Dangerous Floaters for RG 2009, yes this means unseeded players [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Dangerous Floaters for RG 2009, yes this means unseeded players

Pages : [1] 2

Action Jackson
05-19-2005, 07:12 PM
There was a similar thread last year for the players who were considered dangerous floaters and surprisingly one of them won the title last year.

These are the players who won't be seeded, but could make the quarter finals, take out a seeded players and have an impact beyond their ranking. Or a player that no seeded one wants to meet in the 1st round.

Ferrero was going to be that floater, but now he is seeded it won't be the case.

Kuerten, Puerta, Monaco, Verdasco and maybe Monfils.

DanEd
05-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Christophe Rochus, maybe acasuso too

Deivid23
05-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Verdasco, Puerta, Monfils, Acasuso.

DanEd
05-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Nicolas Almagro and Garcia Lopez could do some damage.

Action Jackson
05-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Acasuso is one and he is due for a big RG result.

I would have said Horna previously, but he hasn't done much at all this year and Mathieu if he wakes up alright might take out a top player and lose to a lower one.

*Ljubica*
05-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Puerta and Kuerten - possibly Monaco too.

Action Jackson
05-19-2005, 07:23 PM
I would have said Andreev, but ever since he won Valencia he has hardly won a match.

Deivid23
05-19-2005, 07:23 PM

I would have said Horna previously, but he hasn't done much at all this year and Mathieu if he wakes up alright might take out a top player and lose to a lower one.

Yeah I think Luis, Almagro and Berdych could do some damage but their late form is far away from convincing.

Action Jackson
05-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Almagro has potential, but he is so hit and miss, maybe he can some hits in during this RG.

NYCtennisfan
05-19-2005, 07:25 PM
GWH, great thread. I was going to start this but you beat to it damn you. :)
He's not going to be a floater but since Richard GAsquet is going to be around a 32nd seed, he could have a match-up against a top ranked opponent in round 3. Same goes for JCF. I would hate to be a top ranked player and find out that I would have to possibly take on JCF or RG in my 3rd round match.

Neumann
05-19-2005, 07:26 PM
I guess as Volandri is seeded he cannot be considered a floater, but with a good draw I feel this time he will go far.

My picks are Monfils (power and talent but sooo much inconsistence yet), Verdasco (pretty much the same as Monfils) and Mathieu (although being frenchie little pressure for his ranking and Gasquet almighty). Ooops, almost forget. I expect this RG to be Hyung-Taik Lee's breakthrough on clay ;)

madmanfool
lol

Ferrero and Gasquet aren't seeded in case you don't know

Action Jackson
Gasquet and Ferrero are seeded so that was the only reason I didn't include them and Gasquet has been on such a tear.

What will happen is that fastcourters in 1-8 will probably get fastcourters in their section.

TennisLurker
05-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Ferrer

Neumann
05-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Lol. For me Ferrer is as much a floater as Gasquet or Gaudio ;)

madmanfool
05-19-2005, 07:33 PM
:retard:

Rankings are used six weeks in advance
Gasquet and Ferrero are not seeded

1 Federer, Roger SUI 1
2 Hewitt, Lleyton AUS 2
3 Roddick, Andy USA 3
4 Safin, Marat RUS 4
5 Henman, Tim GBR 5
6 Gaudio, Gaston ARG 6
7 Moya, Carlos ESP 7
8 Nalbandian, David ARG 8
9 Coria, Guillermo ARG 9
10 Agassi, Andre USA 10
11 Johansson, Joachim SWE 11
12 Ljubicic, Ivan CRO 12
13 Canas, Guillermo ARG 13
14 Robredo, Tommy ESP 14
15 Davydenko, Nikolay RUS 15
16 Haas, Tommy GER 16
17 Nadal, Rafael ESP 17
18 Massu, Nicolas CHI 18
19 Johansson, Thomas SWE 19
20 Ancic, Mario CRO 20
21 Youzhny, Mikhail RUS 21
22 Hrbaty, Dominik SVK 22
23 Stepanek, Radek CZE 23
24 Novak, Jiri CZE 24
25 Lopez, Feliciano ESP 25
26 Gonzalez, Fernando CHI 26
27 Dent, Taylor USA 27
28 Ferrer, David ESP 28
29 Chela, Juan Ignacio ARG 29
30 Pavel, Andrei ROM 30
31 Kiefer, Nicolas GER 31
32 Grosjean, Sebastien FRA 32

fabolous
05-19-2005, 07:33 PM
after valencia i would have said costa, but now i'm no longer sure...of course he is always dangerous on clay and on a good day he can still beat many of the top guys. but he just didn't have any results this year, except doha and valencia.

Action Jackson
05-19-2005, 07:35 PM
:

Entry List is done 6 weeks in advance, seedings are done from the rankings that are there now.

A major difference.

Action Jackson
05-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Costa and Mantilla the problem I think they have is their bodies as they have both had some injury problems, if the conditions are heavy that will help them.

madmanfool
05-19-2005, 07:37 PM
ah i c

Action Jackson
05-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Froggy Ferrer has peaked, though I am very likely to be wrong.

Raquel
05-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Costa and Mantilla the problem I think they have is their bodies as they have both had some injury problems, if the conditions are heavy that will help them.
Mantilla will have to be pleased with that win over Puerta in St Polten though. I did not expect Felix to win that but it made me smile that he did (despite the vCash loss). I would love Albert to have a good RG. I remember the year he came back as defending champion and survived match after match in 5 sets. I think I saw every match he was in that year. Albert and Felix can still be dangerous here.

Action Jackson
05-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Mantilla will have to be pleased with that win over Puerta in St Polten though. I did not expect Felix to win that but it made me smile that he did (despite the vCash loss). I would love Albert to have a good RG. I remember the year he came back as defending champion and survived match after match in 5 sets. I think I saw every match he was in that year. Albert and Felix can still be dangerous here.

Costa has had some knee problems and Mantilla just can't get on a run and he has lost a lot of close ones this year and that doesn't help, though if he is fit, he can almost outlast anyone.

Well I am still fuming that he lost to that Malisse in 04 when he had more than enough chances to finish and I see that as a problem with both of them.

*julie*
05-19-2005, 08:16 PM
:retard:

Rankings are used six weeks in advance
Gasquet and Ferrero are not seeded

They take their current ranking so Gasquet will be seed 30, Chela 31 and Ferrero 32

Action Jackson
05-19-2005, 09:27 PM
As long as Alberto Martin doesn't draw Safin in the first round, he could drive some of the top players into distraction.

vincayou
05-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Verdasco, Malisse (these 2 headcase should be ranked better...), Puerta, Monfils, Seppi, Wawrinka.
Monfils is probably the only French who will get massive positive energy from having the crowd behind him.

Truc
05-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Verdasco, Malisse (these 2 headcase should be ranked better...), Puerta, Monfils, Seppi, Wawrinka.
Seppi lost in the second round of the qualifications.

Agent X
05-19-2005, 10:51 PM
PHM :banana: he's capable of troubling anyone on his day.

Also I'd agree with many of the selections already posted, Verdasco, Ferrer and Puerta are probably the main 3.

Andrei Pavel anyone? I also think Cyril Saulnier on his day with the crowd behind him can be dangerous. Juan Monaco as well, and maybe GGL.

Agent X
05-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Oh and Guga, can never write him off when he gets on the clay at RG, no matter how bad his form.

Lee
05-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Oh and Guga, can never write him off when he gets on the clay at RG, no matter how bad his form.

But Guga wrote himself off this year :p

Agent X
05-19-2005, 11:16 PM
But Guga wrote himself off this year :p

On the outside maybe. Not on the inside. I bet he still thinks he can win it. If he didn't he wouldn't turn up.

Lee
05-19-2005, 11:17 PM
On the outside maybe. Not on the inside. I bet he still thinks he can win it. If he didn't he wouldn't turn up.

According to Guga, he will but not this year. :)

And I agree with him ;)

Agent X
05-19-2005, 11:19 PM
According to Guga, he will but not this year. :)

And I agree with him ;)

I highly doubt he'll win it as well. But lets put it this way, the likes of Federer, Nadal and Coria would be pretty pissed off if they draw him in the first round. Especially Federer after the clay court lesson he got taught last year, Guga wasn't exactly in great form then either.

Lee
05-19-2005, 11:23 PM
I highly doubt he'll win it as well. But lets put it this way, the likes of Federer, Nadal and Coria would be pretty pissed off if they draw him in the first round. Especially Federer after the clay court lesson he got taught last year, Guga wasn't exactly in great form then either.

Guga was in good (not great since his hip injury never allowed him to play with his rhythm consistantly) form when he played Federer last year.

And yes, I doubt any top clay court players like to play vs Guga in early rounds.

Agent X
05-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Guga was in good (not great since his hip injury never allowed him to play with his rhythm consistantly) form when he played Federer last year.

And yes, I doubt any top clay court players like to play vs Guga in early rounds.

The thing is, I've seen quite a bit of Guga recently. And to me its not really his hip thats been hampering him too much. I mean, against Pavel he was absolutely awesome. And even when he played Henman and Ancic he showed flashes of being back to near his best, but then he just threw in a lot of weak unforced errors. I'm kind of hoping he's struggling at the moment due to rustiness, but I fear if he has a bad RG he might start thinking about calling it a day.

Lee
05-19-2005, 11:33 PM
The thing is, I've seen quite a bit of Guga recently. And to me its not really his hip thats been hampering him too much. I mean, against Pavel he was absolutely awesome. And even when he played Henman and Ancic he showed flashes of being back to near his best, but then he just threw in a lot of weak unforced errors. I'm kind of hoping he's struggling at the moment due to rustiness, but I fear if he has a bad RG he might start thinking about calling it a day.

That's true, his hip is not the main problem now after the 2nd surgery and he took his time for rehab. Guga admit he's a headcase right now due to his rustiness. He's not putting any expectation on himself. He has prepared himself dropping out of top 100 and he's looking forward to 2006.

Agent X
05-19-2005, 11:36 PM
That's true, his hip is not the main problem now after the 2nd surgery and he took his time for rehab. Guga admit he's a headcase right now due to his rustiness. He's not putting any expectation on himself. He has prepared himself dropping out of top 100 and he's looking forward to 2006.

2006!! Its only the middle of 2005. He's got lots of his favourite tournaments coming up, maybe he should consider skipping RG and concentrating on Wimbledon :p

Lee
05-19-2005, 11:45 PM
2006!! Its only the middle of 2005. He's got lots of his favourite tournaments coming up, maybe he should consider skipping RG and concentrating on Wimbledon :p

The looking forward to 2006 is not from Guga ;)

Guga playing Wimbledon :devil: He will probably play some clay court tournaments after Wimbly. I think he will be in Umag this year.

MisterQ
05-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Although I very highly doubt he will make the second week, Santoro could be dangerous against certain opponents.

Agent X
05-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Wimbledon isn't that fast anymore! Guga should play it. He can't really complain about the seedings policy seeing as it doesn't concern him anymore.

Gets in some match practise as well, can't see any harm.

By the way has Potatohead Starace been mentioned as a dangerous floater? 3rd Round last year, beating Tursonov and Grosjean before all but beating Safin but for a pretty horrible choke.

Agent X
05-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Although I very highly doubt he will make the second week, Santoro could be dangerous against certain opponents.

Is a certain big Russian in your thinking :p

MisterQ
05-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Is a certain big Russian in your thinking :p

I was being diplomatic... :rolls: ;)

Raquel
05-20-2005, 12:19 AM
I wish I could add Florian Mayer to the list of dangerous floaters but he's had a bit of a nightmare year. I just hope he wins a match.

For a floater totally from left field - Stanislas Wawrinka. He is second seed in qualifying and is into the 3rd round but is guaranteed a place in the main draw after Hewitt and Dent pulling out. I have no real evidence that says he is going to make the second week but I hope he does well :D

Agent X
05-20-2005, 12:23 AM
I was being diplomatic... :rolls: ;)

:haha: nice try

MalmöKrampan
05-20-2005, 12:43 AM
V O L A N D R I

Agent X
05-20-2005, 12:56 AM
V O L A N D R I

H E I S N O T A F L O A T E R :p

Domino
05-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Novak Djokovic if he qualifies.

bad gambler
05-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Chucho Acasuso - just got to be more consistent, but i think he can do it

bad gambler
05-20-2005, 01:15 AM
sorry when i say chucho can do it i mean cause a few upsets and make it to week 2 - too much to ask of him this early in his career to win it

Agent X
05-20-2005, 01:36 AM
sorry when i say chucho can do it i mean cause a few upsets and make it to week 2 - too much to ask of him this early in his career to win it

I dont really know why but I always think of Acasuso as being about 29. He's only 22 though :shrug:

bad gambler
05-20-2005, 02:30 AM
I dont really know why but I always think of Acasuso as being about 29. He\'s only 22 though :shrug:

probably because he has been around for a while on tour

silverwhite
05-20-2005, 04:47 AM

Probably after having MPs. :lol: Hopefully, he does wake up though.

azza
05-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Wayne Arthurs if hes serve is on you never know he could go all the way to the final :p with all 76 76 76 wins :p

bad gambler
05-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Wayne Arthurs if hes serve is on you never know he could go all the way to the final :p with all 76 76 76 wins :p

wayno :rocker2:

its.like.that
05-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Berdman could make the quarters if he wants
Puerta will be dangerous if hes switched on, likewise Andreev
Almagro is solid on dirt
David Ferrer has been in good form

its.like.that
05-20-2005, 10:37 AM
NICOLAS DEVILDER

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Berdych well he has the potential, but he has lacked a lot of form lately.

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 12:17 PM
One of my potential bolters has a tough 1st round match.

Monfils vs Canas

nermo
05-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Kuerten and Garcia could be dangerous floaters

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Ljubicic vs Puerta: Puerta has to fancy his chances in this one.

Chucho Acasuso has a huge chance to make the 3rd round. He plays Mirnyi and then the winner out of Roddick or Tsonga. It's time to make the mark.

bad gambler
05-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Chucho Acasuso has a huge chance to make the 3rd round. He plays Mirnyi and then the winner out of Roddick or Tsonga. It's time to make the mark.

chucho v roddick on clay - that's a match which i would stay up in the middle of the night top watch ;)

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 01:21 PM
chucho v roddick on clay - that's a match which i would stay up in the middle of the night top watch ;)

Lets hope Max plays his usual rubbish self in Slams and then something might happen.

Andreev should make the 3rd round if he can think about getting his brain in gear.

Mrs. B
05-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Potito Starace

Raquel
05-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Mantilla just can't get on a run and he has lost a lot of close ones this year and that doesn't help, though if he is fit, he can almost outlast anyone.

After seeing the draw, Felix must be quite pleased with it. 1R v Zib, 2R seed is Novak, 3R Gaudio. Could have been a lot worse.

Monfils will go out 1R though. I don't think he can consistently come up with winner after winner as that's what it will take to break down Canas.

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 02:47 PM
It could have been better for Mantilla.

The best ones from what I have seen are Puerta, Andreev, Acasuso.

Rogiman
05-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Volandri has a fair chance to both become a Duckhunter and make it to the 4th round.

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Volandri has a fair chance to both become a Duckhunter and make it to the 4th round.

If the Duck makes the 3rd round he should celebrate.

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Monaco has abig opportunity to make it to the 4th round

23-Sébastien Grosjean (Fra)-Juan Monaco (Arg)
Thierry Ascione (Fra)-Davide Sanguinetti (Ita)
Andreď Pavel (Rou)-Florent Serra (Fra)
Paradorn Srichaphan (Tha)-16-Radek Stepanek (Tch)

Raquel
05-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Monaco has abig opportunity to make it to the 4th round

23-Sébastien Grosjean (Fra)-Juan Monaco (Arg)
Thierry Ascione (Fra)-Davide Sanguinetti (Ita)
Andreď Pavel (Rou)-Florent Serra (Fra)
Paradorn Srichaphan (Tha)-16-Radek Stepanek (Tch)
That should be a good 1R match with Sebastien. Sebastien looked in good form against Novak yesterday. I'd like to see Andrei make it through this section although it's a long shot. I think Andrei won a lot of fans, especially female fans, with his race from RG to Germany to see his wife give birth. After that, suddenly I am not a neutral watching a Pavel match :lol:

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Pav has been a bit up and down sadly, one good performance and then a not so good one.

If Monaco isn't too nervous he has the game to take out Grosjean who is a shadow of what he can play like.

Aguante_el_Gato
05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Seeing the draw, I pick:
Puerta
Monaco
Andreev

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Ljubo doesn't do well in Slams and Puerta with this draw defintely has some good prospects.

Aguante_el_Gato
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Ljubo doesn't do well in Slams and Puerta with this draw defintely has some good prospects.
agree, and also he has many qualifiers and Massu (actually not at his best form)

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 04:02 PM
agree, and also he has many qualifiers and Massu (actually not at his best form)

Not all the qualifiers are duds, it just depends on which one he gets. Massu is about 2 months away from his best tennis, he'll probably do well in the summer clay events after Wimbledon. It's a chance for him and he has to be good enough to take it.

Aguante_el_Gato
05-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Seeing the draw, I pick:
Puerta
Monaco
Andreev
and for Monaco, I think that playing in good level his first matches he will have good chances. And if thus comes, he can be benefitted from a hard and loooonnng match between Nadal and Gasquet.

Aguante_el_Gato
05-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Not all the qualifiers are duds, it just depends on which one he gets.
Totally agree, I hope he doesn't get many of them (p.e.: Wawrinka, Nieminen, Squillari, Cakl or Vieglen)
Massu is about 2 months away from his best tennis, he'll probably do well in the summer clay events after Wimbledon.
:yeah:

Suzi
05-20-2005, 04:22 PM
sorry the word 'floaters' just makes me :lol:

anyway I hope one of em is Andreev! yup u heard correctly he did quite well last yr and why should that change, the fact that hes been well crap! since valencia shouldnt be a problem hopefully!!

also peurta, monaco and those other clay dudes mite spring up a challenge!

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Totally agree, I hope he doesn't get many of them (p.e.: Wawrinka, Nieminen, Squillari, Cakl or Vieglen)

He hasn't been on this stage for some time and this is his best chance for a good Slam result and now is not the time to blow it.

and for Monaco, I think that playing in good level his first matches he will have good chances. And if thus comes, he can be benefitted from a hard and loooonnng match between Nadal and Gasquet.

I know Seb is playing at home and has had some good results there, but he is definitely gettable for Monaco, just hope Lobo has him primed and ready to go.

vincayou
05-20-2005, 05:17 PM
One of my potential bolters has a tough 1st round match.

Monfils vs Canas

I don't know why but I'm quite confident for Monfils. He has so far put good performances in 1st rounds.

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 05:20 PM
I don't know why but I'm quite confident for Monfils. He has so far put good performances in 1st rounds.

I don't expect many of the French players to beat the Argentines in their first round matches.

Agent X
05-20-2005, 05:46 PM
After the draw I think I give Pavel a decent chance to do well.

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Pavel will play well then lose to Stepanek in 5 sets.

Agent X
05-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Pavel will play well then lose to Stepanek in 5 sets.

Are you making the assumption that the Thai master of clay will be heading out at the first hurdle? I fancy him to go all the way :)

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Are you making the assumption that the Thai master of clay will be heading out at the first hurdle? I fancy him to go all the way :)

Carlsen will take out Coria.

allanah
05-20-2005, 06:01 PM
no Martin Verkerk? Is he injured or did he not qualify?

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 06:02 PM
no Martin Verkerk? Is he injured or did he not qualify?

If he was in the draw, we would have mentioned him here.

He has been injured for a very long time.

Agent X
05-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Carlsen will take out Coria.

Oh if only. Would probably be the funniest thing ever witnessed in tennis. Next to X-Man's default against Ferrer

allanah
05-20-2005, 06:11 PM
If he was in the draw, we would have mentioned him here.

He has been injured for a very long time.

Which is why I asked if his absence was due to injury or not qualifying. But thanks for clearing that up ;)

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Oh if only. Would probably be the funniest thing ever witnessed in tennis. Next to X-Man's default against Ferrer

Actually Ginperi losing 12 games in a row against Mantilla was hilarious.

dbnumberone
05-20-2005, 06:17 PM
He's come up short the last month, but Puerta has a nice draw

dbnumberone
05-20-2005, 06:17 PM
and Niemenen has had good results lately

Agent X
05-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Actually Ginperi losing 12 games in a row against Mantilla was hilarious.

I had money on Mantilla. One of my all time classic matches, I don't think I'll ever forget it.

Action Jackson
05-20-2005, 06:23 PM
I had money on Mantilla. One of my all time classic matches, I don't think I'll ever forget it.

I just bumped an old thread and I can see some ones going for RG in there.

Action Jackson
05-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Knowing the way this draw this all the better qualifiers will be in the top half.

iliketennis
05-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Zabqui has withdrawn :eek: :sobbing:

Plastic Bertrand
05-25-2005, 05:59 AM
Nieminen has had an impact and Acasuso is one that could take out Roddick in the next round.

YoursTruly
05-25-2005, 06:04 AM
I think with the level of talent and fitness now, there's around 20 of them floating around waiting to do some damage.

Action Jackson
05-25-2005, 07:19 AM
I think with the level of talent and fitness now, there's around 20 of them floating around waiting to do some damage.

How about naming some names. :)

JMG
05-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Canas will probably make the semifinal this year. Or even more.

Puschkin
05-25-2005, 07:29 AM

I tend to agree, but the numer 9th seed is not necessarily a "floater" ;)

Action Jackson
05-25-2005, 07:33 AM

Are you taking the piss how is the # 9 seed a floater? The original post did state unseeded players.

JMG
05-25-2005, 09:12 AM
A semifinal woulf be surprise for the media I think. And he only made one QF here, so it would be a special thing for him.

Action Jackson
05-25-2005, 09:16 AM
A semifinal woulf be surprise for the media I think. And he only made one QF here, so it would be a special thing for him.

He is not a floater at all that is the difference and the thread was made for unseeded players, cause if it wasn't then Ferrer and Volandri would easily be in this list as well.

Doris Loeffel
05-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Well I hope Stan can keep his level...

tennischick
05-25-2005, 03:50 PM
speaking of floaters -- how about Felix "the Cat" Mantilla. he just spanked Novak in 5. can the old legs recover in 2 days?

silverwhite
05-25-2005, 03:57 PM

Half right so far. ;)

Raquel
05-25-2005, 10:43 PM
For a floater totally from left field - Stanislas Wawrinka. He is second seed in qualifying and is into the 3rd round but is guaranteed a place in the main draw after Hewitt and Dent pulling out. I have no real evidence that says he is going to make the second week but I hope he does well :D
Maybe this wasn't such a left field choice for dangerous floater after all after his great win against Massu in round 1. Plays Blake in round 2 so he would have to fancy his chances there. Hopp Stanislas ;)

YoursTruly
05-25-2005, 10:48 PM
How about naming some names. :)

There's no need to. They're either known to be or their names will end up in the news anyways after upsetting someone

Ten_Isse_Fan
05-26-2005, 02:53 AM
speaking of floaters -- how about Felix "the Cat" Mantilla. he just spanked Novak in 5. can the old legs recover in 2 days?
How can you SPANK someone in FIVE ? ;)

bad gambler
05-26-2005, 02:58 AM
Chucho today will give roddick problems, an interesting match in prospect

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 03:19 AM
Chucho today will give roddick problems, an interesting match in prospect:lol: according to Gilbert, Andy is going to "gobble up" Acasuso's "weak serve" in 3 sets.

They shouldn't allow Brad to smoke crack before he goes on the air :)

DanEd
05-26-2005, 03:26 AM
:lol: according to Gilbert, Andy is going to "gobble up" Acasuso's "weak serve" in 3 sets.

They shouldn't allow Brad to smoke crack before he goes on the air :)

Acasuso has a good serve. his main problem with it is consistency (very often his first % is low and hit many double faults) but he is technically the best argentine server.

bad gambler
05-26-2005, 03:29 AM
yeah lets hope his love of double faultitis doesn't appear today!

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 03:56 AM
Horna thanks for that performance yesterday, it was one of his best, but come on man what's up with cramps.

Deivid23
05-26-2005, 04:00 AM
Horna thanks for that performance yesterday, it was one of his best, but come on man what's up with cramps.

Hi George

Was Luis bothered by cramps again or did he roll his ankle as I´ve read?

PD: I caught on TV final two sets from Félix, he looked good :)

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 04:02 AM
Hi George

Was Luis bothered by cramps again or did he roll his ankle as I´ve read?

PD: I caught on TV final two sets from Félix, he looked good :)

Did you tape any of the Mantilla match? The warrior in the 5th set and once he made it to the 5th I thought here comes the 3rd round.

Lucho has a lot of problems with cramps, it could have been the ankle, but I was erring on the side of caution.

Deivid23
05-26-2005, 04:06 AM
Did you tape any of the Mantilla match? The warrior in the 5th set and once he made it to the 5th I thought here comes the 3rd round.

Lucho has a lot of problems with cramps, it could have been the ankle, but I was erring on the side of caution.

Couldn´t get more of that two sets just when arriving home and didn´t tape it, anyway I think his match against Gaudio will be broadcasted for sure. From what I´ve seen today, it looks like Teledeporte is showing all matches they can from Spanish players, even matches that are already finished.

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Couldn´t get more of that two sets just when arriving home and didn´t tape it, anyway I think his match against Gaudio will be broadcasted for sure. From what I´ve seen today, it looks like Teledeporte is showing all matches they can from Spanish players, even matches that are already finished.

I hope they are not put on court 17 and good to see him in the 3rd round again.

How funny Vicente is in the 3rd round and now he plays his best friend and will get killed again.

tennischick
05-26-2005, 05:14 AM
How can you SPANK someone in FIVE ? ;)
as long as Felix is the winner, the result is a spanking.

i didn't say that he crushed Novak -- i said he spanked him. that he did ;)

iliketennis
05-26-2005, 05:51 AM

Half right so far. ;)

GWH makes many predictions. A few of them are bound to be fulfilled ;)

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 05:53 AM
GWH makes many predictions. A few of them are bound to be fulfilled ;)

I hope they are the right ones, but so far this RG is going the way I like and it will even be better if a big Argie can take out some Duck.

Please Lucho don't lose to Hanescu.

iliketennis
05-26-2005, 05:58 AM
so far this RG is going the way I like and it will even be better if a big Argie can take out some Duck.

I, along with many others would also like to see this happen :D. I think Andy needs to be put back in place after winning Houston. Houston ain't exactly the most prestigious clay tournament.

Action Jackson
05-26-2005, 06:02 AM
I, along with many others would also like to see this happen :D. I think Andy needs to be put back in place after winning Houston. Houston ain't exactly the most prestigious clay tournament.

Horna played very well yesterday and I have that match on tape, he showed no form and has made an impact.

Mantilla the old warrior did the business against Novak, the guy doesn't have much talent, but he fighting spirit is great.

Nieminen taking out Agassi a match that the Shark should have won in 3 and Puerta has a clear run if good enough.

Acasuso defintely has the capabilities, the question is whether he'll show up mentally.

Action Jackson
05-27-2005, 09:50 AM

Mucho gracias Chucho I said it was time to make a statement and he did coming back from 2 sets down.

silverwhite
05-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Mucho gracias Chucho I said it was time to make a statement and he did coming back from 2 sets down.

Your predictions on Horna and PHM were off the mark though. :p

Action Jackson
05-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Your predictions on Horna and PHM were off the mark though. :p

Mathieu has proved nothing and won't get past Cańas.

silverwhite
05-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Mathieu has proved nothing and won't get past Cańas.

I know, which is why he won't be losing to a "lower-ranked player" like you said he would. That's what I meant when I said your prediction didn't come true. :p

G O
05-27-2005, 10:16 AM

That's because "Chucho" visits these boards.

I like how you quote yourself...so we all can see how smart you are.

Speaking of predictions...don't forget Federers' gonna lose right?

Action Jackson
05-27-2005, 10:16 AM
I know, which is why he won't be losing to a "lower-ranked player" like you said he would. That's what I meant when I said your prediction didn't come true. :p

I said probably and not would, they are different things.

silverwhite
05-27-2005, 10:21 AM
I said probably and not would, they are different things.

OK, so it wasn't a prediction.

Doris Loeffel
05-30-2005, 04:28 PM
So Hanescu made it to the quarters - I for sure didn't expect that

Action Jackson
05-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Hanescu is the one who took out Chela, Horna and Nalbandian very impressive.

Puerta looks like he is on the way there too.

Action Jackson
06-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Puerta the floater has made the final, yay me.

Choupi
06-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Puerta the floater has made the final, yay me.
Congrats for the good pronostic! Or shall I call it a good sensation? Anyway, what's up if he wins the final? You throw a party to celebrate your prediction come true? ;)

Action Jackson
06-04-2005, 01:39 PM
I don't know what I'll do if he wins.

buddyholly
06-04-2005, 01:46 PM
You only got one out of 5, not that great.

Action Jackson
06-04-2005, 01:49 PM
You only got one out of 5, not that great.

It was 2 actually, later on Acasuso was mentioned.

Still 2 more than you stated.

Choupi
06-04-2005, 01:49 PM
I don't know what I'll do if he wins.
Well, you got a little more than 24 hours to think about it!

buddyholly
06-04-2005, 02:07 PM
It was 2 actually, later on Acasuso was mentioned.

Still 2 more than you stated.

I just picked one, Puerta!

Action Jackson
06-04-2005, 02:11 PM
I just picked one, Puerta!

Now, but did you pick him before tournament? The title is in the plural form.

Action Jackson
04-24-2006, 05:21 PM
I look to forward to see which floater has the potential to cause some damage at RG this year.

It seems that many of the potential floaters are very close to being seeded, though with 2 TMS events to go, that will change things for sure.

Safin, Massu, Acasuso, Calleri, Almagro and perhaps Wawrinka seem they could something, though the likelihood of Massu, Acasuso and Safin being seeded is quite high.

Seneca
04-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Well, considering we're just about 1/3 done with the pre-RG European warm-up, most guesses will be pretty far off. Still, I feel Seppi might be up for a quarterfinal run.

David Kenzie
04-24-2006, 07:11 PM
The first post is confusing, shouldn't you create a new thread for 2006 ?

I would pick Safin and Simon.

Action Jackson
05-14-2006, 09:19 AM
The first post is confusing, shouldn't you create a new thread for 2006 ?

I would pick Safin and Simon.

Couldn't be bothered starting another thread, so I just decided to continue with this one.

Almagro will probably miss a seeding and would be the most obvious one, but it doesn't always work like that.

Safin will more than likely be unseeded, then there are guys like Horna among the others that I mentioned that could cause some upsets.

~EMiLiTA~
05-14-2006, 09:26 AM
definitely almagro

vincayou
05-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Gasquet won't probably be seeded. Unless he performs very well at Hamburg.

Action Jackson
05-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Gasquet well maybe the expectations will be slightly less, but something tells me that will be a dream.

Pixie
05-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Gasquet well maybe the expectations will be slightly less, but something tells me that will be a dream.

It depends on whether he'll pass through the first round. Then, Paris should go mad.

Sincerely, I could see him doing something interesting in RG with a good draw since the first to put pressure on him is himself. Given his results, I don't think he's waiting for too much this year. But obviously, a winning streak is a bit better than four matches won in five months as a preparation.

Action Jackson
05-14-2006, 11:01 AM
It depends on whether he'll pass through the first round. Then, Paris should go mad.

Sincerely, I could see him doing something interesting in RG with a good draw since the first to put pressure on him is himself. Given his results, I don't think he's waiting for too much this year. But obviously, a winning streak is a bit better than four matches won in five months as a preparation.

I think he will be Ok in that regard, but the press and the public might have unrealistic expectations if he wins a match.

silverwhite
05-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I think the press will be focused on Monfils, who reached his first TMS SF this week. :lol:

Action Jackson
05-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I think the press will be focused on Monfils, who reached his first TMS SF this week. :lol:

You hope so.

silverwhite
05-14-2006, 11:43 AM
You hope so.

You see through me, GWH. :p

Action Jackson
05-14-2006, 11:45 AM
You see through me, GWH. :p

Well I am looking forward to seeing who is seeded among the bottom numbers.

Knowing RG there will be a quarter with Roddick, Gimelstob, LaLo, Carlsen and Ginepri.

silverwhite
05-14-2006, 11:48 AM
We'll see. Will be exciting for sure. :lol:

Allstar
05-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Nieminen

Jimnik
05-14-2006, 11:57 AM
I think Almagro could be seeded. His ranking will move up to about 43 or 44 this week. I think he only needs to get to the QF in Hamburg to be seeded.

A lot will obviously depend on the draw. Some random unseeded clay player will emerge, from a Roddick-Ljubicic section of the draw, and most likely this player will go on to reach the final.

I think Gasquet and Safin could still be a threat. Maybe Moya and Acasuso, if they're unseeded.

Action Jackson
05-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Nieminen

He is a seed and the criteria for floater is a player that will be unseeded at RG.

Action Jackson
05-14-2006, 11:59 AM
I think Almagro could be seeded. His ranking will move up to about 43 or 44 this week. I think he only needs to get to the QF in Hamburg to be seeded.

Almagro is not playing Hamburg and is back in Pörstchach. So this means he will be unseeded.

Jimnik
05-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Almagro is not playing Hamburg and is back in Pörstchach. So this means he will be unseeded.
DOH! :(

Oh well, there's still hope. Agassi and Andreev have already withdrawn. All we need is 10 more withdrawels and he'll be seeded. ;) Hewitt wil withdraw, right?

propi
05-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Vliegen could be if he plays fine... I don't mean he will win it all ŕ la Henin or so, but he can send home some of the seeded players :)
Then I still keep the faith in any of the Italian guys... Bracciali more than Volandri and Djokovic :)

Experimentee
05-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Almagro, Safin and Acasuso (if hes unseeded)

Experimentee
05-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I also think Wawrinka can do some damage if he plays to his potential at RG.

vincayou
05-14-2006, 04:38 PM

pressure can be good. When you do sport at this level, you want to play with a whole stadium behind you, not in the empty court 25, even if it means less pressure.

Action Jackson
05-15-2006, 04:52 AM
DOH! :(

Oh well, there's still hope. Agassi and Andreev have already withdrawn. All we need is 10 more withdrawels and he'll be seeded. ;) Hewitt wil withdraw, right?

Hewitt might withdraw, then again he might not, but I don't think Superstar will be seeded.

Action Jackson
05-15-2006, 04:54 AM
pressure can be good. When you do sport at this level, you want to play with a whole stadium behind you, not in the empty court 25, even if it means less pressure.

Mauresmo is a perfect example of who handle the home expectations and I see Gasquet in the same vein when it comes that side of things.

Action Jackson
05-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Hopefully Lucho can do something again, he has taken out 2 top seeds at RG before.

Pixie
05-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Mauresmo is a perfect example of who handle the home expectations and I see Gasquet in the same vein when it comes that side of things.

I might be wrong but I feel the contrary. Given his level of play in davis cup, the guy seems to like big events, big tournaments. I'd rather see him as a Leconte than a Mauresmo, able to raise his game in these moments. But only time will tell though.

fadou
05-15-2006, 11:00 AM
yeah, gasquet is used to be under pressure since 1995 when he was 9

but he isn't like mauresmo who lose because of pressure in roland while gasquet lost against the futur winner (nadal) last year and he said that was sad because he was able to beat another players before his meeting against nadal

Merton
05-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Gasquet, Safin, Almagro will not be seeded and i am not sure if Moya is.

Jimnik
05-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I'll be really pissed off if Safin has to play Nadal, Federer or any other top player in the 1st round.

ugotlobbed
05-15-2006, 07:31 PM
isnt puerta on probation

Action Jackson
05-16-2006, 08:52 AM
I might be wrong but I feel the contrary. Given his level of play in davis cup, the guy seems to like big events, big tournaments. I'd rather see him as a Leconte than a Mauresmo, able to raise his game in these moments. But only time will tell though.

He is still overrated for me, just cause a player has a nice backhand and some talente doesn't mean he is going to be achieve all he can.

The lack of preparation might go against him here, but funny how he has been overhyped, has-been, useless, overhyped and now forgotten about in his career so far.

vincayou
05-16-2006, 09:08 AM
He is still overrated for me, just cause a player has a nice backhand and some talente doesn't mean he is going to be achieve all he can.

The lack of preparation might go against him here, but funny how he has been overhyped, has-been, useless, overhyped and now forgotten about in his career so far.

His talent is not overrated. But his mental is what might prevent him from having a brillant career. More often than not, he won't show any fight or will in a match. If Nadal had the same mental, he wouldn't have won anything either.

Pixie
05-16-2006, 09:52 AM

I can totally understand why you feel he is overrated, although it depends on what bases you're talking about. I mean, if you take into account the numerous comparisons with Federer like *mini-fed* here on mtf or his position in the markets for RG yes he obviously is. But you know better than me that mtf is a place where dreams of fans and players' future achievements are tied. He may achieve all he can or he may not. As for me, that's always a pleasure to see him play apart from matches where he gives up the fight. (but I am sure you know that with some of your faves ;) ).

His defeat in Hambourg shows that RG will probably come to soon to be a dangerous floater. That said I don't expect him to be a boat people there either.

Action Jackson
05-16-2006, 10:04 AM
It doesn't matter who I like or who I don't, at this point in time Gasquet is overrated. This might change in the future, not then and not at this point in time.

Look at all the hysteria after he beat Federer at Monte Carlo in 2005, it was like the second coming and the messiah was going to save French tennis among other things.

Pixie
05-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Well, I didn't say you don't like him and as you point it out, it doesn't matter much. The fact is that french medias and tennis fans desesperate to have a new RG winner and gasquet is perhaps the most gifted player since Leconte. And you know, you're talking about his win vs Fed last year but don't forget that a french tennis mag put him in cover when he has 9 years old which is also frightening in many aspects.

But not everybody overrate him : I, like many others, reckon he's made his first achievement in becoming n°12, and I just believe he can do far better. Will he do it is another story, but being far from mature in every way, the guy will need more time than less precocious youngsters imo.

Action Jackson
05-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Well yes I remember the hype when he was 15 about Gasquet and it was bad then, that Fed win just helped it even more. He still has a lot to prove.

alexa18
05-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Even though Safin is playing absolutely crap, he always seems to play ok at RG. Remember this time last year he was playing just as shitty and then RG came around and he still did well. He beat J.C Ferrero a former champion in the third round and I thought was unlucky against Robredo in the round of 16. So I think he could be dangerous for the seeded players :eek: because he really wants to do well there and it's his favourite tournie.

Aguante_el_Gato
05-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Almagro, Volandri, Gasquet, Safin, Calleri, Martin

Aguante_el_Gato
05-16-2006, 09:04 PM
I didn't include Chucho as it seems he will be seeded ;)

Black Adam
05-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Monfils if in great shape and determined can go far plus crowd support :aplot:

Deivid23
05-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Of course, Mucho

Action Jackson
05-17-2006, 07:05 AM
I didn't include Chucho as it seems he will be seeded ;)

Yes, Chucho will probably get a very tough section.

Puschkin
05-17-2006, 07:22 AM
I'll be really pissed off if Safin has to play Nadal....... in the 1st round.

Maybe not in the first round, but I eagerly want these two to meet. :devil: It is almost two years since I am waiting.

As for the dangerous floaters: All the Frenchies, if they can turn the pressure and expectations into positive motivation. As many of them are very talented, if they get on top of the wave, many things can happen.....

Action Jackson
05-17-2006, 07:26 AM
As for the dangerous floaters: All the Frenchies, if they can turn the pressure and expectations into positive motivation. As many of them are very talented, if they get on top of the wave, many things can happen.....

That made a lot of sense as a few of the French players will be seeded, therefore not meaning all of them.:)

Puschkin
05-17-2006, 02:33 PM
That made a lot of sense as a few of the French players will be seeded, therefore not meaning all of them.:)

ah George, a little bit more generosity ;). Besides, I can't think of too many seeded Frenchies apart from Grosjean and Monfils

Raquel
05-17-2006, 11:14 PM
I read Jon Wertheim's early Roland Garros semi finalist predictions. His semi finalists were

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Nalbandian
4. "For our fourth semifinalist, it's not hard to envision a Nicolas Almagro or a Jose Acasuso sneaking through."

Deivid23
05-17-2006, 11:17 PM
I read Jon Wertheim's early Roland Garros semi finalist predictions. His semi finalists were

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Nalbandian
4. "For our fourth semifinalist, it's not hard to envision a Nicolas Almagro or a Jose Acasuso sneaking through."

Even Wertheim can make a good prediction ocasionally

Merton
05-17-2006, 11:19 PM

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Nalbandian

It seems he got tired of picking Monfils as a semifinalist.

Andre♥
05-17-2006, 11:37 PM
My Top 10:

1. Nicolas Almagro
2. Marat Safin
3. Richard Gasquet
4. Paul-Henri Mathieu
5. Kristof Vliegen
6. Ivo Karlovic
7. Florent Serra
8. Filippo Volandri
9. Gilles Simon
10. Robin Soderling

Action Jackson
05-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Even Wertheim can make a good prediction ocasionally

Yes, Worthless did call Gaudio as a semi finalist in 2004 and that was one of his better calls.

Argenbrit
05-18-2006, 06:27 AM
It seems he got tired of picking Monfils as a semifinalist.

That he did. :lol:

Merton
05-19-2006, 05:01 AM
The seeds are now complete. Moya, Verdasco, Acasuso will all be seeded. Actually some of the dark horses may get a better draw than those seeded 25-32.

drf716
05-19-2006, 11:20 AM
i do think evgeny korolev can be a challenge as well
he's just 18 yrs. and he beat moya before. he's #149 but i hope he can play and plays well in paris.

Purple Rainbow
05-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Yes, Worthless did call Gaudio as a semi finalist in 2004 and that was one of his better calls.

He actually picked ToJo as semifinalist for Wimbledon 2005. That one was brilliant!

almouchie
05-19-2006, 12:36 PM
why do we know the seeds for RG from now
how is Almagro not seeded
& the likes of Volandri & Jaunqui going to be seeded

Action Jackson
05-21-2006, 04:34 PM
how is Almagro not seeded
& the likes of Volandri & Jaunqui going to be seeded

Almagro's ranking isn't high enough that is why he is not seeded. Volandri doesn't do much in the Slams, though he has the game to knock out a seeded player depending on who it is.

Champion number 1
05-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Volandri wont be seeded. He is like not even top 50 now because of his poor form.

On his day Volandri can beat many top players as he has shown before, but yeah I cant see him getting past round two or three depending on the draw.

mandoura
05-21-2006, 07:05 PM
My Top 10:

1. Nicolas Almagro
2. Marat Safin
3. Richard Gasquet
4. Paul-Henri Mathieu
5. Kristof Vliegen
6. Ivo Karlovic
7. Florent Serra
8. Filippo Volandri
9. Gilles Simon
10. Robin Soderling

Yes but I'll put them in that order:

1. Nicolas Almagro
2. Marat Safin
3. Richard Gasquet
4. Florent Serra
5. Paul-Henri Mathieu
6. Kristof Vliegen
7. Filippo Volandri
8. Gilles Simon
9. Ivo Karlovic
10. Robin Soderling

Action Jackson
05-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Yes but I'll put them in that order:

1. Nicolas Almagro
2. Marat Safin
3. Richard Gasquet
4. Florent Serra
5. Paul-Henri Mathieu
6. Kristof Vliegen
7. Filippo Volandri
8. Gilles Simon
9. Ivo Karlovic
10. Robin Soderling

Mathieu is seeded.

oz_boz
05-22-2006, 01:11 PM
All unseeded players are dangerous floaters, considering the performances from the claycourters so far this year (Nadal and Federer not included). Robredo losing to Rusedski, Moya to Blake, Davydenko to Karlovic :rolleyes:

Action Jackson
05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
All unseeded players are dangerous floaters, considering the performances from the claycourters so far this year (Nadal and Federer not included). Robredo losing to Rusedski, Moya to Blake, Davydenko to Karlovic :rolleyes:

You're joking about all of them dangerous, as that is not the case. Wes Moodie is someone on clay that would be a great draw for a seed among others.

silverwhite
05-23-2006, 04:38 PM
You're joking about all of them dangerous, as that is not the case. Wes Moodie is someone on clay that would be a great draw for a seed among others.

I'd like to see Srichaphan vs Moodie on clay :hearts:

Action Jackson
05-23-2006, 04:57 PM
I'd like to see Srichaphan vs Moodie on clay :hearts:

Once the draw comes out the CCC thread will get bumped for sure.

Action Jackson
05-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Now Almagro lost early in Pörtschach, will Starace be the new star floater? Yes, that is a joke.

Champion number 1
05-25-2006, 03:39 PM
I would say Starace is someone you wouldnt want to play against. Not an easy opponent.

Action Jackson
05-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Starace can push the big guys on clay, but he doesn't beat them.

Champion number 1
05-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Agreed, but big players dont want him. They would obviously prefer the 1 1 and 1 wins.

Champion number 1
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Having said that Starace is getting a beating from Davydenko right now!

Action Jackson
05-25-2006, 07:00 PM
The draw will be out soon and just hope that all the good floaters aren't in the same half of the draw.

Action Jackson
05-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Well Safin has the perfect chance to do something in the 1st round against Gonzalez.

Almagro is in a good section and should make the 4th round, he would have to do something stupid to lose to either Blake or the Srich in the 2nd round, presuming he gets through the qualies.

Santoro could easily take the piss and frustrate the hell out of Chucho. Djokovic and Horna play each other.

Volandri nice backhand, but does little in the Slams.

silverwhite
05-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Unfortunately, Fab isn't in very good form. Clay is not his favourite surface because he has to run a lot. :sad:

Action Jackson
05-26-2006, 11:45 AM
del Potro if he plays Gaudio.

Gaudio has the potential to lose to qualifier.

Champion number 1
05-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Volandri has a really tough section so I doubt he will get anywhere here. Berdych has his number and so does Kiefer really so Filo wont get past round 2 and 3.

Action Jackson
05-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately, Fab isn't in very good form. Clay is not his favourite surface because he has to run a lot. :sad:

Fab is playing at home and he is capable of making the stoner look like a hibernating bear.

Action Jackson
05-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Korolev and Massa.

Merton
05-19-2007, 05:33 AM
BUMP.

It seems that the seeds have been determined, I think it only remains to see whether Haas will play. Almagro will not be seeded after today's loss against Hewitt.

Johnny Groove
05-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Nadal, I think this is where he will have his breakthrough

Jimnik
05-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Ancic, Murray and Malisse are out. I believe Almagro would need another two or three withdrawals to be seeded.

Other than him, I guess Acasuso, Massu and maybe Starace could be dangerous. Off course there are the chokers Mathieu and Verdasco that could pull off early round upsets, but they won't get very far. Maybe Monfils could still find some form and be dangerous. And Karlovic? You never know.

RickDaStick
05-19-2007, 05:43 AM
As mentioned above, Almagro and Verdasco are my top 2 floaters.

Action Jackson
05-19-2007, 05:45 AM
The King doesn't need a seeding, it's more rewarding winning matches this way having to play good opposition early.

Merton
05-19-2007, 05:47 AM
Andreev, hopefully he will draw Mardy Fish in R1. If Zabaleta is 100% he may be dangerous, I am sure he will qualify. Hopefully Chucho will do better than last year.

Kolya
05-19-2007, 05:48 AM
Soderling.

Merton
05-19-2007, 05:48 AM
The King only goes to Paris for relaxation, he will be tanned, rested and ready for the big one.

RickDaStick
05-19-2007, 05:49 AM
For some reason im feeling like Ljubo will get one of the following in the 1st round Verdasco,Andreev,Almagro,Volandri :devil:

Action Jackson
05-19-2007, 05:49 AM
Soderling.

He will be seeded.

Action Jackson
05-19-2007, 05:50 AM
After the draw Ljubo got last year, he is bound to get someone like Acasuso in addition to the ones Ivan mentioned.

Merton
05-19-2007, 05:50 AM
For some reason im feeling like Ljubo will get one of the following in the 1st round Verdasco,Andreev,Almagro,Volandri :devil:

Getting Puerta in R1 in 2005 is enough luck for a career, hopefully Ivan will do better than that.

RickDaStick
05-19-2007, 05:51 AM
Getting Puerta in R1 in 2005 is enough luck for a career, hopefully Ivan will do better than that.

Even worse a Puerta on the juice :devil:

Action Jackson
05-19-2007, 05:57 AM
The Mastellis in Monaco and Horna could make the 3rd round.

Every good claycourt player wants to draw Fish, Gimelstob (except Massu ) and Ginepri in the 1st round.

Merton
05-19-2007, 06:03 AM
Title winners on clay this season that will be unseeded: Lucho, Monaco, Karlovic, Mucho, PHM.

Sean.J.S.
05-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Verdasco, Andreev, Almagro & Moya. :yeah:

VolandriFan
05-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Moya, Del Potro, Monaco, Almagro, Acasuso, Gaudio, Verdasco, Mathieu, Andreev, Grosjean.

Does anyone know if Mariano Z will be playing in the qualifying draw?

Action Jackson
05-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Zabaleta is the number 1 seed in qualies.

VolandriFan
05-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks. So he just missed out on direct entry :sad:

Maybe the qualifying will do him good, if he gets through and isn't too fatigued, that is.

adee-gee
05-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Montcourt and Hernandez.

VolandriFan
05-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Montcourt and Hernandez.

How could I forget Hernandez? :worship:

ChinoRios4Ever
05-19-2007, 06:23 PM
King Oscar :worship:
Almagro
Acasuso
Monaco
Del Potro
Grosjean
Mathieu
Massu :boxing:
Gaudio :scared:
Andreev
Verdasco

ChinoRios4Ever
05-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Every good claycourt player wants to draw Fish, Gimelstob (except Massu ) and Ginepri in the 1st round.

:haha: :haha: very true...

Mateya
05-19-2007, 07:35 PM
-Almagro
-Chela
-PHM

:devil: Be afraid....be very afraid :scared: :devil:
:devil:

ranaldo
05-19-2007, 08:17 PM
I'd say Davydenko, Djokovic, Chela and Almagro if he rents a brain for the fortnight.

G4.
05-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Davydenko Djokovic are no floaters , anything less than Quarter finals would be dissapointing for them

Julio
05-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Monaco should go far at Roland Garros. He was really impressive against Federer in Hamburg.

Allez
05-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Nadal will be a very very dangerous floater this year...

Roddickominator
05-20-2007, 01:44 AM
Andy Roddick

azza
05-20-2007, 02:38 AM
Peter Luczak

njnetswill
05-20-2007, 04:24 AM
I thought floaters could only be nonseeded players. :shrug:

happy928
05-20-2007, 04:28 AM
Andy Roddick

:haha:

this is a joke, right? :wavey:

El Legenda
05-20-2007, 04:36 AM
Andy Roddick

the 5-8 seeds are praying hard to be in Roddicks QT.

wenty
05-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Verdasco could be dangerous, along with PHM, Grosjean and Andreev.