Pick of the Day: 20th May [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Pick of the Day: 20th May

Straby
05-20-2005, 10:42 AM
4 Picks, 3 Wins, 1 Loss.

No cycling today (crappy odds), but Dutch football:

Go Ahead vs Sparta Rotterdam, 1X @ 2.18 (gamebookers)

This is the situation in the Dutch 2nd Division:

This is the last round of the regular competition. Heracles Almelo 3 points clear of Sparta Rotterdam, they only need 1 point against poor Veendam to be the champs of this season, and believe me, they will get that point.
Sparta on the other hand is in a major slump the last few weeks. They were on top of the table, but lost to Fortuna (0-3) and drew against Heracles (0-0), last week. I think Sparta has given up on the championship. I guess they will save some energy tonight for the upcoming play-offs, another chance for them to get to the highest division.
Another interesting fact about this match is that one of Go Ahead's players has been seriously injured by a Sparta player a few months ago. The poor guy almost lost his leg and can't play football anymore his whole life. A very big case here in Holland.
This guy is saying goodbye to the Go Ahead fans tonight, moments before the game. I think this will pump up the Go Ahead players to give their full 100% tonight, get revenge tonight and hurt Sparta's last championship hopes.

Straby
05-20-2005, 07:58 PM
4 Picks, 3 Wins, 1 Loss.

No cycling today (crappy odds), but Dutch football:

Go Ahead vs Sparta Rotterdam, 1X @ 2.18 (gamebookers)

:sad:

Luckily I'm forced to take a few days off, as I'm heading to Roland Garros this weekend. :)

bad gambler
05-20-2005, 09:51 PM
enjoy your time mate :)