Safin should pull a Serena trick... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Safin should pull a Serena trick...

Rosa Luxembourg
05-21-2005, 03:16 AM
...i.e. withdraw from RG with an injury (something like brain cramp ;) ) and start preparing for Wimbledon. There is not a chance in the world IMO he could get through QF (which he could reach only if he plays out of his mind).

Fee
05-21-2005, 03:23 AM
lord, I thought you meant he should create a fashion company named Taram.

Rosa Luxembourg
05-21-2005, 03:24 AM

:haha: good one ;)

MisterQ
05-21-2005, 03:26 AM
:lol:

robinhood
05-21-2005, 03:27 AM

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

NYCtennisfan
05-21-2005, 04:21 AM
I think Marat can come up with some high quality designs.

Hoostie
05-21-2005, 04:21 AM

:worship: :haha:

Billy Moonshine
05-21-2005, 04:25 AM
Safin should play RG and win it :)
Unless he plays Guga of course :)

CassL
05-21-2005, 04:36 AM
So you think all the other players who don't make to the quarters should withdraw, too?

martirogi
05-21-2005, 04:58 AM
this is more commonly called the hewitt trick. "sprained ankle" and "broken ribs" are basically the same thing.

Rosa Luxembourg
05-21-2005, 05:04 AM
So you think all the other players who don't make to the quarters should withdraw, too?

no. Some of them will be very happy with reaching 3rd round. I don't think that Safin is one of them.

iliketennis
05-21-2005, 06:29 AM
this is more commonly called the hewitt trick. "sprained ankle" and "broken ribs" are basically the same thing.

"cracked ribs" :p

And I think Lleyton would have every intention of defending his QF points from last year. And Marat has 4th round (?) points to defend. Players don't just willingly give away their rankings ;)

mandoura
05-21-2005, 08:00 AM

http://bestsmileys.com/signs13/20.gif

BelgianWaffle
05-21-2005, 11:57 AM
...i.e. withdraw from RG with an injury (something like brain cramp ;) ) and start preparing for Wimbledon. There is not a chance in the world IMO he could get through QF (which he could reach only if he plays out of his mind).

Are you kidding? :eek: Yeah he's gonna withdraw from his favourite tournament ever to start preparing for the tournament he hates the most :rolleyes:
Marat hasn't shown his best tennis lately but he might just play "out of his mind" and reach those QF, who knows?
And I think you're a bit disrespectful to all other players who will never ever reach the QF at Roland Garros but are still happy to participate.

Meeek
05-21-2005, 12:07 PM
no. Some of them will be very happy with reaching 3rd round. I don't think that Safin is one of them.

You shouldn't think too much.

Action Jackson
05-21-2005, 12:10 PM
You shouldn't think too much.

She never has before and won't start doing that now.

Rosa Luxembourg
05-21-2005, 12:15 PM
And I think you're a bit disrespectful to all other players who will never ever reach the QF at Roland Garros but are still happy to participate.

Yeah, maybe... But we don't talk about players in general here. We talk about Safin. So I don't think Marat is one of the "players" you meant in your post. Especially after reading reports that his recent on-court issues stem from mental exhaustion.

Rosa Luxembourg
05-21-2005, 12:16 PM
She never has before and won't start doing that now.

wow Hitler showed up... everybody march to concentration camps... NOW!

BelgianWaffle
05-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, maybe... But we don't talk about players in general here. We talk about Safin. So I don't think Marat is one of the "players" you meant in your post. Especially after reading reports that his recent on-court issues stem from mental exhaustion.

I think that after 3.5 months of crappy performances his mental exhaustion following his win in Australia should be over ;)
He's going to have to start winning again sometime, and winning a couple of matches at the FO might be the best way to boost his confidence and get back on track. Just skipping it isn't going to help him in any way.

Rosa Luxembourg
05-21-2005, 12:34 PM
I think that after 3.5 months of crappy performances his mental exhaustion following his win in Australia should be over ;)
He's going to have to start winning again sometime, and winning a couple of matches at the FO might be the best way to boost his confidence and get back on track. Just skipping it isn't going to help him in any way.

maybe...

btw, like your sig ;)