Bonne Chance à Roland Garros, Carlitos! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bonne Chance à Roland Garros, Carlitos!

Jorge
05-20-2005, 06:27 PM
It's a ultra-hard draw but we trust you Carlitos. Good Luck, Buena Suerte. Bon Fortuna, Amunt Carles!
:banana:

1st round vs Beto Martín. It's a tough rival but Carlos used to beat him in the recent past.
:cool:

Carlita
05-20-2005, 07:40 PM
¡VAMOOOS CARLITOOOS!
http://smileys.******************/cat/18/18_1_103v.gifhttp://smileys.******************/cat/18/18_1_103v.gifhttp://smileys.******************/cat/18/18_1_103v.gif

yvonne427005
05-21-2005, 03:48 AM
:woohoo::woohoo:come on!come on! :worship: :worship: :worship:

claudine140
05-21-2005, 07:23 AM
indeed but when moya his shoulder is OK he will beat Martin
But Federer?????? i hope moya can reach the fourth round and than we'll see

Carlita
05-21-2005, 09:44 AM
:worship: I'll be happy when he gets to Federer!!! If he does, he must be playing fine. Now I think back to Houston 2004...when Charly almost beat Rogi....this is the RED stuff!!! :yeah: I'd say, if Charly plays well, adios Rogi!!! :angel:

but please, lets take one round at a time!! Don't underestimate anyone!!!

zethand
05-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Vamos Carlos!
You can beat anyone! You are the best! And you have a this power to make a good tournament! Vamos Vamos Vamos!!! :)

PaulieM
05-22-2005, 12:28 AM
i'm so happy that he's playing!! Good luck :hug:

Carlita
05-22-2005, 04:06 PM
:woohoo: Carlitos plays the first match on Court 2 on Monday!!

VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS :bounce:

Jogg
05-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Go Carlos :bounce: lots of good luck to him

Blanco y Negro
05-23-2005, 08:52 AM
Carlita,

How is Carlos' shoulder? Will he be 100%?

Neely
05-23-2005, 10:05 AM
:woohoo: Good luck, Carlos!!!!!!! :banana:

VAMOS! You can do it! :yeah:

Jorge
05-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Carlitos wins! :bounce:

He has defeated Beto Martín 5-7 6-1 6-4 6-2

I dunno how is his shoulder because here the match wasn't broadcasted. Instead that ESPN (latin-america edition) has aired a very boring match: Grosjean vs Mónaco :zzz:
So if somebody did see the match I would appreciate if he/she could give us some review. Anyway considering the stats and the final score seems Carlos is fine. :yeah:

Neely
05-23-2005, 01:00 PM
YES, Carlos!
I was scared when he lost the first set, but very glad about the later outcome!

VAMOS! :woohoo:

:bounce:

@Jorge
I also couldn't see the match because in Germany we had a (boring and non-eventful) WTA match between Davenport and Srebotnik :banghead: :banghead:

Jorge
05-23-2005, 01:24 PM
YES, Carlos!
I was scared when he lost the first set, but very glad about the later outcome!

VAMOS! :woohoo:

:bounce:

@Jorge
I also couldn't see the match because in Germany we had a (boring and non-eventful) WTA match between Davenport and Srebotnik :banghead: :banghead:
at least Lindsay is No.1 ;) It couldn't be more boring than Mónaco vs Grosjean. One fact: the 1st game of the 2nd set lasted 21 min!!!! just one single game!!! and not because they've played great tennis but mainly due gross mistakes! :o
The complete match lasted 3 hours :zzz: and Grosjean won in straight sets! I don't want to imagine 5 sets between them. Not healthy! :p

zethand
05-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Well done Carlos! :)
Vamos Vamos
You are the best!

Jorge
05-23-2005, 01:57 PM
BTW his next rival is Robin Vik.
Buena Suerte, Carlos :)

snaillyyy
05-23-2005, 05:29 PM
http://www.dyelle-online.de/smilies.pixeltrends.de/downloads/party-Dateien/party_18.gif http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/cheerleader.gif http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/cheerleader.gif

Well done Carlos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jogg
05-23-2005, 07:45 PM
well done Carlos :D :bounce:

Carlita
05-23-2005, 08:07 PM
:woohoo: CARLITOOOOOOOOS :hug: well done sweetie!!! (just lose the green shirt....me no like :o )

PaulieM
05-24-2005, 07:24 PM
congrats on a good win yesterday, martin's no pushover. wasn't really a fan of the green shirt either, but charly looks hot in anything. keep up the good work, you can do it!!! :bounce:

zethand
05-24-2005, 08:23 PM
His next match is gonna be tough... Vik has played a lot of matches on those courts..
Vamos Carlos! Tu puedes! Eres el mejor! :)

claudine140
05-25-2005, 07:47 AM
good luck moyke!!!

when does flavia plays, can not find her in the shedule from wednesday

claudine140
05-25-2005, 07:51 AM
His next match is gonna be tough... Vik has played a lot of matches on those courts..
Vamos Carlos! Tu puedes! Eres el mejor! :)

who the hell is robin vik, can not even find him in the atp player info!!!

Carlita
05-25-2005, 03:13 PM
:smash: CARLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS !! :fiery: Get your act together !!!! WHAT are you doing?!?!?! :confused:

VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS :bounce:

Flavia has finished her match...so maybe if she shows up...he might ACTUALLY start playing! :rolleyes:

Jorge
05-25-2005, 03:18 PM
:smash: CARLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS !! :fiery: Get your act together !!!! WHAT are you doing?!?!?! :confused:

VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS :bounce:

Flavia has finished her match...so maybe if she shows up...he might ACTUALLY start playing! :rolleyes:
luckyly Carlos wins 7-6(6) the 1st set but he missed two set points at 5-4 and serving for the set.
BTW I dunno if his shoulder is still not yet fully recovered but Carlos has served like Dementieva sometimes (under 100 km/h) if the data is right :eek:

Jorge
05-25-2005, 04:21 PM
and now Vik wins the 2nd set 7-6(4). I am gettin worried :confused:

obviously Carlos is not at his 100% maybe not even at his 50% otherwise he wouldn't have so many problems against some Mr. Nobody like Robin Vik is.
Anyway I want Carlitos to reach the 4th round and to face Federer (no matters if he loses if fights hard). I think 4th round is all what he could achieve this year, but first let's hope he could pull out this one.

Carlita
05-25-2005, 04:27 PM
okay Jorge.....I'll worry with you.....:scared:

CARLITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: come on now!!!! go baby go!!!

Jorge
05-25-2005, 04:55 PM
less worried but still worried. Carlitos wins 3rd set 6-3

Hopefully carlos could close it in 4. I don't want to see some unknown player winning 15 min of glory by beating Carlos like Nieminen yesterday after beating Agassi; Carlos doesn't deserves that, that is a very sad exit from RG, he deserves to lose (If he is going to lose as seems evident) vs some top ten like Federer or Nadal.

c'mon carlos, finish it in 4 plz!

Jorge
05-25-2005, 05:20 PM
finally Carles wins 7-6(6) 6-7(4) 6-3 6-1 phewww!!! I never thought this Robin Vik could be so complicate to beat for Carles.
Next rival is Fernando Vicente, Even with this level Carlos should beat Fernando and then to face more likely, Roger.

Good Luck Carlos, keep winning and keep improving your game, you'll need it vs Federer if you face him.

Carlita
05-25-2005, 05:40 PM
ooooooooooooooooh :woohoo: i just got back from dinner....thank you carlos for finally winning this match:worship:

zethand
05-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Super Carlos!
Estamos felices o no? :)

claudine140
05-25-2005, 08:55 PM
i think moya is struggling with his shoulder again. He could not give any speed to his serve.
why??? painfull shoulder or just worried and try to take care of his shoulder???

ghost story
05-25-2005, 11:25 PM
I couldn't see the match but . . . I would think that he just tweaked it a bit today. So instead of serving at 100% and injuring the shoulder more, he took it down a few notches and he'll be able to serve for another day. ;)

Carolinita
05-26-2005, 01:06 AM
I hope his shoulder is ok for tomorrow! Although Vicente isn't too dangerous rival, I think

Ti-Anne
05-26-2005, 07:14 AM
I hope his shoulder is ok for tomorrow! Although Vicente isn't too dangerous rival, I think

By the look of it, no. Charly just wiped him out last year, remember ? :lol:

VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOS CARINO !!! :bounce:

Carlita
05-26-2005, 07:54 AM
:eek: oh nooooooooo !! Not Fer again?????????? Poor Carlos! He hates to play his friend!!! Good luck Charlyyyyyy:bounce:

Jorge
05-26-2005, 04:11 PM
:eek: oh nooooooooo !! Not Fer again?????????? Poor Carlos! He hates to play his friend!!! Good luck Charlyyyyyy:bounce:
are u kidding Carlita? Carlos loves to face Fernando, he's 11-0 vs Vicente :devil:

But tomorrow I guess will be harder than other times, how's Carlo's shoulder recovering? :confused:

Carlita
05-26-2005, 06:40 PM
are u kidding Carlita? Carlos loves to face Fernando, he's 11-0 vs Vicente :devil: I wasn't talking about the head to head.... Carlos hates to have to play his good friends! Look last year...he kicked Fer's ass! But looked like he lost! :p

Carolinita
05-27-2005, 05:23 AM
I don't think Carlos will have troubles against his friend ;)

Carlita
05-27-2005, 07:48 AM
:) of course he won't!! (unless the shoulder gives up.....) But just remember how he looked last year....like he lost :awww: ooh I won.....:lol:

VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!:yippee: I hope he's awake at this hour :haha::zzz:

AtypicalMale
05-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Yaaay!! Yaaay! Moya up 2 sets to none. 3rd set, receiving serve, up 15-40, midway through the set, and BLOWS it. Does the SAME THING in the next game. And in yet another game, he has FOUR game/set/MATCH points, and blows THEM!!! Let's lose the 3rd set, 7-3 in a tiebreak.

Talk about NOT closing out the deal... jeezus, what a choke. :mad: :mad:

Carlita
05-27-2005, 01:13 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing:

oooooooh pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

sending good vibes to Charly's shoulder!!!!! :bounce:

and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

:worship: pffffffff!!! Roger will be soooooo tough!!!!! :hug: to Carlos!!!! :smooch:

Neely
05-27-2005, 02:18 PM
what a scare when I saw the match on the scoreboard :( :(

but even more glad that Carlos still could win it! :yeah: :clap2:

Vamos Carlos, now lets concentrate all energy on beating Federer! :) :woohoo:

MajorcanBoy89
05-27-2005, 02:53 PM
IF CARLOS DIDN'T HAVE SHOULDER TROUBLES WON EASILY

I saw 3rd, 4th and 5th set on Tv and Carlos leads easily until failed 4 MP's at tenth game at 3rd set (longer game, 18 points), Carlos was winning 64 76 54, but after that his shoulder had him troubles and at 4th Carlos didn't serve well, the doctor went help him 3 times at 4th set.

Then Vicente started so well but Carlos give up 5-2 and 40-15 serving, but he lost 2 more MP's. More scare, 5-4 and Carlos down on his serve 15-40... But 4 points in a row take the match for Carlos.

Every carlos' match is a thriller for him, he cannot serve at 100% and if the macth is long his game is lower.

I think that Carlos has done all that him could do here. All that do now, is good. But I think that Federer will beat him in straight sets.

BUT I WANT THAT CARLOS WIN!

Jorge
05-27-2005, 03:35 PM
well I am already satisfied with Carles's Performance at Paris considering how bad is his shoulder.
I Won't be too disappointed if he loses to Roger, But if he wins... that would be great!

well done Carlitos, Felicitats! :)

Neely
05-27-2005, 04:07 PM
yeah, regarding the description that Carlos couldn't serve well (I did see nothing of the match myself, so I have to rely on what other people are saying) it looks quite bad if you are looking forward to his match with Federer. I fear he won't have a chance?! :shrug:

Okay, I'll hope for a miracle.... ;)

Nathy
05-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Carlitos's shoulder was hurting so that he couldn't serve well for the last 2 sets... He dropped the fourth one to reste his shoulder so that in the fifth set he could win the game! I'm really proud of what he did coz' he's not that well this year in Roland Garros but his mind doesn't fail! Whatever will happen against Federer, he can be proud of what he did today!

Jorge
05-27-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm getting afraid about a possible withdrawal by Carlos if his shoulder doesn't gets better :scared:

Carlita
05-27-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm getting afraid about a possible withdrawal by Carlos if his shoulder doesn't gets better :scared::hug: don't be afraid!!! I'm sure he'll at least try....if it's not feeling good, he'll give up.

Stay positive here!!! :bounce: VAMOS CARLITOS!!! and a big :kiss: on his shoulder;)

Eruwen
05-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Good luck against Roger Carlos! :bounce: It's not impossible!

RogiFan88
05-27-2005, 08:33 PM
No I don't want Carlos to w/d now! Unless his shoulder is really bad, I think he s just try and play...

claudine140
05-27-2005, 10:03 PM
moya said in interview he has no pain at his shoulder, but the muscles around his shoulder are asked too much effort. They must work too hard. and he can not serve and hit forhands for 100%
But moya fought and won
sunday is another day, moya goes for treatment in the coming days .
his girlfriend lost in three sets

Nathy
05-28-2005, 12:15 AM
No I don't want Carlos to w/d now!

Neither me! The game Federer - Moya I've been expecting it soooo much that now it will take place on Sunday he cannot give up. But as claudine said it's because his muscles are asked too much effort... What is worrinying is that he said today this problem began two weeks ago :sad: Hope he'll be fine Sunday so that the game against Roger will be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!!!

I love you both Roger and Carlitos!!!

zethand
05-28-2005, 04:56 AM
It´s gonna be a great match!!! :)

Jogg
05-28-2005, 12:43 PM
omg carlos :hug: hope his shoulder is ok

Good luck against Fed :yeah: you can do it :bounce:

claudine140
05-29-2005, 06:39 AM
good luck moya, the match is on susuan lenglen, isn't that the court where many favorites looses???

Neely
05-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Okay, things are looking just too easy for Roger... :shrug:

bad luck Carlos :sad: :hug:

Carlita
05-29-2005, 04:46 PM
:hug: poor Charly!!:hug: Hope you're better soon :hug:

If he hadnt had his shoulderproblem, Roger wouldn't have won that easily! :sad:

Eruwen
05-29-2005, 05:01 PM
If he hadnt had his shoulderproblem, Roger wouldn't have won that easily! :sad: I agree! It would've been MUCH closer, possibly even another outcome!

Please recover soon Carlos! :hug:

Jorge
05-29-2005, 05:09 PM
well I am not too sad because I knew Roger would win this one. Better to look forward, Better luck at Wimbledon Carles, let's hope you could be totally recovered by then.
:yeah:

Carlita
05-29-2005, 05:11 PM
hmm i sincerely doubt if Roger would have won......had moya been 100% healthy! :rolleyes: He almost got him on hardcourt last time, and this being clay...

WANTED: NEW SHOULDER FOR CARLITOS, GRACIAS:angel:
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/ROG164052912_lower.jpg:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Eruwen
05-29-2005, 07:14 PM
well I am not too sad because I knew Roger would win this one. Better to look forward, Better luck at Wimbledon Carles, let's hope you could be totally recovered by then.
:yeah: Are you psychic then? :lol: Cause if it's one thing I know about tennis... it's that you can never predict the outcome of a match!

Jorge
05-30-2005, 02:38 AM
Are you psychic then? :lol: Cause if it's one thing I know about tennis... it's that you can never predict the outcome of a match!
of course I am not psychic but everyone knows that in order to beat Federer you have to be at you 100% and Carles sadly was just at his 50% or so.
Did you see his match vs Vicente? for me after watching that match (part) it was obvious that he wouldn't beat Roger. Carles was serving unusually slow and his groundstrokes weren't as strong and decisive as usual.

Bad Luck to have face Roger in this round but at least Carlitos have defended last year points when he reached 4th round too, so he won't drop more places in the entry ranking.

finally I repeat, I hope Carles could rest the next 3 weeks in order to get healed his shoulder before Wimbledon. We all know that Moyà at his 100% is a great player and a dangerous rival for everyone out there.

Bona sort Carles!! Vinga Xaval a guanyar Wimbledon! :cool:

Eruwen
05-30-2005, 09:30 AM
of course I am not psychic but everyone knows that in order to beat Federer you have to be at you 100% and Carles sadly was just at his 50% or so.
Did you see his match vs Vicente? for me after watching that match (part) it was obvious that he wouldn't beat Roger. Carles was serving unusually slow and his groundstrokes weren't as strong and decisive as usual. Ah ok, I thought you meant that Roger would win easily too if Carlos was 100%... Glad you don't! ;)

Deco
05-30-2005, 06:56 PM
I read in a newspaper that Carlos won't play in the grass-season, that an surgery is necessary actually but that Carlos doesn't want one because he's afraid he'll have to stop his carriere then... so he let his shoulder rest, and won't play wimbledon

:eek: :sad: :hug: CARLOOOOOS:hug::hug:

Ti-Anne
05-30-2005, 08:17 PM
I read in a newspaper that Carlos won't play in the grass-season, that an surgery is necessary actually but that Carlos doesn't want one because he's afraid he'll have to stop his carriere then... so he let his shoulder rest, and won't play wimbledon

OMG if this is true, it's really sad, sad news... :sad:

I'm not prepared yet to hear Carlitos is stopping his career !! :awww:

I hope it's not gonna be that bad ! If there is a tennis god, please help him go through this, the great champion Carlos is doesn't deserve to leave the courts this way ! :tears:

Oh boohoohoo :bigcry:

Nathy
05-30-2005, 08:55 PM
hmm i sincerely doubt if Roger would have won......had moya been 100% healthy! :rolleyes: He almost got him on hardcourt last time, and this being clay...

WANTED: NEW SHOULDER FOR CARLITOS, GRACIAS:angel:
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/ROG164052912_lower.jpg:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

It hurts me so to see him suffer :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

My poor Carlitos :hug:

If I could I would offer him my shoulder!!!!!!!

Nathy
05-30-2005, 08:57 PM

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :sad: :sad: :sad: Don't stop playing Carlitos mio :sad: :sad: :sad: You make my days beautiful I don't want tennis to lose such a champion :sad:

Carlita
05-30-2005, 10:15 PM
:sad: please no.....:sad:

Nathy
05-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Don't give up Carlitos! We are and always be with you to support you! please don't leave the tennis world, please don't!

lollybop
05-31-2005, 03:01 AM
actually i read in Marca that carlos said he looks a surgery like something far and only if it really necesary. I'm not good translating to english, but i leave you the link:
http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,637350,00.html

Jorge
05-31-2005, 06:34 AM
Thanx for the link, lollybop. In the own words of Carles he sees the surgery as something quite distant and just like the last option.

so again. DON'T PUSH THE PANIC BUTTON!

Certainly Carles won't be at any of the pre-wimbledon tourneys but his presence at Wimbledon hasn't been cancelled at all so far.

I'm optimistic after reading this article and a couple more. I think Carlitos will rest 3 weeks and then he'll be ready for Wimbledon. I hope so :)

Carlita
05-31-2005, 07:50 AM
:D Thanks Jorge! Let's hope he doesn't need the surgery..... and will play for a long time!!!

Get a good rest Charly! :hug:

Ti-Anne
05-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah, just take all the time off you need, sweet Carlitos !! We want you back to the courts in tip-top shape and happy !

Nathy
05-31-2005, 04:37 PM
We want to see him at Wimby so God please bless Carlos' shoulder

Jogg
06-03-2005, 10:22 PM
get well soon carlos :hug:
i was really proud of him at RG against Fed

Carlita
06-03-2005, 10:25 PM
get well soon carlos :hug:
i was really proud of him at RG against Fedyeah me too :hug: He could have given up...but he played the entire match. :worship:

I wonder if he comes back to Paris to watch his friend play the RG final???:) Probably not, but who knows...