~*~Jürgen Melzer Cheering Thread~*~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

~*~Jürgen Melzer Cheering Thread~*~

Kristen
05-24-2005, 05:49 AM
His results against Wayne have been poor to date... but now it's RG time!
It's Jürgen, it's Clay.... lets cross our fingers that our #1 Austrian can do well here and get the Wayno monkey off his back! Here we can follow his progress in singles and doubles :wavey:

PS. Björki... I like Wayne, but I LIIIKE Jürgen.
PPS. MightyJurgenFan: As an Aussie, it gives me GREAT pleasure to start this thread as he prepares to play an Aussie ;) I never was patriotic :angel:

Kristen
05-24-2005, 07:02 AM
From the Sydney Morning Herald
"But at least Arthurs had some cause for optimism, having drawn Austrian Jurgen Melzer, whom he's already beaten twice this year. Arthurs's serve-volley game is a rare sight on clay, and the veteran feels that's precisely why it can be effective. "I'm one of those guys that these [claycourters] don't like to play," Arthurs said."

Björki
05-24-2005, 07:48 AM
Come on Wayno :bounce:
Oh sorry wrong thread :lol:

Kristen
05-24-2005, 09:07 AM
:angel: Accidents happen ;) :lol:

DeccyB123
05-24-2005, 09:18 AM
http://www.webmaster-tool.co.uk/flag-animated/australia_flag.gif

Couldn't resist :D

Kristen
05-24-2005, 10:59 AM
smartasses :smooch:
You're both lucky you have my favourites as your avatars! (OMG I cannot WAIT until another proper Jurgen fan pops their head in here. I look so desperate!)

PS. Jurgen is a bit of a Wayne fan. We had words at DC. Stupid DC :)

MightyJurgenfan
05-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Come on Jurgen you can win this one. Your fans truly support you and don't tease.

Should we go on the Wayne Cheering thread and cheer for Jurgen?

Go Jurgen.

margaret_gn
05-24-2005, 11:57 AM
jurgen's leading one set to love!!! Go Jurgen! :yeah: and up a break in the second (it's 2-0 his way)!!!

Kristen
05-24-2005, 12:49 PM
no dont cheer in the wayne thread...that's low (I already did it... before they did :tape: LOL we kind of have an understanding :lol: )

AUF GEHTS! Nearly over! :woohoo:

DeccyB123
05-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Come on Jurgen you can win this one. Your fans truly support you and don't tease.

Should we go on the Wayne Cheering thread and cheer for Jurgen?

Go Jurgen.
All in good fun mate, congrats to Jurgen :hatoff:

Kristen
05-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Omg thank goodness :) 64 62 76 :D
After seeing them play each other in DC I was fearing further humiliation from the older man! Yay Jurgen! Not only did he win, BUT IN SRAIGHT SETS! :tape:

MightyJurgenfan
05-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Way to go Jurgen. Now keep it up.

I would never have gone on Wayne's thread because you tell me he is a nice guy. Sorry he had to lose so our guy could win.

I am happy for Jurgen.

Neely
05-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Well done, Jürgen! :)

Good to see that he closed the match in three sets after this little choke in the third set when he already served for the match but had to go into the tiebreak!

margaret_gn
05-24-2005, 10:47 PM
this is making my day... all my faves through to the second round :)

Kristen
05-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Julian/Jurgen df Black/Ullyett 75 36 62 :woohoo:
They next play Bertolini/Volandri (Italians). These guys are nice, so it will be sad to see them lose ;) :angel:

MightyJurgenfan
05-26-2005, 03:24 AM
Julian/Jurgen df Black/Ullyett 75 36 62 :woohoo:
They next play Bertolini/Volandri (Italians). These guys are nice, so it will be sad to see them lose ;) :angel:

I don't know them and want Julian and Jurgen to win.

Jurgen has to pull an upset tomorrow in the singles against Youzhny. I am sure Youzhny has supporters also and is a nice guy. But sometimes nice guys have to lose. Jurgen is nice and he has lost and now I really want him to win. Hope that makes sense.

Neely
05-26-2005, 11:30 AM
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! SO DAMN STRONG!!!!!!!!! :) :bounce:

MELZER def. Youzhny 6-3 6-4 7-6(5)

Youzhny on clay can normally play quite well... but his year so far isn't the best, still a very good result, in straight sets! :yeah:

margaret_gn
05-26-2005, 11:38 AM
CONGRATS jurgen!!!! he's keeping up his good form from st polten :yeah: Coria next though...

MightyJurgenfan
05-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Way to go Jurgen. Keep up the good form.

Coria will be so tough, but we have to believe in Jurgen. I know he can do it.

Kristen
05-26-2005, 03:12 PM
It's the birthday cards for sure.
Photos (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1727228&postcount=612) in the JM thread. :wavey:

MightyJurgenfan
05-26-2005, 07:50 PM
It's the birthday cards for sure.
Photos (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1727228&postcount=612) in the JM thread. :wavey:

You chose some nice web cam pictures. I have added some pictures to the Jurgen Melzer Discussion Board.

I would like you to post on it soon. Please ;)

Kristen
05-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Will do. Probably tonight or tomorrow. Have bastardo assignments for uni next Wednesday. Argh I hate groupwork (or just my group!?) :lol:

MightyJurgenfan
05-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Will do. Probably tonight or tomorrow. Have bastardo assignments for uni next Wednesday. Argh I hate groupwork (or just my group!?) :lol:

Sounds like you will be busy.

For me, at least Julian and Jurgen play a little later and I will be able to follow the match. The sod (grass) for my yard arrives tomorrow. My life can get back in order and I will be able to follow tennis all day.

Julian and Jurgen, I know you can win tomorrow

MightyJurgenfan
05-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Jurgen and Julian got through to the next round in doubles because one of their opponents was injured (WO).

Jurgen will play tomorrow with an extra days rest. Coria is such a clay court player I fear for Jurgen but also believe he can do it. I will "Keep my fingers crossed".

Kristen
05-28-2005, 03:23 AM
I have to go to work soon. I wont be back until almost 12 hours from now!
I hope to see a well-fought match when I return ;) :yeah:

-SaFiinsBabY-
05-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Great thread :yeah:

good luck Jürgen today in your match against Coria :wavey:

Kristen
05-28-2005, 03:28 PM
F*CK! 1-6 in the first~?
Ok, I know he's last years finalist...but Jurgen is an awesome player. Maybe Coria is more gifted than I give him credit for...but I would have thought Melzer would get at least 2-6!

MightyJurgenfan
05-28-2005, 03:35 PM
F*CK! 1-6 in the first~?
Ok, I know he's last years finalist...but Jurgen is an awesome player. Maybe Coria is more gifted than I give him credit for...but I would have thought Melzer would get at least 2-6!

I am hoping Jurgen starts to win a few games. This is so sad for him. I think he trying just to hard to make the shots and he is missing them. I know Coria is good, but Jurgen should not be losing this badly. He is such a good player. Maybe it is nerves.

We can be proud he has gotten to the third round and is still in the doubles.

Go Jurgen - hurry up and start playing well.

Kristen
05-28-2005, 03:43 PM
I WISH I'd stayed at work! I'd be happier, earning more money, and wouldn't have to suffer the pain of seeing JM lose via scoreboard :lol: Then again... it could be worse. I could BE Jurgen, playing that match against Coria (who I hope does particularly well in the upcoming DC ;))

MightyJurgenfan
05-28-2005, 03:54 PM
I WISH I'd stayed at work! I'd be happier, earning more money, and wouldn't have to suffer the pain of seeing JM lose via scoreboard :lol: Then again... it could be worse. I could BE Jurgen, playing that match against Coria (who I hope does particularly well in the upcoming DC ;))

The statics are terrible for Jurgen. He is having such a tough time. Everytime the point goes for a long time Coria wins it and the short time ones Jurgen wins. I wish there were more quick points. At least Jurgen broke him once, but sadly he could not hold his own.

With Coria winning like this, I hope he wins the entire thing.

Come on Jurgen you can do better.

Kristen
05-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Same! LOL Then he can get psyched up and get his ass to Australia to avenge Jurgens DC losses!! :haha:

Kristen
05-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Are you watching his webcam?
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/netcam/gridpages/lenglen/index.html?refresh

MightyJurgenfan
05-28-2005, 04:16 PM

No He is doing better now. Go Jurgen win this set.

MightyJurgenfan
05-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Tennis just came on TV here and they are showing a match from earlier today. No Jurgen. Typical of NBC. Stupid.

Come on Jurgen. He is having so much trouble holding serve. He needs to break Coria now.

MightyJurgenfan
05-28-2005, 04:25 PM

Yes, I keep checking them. Darn he was up 5-3 and now it is 5-5. Come on Jurgen.

Kristen
05-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Damn tiebreaks.
Don't play like a Swede JM!

Kristen
05-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Newer advice: Check this thread before you play a tiebreak ;) :hug: Jürgen, you did well and that's what counts with us :D

MightyJurgenfan
05-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Newer advice: Check this thread before you play a tiebreak ;) :hug: Jürgen, you did well and that's what counts with us :D

You are right. He did us proud. :worship:

He never gave up and fought to the end. :smooch: Coria was just to good today.

Kristen
05-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Playing doubles (choking!) now :)

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/netcam/gridpages/7/index.html?refresh

-SaFiinsBabY-
05-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey ... they are playing good --> doubles :yeah:

Kristen
05-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Bagelled in the first set! :haha: :retard: Bring on the grass!!! :wavey:

Kristen
05-29-2005, 02:45 PM
:haha: If they'd never played doubles before it'd be good. Gosh I hope they're seeing the funny side of this ^_^

Neely
05-29-2005, 02:47 PM
Komm, auf gehts! One more set :yeah:

Kristen
05-29-2005, 02:54 PM
:haha: I'm the :retard:
It's been a long day, and I was reading the netcam scores wrong. :rolleyes: Cool!

edit: I'll leave those stupid posts here, for amusement value ;)

Kristen
05-29-2005, 03:06 PM
:lol: It was better when I thought they were bagelled... damn! At least then, I would be celebrating right now...

Kristen
05-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Wahey!!!
Back on serve! :D
I probably should stop using this thread as my own OOP/scoring thread, but it's easier :shrug:

Neely
05-29-2005, 03:23 PM
another rebreak, 5-5
now hold serve and finish it in two
damn, almost losing the set to these two guys after bagelling them in the first :( :smash:

-SaFiinsBabY-
05-29-2005, 03:36 PM
:woohoo: Melzer/Knowle def. Arnold/Garcia 6/0 7/6 :woohoo:

lol first set 6/0 second set 7/6

but ... :yeah:

Kristen
05-29-2005, 03:45 PM
:woohoo:
The more I post, the closer I am to pushing those other dumb posts (by me) to the next page :D

Nice work guys! and straight sets. wow!! ;)

MightyJurgenfan
05-29-2005, 05:12 PM
:woohoo:
The more I post, the closer I am to pushing those other dumb posts (by me) to the next page :D

Nice work guys! and straight sets. wow!! ;)

I just got home from church and saw they won. :worship: I am happy they did it in two sets. It sounds like you were nervous for them.

Next they play Gonzalez/Massu. That will be tough. Both teams play good doubles. We will just have to hope and "cross our fingers".

Kristen
05-29-2005, 05:27 PM
I just got home from church and saw they won. :worship: I am happy they did it in two sets. It sounds like you were nervous for them.

Next they play Gonzalez/Massu. That will be tough. Both teams play good doubles. We will just have to hope and "cross our fingers".
:haha: Yes, I was nervous when I thought they lost the first set, 0-6 :tape: I am such a dunce! Ordinarily I like Massu and his grunting, but he'd better not do anything to annoy my guys or I'll be :mad: Other than that, I'm pretty sure they can win if they want it badly enough.

During the netcam/match, I kept looking at Julian thinking "Why can't Jürgen be more like him?" *the bandanna*. I wonder if it's unhealthy to obsess over an accessory like I do :lol: 3.30am. I'm going to bed. Jonas is going to lose doubles (most likely) and Simon Aspelin just lost two matches in one day. *ouch* Bring on wheelchair/junior Roland Garros! [EDIT: AFTER Jürgen, Jonas, and Alexander Waske are finished!Alex is at 6-3, 1-3 and serving. I guess it is raining. Hopefully nobody retired.]

MightyJurgenfan
05-29-2005, 09:16 PM
:haha: Yes, I was nervous when I thought they lost the first set, 0-6 :tape: I am such a dunce! Ordinarily I like Massu and his grunting, but he'd better not do anything to annoy my guys or I'll be :mad: Other than that, I'm pretty sure they can win if they want it badly enough.

During the netcam/match, I kept looking at Julian thinking "Why can't Jürgen be more like him?" *the bandanna*. I wonder if it's unhealthy to obsess over an accessory like I do :lol: 3.30am. I'm going to bed. Jonas is going to lose doubles (most likely) and Simon Aspelin just lost two matches in one day. *ouch* Bring on wheelchair/junior Roland Garros! [EDIT: AFTER Jürgen, Jonas, and Alexander Waske are finished!Alex is at 6-3, 1-3 and serving. I guess it is raining. Hopefully nobody retired.]

I feel Jurgen/Julian can win this next round. Then they will meet a team you will approve of. Darn.

Check out how well Marcos Mirnegg did this week in a Futures in Spain and post it on the Discussion Brd please.

Wow! So many players I like are still playing. No one more important than Jurgen.