I HATE BRAD GILBERT [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I HATE BRAD GILBERT

hots4safin
05-23-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm sorry...but the whole blue socks thing? WHO CARES?

And who is he to call Gaudio a one slam wonder when he's one ZERO slams, and his wet dream boy Roddick has only won A SINGLE slam.

And what's up with his nauseating obsession with Roddick...Andy dumped his ass and he still acts like they hit together every morning?

-ernie-
05-23-2005, 10:35 PM
lol I really dont like Gilbert either

the cat
05-23-2005, 10:37 PM
I like Brad but understand how he can get on some people's nerves. :eek: He doesn't even try to do it and he does it. :shrug: But as far as his tennis commentary goes he knows what he's talking about. And he's the man in black! :yeah:

BiancaUL
05-23-2005, 10:38 PM
I keep hoping some top 10er or potential top 10er will offer him a coaching job (not Andy again; he's free of him and he needs to stay that way for my sake), so he can get the f*ck off my TV, but alas, no dice so far.

Haute
05-23-2005, 10:41 PM
He should start coaching Nadal, the egos will match up perfectly. :rolleyes:

jole
05-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Oh come on, you know you want him.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/images/G016_AS.jpg

jazz_girl
05-23-2005, 10:43 PM
:haha:

BiancaUL
05-23-2005, 11:00 PM
That's hot. :p

And Nadal/Gilbert works for me. Or maybe Gilbert/Gasquet? I know he'd probably prefer an American, but I don't think Taylor Dent or someone even lower on the chain would entice him to leave his "lovely" TV gig behind.

onewoman74
05-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Tell us how u really feel...

the cat
05-23-2005, 11:02 PM
ESPN pays Brad the big bucks to commentate on tennis so he will only leave that to coach a player with alot of potential. And most of those types of players already have coaches.

Bonaventure
05-23-2005, 11:05 PM
He should start coaching Nadal, the egos will match up perfectly. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? Nadal is about as level headed as they come. And he's doing just fine with Toni Nadal as his coach.

BiancaUL
05-23-2005, 11:10 PM
ESPN pays Brad the big bucks to commentate on tennis so he will only leave that to coach a player with alot of potential. And most of those types of players already have coaches.

I know, but a girl can dream.

ESPN's not paying him anywhere near as much as he was sucking out of Roddick and before that Agassi though.

jmp
05-23-2005, 11:18 PM
I like Brad but understand how he can get on some people's nerves. :eek: He doesn't even try to do it and he does it. :shrug: But as far as his tennis commentary goes he knows what he's talking about. And he's the man in black! :yeah:

I agree, the cat. I also like the fact that he seems to know and respect the womens' game as well.

hrbatyfan - muwaaaaah :haha: :spit: :haha:

EDIT TO ADD: hots4safin, I definitely do NOT agree with all of Brad's opinions and...

GO MARAT!! :D :D

the cat
05-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Of course you can dream Bianca. ;) But Brad will still be there lending his knowledge at the 2005 French Open.

Good point JMP about how Gilbert respect's women's tennis.

buddyholly
05-23-2005, 11:21 PM
ESPN's not paying him anywhere near as much as he was sucking out of Roddick and before that Agassi though.

Do you have the numbers to back up that claim, please?

Deboogle!.
05-23-2005, 11:26 PM
I keep hoping some top 10er or potential top 10er will offer him a coaching job (not Andy again; he's free of him and he needs to stay that way for my sake), so he can get the f*ck off my TV, but alas, no dice so far.He's coaching Tatiana Golovin right now - at least til Wimbledon.

He does need to shut up. Badly.

But I suppose that's what the mute button is for :yeah:

Scotso
05-23-2005, 11:37 PM
He's such a moron. He seems to know absolutely nothing about tennis. All he does is toot his own horn...

And I agree about the socks comment, that should get him fired. He basically called Gaudio a girl.

mitalidas
05-23-2005, 11:53 PM
But as far as his tennis commentary goes he knows what he's talking about. And he's the man in black! :yeah:

He, of the "Federer is over-rated" quote right before Wimbledon 2003, does not always know what he is talking about

the cat
05-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Well no one is perfect Mita. ;)

mitalidas
05-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Well no one is perfect Mita. ;)
I wanted to add that I do agree that he's da man in black

Look, I hover into his website every so often.... just to see if he's still sucking up to roddick or agassi .... and he still is

I always feel that he honestly believs that Roger is not great. I remember his continual "Take away the last 5 minutes of the first set and the first 5 minutes of the 2nd set and Andy would be in the final" about WImbledon 2003 which irked me no end. Just no credit for one of the most fantastic performances on grass

the cat
05-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Gilbert says Federer will win this years French Open so he's giving Roger the respect he deserves.

Scotso
05-24-2005, 12:11 AM
the cat... that's funny because he also said Nadal would win this year.

then he said he would put his money on Agassi or Roddick to win.

the guy will say whatever lame idiotic thought enters his head. he's a moron.

jole
05-24-2005, 12:13 AM
the cat... that's funny because he also said Nadal would win this year.

then he said he would put his money on Agassi or Roddick to win.

the guy will say whatever lame idiotic thought enters his head. he's a moron.

Yea, I watched for about 10 seconds this morning and he was ranting and raving about how wide open Roddick and Agassi's draws were.

mitalidas
05-24-2005, 12:14 AM
Mercifully, I missed his commentary on ESPN this morning....
However, on his site he has spread his votes all around --Federer, coria, nadal,ferrero and the old "warhorse" agassi

But it doesn't take a genius to pick those. Everyone on MTF would agree that those are the main candidates

My own personal feeling is that given his unhealthy obsession over Agassi, he does not want Federer to win it and do the same career slam thing as agassi. It robs him a little bit too ("My charge is the only one who has won a career slam in the open era"....) ;)

jole
05-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Warhorse! Vamos!

Oneofakind0490
05-24-2005, 12:17 AM
I was watching some of it today and he said that American men are 0-4 today. Then he says tommorow Andy and Andre will change that. I can see Andre but Andy :haha: ?

Scotso
05-24-2005, 12:19 AM
IMO, Andy has a better chance than Agassi. Jarkko Nieminen is no slouch, I'm holding on to hope that he will beat Agassi.

Tsonga is a fighter but I don't think he's ready for such a big upset.

BiancaUL
05-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Andy'll win tomorrow (or I'll fly to France myself and make him eat his racket myself).

But the stuff about him having an open draw makes me laugh. Unless ESPN is whispering in his ear a little, he should know there's no such thing as an open draw for Andy on clay. :lol:

Do you have the numbers to back up that claim, please?

Do you really think ESPN is going to pay one tennis guy in the very high hundred thousands a year, plus perks?

They're stingy all up in that joint, trust me.

mitalidas
05-24-2005, 12:31 AM
Andy'll win tomorrow (or I'll fly to France myself and make him eat his racket myself).
But the stuff about him having an open draw makes me laugh.
he will not be taking tomorrow lightly at all. it's only a year ago, he was a tad embarrassed to lose at the FO to...... sheesh, I already forgot the unknown's name

guida
05-24-2005, 12:32 AM
But the stuff about him having an open draw makes me laugh. Unless ESPN is whispering in his ear a little, he should know there's no such thing as an open draw for Andy on clay. :lol:

hahaha, I love Andy but that's so true. :haha:

PaulieM
05-24-2005, 12:42 AM
brad is annoying but at least i can laugh at him. he's so ridiculous it's funny. i like him much better working for espn than when he was coaching andy.

Ace Tracker
05-24-2005, 12:44 AM
I agree, the cat. I also like the fact that he seems to know and respect the womens' game as well.

I thought he actually had contempt for the women's game... wasn't he of the "Justine (at the time, the number one player in the WTA) would lose to any good male junior player" comment? :confused:

Brad is doing a better job of holding out on the more controversial jabs than a few years back... but one still senses his lack of love for the so-called "claycourters" and their usual non-English sounding names, and his belittleing of Gaudio does not surprise me at all.

Dirk
05-24-2005, 01:24 AM
Someone should have told him that Gaudio might wear blue socks because that color is similar to the color in the Argentina flag. :rolleyes: His one slam-wonder comment was terrible. How can he predict that Gaudio who is only 25 won't win RG again especially given that he is now a more confident and consistent player. Why is Brad calling RG action when he himself sucked badly on clay? I could understand Jim Courier calling action but Brad Gilbert???????

robinhood
05-24-2005, 01:35 AM
From Tennis-X today

"Did anyone else want to knock themselves unconscious on a coffee table to no longer hear ESPN commentator Brad Gilbert go on and on (and on) about Gaston Gaudio's blue socks? Drop it!"

Becarina
05-24-2005, 01:47 AM
lol I really dont like Gilbert either

take a number ;)

Ads
05-24-2005, 01:49 AM
be glad he's no longer coaching shirtless
http://www.tennis.info/images/Nasdaq4/10Wed/Gilbert1813.jpg

Becarina
05-24-2005, 01:50 AM
:scared:

robinhood
05-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Hey, AndysGirl.
Steve Urkel in your avatar?? How random!
It brings back a lot of memories.
I somehow remember that very episode. :D

robinhood
05-24-2005, 01:53 AM

One of the recent threads was about many tennis guys going hairless and how some girls didn't like it.
Those girls'd better take a look at this picture and think it over!

mitalidas
05-24-2005, 01:54 AM
No picture of Urkel is complete without his suspenders ;)

-ernie-
05-24-2005, 01:56 AM
take a number ;)
:confused: What do you mean.....?

mitalidas
05-24-2005, 01:56 AM
:confused: What do you mean.....?

in the US, that's the same as "get in line" :)

for many queues, one picks a number from a machine and gets in line....

-ernie-
05-24-2005, 02:03 AM
in the US, that's the same as "get in line" :)

for many queues, one picks a number from a machine and gets in line....
oh lol i live in the us and i never heard that, lol, maybe we dont use that in texas or something :scratch:

sigmagirl91
05-24-2005, 02:05 AM
oh lol i live in the us and i never heard that, lol, maybe we dont use that in texas or something :scratch:

For real? I hear that all the time.
Oh, and please take the Brad pic away. Ick, yuck, patooey...besides, I like men with hairless chests anyway.

PaulieM
05-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Oh, and please take the Brad pic away. Ick, yuck, patooey...besides, I like men with hairless chests anyway.
:yeah:

mandoura
05-24-2005, 02:27 AM

Now Mooya, check this link and tell me you like men with hairless chests ;) .

http://www.jirobkk.com/album/Shirtless_ATP_Players/Federer_Roger/default.asp

Becarina
05-24-2005, 02:39 AM
Hey, AndysGirl.
Steve Urkel in your avatar?? How random!
It brings back a lot of memories.
I somehow remember that very episode. :D

was a great show :) 70-80's avatar week ;)

Becarina
05-24-2005, 02:40 AM
umm...I live in Texas

maybe you are too young :p

Becarina
05-24-2005, 02:42 AM
:rolls: Now Mooya, check this link and tell me you like men with hairless chests ;) .

:rolls:

PaulieM
05-24-2005, 02:58 AM
Now Mooya, check this link and tell me you like men with hairless chests ;) .

:lol: i should have known that one was coming. roger's my one exception to that rule, he's a hairy man and i love every bit of it. heck he could have hair on his ass and i'd do him anyway :hearts:

hots4safin
05-24-2005, 02:59 AM
ew that picture of Brad makes me want to vomit everywhere.

NYCtennisfan
05-24-2005, 03:45 AM
Gilbert is annoying and he has been annoying for the past 20 years. He was probably annoying when he was born. As for the Roddick lovefest, he pretty much HAS to do that--ESPN wants to promote tennis through Roddick.

mandoura
05-24-2005, 03:47 AM
:lol: i should have known that one was coming. roger's my one exception to that rule, he's a hairy man and i love every bit of it. heck he could have hair on his ass and i'd do him anyway :hearts:

Good girl :lol:. I hate hairless guys. However I don't like them apelike either. Chest hair, nicely spread like our Roger, is a real turn on :inlove: . Marat is not bad either :hearts: ;) .

Golfnduck
05-24-2005, 04:02 AM
Brad's mouth is wayyyyy to big for me. I'm gonna pay some French fans to tackle Brad and tape his mouth shut :tape:

tennischick
05-24-2005, 04:25 AM
how Duckfans have turned. so much hate for a guy you once hailed as the Third Coming. i am shocked :eek:

Brad ain't perfect. in fact he can be downright annoying. and yes he seems to have gone back to praising Agassi and never mentioning the Duck. but does that make him hate-worthy?

Deboogle!.
05-24-2005, 04:35 AM
how Duckfans have turned. so much hate for a guy you once hailed as the Third Coming. i am shocked :eek:Plenty of us always thought he was annoying. Great coach, yes. Annoying? Also yes.

and yes he seems to have gone back to praising Agassi and never mentioning the Duck. he's been doing this since Andy fired him. Even with his inane updates on his website, he worships and idolizes Andre still.

Anyway, whatever happened between them, it obviously didn't end nicely... I don't see Brad kissing Andy's ass at all, in fact I think there's a little of the opposite. I mean, pointing out the OBVIOUS - that Andy and Andre's draws are soft - doesn't equal kissing ass. It's the truth, they have easy draws. :scratch:

Dirk
05-24-2005, 04:45 AM
Brad said Andy could make the qrts with Andre. He gave Andy his props but really he can't say too many nice things about Andy on clay. Brad also believed Andy would make the finals of Oz so he doesn't discount Andy. Yeah he might be bitter about being blamed for Andy's terrible year in 04 which netted him 4 titles including a master and a slam final.

tennischick
05-24-2005, 04:52 AM
Debstah you need to re-read my post.

and show me where i did not state that Brad was annoying.

and then show me where i said that he was kissing Andy's ass.

thanks.

Dirk
05-24-2005, 04:57 AM
I would like to know if the Ducks will throw Dean to the wolves if Andy doesn't live up to their expectations this year. Brad really shouldn't be here but he is so we have to make the best of him.

tennischick
05-24-2005, 04:59 AM
I would like to know if the Ducks will throw Dean to the wolves if Andy doesn't live up to their expectations this year. Brad really shouldn't be here but he is so we have to make the best of him.
nah, they will wait until Goldfine let's him go. and then boom! his ass is grass in Duckland. :lol:

JLDementieva
05-24-2005, 05:00 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand Brad Gilbert!

Dirk
05-24-2005, 05:05 AM
I don't think Dean would dump Andy. The job is way too good TC. I think the ducks are starting to realize that Andy is the one to blame for his lack of progress gauged by their high lofty standards. I hope Golovin wins a slam this year or wisn some titles then what will they do? :rolls:

Deboogle!.
05-24-2005, 05:09 AM
and then show me where i said that he was kissing Andy's ass. I was replying to what others had said regarding that. Sorry for the mixup.

User id 7816
05-24-2005, 05:13 AM
From Tennis-X today

"Did anyone else want to knock themselves unconscious on a coffee table to no longer hear ESPN commentator Brad Gilbert go on and on (and on) about Gaston Gaudio's blue socks? Drop it!"

:haha: and I thought our TV had the lamest commentator, I almost wish I could hear some of his commentaries as it looks like hes entertaining

Action Jackson
05-24-2005, 05:18 AM
You are the man Brad Gilbert.

NYCtennisfan
05-24-2005, 05:57 AM
You are the man Brad Gilbert.

Need anything else be said? He knows this himself:)

Action Jackson
05-24-2005, 06:03 AM
Need anything else be said? He knows this himself:)

Well you know it makes sense.

jmp
05-24-2005, 08:31 AM
He, of the "Federer is over-rated" quote right before Wimbledon 2003, does not always know what he is talking about

He knew that was :bs: when he said it. He was trying psychological warfare on the enemy camp. Remember he had just been hired. Part of his strategy is to talk the mild tennis equivalent of smack. ;)

jmp
05-24-2005, 08:40 AM

:aplot: :haha: :haha:

NYCtennisfan
05-24-2005, 08:46 AM
Well you know it makes sense.

But of course:) Brad should release a line of fragrances named "Smugness".

Chloe le Bopper
05-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Brad is nothing compared to Kit whatever the Hell her name is from Cold Pizza. WHY is she there? Shut up, Kit.

BiancaUL
05-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Kit Hoover... the one MTV fame whore who's actually found a decent TV career post Bunim-Murray.

I don't mind her so much since they generally are keeping her on the puff pieces and not actually having her bring her schtick over to actual commentary.

buddyholly
05-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Do you really think ESPN is going to pay one tennis guy in the very high hundred thousands a year, plus perks?

They're stingy all up in that joint, trust me.

Very persuasive. You sure know your facts.

tennisace
05-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Brad is nothing compared to Kit whatever the Hell her name is from Cold Pizza. WHY is she there? Shut up, Kit.

She's there to annoy us even more. They should all shut up.

Action Jackson
05-24-2005, 11:58 AM
But of course:) Brad should release a line of fragrances named "Smugness".

His fragrance is called "Figjam". It means Fuck I am Good Just Ask Me.

euroka1
05-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Talk about Tennis Ugly! Mute button AND channel switch in heavy use here.

buddyholly
05-24-2005, 12:24 PM
And I agree about the socks comment, that should get him fired. He basically called Gaudio a girl.

What's your problem? Blue is for baby BOYS.

BiancaUL
05-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Very persuasive. You sure know your facts.

Chris Berman made around $800,000 last year from most of his ESPN work (He got more from ABC in a seperate deal, I think.).

Harold "I'm on Baseball Tonight every day, 40 weeks a year. Plus I broadcast baseball games too!" Reynolds pulled in around $600,000 from his base contract.

They're not going to pay Brad Gilbert more than either of them for the amount of work he does for them.

mitalidas
05-24-2005, 12:55 PM

I have a hunch (based on nothing of course) that should agassi call it a day this year, the duck will angle for Cahill
The Cahill may take a pass, however

tangerine_dream
05-24-2005, 04:00 PM
As for the Roddick lovefest, he pretty much HAS to do that--ESPN wants to promote tennis through Roddick.
Exactly. Because as we all know, everybody hates Roddick and the idea that Roddick could actually be a great, friendly guy whom people like just wouldn't fly with the masses.

jasmine(usa)
05-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Someone should have told him that Gaudio might wear blue socks because that color is similar to the color in the Argentina flag. :rolleyes: His one slam-wonder comment was terrible. How can he predict that Gaudio who is only 25 won't win RG again especially given that he is now a more confident and consistent player. Why is Brad calling RG action when he himself sucked badly on clay? I could understand Jim Courier calling action but Brad Gilbert???????:yeah:

Tennischick....there are quite a few of us in Duckland that never liked Brad. ;)

the cat
05-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Go Brad Go! :banana: I hope Gilbert has a good French Open. :shout: :D

tennischick
05-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Tennischick....there are quite a few of us in Duckland that never liked Brad. ;)
i do not doubt this. but "hate" is a whole other category of emotion.

Dirk
05-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Yes TC especially given Brad's contribution to Andy's game and career.

jasmine(usa)
05-24-2005, 11:31 PM
i do not doubt this. but "hate" is a whole other category of emotion.True...I don't hate him...I just don't agree with everything he says. ;)

ghost story
05-25-2005, 02:31 AM
I have a hunch (based on nothing of course) that should agassi call it a day this year, the duck will angle for Cahill
The Cahill may take a pass, however

If I remember right, I think I read something around the Aussie Open saying that Roger would also like to have Cahill but since he was with Agassi, he wasn't going to try to 'steal' him away.

I don't have a problem with Brad - I find him amusing and I really can't try to bring him down because . . . well, his book has saved me from losing a lot of matches.

Devotee
05-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Brad Gilbert just said on ESPN that Nadal won Hamburg.

tennischick
05-25-2005, 02:43 PM
...well, his book has saved me from losing a lot of matches.
me too. Winning Ugly is a must read for every club player. i still haven't read the new book but i will one of these days.

the cat
05-25-2005, 04:17 PM
It seems like Brad has some fans at MTF. :) And his winning ugly motto has helped alot of tennis players professional or not. :tennis: And it's helped ping pong players too. ;)

tangerine_dream
05-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Go Brad Go! :banana: I hope Gilbert has a good French Open. :shout: :D
:lol: You must spread some reputation around before giving it to the cat again

the cat
05-25-2005, 05:30 PM
You liked that huh Tangy? ;) Thanks. :) What you posted is just as good as a good rep. ;)