Kuerten's chances this year?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kuerten's chances this year??

rhz
05-24-2005, 01:15 AM
Although not a big fan, I am always Guga's supporter. I hope he will play well this year!

guida
05-24-2005, 01:38 AM
Yeah, Guga's one of those guys who deserves all the support he can get. His chances are pretty slim this year, although I would like to see him get back to his former self.
Kinda sad that he's not a contender anymore, unless there is a BIG surprise. :eek:

Ace Tracker
05-24-2005, 01:47 AM
I would absolutely love for him to progress any deeper this year, but he is not physically ready to grind out for hours on clay anymore... :sad:... the talent and heart are still there, but the movement, speed and stamina are not...

lucashg
05-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Yeah, Guga's one of those guys who deserves all the support he can get. His chances are pretty slim this year, although I would like to see him get back to his former self.
Kinda sad that he's not a contender anymore, unless there is a BIG surprise. :eek:

I completely agree. Although I'd love to see him doing well, if he gets to R3 is gonna be a huge achievement already. Maybe I'm underastimating him a bit, but he really hasn't showed form this year.

Billabong
05-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Guga has no expectation, and he mainly wants to have fun and progress:)! He wants to get rhythm:)! Next year he'll have bigger expectations (I hope), but he certainly hopes he can do some upsets, like last year, when nobody expected him to beat the #1 in the world:yeah:!!

robinhood
05-24-2005, 02:38 AM
Sadly slim to none, I'm afraid.
But maybe after a third hip operation.
That was a joke.
If he is not going to go deep, I wish he would at least knock out one big name like he did last year (although it was Rog) before he bows out.

-ernie-
05-24-2005, 02:43 AM
Not much sadly :sad: I just wanna see him have fun and keep tryin his best!

Gonzo Hates Me!
05-24-2005, 04:40 AM
Sadly slim to none, I'm afraid.
But maybe after a third hip operation.
That was a joke.

LOL!...

I don't know what to think of Guga's future; but I pray for him... for me, he doesn't have to do well here just because it's the French. I hope for him to do well somewhere/anywhere, after this 2nd surgery. In the past he had a promising future on any surface and the hip ruined that. So I hope the best for him--that he will do well somewhere/anywhere, whether it is this Roland Garros, or the next, or some random small tournament a year from now, or a random bigger tournament two years from now... I just hope that he can bring some of his old magic back before the end of his career