Jose Acasuso ARG
vs.
Max Mirnyi BLR

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA
vs.
Andy Roddick USA (2)

kiwifan80
05-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Well I guess there's no such thing as an easy draw at these Grand slam events. Have no clue how Karlovic is playing but I don't think he will be a problem on clay.

Good Luck on Tuesday Kiwi!!!!!!!

Neely
05-22-2005, 03:40 PM
At least he doesn't face Federer or Coria in the 2nd round, so that's draw-wise already a big improvement IMO ;)

Karlovic is 6'10" and has a very dangerious serve, even on clay. But in good form last year, Kiwi has already beaten him on a faster surface (taking a tiebreak and a set at love) and Karlovic's movement and ability on clay are very much limited. Also Karlovic kind of sucks this year so far.

Karlovic vs Kiefer: It simply has to be regarded as a must-win match for Kiwi

kiwifan80
05-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the info Neely:) I totally agree, especially since Kiwi has played pretty well during the claycourt season(not including his last match) imo

kek
05-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Nicolas is in a section of the draw that isn't all clay courters. He has a chance to win a couple of matches if he keeps his head together and play.

kfh_9118
05-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Good luck Kiwi :)

First round: a must-win match

Neely
05-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Damn, do I have to be worried? :confused:
Somebody in Kiwi's guestbook who probably was around the courts on Sunday said that Kiwi lost a practice set to Jonas Björkman 1:6 and that he didn't put too much effort into this match... I hope it's not a bad sign for what will happen tomorrow and that Kiwi is in good mood for his match against Karlovic. He really has to, if he doesn't return well and finds no way to pass Karlovic at the net, it could get ugly, but I hope not so!

JMG
05-23-2005, 05:07 PM
That's practice. Gasquet also lost to Lopez. He would never lose a set against Björkman on clay. ;)

Does Eurosport show in every country the same matches like it was in Melbourne? If so, we have to wait for a Kiefer/Clement match to see something of him I fear.

kiwifan80
05-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Somebody in Kiwi's guestbook who probably was around the courts on Sunday said that Kiwi lost a practice set to Jonas Björkman 1:6 and that he didn't put too much effort into this match... I hope it's not a bad sign for what will happen tomorrow and that Kiwi is in good mood for his match against Karlovic. He really has to, if he doesn't return well and finds no way to pass Karlovic at the net, it could get ugly, but I hope not so!

Yeah, that makes me a bit nervous aswell. Hopefully, that was just a one-time thing :rolleyes:

Good Luck Tomorrow!!!!!!!

Neely
05-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Kiwi's match tomorrow is scheduled third on court #5.

I don't think Eurosport is going to show us something from there, I don't even know if a broadcast from there would be possible?! :shrug:

Tennisqueen
05-23-2005, 07:56 PM

I read it, too... but I think he has a good chance to win...We'll see!
GO KIWI!!! :woohoo:

knight_ley
05-23-2005, 09:58 PM
good luck tomorrow kiwi :bounce:

Neely
05-24-2005, 02:21 PM
well done, Kiwi!

6-3 6-3 6-4 against Karlovic, looked pretty routine from the scoreboard!

into the 2nd round now :yeah:

JMG
05-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Well done! :cool:

I'm looking forward to a very special 3rd round match.

knight_ley
05-24-2005, 09:19 PM
good strong win Kiwi :bounce: keep it up!

kiwifan80
05-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Very good win, as it should be :) Glad he didn't have trouble w/ this match other-wise there'd be reason for consern

zethand
05-24-2005, 11:37 PM
I like when Kiefer wins...:)

knight_ley
05-24-2005, 11:40 PM
I like when Kiefer wins...:)

:) that makes two of us :yeah:

JMG
05-25-2005, 03:34 PM
CHATRIER 11:00 Start

Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Guillermo Coria (ARG)[8] vs. Novak Djokovic (SCG)

followed by
Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Aravane Rezai (FRA) vs. Maria Sharapova (RUS)[2]

Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Arnaud Clement (FRA) vs. Nicolas Kiefer (GER)[28]

Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Nathalie Dechy (FRA)[13] vs. Samantha Stosur (AUS)

:eek: Center Court match! But most of the match we won't see cause of the fucking Giro.

Neely
05-25-2005, 10:10 PM
The only chance to maximise the broadcasting time of Kiwi's match for us is that Coria wins in 90 minutes and that Sharapova win in 60 minutes. The worst would be if these would be two long matches and Kiwi's match started exactly at the time they want to show the fucking Giro. :o :banghead:

knight_ley
05-26-2005, 02:16 AM
Coverage in the US starts at 10am on ESPN2 ( for those of us without espn classic :mad: ) so hopefully we'll get to see some Kiwi too :yeah:

Neely
05-26-2005, 12:35 PM
nice one, worst case scenario for us.... Sharapova's match ends EXACTLY at the time Eurosport switches over the fucking Giro, unbelievable our luck! :(

so we will get to see Kiwi the least possible time :banghead:

kfh_9118
05-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Who is Giro? :confused:

Neely
05-26-2005, 04:58 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS KIWI!!!!!!!!!!

Kiefer def. Clément 4-6 6-2 6-2 4-6 6-4 :worship:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:banana:

That's the first time he is in the third round in Roland Garros! :yeah:

Neely
05-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Who is Giro? :confused:
that's the Giro d'Italia, cycling race :o

zethand
05-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Kiwi :) You made me happy!!!
Well done against Clément!

knight_ley
05-26-2005, 07:54 PM
:woohoo: Kiwi :woohoo:

I'm so proud of him!!!!!!

knight_ley
05-26-2005, 08:34 PM
:wavey: Hey guys!!!!!!!!!! Here are some pictures from Kiwi's win today :) :devil:

He is soooo sweet in these pix! :angel: I love his hair coming out from his cap :inlove:

Good work Kiwi!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

JMG
05-26-2005, 08:35 PM
You can’t imagine a more enjoyable win than Kiwi got today. The quality of the match wasn’t very high, because Clement played most of the time slow and boring tennis and Kiwi is not the best player against these kind of players. Just remember last years match Clement-Santoro which looked most of the time like a WTA match.

And today it was also fun to watch and nice to see how Kiwi could handle the pressure and the boos. That was exactly the behaviour I love to see when I watch Kiefer.
:yeah:
But I think he has to improve a lot to have a chance against Andreev. It looks to me like 30/70 match and Andreev had even more winners and less unforced errors than Jarkko today, which shows how strong he is. It’s just my opinion that Andreev is classes above Clement.

JMG
05-26-2005, 08:38 PM
I think he has one of the most good-looking shirts at the moment on the tour.

knight_ley
05-26-2005, 09:24 PM
They were booing him? Were they being very mean to him, or just like... cheering against him?

kiwifan80
05-26-2005, 10:15 PM
OMG What a crazy match. He actually was down 5-0 (I think) in the 4th set and came back to 4-5. But couldn't hold serve. Amazing effort KIWI!!!!!!!!!!!

kiwifan80
05-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the pics

Neely
05-26-2005, 10:45 PM
They were booing him? Were they being very mean to him, or just like... cheering against him?
They were booing him and quite mean to him and they didn't only cheer for Clément, but rather against Kiwi. But IMO it's to a very big part his own fault, I think he (intentionally or not) egged on the crowd with some of his emotions and he had gestures, C'MONs and fist pumps on celebrating some points. The people probably must have thought it's only show or fake to piss them off because he wanted to show off his good points he made against a French player. And not to forget... he also sweared at bad points and he threw his racket :yawn: ;)
I'm sure he could/should have solved it better and such behaviour can make you lose badly as well (remember so many times he was upset about something and lost?), but at this day it was his way to protect himself from 14000 people against him and I'm still very glad that he could withstand the pressure and WON.

However, the final point, his first match point was beautifully played at the end and before it was a long rally. After Kiwi won I couldn't hear a c'mon, but he raised his arms towards his box in the stands. This was a great picture :)

Against Andreev, I normally see the end coming because Andreev is a very good and agressive player when he has a good day. But maybe a miracle happens! :)

knight_ley
05-26-2005, 11:29 PM
They were booing him and quite mean to him and they didn't only cheer for Clément, but rather against Kiwi. But IMO it's to a very big part his own fault, I think he (intentionally or not) egged on the crowd with some of his emotions and he had gestures, C'MONs and fist pumps on celebrating some points. The people probably must have thought it's only show or fake to piss them off because he wanted to show off his good points he made against a French player. And not to forget... he also sweared at bad points and he threw his racket :yawn: ;)
I'm sure he could/should have solved it better and such behaviour can make you lose badly as well (remember so many times he was upset about something and lost?), but at this day it was his way to protect himself from 14000 people against him and I'm still very glad that he could withstand the pressure and WON.

However, the final point, his first match point was beautifully played at the end and before it was a long rally. After Kiwi won I couldn't hear a c'mon, but he raised his arms towards his box in the stands. This was a great picture :)

Against Andreev, I normally see the end coming because Andreev is a very good and agressive player when he has a good day. But maybe a miracle happens! :)

I saw the attacks on him over in GM :rolleyes: It sounds to me like it was a pretty well behaved match for Kiwi seeing things he likes to do sometimes :lol: People just look for any reason to attack him, which is something I don't understand. He's always been like this, so why is it a big deal now. *sigh*

I am SOOO happy he held himself together and won it. I was excited he won just for the win, but to then find out how the crowd was to him I am amazed he came back and won it. Normally he loses his brain -- as you know :lol:

As far as Andreev is concerned, I'm pulling for a miracle ;) :angel:

:woohoo:

Neely
05-26-2005, 11:53 PM
After match oncourt interview of Kiwi with the interviewer of the French TV station that broadcasts from the tournament.

http://roland-garros.france2.fr/touteslesvideos/IMG/asx/arton44.asx

kek
05-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the video and pictures. I'm very happy that Nicolas remained calm and fought. Well done! His temper didn't get the best of him :D

Why am I not seeing Andreev as that big of a threat? I know he got to the finals in Valencia this year but he hasn't done well on clay since then. Nicolas has beat him before on a fast hard court last year. If he can beat him there, surely the slow clay can neutralize Andreev's pace.

I think if Nicolas loses on Saturday will because of the let down after beating Clement and not necessarily Igor's game. Honestly, I don't know much about him so please correct me if he is more of a threat.

Neely
05-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Andreev is able to produce awesome power, especially on his forehand. It's going to be a completely different game than to today's against Clément or Karlovic. Karlovic cannot move very well and he is hardly a threat on clay in these conditions. Clément also didn't look like that he hit the balls too well and his groundstrokes weren't SUCH a big threat. But against Andreev I'm expecting a much more difficult match because he can produce good power, especially with his forehand. He's going for a fast play and on a good day this guy can gun Kiwi totally off the court (I fear... I hope I'm wrong), however, if he has a bad one he's not so dangerous and managed to lose to a lot of people this season already. The thing that scares me is that I've seen many more impressive matches on clay of Andreev so far than of Kiwi.... :shrug:

I just hope that something happens... that Andreev catches a bad day, that Kiwi likes Andreev's play (even on clay), that Kiwi is extraordinary... something like that ;) :angel:

:yeah:

JMG
05-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Kiwi hit 23 aces yesterday. :eek:

I nearly forgot that the fans were booing him hard just because he left the court after the 4th set. I mean Djokovic did the same yesterday against Coria - on the same court (with the same fans?) - and he even got a bit applause when he came back.

And it was good to see that Kiwi seemed to have no problem with the heat. He moved well in the 5th set, Clement looked more tired.

JMG
05-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Kiefer is the 4th match on the great court no.1. We can only hope that Coria and Mathieu will be finished earlier on the big courts to get some live coverage of it.

Neely
05-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Also if the Giro is tomorrow afternoon again, we can only hope that Robredo and Sanchez take some time in their match until they are finished. Henin and Sveta shouldn't take too much time normally, maybe a combined 3 and a half hours if there are no really long matches.

Tricky_Forehand
05-28-2005, 05:25 AM

Thanks for this explanation, Neely :). I was over at the Arnaud thread and someone posted about Kiwi being an ass. I only laughed because he's not always the sweetest person. On court and off-court. Oh no...it means he's human :eek: :lol:

I am kind of surprised that the crowd would be so hostile though. Aren't they aware that Kiwi is half-French (his Mom :) ). Then again, if he was egging them on then maybe he needed that fire in the belly if NoNo was playing so slow. Kiwi likes to play fast and it bothers the hell out of him to play at a slow pace. I know that I don't need to tell you guys this but just thoughts that I've had. Class has been keeping me away from the boards :sad:

RG and last week of class end at the same time :rolleyes:

I'm just glad that he didn't lose total concentration along with the match. They didn't show not one point of this match on TV either. It was horrible!! Best match of the day!! Absolutely loved all those photos that came out.

TV coverage will be horrible this weekend so I don't expect to see even a highlight :sad:

:bounce: :bounce: Go Kiwi!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Tricky_Forehand
05-28-2005, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the video and pictures. I'm very happy that Nicolas remained calm and fought. Well done! His temper didn't get the best of him :D

That was the most positive news that came out of this match for me. The fact that he didn't seem to get down on himself for long. I'm sure he got pissed at himself but he used it in a positive way (to win) rather than what he's known to do which is gets so pissed that he checks out.

Shoot, I'm still flying high from this win yesterday and now Seb's today. I can barely wrap my head around it that he is playing for a place in the rnd of 16 after how dismal his RG '04 was.

Neely
05-28-2005, 08:00 AM
Yeah, hopefully he will play a more cool-headed match today. I guess that this match against Clément didn't bring him new admirers or fans and I think, to say the least LOL ...and it was bad behaviour to spur on the crowd like he did with some actions (so no surprise the crowd disliked him very much), the positive thing for me was that I still could enjoy him to see fired up like that and leaving the court as a winner against Clément and the whole arena :angel: His gesture at the end of the match giving kisses to the crowd à la Agassi was simply very naughty :devil: (and I don't believe him this was meant honest :p ) And after the oncourt interview with the French TV station he waved again into all directions of the arena. Naughty!

Like you said, Katherine: normally he loses such matches!!

Good luck Kiwi for beating Andreev today!!!!! :) :worship:
I would rate Andreev as the favourite here, but how sweet would another win be?! Maybe he surprises us ;)

kek
05-28-2005, 11:53 AM
I like the way you think Neely about Nicolas giving kisses to the crowd after the upset. It was a very develish thing for Nicolas to do. I like it.

I hope for a win today! I won't be able to follow it since i'm playing in my own tennis tournament this weekend. I hope for a win for me too today :D

kfh_9118
05-28-2005, 12:36 PM
your avatar is priceless, Neely :devil:

kfh_9118
05-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Good luck Kiwi, please please beat Andreev :angel:

knight_ley
05-28-2005, 03:15 PM
good luck today Kiwi :bounce:

zethand
05-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Good Luck Kiwi please beat Andreev... :)

Tricky_Forehand
05-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Having to stop at 4 ALL in the 4th (probably because of darkness) :banghead: ...this can't make Kiwi a happy man.

He's probably already frustrated with getting broken those times in the 3rd

Neely
05-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Too bad that Kiwi couldn't win in time. He was down in the third set the whole time but he still tried and he chances to break back again and again, but Andreev held.

Before the fourth set Kiwi already talked to the ref about when the match is going to be suspended. I think he felt that he was hitting the ball worse and to me it looked as if he wanted the suspension more than Andreev who didn't seem to share his view about that with the ref or the supervisor. The good thing is that Kiwi at least managed to hold his serves, like Andreev. Kiwi saved 15-40 twice, and in the last game of Andreev before the match was finally suspended he had two break points and I think if he had broken at that time they would have allowed him a few more minutes while trying to serve it out.

Andreev's forehand seemed to become more dangerous the longer the match lasts, not a good sign IMO. Towards the end, especially in the last game as Kiwi made a few really bad bad erros, I think that he was gesticulating that he has troubles to focus the ball properly because it was already very dark (on TV pictures it still looked quite okay, but I think that's not exactly reality because what we see on the screens should be articifially brightened?!). Just too bad he couldn't break at this moment when Andreev was serving at 3-4, but at the same time we must be lucky that Kiwi was not broken before already!

Hmmmmmmm... how comes I have a bad feeling for this match tomorrow? :shrug: maybe some bad experiences with matches that got delayed.... I hope I'm wrong though and that he finds a way to close it out in the fourth. :bounce:

PLEASE, KIWI!!!!

Neely
05-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Also not to forget that the 2nd set tiebreak was a nice present already... Andreev had set point on own serve at 7*-6 and then Kiwi took two points off his service and finished his own set point with a strong service winner or ace (don't remember anymore).

JMG
05-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Also not to forget that the 2nd set tiebreak was a nice present already... Andreev had set point on own serve at 7*-6 and then Kiwi took two points off his service and finished his own set point with a strong service winner or ace (don't remember anymore).

With a strong service winner. ;)

I have a bad feeling, too. I think Kiwi has to win it in 4, otherwise it could become a match like it was in Wimbledon for him (against Johansson). :mad:

kek
05-28-2005, 09:10 PM
I was glad the match was suspended since the momentum looked like it was going to Andreev. I wish Nicolas would have broken to serve out the match. But it's on serve and that's a good thing especially when he was down several break points in the 4th.

He only needs 2 games to win tomorrow to get in the 4th round! He can do it.

I agree, if he loses this set, I think it's over :mad: And don't get me thinking about Wimby last year. I sat through that match in cold and rain to see him lose. The pathetic performance I ever seen. Let's hope for a different result tomorrow and a positive fighting Kiwi tomorrow.

Neely
05-28-2005, 09:27 PM
On the positive side it was really great to see that Kiwi's level of play is much higher than in this loss against Johansson or against Grosjean in Hamburg. The longer the match lasted he seemed to hit his more powerful shots worse and worse from the baseline, but he also showed some strong shots and he seemed to have confidence in some winners, especially on his forehand. It was a huge difference for me compared to the Grosjean match where he just played too restrained. And especially no ton of really pathetic backhand errors like at Hamburg, could still get better, but it's just much more solid so far and it's good to see that improvements took place :yeah:

As for his 1st serve percentage, a bit higher would do him good and of course it would make it easier for him. But if his first serve is in, it looks quite good and the speed seems also okay for me.

If I understood the commentators correctly, they mentioned that the weather forecast looks a bit windy tomorrow? Damn, I hope it's not or not much, I don't think he will feel too comfortable with these conditions :rolleyes:

kek
05-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Of course I haven't seen any matches of Nicolas since Grosjean and at that I fast forwarded most of it due to horrible play. I'm glad he is going for his shots but when the time is right. I don't want him going for his shots and committing tons of unforced errors. His serve needs to be better tomorrow but hopefully, he will only need one service game tomorrow :)

I wish he would post something on his website on how he felt how he played so far or something so we know what is going on inside of his head :p

Again, I won't be able to follow it because I won my match today and in the quarters. Now it's turn to win his.

knight_ley
05-29-2005, 12:21 AM
hopefully this will help Kiwi and he can regroup...

auf gehts Kiwi!!!!!!!!!

knight_ley
05-29-2005, 01:30 AM
Hey guys!!! here are some pictures from the first half of Kiwi's match vs. Andreev...

these are all from the webcam on RG's official site :)

knight_ley
05-29-2005, 01:33 AM
more from the webcam...

knight_ley
05-29-2005, 01:37 AM
other's from different places :angel:

JMG
05-29-2005, 11:09 AM

kfh_9118
05-29-2005, 11:13 AM
Kiwi :woohoo:

Glad he can finish it so fast today ;)

Good luck next round (R16 :eek: :banana: )

JMG
05-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Okay, Mathieu has won the third set. But to be honest, I don't want to see Kiwi against another French player, although it would be a little bit easier against PHM imo. :lol:

Neely
05-29-2005, 11:37 AM
YESSSSSSSS!!!! :banana:

A strong beginning today and he made the two games! :)
great way to finish him off in just another two games! :yeah:

Kiwi kicked Igor's ass :eek: :bounce:

knight_ley
05-29-2005, 11:42 AM
I wanna see KIWI in a QF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knight_ley
05-29-2005, 11:48 AM
ps -- the first 3 pix i've found from today!!!!!!! :inlove:

kfh_9118
05-29-2005, 11:57 AM
PHM is looking to force Canas to the fifth set.

Personally I would like him to face PHM, but he is French :scared:

Either one, I am happy Kiwi is in R4 already, QF will be nice ;)
Kiwi must be very happy with this result in clay.

Anyone has an idea what will be Kiwi's ranking after this result?

kfh_9118
05-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Is she his mum in the picture?

Tennisqueen
05-29-2005, 12:03 PM
yes :)

knight_ley
05-29-2005, 12:03 PM

sol
05-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Either one, I am happy Kiwi is in R4 already, QF will be nice ;)
Kiwi must be very happy with this result in clay.

:D Yep. Me too! ;)

Tennisqueen
05-29-2005, 12:06 PM
lol, that was telepathy ;)

knight_ley
05-29-2005, 12:07 PM
lol, that was telepathy ;)

great minds think alike ;) :lol:

kfh_9118
05-29-2005, 12:35 PM
PHM vs Canas is in the fifth set now :eek:

Hope they will be too tired for tomorow match :lol:

Neely
05-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah, Kiwi's parents were standing near the barrier of the court as the match was over and Kiwi went over to them and hugged them both. Great that he made the 4th round. That shows what he is capable to do even on clay if he doesn't face Federer or Coria immediately the 2nd round like it was the last two years now.

JMG
05-29-2005, 02:05 PM
He can't take his extra-long preparation for Halle this year now.

come on, make the semifinal! He's the Henman of 2005. :)

Neely
05-29-2005, 02:11 PM
He can't take his extra-long preparation for Halle this year now.

come on, make the semifinal! He's the Henman of 2005. :)
lol, even the QF would be awesome!! But first he has to find a way of beating Canas :( :rolleyes: Not an easy opponent and he is normally fitness-wise very strong and Kiwi is trailing the h2h 1:2 so far. The last match is already dating back some time.

Neely
05-29-2005, 03:15 PM
my favourite picture of this match :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/neely99/05/kiefer8931546.jpg
:devil:

kiwifan80
05-29-2005, 04:48 PM
So happy for Kiw!!!!!! Hope he can keep this going. But I'm real nervous that he's gonna face Canas in the next round. I think he can pull it off, but it's gonna be tough. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tricky_Forehand
05-29-2005, 05:55 PM
I was so nervous to check the result this morning but he made it easy on himself :bounce: :bounce:

I still can not believe how well Kiwi is doing...on clay, no less :eek:

Willy is going to cause him a lot more problems than those in the last 3 rounds though. I hope he can still hold it together...the temper, patience, & concentration.

I agree with you about that last photo, Neely. Love to see him smile.

Go Kiwi!!!! :woohoo:

kek
05-29-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm glad he read the message board by doing what we told him to do. Win the next 2 games against Igor ;)

I'm hoping Canas will be tired. He will be a tough opponet but we will see how things go tomorrow. If Nicolas keeps fighting and wants it bad enough, he can beat him tomorrow.

Tricky_Forehand
05-29-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm glad he read the message board by doing what we told him to do. Win the next 2 games against Igor ;)

I thought it was a bit creepy :lol:

Tennisqueen
05-29-2005, 08:39 PM
lol, next message for him: win Wimbledon!!! :)

knight_ley
05-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Kiwi had to withdraw from his match vs. Canas... I'm assuming his neck was just too bad for him to play today... :sad:

Björki
05-30-2005, 12:40 PM
poor Kiwi

kfh_9118
05-30-2005, 12:59 PM
kiwi :sad:

Neely
05-30-2005, 01:01 PM
unbelievable :sobbing:

knight_ley
05-30-2005, 01:02 PM
unbelievable :sobbing:

:hug: when my friends first told me i was calm and like "yea i figured something like that was going to happen from what he said" but now i think its hit and i'm just crushed.... :bigcry:

Tennisqueen
05-30-2005, 01:05 PM
SHIT!!! :( :sad: :awww: :banghead: :tears: :sobbing: :crying2:

Neely
05-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Just too sad that such things happen to him whenever he was on a good run.
Of course this doesn't happen in a Mickey Mouse tournament after he reached the 2nd round... no, always before big matches... :( bad luck!

but the positive thing is hopefully that it's "only" the neck and not again a wrist, leg problem, something like that... I hope he can get help soon for it, that should be possible. A good Wimbledon result would also be important, the 4th round of Roland Garros is a nice bonus, but the 1st Wimbledon round loss that stands so far in his Entry Ranking could need a bit improvement and on grass this should be possible I hope.

Get well soon Kiwi! really very bad luck! :sad: :hug:

Neely
05-30-2005, 02:33 PM
"Ich habe mich pausenlos behandeln lassen und alles versucht, aber es ging nicht. Nach den ganzen Tabletten habe ich mich übergeben müssen und konnte kaum schlafen"

I got treatment all the time and I tried everything, but there was no way. I took pills against the pain and I had to vomit because of them and could hardly sleep

"Es ist irgendwas mit den Nerven, die ganze rechte Seite tut weh."

It has to be something with the nerves, the whole right body half is hurting.

"Es war eine brutale Entscheidung, endlich lief es wieder richtig. Aber ich fühle mich total schlapp."

It was a brutal decision after I finally got my game back. But I'm feeling physically totally down.

"Normalerweise würde ich mich jetzt auf die Rasenturniere freuen. Aber jetzt sage ich: Schade, dass die Sandplatz-Saison schon vorbei ist. Ich habe Spaß daran gefunden"

Normally I would be looking forward the the grass tournaments. But now I'm saying: Pity that the claycourt season is over already. I had some fun with it.

Tricky_Forehand
05-30-2005, 02:34 PM
I just saw that he had to give Willy the walkover. The first thing that I thought when I saw that was "his neck." After I realized that he was going to have to play again today, I was really wondering how he was going to be able to get ready. He was having pain and stiffness in his neck and there's no way to rush the healing of that. Especially in less than 24 hours. To get to the round of 16 was still good for him and I hope that he can be proud of himself.

kek
05-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Well 4th rnd of the French is a pretty good result considering he hasn't won back to back clay matches in 5 years. He will for sure move up the rankings.

He should be proud of this great run :)

Neely
05-30-2005, 05:37 PM
I guess he will move up a few places to the mid-20s so far after this week. Best of all is that the margin to the 10 players in front of him is quite small and if this 1st round Wimbledon loss from last year gets some considerably good improvement, he will get another big push upwards for sure :)

Not that I'm only concerned about his ranking, but it would just too sweet to see him higher than in the 20s as we all know what he is capable of ;)

alfonsojose
05-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Neely and Kiefer fans :sad: :hug:

Tricky_Forehand
05-30-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't know if anyone has seen any photos from today but on Yahoo there are photos from the press conference and he looks like the Marlboro Man :lol: *not sure if that reference translates...ask me and I'll try to explain :)*

kek
05-30-2005, 11:19 PM
I attached the link. Not sure how to upload or basically too lazy.

Nicolas if you are reading this, lose the trucker cap. First of all it reminds me of Andy and secondly it looks like you are a farmer that should be on a John Deere tractor trailor. Or driving a 1972 rusted Chevrolet pickup with the confederate flag in the rear window playing Lynrd Skynrd.

Trust me, I get enough of it in Texas and the look isn't appealing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=rog13505301334.france_tennis_french_ope n_rog135&prov=ap

Neely
05-30-2005, 11:41 PM
lol, I'm not sure if it's that easy for him to get rid of it. If Wilson tells him to wear it, that would be the contract and I've seen him wearing this cap at other press conferences too.

kek, I've attached the pics, just for the record to keep them here ;)

BTW, does somebody know where to find a transcript from the press conference? On the Roland Garros homepage, they of course have one online from Canas today, but not from Kiwi :mad: :banghead:

kek
05-31-2005, 12:34 AM
Yes, I imagine Wilson is telling him to wear it. Although, I think the trucker cap would be a nice look for Serena ;)

Surely there must be another Wilson cap he could wear.

Perhaps this one: http://www.wilson.com/media/wilson/images/products/web/Tennis/Caps/215x300/Z1396_med_dd0b.jpg

I think red would look good with his skin coloring. I look good in red and we are similar in hair color with olive complexion. He can wear that in press conferences and I think he already wears the white one while playing. I know cordinating his clothes isn't high on his priority list but I'm having fun with it :p

knight_ley
05-31-2005, 12:48 AM
that second one is my fave pic of Kiwi ever... :drool:

:hearts:

urbanjae
05-31-2005, 01:10 AM
that second one is my fave pic of Kiwi ever... :drool:

:hearts:

I second that! :drool:

alfonsojose
05-31-2005, 02:49 AM
I third that :eek: :drool: He looks like a 70's porn movie actor :devil: I want to bite those lips :toothy:

Tricky_Forehand
06-02-2005, 07:26 AM
I attached the link. Not sure how to upload or basically too lazy.

Nicolas if you are reading this, lose the trucker cap. First of all it reminds me of Andy and secondly it looks like you are a farmer that should be on a John Deere tractor trailor. Or driving a 1972 rusted Chevrolet pickup with the confederate flag in the rear window playing Lynrd Skynrd.

I thought of that visual as well (coming from living in a small town for way too long) but Marlboro Man sounded so much more appealing :lol: :lol:

Maybe that's the image that Wilson wants him to project :scratch: