Finally.

A topic that makes some sense.

Dissident
01-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Are you trying to jinx Andre with that Becca? :p
;)

Chloe le Bopper
01-21-2003, 12:59 PM
No Hitman, I'm saying what i said before the tournament began.

They might as well write Andre's name on the trophy right now.

The only player left in the draw who has ever beat Agassi, and imo, has the game to beat agassi again, just lost.

That said, I thought Andre would have won that match regardless.

Chloe le Bopper
01-21-2003, 01:00 PM
And you know, despite my bitching in the past that Andre must lose! ;) and what not...

I can't help but nod in appreciation at what he's done the past few years.

An 8th grand slam title at 33? How often are we going to see something like this?

Dissident
01-21-2003, 01:32 PM
I was joking.
I agreed with you since the start than Andre was the big one to beat. I even used a doh, and said picking his name as a fave was "Hours-Concours" :p

I get your point. His record against any player left in the draw is outstanding. He wont lose this one unless he turns the turbo-bitch mode on, and loses it all by himself.

And I dont mind Andre. I like him. He is fun to watch, imo.

Chloe le Bopper
01-21-2003, 01:35 PM
On a bright note hitman - I did buy Ferreira, didn't I? *giggles*

Not to mention Andre :p

Dissident
01-21-2003, 01:37 PM
Yep, you did. I have only Agassi left. :p

Chloe le Bopper
01-21-2003, 01:43 PM
I forget my reasoning behind buying Wayne.. I think that I decided he was good for the quarters at least, and he was cheap.

That, and I was never positive about Ferrero getting out of that quarter, and Wayne was the toughest one left in it imo.

SO hmmm.

It could be worse - i could have bought Hewitt and not Andre :o

Pea
01-21-2003, 03:40 PM
Out of the remaining players left, I think he is the only one that could handle dickhead's serves, so I'm rooting for him!!

Scotso
01-21-2003, 08:03 PM
I will never cheer for Agassi, even if he plays Roddick in the final. He's an old steroid-pumped asshole who has no respect for anyone save himself. The way he acted at Wimbledon last year is disgusting.

If the final is Roddick vs. Agassi, I will do what I have done with the all-Williams finals. I'll turn the computer off and pretend tennis doesn't exist.

With that said, I'm holding out hope that Schuettler or Nalbandian will come through and win the title.

ys
01-21-2003, 09:19 PM
If the final is Roddick vs. Agassi, I will do what I have done with the all-Williams finals. I'll turn the computer off and pretend tennis doesn't exist.

I will become an Agassi fan for few hours. From what I saw, the only players whose game can bother Agassi are Roddick and Nalbandian. Nalbandian got the experience of GS final, so he might not choke right away. And Roddick won't choke too, because choking is the result of thinking too much, and that's not Roddick.

per4ever
01-21-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by y_s
And Roddick won't choke too, because choking is the result of thinking too much, and that's not Roddick.

lmao!!!!!!!!

Agassi has too many experience to let this slip I think..He'll just come out and play his game in the two final matches..and I doubt anyone can stop him.

Vera
01-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Agassi will win this one, not sure if he deserves it. Not that he's not good enough to win this one, but apparently he doesn't have to work much that's for sure. Besides the first round, every round on, his opponents handed that to him, Lee froze, Escude just choked and Coria quitted before it even began. Then Grosjean was just not there, too tired to fight maybe.

I think Jim or PMac is right, one of them said Agassi won the match because he walked out to the court today. And boy, he should have been there last year too, he could have won that with a broken wrist.

Having said all that, I'll be shocked if he didn't win this AO. But IMO, a more deserving winner would be Vowel Man. For all his trouble to take out Lleyton, already deserved a trophy of some sort. :)

Chloe le Bopper
01-22-2003, 01:07 AM
Well - I will be happy if either David or even Wayne win it now.

Hell - I could deal with Younes too.

If it is Agassi-Roddick I will tune in, just because I know that Agassi will show us all a tennis lesson to behold ;)

ys
01-22-2003, 05:17 PM
Now it is even more obvious. Roddick would have a chance against Agassi, but after this QF it will take a miracle for him to recover by semifinal time and beat Shuettler, leave alone beat Agassi in the final after playing so much tennis and having one day less of rest..

I think that it will be Agassi-Shuettler final and it will be a blowout.

At the same time Wayne must be thinking now - I can beat Shuettler, Roddick would be very tired if he gets to the final, so I am , well, one match away from having a great chance to win GS, even if it is a match against someone who beat me 10 out of 10, and that's probably the last chance of my life to get into history books...

tennischick
01-23-2003, 02:41 AM
i think that deep inside Becca is trying to jinx Agassi. that's why she keeps saying that he will win. so if Agassi goes out and breaks his legs in practice tomorrow, we know who is the voodoo woman behind it...:p :p

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2003, 02:57 AM
Nah ...

If Ferrero was still in the draw, maybe ;)

But who else is left that I want to win it? :o

Wayne I like the most out of all of them, but I cant' see him beatig Andre.

per4ever
01-23-2003, 08:25 AM
Agassi leads 6-2 2*-1 against Wayne at the moment :D

Nymeria
01-23-2003, 09:07 AM
Agassi is good at the moment :(
Leading 6-2, 6-2, *4-3

per4ever
01-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Agassi wins 6-2 6-2 6-3 :D

per4ever
01-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Agassi's H2H against Roddick:

Andre leads 3-0
2002 San Jose, Hard, S
CA, U.S.A. Hard S Agassi 6 3 6 1
2000 Washington, Hard, Q
DC, U.S.A. Hard Q Agassi 6 4 6 4
2000 Miami, Hard, R64
FL, U.S.A. Hard R64 Agassi 6 2 6 3

Agassi's H2H against Schuttler
Andre leads 1-0
1998 Munich, Clay, R16
Germany Clay R16 Agassi 6 1 6 4

Experimentee
01-23-2003, 12:32 PM
Agassi deserves this regardless of his opponents. We could say he had it easy if he had easy opponents and struggled through them, but he absolutely demolished them! I've never seen him play better tennis so conssitently, and i feel he would have beaten any top player playing like he did against Lee, Grosjean and Ferreria. I really hope he wins this now, but I'm sure he will after what i've seen this week and last.

moni
01-23-2003, 01:08 PM
Agassi is the top favourite for the title. And there is no doubt about that he will win it. Who can stop him? Roddick? Give me a break! Roddick was lucky to win against Younes this incredible battle of more then 5 hours. When already Younes gives Roddick so much to work, how will it be with Agassi? And don't forget, Roddick must beat Rainer Schuettler first. The german player plays his best tennis right now and nobody should underestimate a player who came so far :)

tennischick
01-23-2003, 02:33 PM
agree with you Moni. also remember that Andre played first so he gets two full days to rest and strategise.

this is also good for Darren Cahill. finally a result that he can take some credit for bec Andre IS playing better.

go Andre!!!! :kiss: :kiss:

per4ever
01-24-2003, 11:10 AM
GO Andre :bounce: :D