CORIA HAS AGAIN SHOULDER INJURY? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

CORIA HAS AGAIN SHOULDER INJURY?

CORIAFORNO.1
05-21-2005, 12:21 PM
in his match against mayer and also the match before he put his hand on it when turning the sides and sitting on the bench.
i hope he is not injured again.
someone knows anything?

jazz_girl
05-21-2005, 12:22 PM
When he didn't play against Chile he said that his shoulder was tired. However he beat Mayer 6-1 6-1

*Ljubica*
05-21-2005, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. I've noticed that he seems to do this a lot since the operation last year - maybe just a subconscious reaction because he knows he has had problems in that area before. Once you have had surgery there is a tendancy to feel a little tired and "stiff" sometimes in the area of that surgery, but I'm sure he will be at RG with no problems.

Truc
05-21-2005, 12:39 PM
He obviously has a real problem with his shoulder.
He already said in Hamburg: "My shoulder hurts a bit; I was about to retire after breaking Ancic (3-2) in the second set." And I saw all his matches in Düsseldorf, he kept touching his shoulder and rotating his arm with a worried face. It didn't look good at all.

(It's true he beat Mayer 6-1 6-1, jazzgirl, but Mayer played incredibly bad today, this win doesn't mean anything.)

jazz_girl
05-21-2005, 12:52 PM
If he would feel there's something wrong with his shoulder, he wouldn't have played today. It's an exhibition match, and I highly doubt he would risk this for RG!

Rosa Luxembourg
05-21-2005, 12:56 PM
why is he even playing this useless tournament (no offence to Germans)? :mad: He should be resting it for RG. He won't have anyone to blame but himself if he willhave to withdraw from RG with this injury.

jazz_girl
05-21-2005, 12:58 PM
why is he even playing this useless tournament (no offence to Germans)? :mad: He should be resting it for RG. He won't have anyone to blame but himself if he willhave to withdraw from RG with this injury.
Because they're good for practise. They use the same balls as RG, and they get to "train" with top players. Roddick, Agassi, Nalbandian, etc. are also playing in another exhibition. They get to play, try new things and do all that with no pressure. (and winning some money)

Rosa Luxembourg
05-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Because they're good for practise. They use the same balls as RG, and they get to "train" with top players. Roddick, Agassi, Nalbandian, etc. are also playing in another exhibition. They get to play, try new things and do all that with no pressure. (and winning some money)

no doubt about, but if a player is injured, health becomes a top priority not practicing drop shots, right?

not sure which shoulder is hurting, but even a puff serve motion is not good for it.

jazz_girl
05-21-2005, 01:04 PM
no doubt about, but if a player is injured, health becomes a top priority not practicing drop shots, right?

not sure which shoulder is hurting, but even a puff serve motion is not good for it.
Absolutly! That's why I think he's not injured.

Rosa Luxembourg
05-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Absolutly! That's why I think he's not injured.

well, I hope you're right. :wavey:

Truc
05-21-2005, 02:43 PM
I guess you were right, jazzgirl, because Coria is even playing the doubles now. :rolleyes:

mitalidas
05-21-2005, 03:26 PM

they are paid $$$$

avocadoe
05-21-2005, 04:24 PM
played and lost...so I'm still wondering?

nermo
05-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Played and lost..so i am still wondering?? posted by Avocadoe

We ll only know when he surprises us With a withdraw From RG...but any guesses which Round it ll be?? :fiery: :fiery:

Deboogle!.
05-21-2005, 08:47 PM
:o Doesn't he remember that he had surgery last year? I don't care if he was getting paid money, his best and favorite slam is coming up and he was playing in exhibitions and rubbing his shoulder and he continued to play? Well if he is having shoulder problems again and he did continue to play, then that's just dumb and he deserves whatever the consequences are. But for his sake, I really hope he is not injured again :(

Chloe le Bopper
05-21-2005, 08:53 PM
When he didn't play against Chile he said that his shoulder was tired. However he beat Mayer 6-1 6-1

Which maybe he wouldn't have done had he played against Chile ;)

nermo
05-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Which maybe he wouldn't have done had he played against Chile posted by Chloe

Good point..!! :yeah:

robinhood
05-21-2005, 08:57 PM
And according to another thread, he is participating in an exhibition mixed double set up by Adidas.

Chloe le Bopper
05-21-2005, 09:07 PM
The key word here being exhibition

Even if he wasn't playing that he would be practicing. Probably even if he was a little sore. He can't really afford to just take a week off without picking up a racquet at this point in the season.

Regardless, hopefully he's fine.

alexito
05-22-2005, 02:06 AM
no, all in coria is fake.

gsm
05-22-2005, 03:05 AM
if he does have a sore shoulder , it will be soothed by the knowledge he is up against kenny carlsen in the 1st rd.

Junex
05-22-2005, 07:39 AM

Yes it is exhibition so the pressure of winning is lighter!

Then they were up with good players to practice with in a mock-match...

Plus the greens!....who would not play a pratice exho with a hefty pay?

tennyfan
05-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Alexito - - I suppose Coria's surgery was a fake as well? He had shoulder surgery only 9 months ago. Verkerk also had arthroscopic shoulder surgery on October 12th (2 months after Coria) and he hasn't played a tennis match since, nor is he playing at Roland Garros. Coria has not only been playing tennis this entire season, but he's reached the finals at Monte Carlo and Rome and is 6th in the 2005 Indesit Race. He has also represeted Argentina well this year at Davis Cup (undefeated) and successfully helped his team reach the finals at Hopman Cup and World Team Cup. He's play a lot of tennis this season already. I would find it hard to believe his shoulder is NOT bothering him. Your attitude towards him is immature. YOU are the fake, not Coria, because you refuse to give credit where credit is due.

boliviana
05-23-2005, 01:19 PM
I don't believe all shoulder surgeries are the same . . . Coria's surgery was not highly invasive and involved a tear at the bicep (congenital in origin) . . . so that would explain why he has come back faster than others.

Given how much tennis he has played the last few months, I can't imagine he
wouldn't be experiencing soreness.

What is the big deal?