Tough Draw for Nadal [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tough Draw for Nadal

mp3junkie
05-20-2005, 09:23 PM
:mad: I am quite upset that they are making the draw unusually difficult for Nadal and so easy for Fedderer. What's up with that? I don't understand. Nadal could potentially play Gasquet in round 3. That's to soon in my inexperienced opinion.

In the end it really doesn't matter who Nadal plays. His game will be on point and will dispatch opponents very quickly. I have no doubt that Nadal will hoist that championship trophy. He will be King of the World. :worship: :worship:

Chloe le Bopper
05-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Look on the bright side - we can't expect them to just hand it to him. At least if he wins nobody can cry that he just got "lucky". Well, unless everybody in his half withdraws, but this is an unlikely circumstance.

Dirk
Federer's draw is not easy. Take a look at Rd 2 and 3rd for him. His 4th rd and his qrts could be tough too.

Chloe le Bopper
btw... why do I see people calling Fed's draw "easy"? :shrug:

Chloe le Bopper
05-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Federer's draw is not easy. Take a look at Rd 2 and 3rd for him. His 4th rd and his qrts could be tough too.
I echoed you :angel:

Dirk
05-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Same with Roger Becca. I am glad he has a few tests in the first week. They will give him the wake up call he needs and make him stronger for the 2nd week should he proceed there.

Dirk
05-20-2005, 09:27 PM
I echoed you :angel:

The only good thing about Roger's draw is if he gets out of it, then he would only have to play either Nadal or Gaudio or Richard and not two or all three of them.

VingaRafel
05-20-2005, 09:51 PM
The way I see it, it's the people on Rafa's path the ones that have to complain about a tough draw. He has proven he can beat just about anyone on clay, so he doesn't have to worry. Rafa is the man to beat. It's the others that need to crap on their pants, starting with Gasquet.

Deboogle!.
05-20-2005, 09:53 PM
:mad: I am quite upset that they are making the draw unusually difficult for Nadal and so easy for Fedderer.Who is "they," exactly? Rafa was the only ATP player who was actually at the draw - so if he has anyone to blame, it's himself?! :haha:In the end it really doesn't matter who Nadal plays.Then what's the point of this thread? :scratch: He will be King of the World. :worship: :worship:Leo DiCaprio might disagree :p:rolls:

Neumann
05-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah mp3junkie, I think you are overreacting a little bit. I'd rather Coria's draw to my beloved Nadal ;) , but it is not such a bad draw. He starts with Lars, with whom he shouldn't have problems, and then Malisse, wich is going to be tougher, but he can deal with him too (althoug after MC Malisse said that he had learned how to play Rafa :( ).

I don't like Gasquet in the third round at all :sad: , but there was one chance out of eight which for me was likely enough not to call it bad luck :angel: . And I think after his rest, and if he keeps up the level, he will be the favorite in that match for me.

Then Stepanek/Grosjean is not that difficult and then he would have reached the QF in a Grand Slam so Gaudio, Federer and Coria is nothing out of common on clay :cool: .

On the whole I don't think he has been lucky, but neither unlucky. Although I have to admit that with this draw for me the favorites are Coria and Federer (whom I think didn't get an easy draw either, but he is more consistent).

Anyways, good luck Nadal and, as you said, just enjoy this big tournament :wavey: !!

El Legenda
05-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Time for him to prove he is the best on clay...no reason to bitch about the draw.

joie
05-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Good luck Rafa :) Look, I know its nice to have a few easy rounds but seriously, if a player is to win, they have to beat everyone ahead, so, I am just wishing that he stays healthy.

And, yes Becs (couldn't rep you over yonder), I am a fan, since last years RG really. I really like his ass, i mean game :p

mp3junkie
05-20-2005, 10:16 PM
The way I see it, it's the people on Rafa's path the ones that have to complain about a tough draw. He has proven he can beat just about anyone on clay, so he doesn't have to worry. Rafa is the man to beat. It's the others that need to crap on their pants, starting with Gasquet.

You make a very good point. I didn't think about it that way. Thanks!!!! That makes me a little happier. :bounce:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
05-20-2005, 10:19 PM
nadal fans are only afraid of richi :smash:

mp3junkie
Who is "they," exactly? Rafa was the only ATP player who was actually at the draw - so if he has anyone to blame, it's himself?! :haha:Then what's the point of this thread? :scratch: Leo DiCaprio might disagree :p:rolls:

My word, why did you have to dissect my post to the fullest? It's just a damn post. It's not a dissertation. Your Leo comment was funny though. :lol:

Pea
If Fed ever gets an easy draw, you have the right to complain.:-/

Deboogle!.
05-20-2005, 10:21 PM
My word, why did you have to dissect my post to the fullest. It's just a damn post. It's not a dissertation. Your Leo comment was funny though. :lol:I was just being sarcastic :o Apparently that's not appreciated here anymore :( Sorry, I thought the emoticons would make it apparent.

mp3junkie
05-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Time for him to prove he is the best on clay...no reason to bitch about the draw.

Hasn't he proved it already?

El Legenda
05-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Hasn't he proved it already?

This is the big one ;)

Clara Bow
05-20-2005, 10:51 PM
One of my big worries about Nadal in his match against Gasquet (outside of Richard's talent of course) is the crowd. I am expecting that they will be of course be very vocal in support of Gasquet and possibly quite vocal in their non-support of Nadal. (Not necessarily out of spite but just because they really will want Richard to win.) But will be a great match.

As others have said, one great thing about Nadal having to play some tough matches through the tournament is that if he wins it that will make the story even that much better.

gogo_guga
05-20-2005, 11:07 PM
I honestly don't think that Nadal's draw is difficult at all, I am 100% sure that he will cruise through. Roger on the other hand, has a very tough draw.

Scotso
05-21-2005, 02:18 AM
nadal fans are only afraid of richi :smash:

I'm not.

I don't think Nadal's draw is tough until the semifinals... if he plays Roger there.

Other than that, I don't see many players even near his calibre on clay.

Chloe le Bopper
05-21-2005, 05:54 AM

And, yes Becs (couldn't rep you over yonder), I am a fan, since last years RG really. I really like his ass, i mean game :p

:o

Devious.

Deivid23
05-21-2005, 06:42 AM
I like the draw for Nadal, if he wants to win there he must win the best players so it will be a nice challenge. I just wanted him to have a couple of easy two first rounds in order to get some experience there and save some fuel. He should be ready for Richard on 3rd in what will be a great match and if he gets the win, 4th round against Stepanjerk / Mónaco / Pavel / Grosjean should be an easier task.

Best of luck for him :yeah:

Cervantes
05-21-2005, 08:19 AM
I think Coria is the only one happy with this draw. All competition for the title is on the other side of the draw, I think out of the top 8 favorites for the title 6-7 are in the upper half.