~~~******Jiri Go To RG!!!!******~~~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

~~~******Jiri Go To RG!!!!******~~~

novanora
05-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Cheer for Jiri's RG ~~~ :bounce:

His half of draw:

1-Roger Federer (Sui)-Robin Soderling (Suè)
Nicolas Almagro (Esp)-Philipp Kohlschreiber (All)
Christophe Rochus (Bel)-Qualifié
Michaël Llodra (Fra)-25-Fernando Gonzalez (Chili)

17-Dominik Hrbaty (Slq)-Janko Tipsarevic (Scg)
Sjeng Schalken (P-B)-Qualifié
Qualifié-Kevin Kim (E-U)
Alberto Martin (Esp)-14-Carlos Moya (Esp)

10-David Nalbandian (Arg)-Marcos Baghdatis (Chy)
Tomas Berdych (Tch)-Jeff Morrison (E-U)
Oscar Hernandez (Esp)-Qualifié
Qualifié-18-Mario Ancic (Cro)

31-Juan ignacio Chela (Arg)-Rainer Schüttler (All)
Victor Hanescu (Rou)-Michal Tabara (Tch)
Luis Horna (Pér)-Jérôme Haehnel (Fra)
Potito Starace (Ita)-7-Tim Henman (G-B)

4-Rafael Nadal (Esp)-Lars Burgsmuller (All)
Mardy Fish (E-U)-Xavier Malisse (Bel)
Peter Wessels (P-B)-Ricardo Mello (Bré)
Qualifié-30-Richard Gasquet (Fra)

23-Sébastien Grosjean (Fra)-Juan Monaco (Arg)
Thierry Ascione (Fra)-Davide Sanguinetti (Ita)
Andreï Pavel (Rou)-Florent Serra (Fra)
Paradorn Srichaphan (Tha)-16-Radek Stepanek (Tch)

11-Joachim Johansson (Suè)-Fernando Verdasco (Esp)
Hyung-Taik Lee (Cor-S)-Alex Calatrava (Esp)
Gilles Simon (Fra)-Olivier Patience (Fra)
Jiri Vanek (Tch)-20-David Ferrer (Esp)

26-Jiri Novak (Tch)-Bjorn Phau (All)
Felix Mantilla (Esp)-Tomas Zib (Tch)
Dmitry Tursunov (Rus)-Stefan Koubek (Aut)
Julien Benneteau (Fra)-5-Gaston Gaudio (Arg)

novanora
05-20-2005, 01:08 PM
His first opponent is Bjorn. Jiri definitely can pass him easily~! Poor Bjorn, his clay is too terrible :lol:

But the next one could be very tough: Felix Mantilla.

Good luck Jiri~~~ :bounce:

Lenka
05-20-2005, 01:45 PM
I think Jiri won't have any problems in the first round, maybe a bit in the second and a big problem in the third!!! :lol:
Good Luck Jiri!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

novanora
05-21-2005, 02:42 AM
I think Jiri won't have any problems in the first round, maybe a bit in the second and a big problem in the third!!! :lol:
Good Luck Jiri!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
True ;) i think he can beat Felix if he focus the whole match. But Gaudio with GS champion's confidence is really tough. Anyway, I would like to see Jiri brings some surprise to us :D

I♥PsY@Mus!c
05-21-2005, 06:38 AM
Best of luck to Jiri! :kiss:
I really will be glad if you beat:
Gaudio - You beat the Last Year FO Champ! :eek: Everyone will notice you! :aplot: His mental can be weak sometimes,you can beat him like Ferrer did! ;)
Ferrer - People think he is steadier than Tommy.I thought it was and I was soooo pissed off his match yesterday!He can't hold many serves and lose that important match! :fiery::fiery::fiery:
Nadal/Gasquet - Don't need to tell too much! :p And I like neither of them!

novanora
05-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Tomorrow's OOP has been out:

Court 4 11:00 Start

Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Alyona Bondarenko (UKR) vs. Sesil Karatantcheva (BUL)

followed by
Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Nicolas Almagro (ESP) vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)

Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Eva Birnerova (CZE) vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)

Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Jiri Novak (CZE)[26] vs. Bjorn Phau (GER)

Lenka
05-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Good luck, Jiri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

crazillo
05-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Good luck Jiri.

Lenka
05-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Jiri won 4-6 6-2 6-3 6-1!!! :bigclap: :woohoo:
the next opponent is Felix Mantilla who defeated Tomas Zib.

I found an interview with Jiri ....it is in Czech, I will translate it in a few days because tommorow I have an exam from physics :mad: I hope I will manage it :rolleyes:

http://ihned.cz/1-10107250-16191650-004000_d-17

novanora
05-24-2005, 02:38 AM
:bounce: Well done Jiri~~!!!!! :D :banana: You can beat Felix also!!!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
05-24-2005, 05:32 AM
Great Job! :clap2:
Good luck in the next round! :D

novanora
05-24-2005, 04:33 PM
I found an interview with Jiri ....it is in Czech, I will translate it in a few days because tommorow I have an exam from physics :mad: I hope I will manage it :rolleyes:

http://ihned.cz/1-10107250-16191650-004000_d-17
hey, Lenka~~ thanks for sharing that!! :hug: Good luck to your exams :D

novanora
05-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Tomorrow's OOP

Court 3 11:00 Start

Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Akiko Morigami (JPN) vs. Karolina Sprem (CRO)[31]

followed by
Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Jiri Novak (CZE)[26] vs. Felix Mantilla (ESP)

Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)[20] vs. Catalina Castano (COL)

Women's Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Gisela Dulko (ARG)[11]/Maria Vento-Kabchi (VEN)[11]
vs. Tatiana Golovin (FRA)/Anastasia Myskina (RUS)

Women's Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Martina Navratilova (USA)/Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario (ESP)
vs. Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP)/Nuria Llagostera Vives (ESP)

Lenka
05-24-2005, 05:46 PM
hey, Lenka~~ thanks for sharing that!! :hug: Good luck to your exams :D
thanks!
I'm happy I got 2 from physics!! :D :bounce: :yippee:

tommorow I'll have more time to the translation, so please be patient :)

Lenka
05-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Good luck Jiri!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Aleksa's Laydee
05-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Jiri lost: Felix Mantilla (ESP) def. Jiri Novak (CZE)[26] 6-2 0-6 3-6 7-5 6-3

JIRI :sobbing: (its coz i wasnt there ;))

Aleksa's Laydee
05-25-2005, 04:17 PM
Jiri won 4-6 6-2 6-3 6-1!!! :bigclap: :woohoo:

i was there :D piccies to come soon ;)

novanora
05-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Jiri lost: Felix Mantilla (ESP) def. Jiri Novak (CZE)[26] 6-2 0-6 3-6 7-5 6-3
Jiri :bigcry: still lost to Felix :bigcry:
have a good rest :hug:

JIRI :sobbing: (its coz i wasnt there ;))
:lol::hug: lucky fun? ;) Jiri should carry you with him for the tennis travelling....

novanora
05-25-2005, 05:04 PM
i was there :D piccies to come soon ;)
waiting for that!! :D

novanora
05-25-2005, 05:06 PM
thanks!
I'm happy I got 2 from physics!! :D :bounce: :yippee:

tommorow I'll have more time to the translation, so please be patient :)
That's great, Lenka!!! :D How can you do it well in the exams while RG is underway? :cool:

wait for the translation :D

Lenka
05-25-2005, 05:39 PM
That's great, Lenka!!! :D How can you do it well in the exams while RG is underway? :cool:

hard!!! believe me! and physics is my worst subject :rolleyes: I had to ...

Lenka
05-25-2005, 06:57 PM
aaaaaaaah, I finally done it...I hope you understand it :)

Jiri Novak, a Czech tennis player and manager of the challenger in Prostejov:
The matches in Paris are sometimes galleys

Prague, 23.5.2005

The World Team Championship in Düsseldorf, the second Grand Slam French Open in Paris and the challenger Czech Open in Prostejov, that's the schedule of the Czech tennis player Jiri Novak. The 30-years old tennis player who is nowadays the 27th player of the world added to the tennis other duty: he became the manager of the challenger in Prostejov, and his job is to get the best players for the challenger with the prize money 125 000 euro.

HN: (Economic Newspaper) The last tournament the World Team Championship wasn't your best. Didn't it thrust you down before Paris?
No, sure not. It's a true I lost all my singles matches but I met the best claycourters like Gonzalez, Coria and Grosjean and at that moment they were better. We had a bit bad luck with the draw, we had the hardest opponents in our group. But I don't want to make an excuse. It was worth just to play among the best 8 teams of the world.

HN: Can you say it was the best preparing for French Open?
Yes, you can say it this way because the conditions for trainings and three quality players were good for it. We've also played with the same balls as in Paris. But it is not so. We wanted to succedd there with Tomas Berdych because it is a team competition and we didn't manage it unfortunately.

HN: Is the second Grand Slam of the year strange for you in any way?
French Open is the hardest tournament of the world. It is the hardest to win because you have to prove everything - the physical ability, game on the net and from the baseline, mental immunity. You have to win three sets to win the match and some matches last even four or five hours and these are fairly like slaughter. But on clay is played also the nicest tennis. On the hard courts or grass courts you have to have just quality serve, the ball goes only once or twice over the net and it is napoo. In Paris you have to win hardly every point.

HN: They call you more and more often like a veteran. Is it harder for you to find the motivation?
It is a true, I am a tennis veteran but I have no problem with the motivation. I want always to win.

HN: Don't you have the feeling that Czech men's tennis is in damping?
It is a wrong opinion. A few years ago I've played the Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai and they said that the tennis flourishes but nobody was behind me. Now we have three players in Top 50 and six or seven Czech players in Top 100. Yes, it is true that somebody is missing in Top 10 and some victory in any tournament but the base is better than before a few years.

HN: How do you manage to connect your tennis career with manager? Doesn't it take you time and energy?
It takes some time but it isn't so demanding. I can manage it quite good. It all compensate when I manage to bring some good tennis players for the Prostejov tournament.

HN: And did you succedd? What do you attract the players to?
Above all the quality foul territory and good atmosphere. Money aren't everything. The Prostejov tournament is on a high level, there is a hotel right near the courts. It offers the accommodation and free meals. It is not used to be at every tournament.

HN: Who will play the tournament in Prostejov?
This year will play four players from Top 50 and Czech top players. It is 15 tennis players from Top 100 in total. According to me it will be the best tournament in the Czech Republic, truly Czech Open.

novanora
05-26-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks Lenka for the translation :hug: It's good to see Jiri begin to do the manager job of a challenger :D He is the proper one for the work. As to veteran, Jiri still can play good tennis in at least 2-3 years. He won 2 titles just last year, and not the small ones. I agree with him, Czech is one of the best tennis countries. Although we can't see one in Top10 right now, but there are a large group of good players in Czech. Only giving them enough time, we will see the bumping.

By the way, just off topics. Good luck to Rafa in 3rd round ;)

Lenka
05-26-2005, 02:31 PM
By the way, just off topics. Good luck to Rafa in 3rd round ;)

thanks! ;) :hug: Gasquet will be tough :rolleyes:
but if he wins there's the possibility to meet Stepanek in the next round :)

I think Czech tennis isn't so bad, we have Jiri, Tomas Berdych, Stepanek and other young players who will sure get the higher positions soon and if we will have some great tournament here...maybe ATP tournament (just my wish :) ) it can be really good :D
but the DC's matches aren't very optimistic :( ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
05-26-2005, 03:01 PM
:lol::hug: lucky fun? ;) Jiri should carry you with him for the tennis travelling....

it was great...i was amazed at how tall he was! and how hard he hit the ball!!

ooh i'd love that :D;)

Aleksa's Laydee
05-26-2005, 03:03 PM
thanks for the translation :hug:

sorry i have to go with gasquet on this one ;)

novanora
05-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey Lenka!! Rafa just won the match against Gasquet :D congrats!! He played awesome! :yeah: and the next one will be Seb :sad:

I think Czech tennis isn't so bad, we have Jiri, Tomas Berdych, Stepanek and other young players who will sure get the higher positions soon and if we will have some great tournament here...maybe ATP tournament (just my wish :) ) it can be really good :D
but the DC's matches aren't very optimistic :( ;)
Czech does have many potential young players, like Minar and Dlouhy. And I also like Hernych, Zib and Pala :lol:
Czech's draw for DC this year is very bad :( against Argentina in their host on clay, which is extremely difficult to even every DC team. I really think with more and more good Czech tennis players coming out, finally you will have an ATP tournament :yeah:, and Jiri can be the manager :lol:

novanora
05-27-2005, 04:28 PM
it was great...i was amazed at how tall he was!
I know that...I am even shorter than his shoulder :lol:, and have to look at him with my head leaning upward for quite a while. If I want to talk with him comfortably, my high-heel shoes should be tried on instead of sneakers. ;) .

Lenka
05-27-2005, 06:23 PM
thanks for the translation :hug:

sorry i have to go with gasquet on this one ;)

I'm sorry Richard lost :angel: unfortunately, I couldn't watch it because eurosport showed at the same time cycling :fiery:

Aleksa's Laydee
05-28-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm sorry Richard lost :angel: unfortunately, I couldn't watch it because eurosport showed at the same time cycling :fiery:

I know...me too, it was so stupid wasnt it :rolleyes:

Aleksa's Laydee
05-28-2005, 09:02 AM
http://tinypic.com/5escw0
http://tinypic.com/5escxe
http://tinypic.com/5esd4y
http://tinypic.com/5esdfm
http://tinypic.com/5esdif

heres some of my jiri pics...i have about 10 more but i have to go revise now :sad: i'll post more when i can :)

novanora
05-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks Siobhan!! :D very nice pics! From the 1st round match against Bjorn, and Jiri won that. :hug:

Lenka
05-28-2005, 03:56 PM
great pics :D thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :kiss:

Aleksa's Laydee
05-28-2005, 08:51 PM
thats alright...i was so happy to be there :lol: :o

Pancakesong
05-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Ahoj! hey I have a question: does someone here speak Czech? because I want to know what 'I want to go back to Jihlava and the Czech Republic' is in Czech. Dekuji!

Lenka
06-02-2005, 01:55 PM
This week is the challenger in Prostejov - Czech Open!!!
Jiri is the manager of it and also plays. Unfortunately Jiri lost in the first round against Alejandro Falla (COL) 3-6 6-1 2-6 :sad:
In doubles he played with David Rikl (CZE) and also lost, against Montgomery and Phillips from USA 6-4 3-6 0-6 :sad:

http://sportplus.centrum.cz/tenis/clanek.phtml?id=2172

novanora
06-02-2005, 02:03 PM
I've heard it, Lenka. And Hrbaty and Beck who played this challenge also lost. But still happy for Jiri, is it his first time to be the manager of a tourney? :D i guess it must be a successful one.