Grosjean?

Well, since hardly anyone knows who Lisnard is, he's got very little reputation to risk :lol:

Deivid23
05-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Well done, kid!. Nadal is lights out ahead the other young guns on tour. Maybe now some people will understand why :yeah:

Chloe le Bopper
05-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Well done, kid!. Nadal is lights out ahead the other young guns on tour. Maybe now some people will understand why :yeah:
No. They'll postulate that he's just an eary developer who won't be much of anything in comparison to the others within a few years. Indeed that remains to be seen, but that is little more than wishful thinking. I am a broken record but it's all true ;)

Hewitt, btw, was still a skinny kid at 18. I don't think he learned to grow biceps until this year :angel: