David Sanchez d. Guga 63 60 46 61 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

David Sanchez d. Guga 63 60 46 61

Tennis Fool
05-25-2005, 05:02 AM
I'm surprised this result wasn't posted. Anyone see the match? Was Guga's hip bothering him?

3 FO champs went out the same day...

robinhood
05-25-2005, 05:12 AM
Geez....
I knew he didn't stand much chance this year,
but I didn't think he would get bounced in the first round.
I have no idea how the match was played or whether his hip hurt him or not.
I just wish he won't be too discouraged by this loss.

superpinkone37
05-25-2005, 05:14 AM
:sad: :sad:

Tennis Fool
05-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Wow, this thread only got 2 responses. Guess Guga's time is over.

lucashg
05-25-2005, 02:03 PM
I guess everyone was expecting it. It's a pity he's using his protected ranking IMO, I think he should play small tournaments (challengers and International Series) mostly to regain some confidence and get match-play and rythym. He has received three bagels this year, it's not gonna get any better playing against tougher opponents in 1st rounds.

Unfortunately he's falling out of the TOP200 with this loss. It's just sad, I hope he'll try to bounce back to the TOP ASAP.

Billy Moonshine
05-25-2005, 02:10 PM
I knew the result but didn't want to post it. It's too sad and I don't want to dwell on it too much. All I'm going to say is Guga, I'll never forget all the happiness u have given to me with your flamboyance, smile and wonderful hair :) Good luck next year Guga u beautiful man!!!!!:)XXXXXXXXX

BlackSilver
05-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Anyone see the match? Was Guga's hip bothering him?

3 FO champs went out the same day...

Yes for the first question. Probably not for the second question.
Which other former champions were eliminated?

SwissMister1
05-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Sadly, ESPN didn't even switch over for a second to this match, instead choosing to show Coria-Carlsen "highlights" during breaks in the other matches.

lucashg
05-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Yes for the first question. Probably not for the second question.
Which other former champions were eliminated?

Anastasia Myskina and Andre Agassi.

Frederick16
05-25-2005, 05:45 PM
i was there... guga's movement was normal. but his hitting was bad. he made a lot of errors. the crowd was on his side

tennis elbow
05-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Wow, this thread only got 2 responses. Guess Guga's time is over.

not the case at all, I guess everybody was just too saddened by the way it's unfolding... and Lucas, Guga cannot move sideways anyway, so playing Challengers and Futures wouldn't do him any good... he will rest up for now and assess his physical condition and career later on. whatever he decides on, I'm just very glad I had the opportunity to once see his wonderful flair and game.

Tennis Fool
05-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Anastasia Myskina and Andre Agassi.
Actually I was just thinking of the men's side--Agassi and Albert Costa. You guys do remember Costa don't you?

Tennis Fool
05-25-2005, 06:40 PM
TE: He can't move sideways? He can't slide? That's like taking Andy's serve away...

tennis elbow
05-25-2005, 07:21 PM
he still does the effort sometimes, but it's always late because his first step seems to bother him a lot... that's why he's more dependent on his beefed up serve lately, he needs to finish the points quickly because he cannot be stretched out wide for long... I also think his lack of mobility is evident especially on clay, and he will always be (I mean is now, because he does have a winning record against Coria) vulnerable to players like Coria and Robredo, who use the dropshots a lot. He just doesn't have the explosive first step anymore to chase the balls that are not within his immediate reach...