Nice moments at RG opening Day Sunday [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nice moments at RG opening Day Sunday

FrogBurger
05-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Beautiful weather and ice cream at RG today. Saw many of the French Contingent of our Forum today though i dont connect the name with the screan name. Everyone knows who i am i guess. Matches were totally fun. First i watched Clement against Malisse. Clement looked very good and so did Xavier but Xavier had the edge at 6-4. After i watched Stefi Marat Gilles Simon and Justine play and it was a nice moment when Stefi came out though stupidly my camera was not out. i was very far away but i still got a photo of Stephi. im sure you can find good photos of her. Later i watched Conchita and Chanda and i had the most wonderful time watching the two hammers of mens tennis Nestors and Knowles hit the ball with two Argentians whose names i do not know. Addidas was the sponsor today in the Activities center and featured signings by Patty Schnyder Massu the BRYAN BROS Anna-Lena Groenfeld Gonzalez and many other big names. Venus caused quite a comotion and i saw her standing on the a cement exterior above about 100 excited fans. Nobody can get the crowd as excited as the Willams sisters in France, only Marat can compare really.

otherwise rain came down slightly towards evengin but that did not affect the wonderful displayer of Monsour Bahrami Guy Forget Henri Leconte and Cedric Pioline. Naturall Barhamis skills were outstanding. How can he hit so many and so fast serves at the high a percentage? wonderful. After that match i dont think there was anything on the schedule so many people went home. I however wanted to stay and my GFs agreed. we watched Knowles and Nestor play modified singles where they stay in one court and then when they finished we watched I believe it was Scott Draper and two mates playing tennis soccer. Fascinating and highskilled game. It was time to leave and girls wanted a ball and there was one next to the gate so i asked if i could take it and they said now and then we left. Tennis is so fun.

Eve83
05-22-2005, 08:51 PM
I´ve heard Andy had a practice match today...against whom and what was the result and as WTAWORLD is down, did you watch Kim vs. Nastya? If so, please tell us something about the current state of games of both;) Thx

Lady
05-22-2005, 08:51 PM
What was the result of Justine/Steffi/Marat/Gilles matches?
Tell us more about that exo, please!!

FrogBurger
05-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Andy played against Julien Benneteau. Andy beat him. Andy's serve is surprsingly more explosive live as are his all out forehands and they proved too much for him but he frenchman took 4 games i think of the one set to 6 games. Yes i caught a bit of kim and Anastasia. However I had seen both practcing quite a bit so i didnt watch much. I opted for a couple exterior court ladies matches where it wasnt so crowded. Also i was the oldest fan when Patty Schneider signed autographs...hehe.

As for Steffi, first Justine Henin came out. Then they announced Stefi and there was a standing ovation. She is absolutely adorable and i took one picture. Then Marat came out and the Gilles Simon. It was all round feel good. Stefi held her own but when it was her turn to serve im she said to justine oh shit cause she was perhaps rusty with her serves. i think she even double faulted on her first serve of the day. but shen she didnt double fault again and hit some decisive volleys. It was amazing to see play but i think they stopped after eight games. after 2 games they switched and Marat and Simon played together as did Justine and Stefi. Everyone was really happy. it was hard to find a seat but i did and i loved it. My GFs waited for Syril Saulnier for an autograph and they then went to court 18 way in the back and watched mens doubles. they said the guys were all cute with pretty eyes and that they had sexy legs. what can you do. i think one of them fancied an australien with long hair and wearing a gray shirt named Jonathan and a short last name but it doesnt ring a bell. that about sums up the day. OH And lindsay Davenport practiced again today on a small court. She looks great and signed autographs for at least 2 minutes and everyone who had been waiting got one. THANKS LINDSAY! Voila thats about what happened today. tomorrow and tuesday i hope to describe some matches.

silverwhite
05-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks, FrogBurger! Have you seen any Frenchies so far (Eg. Richard or Paulo)? ;)

Eve83
05-22-2005, 09:12 PM
What was the result of Justine/Steffi/Marat/Gilles matches?
Tell us more about that exo, please!!

Don´t know if you know yet but that belgium news-channel has some nice clips of that match. Steffi and Justine won! And she was really cute, like a little child, all the time smiling and totally fascinated by Steffi!

http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm

zondag: 19u...starts around 39th minute!

Lady
05-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Don´t know if you know yet but that belgium news-channel has some nice clips of that match. Steffi and Justine won! And she was really cute, like a little child, all the time smiling and totally fascinated by Steffi!

http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm

zondag: 19u...starts around 39th minute!

Thanks!
I know, that was the 1st thing I kept on checking after 19:00! :angel:

Deboogle!.
05-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks for sharing your day with us, FrogBurger, sounds like it was really a great time!!!!

cobalt60
05-23-2005, 02:45 AM
Thanks Frogburger for the updates. Can't wait to hear more!

Paialii
05-23-2005, 04:01 AM
Thanks for sharing your day with us, FrogBurger, sounds like it was really a great time!!!!

Just replying to say that Deb, I think Andy's hat is cute and unique. No makin' fun of it. :p :wavey:

Deboogle!.
05-23-2005, 04:19 AM
Just replying to say that Deb, I think Andy's hat is cute and unique. No makin' fun of it. :p :wavey::lol: I actually don't mind it that much either... but it seemed like a funny av for a few days ;)

bad gambler
05-23-2005, 05:14 AM
enjoy your time frogster :)

ServeAlready81
05-23-2005, 05:34 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun.