Germany win WORLD TEAM CUP upsetting Argentina in the final! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Germany win WORLD TEAM CUP upsetting Argentina in the final!

Neely
05-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Strong performance from Haas and Waske. Haas played every tie and every doubles. Good performance from Tommy. And finally, Waske, the lowest ranked guy made the difference in doubles play!

Overall this was the 4th World Team Cup win for Germany, the first one since 1998, where already Kiefer and Haas were on the team too.

A very good way to rebound from the pathetic home tournament in Hamburg and the correct answer to give at that time!

No ranking points at offer and they gave everything, I loved that. Certainly a good win for them and I hope this will push them forward in Davis Cup for future.

:bounce:
A really unexpected win for me, I didn't expect that at the beginning of the week or before the final, but these wins are said to be the sweetest ones.
:woohoo:

Time to raise the German flag, that was a great week for German tennis:

http://www.deutsche-schutzgebiete.de/webpages/Deutschlandfahne_.gifhttp://www.deutsche-schutzgebiete.de/webpages/Deutschlandfahne_.gifhttp://www.deutsche-schutzgebiete.de/webpages/Deutschlandfahne_.gifhttp://www.deutsche-schutzgebiete.de/webpages/Deutschlandfahne_.gif

:banana: :D

avocadoe
05-21-2005, 04:26 PM
bravo Germany...did Coria and Canas play bad, or just Haas and Waske too good. A little worried Coria had trouble on serve?

User ID 4783
05-21-2005, 04:28 PM

the doubles match was great :worship:

Bilbo
05-21-2005, 04:34 PM
one hell of a surprise

if i would have known that i would be a rich man right now :rolleyes:

props to mayer. he made it possible with his unbelievable comeback.

Golfnduck
05-21-2005, 04:35 PM
GOOD JOB GERMANY!!!! :bigclap: :woohoo:

DanEd
05-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Haas and Waske is a very strong doubles team. no chance for coria and canas at all.

avocadoe
05-21-2005, 04:36 PM

the doubles match was great :worship:
could you say more, thanks in advance :worship:

Neely
05-21-2005, 04:42 PM
A little worried Coria had trouble on serve?
At the end Coria had more trouble, in the first set it was Canas who was broken twice.

JustmeUK
05-21-2005, 04:44 PM
maybe the german team was more together than the argentinians

Sjengster
05-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Congratulations to Germany, it's a pity for me that the two singles results were the reverse of what I wanted, but it's good for the home team to finally win another title after years of being denied by superior claycourt nations. A nice moment for Waske too, it was evidently sweet revenge on Robredo in yesterday's doubles after choking against him in Hamburg the week before, now he's completed the job and it seems him and Haas are a top doubles pairing. And yes, although Mayer received a drubbing today, it was his squashing of the Frog yesterday that made this win possible!

Neely
05-21-2005, 04:51 PM
maybe the german team was more together than the argentinians
Yes, they seemed to be very together and everybody was enthusiasticly cheering for their teammates (this was already worse in the German team when nobody showed great interest in the matches of his fellow team members) from watching. Nobody was missing.
Germany got the wonder that they needed to win a singles match against Argentina and with the damn strong doubles this week (they only lost the first one in a close affair to the Bryan twins), all of a sudden Germany was in a good position to win the final after getting a singles win which a rational and down-to-eartch person would have hardly expected before. Waske is something like the good soul in the team and it's nice to see for him that he has a success with the team now contributing with his doubles skills because he will probably never ever be a factor in a big singles tournament.

Truc
05-21-2005, 04:52 PM
There is not much to say about the doubles match, avocadoe. Coria and Canas were completely ridiculous. Actually it was quite funny to watch because they were so bad. Everything was awful: serve, return, volley. They just don't know how to play doubles.
But it had nothing to do with Corias shoulder.
It's impossible Coria has a severe problem and plays such a silly match. I was worried too before the match because of his shoulder, but not anymore.

savesthedizzle
05-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Congrats to Germany!

avocadoe
05-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Thanks Truc and Neely...I piece together a picture now :) Hope that gives Tommy a big confidance boost...and glad to hear Coria isn't in trouble...

KarstenBraasch#1
05-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Waske would be tolerable if he got rid of his shirt and his obnoxious friends.

Jogy
05-21-2005, 05:31 PM
I am happy that Germany won and that Haas is the big champ of the week for his country!!!!!!!! Not Schuttler, Kiefer or Mayer win this match against EVER against Gaudio. Only Haas can do that.

Also Germany had good luck with the draw (not Argentina and Chile in group) and Mayer was lucky with his win and Ferrer choked!

Good lesson for Gaudio in this week not to bitch about teammates that win their matches and he blows it. Argentina know before they need win both single matches.

Jogy
05-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Waske would be tolerable if he got rid of his shirt and his obnoxious friends.
you wrong, all other player in german team can learn A LOT from a guy Waske
Waske know what to do to help his team on court and beside court

User ID 4783
05-21-2005, 05:35 PM
There is not much to say about the doubles match, avocadoe. Coria and Canas were completely ridiculous. Actually it was quite funny to watch because they were so bad. Everything was awful: serve, return, volley. They just don't know how to play doubles.
From my point of view, it was great, but I'm biased... it wasn't a high quality match but i'm satisfied with the result

Truc
05-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Haas-Waske played great, that's true.
But I think avocadoe wanted to know why the Argies lost and if this had something to do with an injury, that's why I answered this.
But Haas and Waske were also a great double team during the whole week, of course, and they played really well today.

User ID 4783
05-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Haas-Waske played great, that's true.
But I think avocadoe wanted to know why the Argies lost and if this had something to do with an injury, that's why I answered this.
But Haas and Waske were also a great double team during the whole week, of course, and they played really well today.
alright ;)

Shabazza
05-21-2005, 05:47 PM
finally Germany wins the cup and i couldn't watch it, damn. :mad:
But it's really great guys, they've proven they can do it :yeah:

Space Cowgirl
05-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Super gemacht, Jungs!! :woohoo:

Tommy had a great match against Gaudio, I thought he'd choke when he was serving for the match, but he held on. He played aggressively and came to the net much more frequently than I've seen him do before. Gaudio couldn't really cope with that.

Florian Mayer didn't really have a prayer against Coria, who was able to chase down every ball.

The doubles was much easier won than I expected it would. It really showed that Coria and Canas haven't played much doubles together. Haas and Waske were terrific. I wish they'd pair up a bit more in tournaments, they only seem to play together when it's something like this or the Davis Cup.

The crowd was great as well, very good atmosphere.

Very happy with this result! :D Let's hope at least one of them does well in Paris.

jazz_girl
05-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Congrats to Germany :yeah:
I'm sort of glad I couldn't see the last two matches :lol:

NATAS81
05-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Again, time and time again the softest players have won team events. Not a barometer for success.

JBrocks
05-21-2005, 07:10 PM
good job :clap2:

SwiSha
05-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Again, time and time again the softest players have won team events. Not a barometer for success.

don t hate .... appreciate ;)

Space Cowgirl
05-21-2005, 07:28 PM
oh puh-lease :rolleyes:
Argentina sent its best players. Too bad the Germans were better on the day :D

Björki
05-21-2005, 07:32 PM
congrats to Germany

NATAS81
05-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Good for Haas, he will lose before R32 @ RG.

nermo
05-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Congratulations Germany..really happy for you :) :bigclap:

Toll Deutschland

SwiSha
05-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Good for Haas, he will lose before R32 @ RG.

lol better than PimPim though

Jorge
05-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Glückwünsche Deutschland! :clap2:

NATAS81
05-21-2005, 07:55 PM
lol better than PimPim though
If this were baseball, Pim would be 1.5 games ahead of Haas.

SwiSha
05-21-2005, 07:59 PM
If this were baseball, Pim would be 1.5 games ahead of Haas.

lmao yeah right... just say congrats germany and congrats Haas and leave it that way.. no need to post such comments ... next week u can say what u want bout anyone .. don t hate on someone whot just had success..not necessary ;)

NATAS81
05-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Congrats Haas.. for being 1½ games behind Pim in the European division.

SwiSha
05-21-2005, 08:03 PM
lmao its hopeless with u .. congrats PimPim to an extraordinary clay season ... way 2 go ..i see u became an all around player who can do it on any surface..

NATAS81
05-21-2005, 08:04 PM
That's my swisha.

SwiSha
05-21-2005, 08:05 PM
That's my swisha.

u already know ;)

NATAS81
05-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Scratch my back with a hacksaw.

Jogy
05-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Hey NATAS, you fuck, if somebody deserve to loose money with bets on Argentina to win it is most of all you cheap ass.

NATAS81
05-21-2005, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't be stupid enough to beat on ARG, when the event is in Germany LOL!

Jogy
05-21-2005, 08:13 PM
The event is in Germany all the time and Chile, Spain and Argentina who have good clay player win most of time in past

you dumb loooooooose money on Argentina meaning it is safe money and now you angry because you losed BIG

you cheap bettor! :haha:

NATAS81
05-21-2005, 08:14 PM
I didn't bet on this, lol.

I would bet on Coria/Gaudio to beat Waske/Haas/Kiefer @ RG though.

Jogy
05-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Forget Kiefer and Waske against Coria or Gaudio. Only Haas has chance to win against them, but only against Gaudio. Coria would not loose to Haas.

Waske bad in single match, but he is not soft like you saying, he has a very muscle and solid body and would break you every bone.

NATAS81
05-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Don't you think Haas is better on non-clay?

Jogy
05-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Don't you think Haas is better on non-clay?
Yes. But you said @RG and I gave you answer that only Haas is best German player on clay who can beat one of them: Gaudio

NATAS81
05-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Yeah, Gaudio is the clay Safin.

KoOlMaNsEaN
05-21-2005, 11:20 PM
:D Deutschland :D

JMG
05-22-2005, 12:18 AM
In the few moments I saw this game today, Haas was much better than Waske imo. They should play just one time with Haas/Kiefer to show how good they are together.

Daniel
05-22-2005, 12:38 AM
Argentina :( :(