Back from Roland Garros, it was great! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Back from Roland Garros, it was great!

FrogBurger
05-18-2005, 10:37 AM
its like a magnet force pulling me there. take the risk of coming back late and getting trouble... do i go for an hour, or not? :)

El Legenda
05-18-2005, 10:52 AM
ur wasting time by posting here :)

FrogBurger
05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Youre actually right. dont watch tennis on tv, dont know much about the pro game etc. But i cant delete the thread. how come we cant delete threads?

El Legenda
05-18-2005, 11:01 AM
u cant do it...need admin to delete it..

CooCooCachoo
05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
You should go :D Always :)

Mrs. B
05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Go! ;)

FrogBurger
05-18-2005, 11:06 AM
You should go :D Always :)

Yes i think i have to go. :) who wouldnt go? what kind of tennis enthusiast would i be if i didnt go. Ive been at job 3+ years, never been reprimanded for anything, i think its time to take the dive. But 15 euros for one hour :confused: Im going, and nothing you can say will stop me.

michelleg
05-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Allez you fool. That's a no-brainer.

Speaking of no-brainers, I'll be there on Friday afternoon. :) Will you?

joeb_uk
05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Frog! you always make me laugh :D ;)

FrogBurger
05-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Allez you fool. That's a no-brainer.

Speaking of no-brainers, I'll be there on Friday afternoon. :) Will you?

Of Course Michelle, I will be there. Can I pack a sandwich lunch for you?

Yeah, I have to go, just to be inside and feel the nice ambiance. I have no camera today but so what. Im only taking 24 shots or so this year, so no extensive photos from me. I'll give you the same annoying bad match reports, player gossip, what are they wearing etc etc. :angel: I will be back about 2h45 i hope, and hopefully nobody will notice a thing.

Yasmine
05-18-2005, 12:18 PM
:smash: are you bored???:p

avocadoe
05-18-2005, 12:22 PM
lucky lucky frogburger :)

hablovah19
05-18-2005, 01:00 PM
:bounce: well I'll be there on tuesday!! :bounce:

michelleg
05-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Of Course Michelle, I will be there. Can I pack a sandwich lunch for you?

Yeah, I have to go, just to be inside and feel the nice ambiance. I have no camera today but so what. Im only taking 24 shots or so this year, so no extensive photos from me. I'll give you the same annoying bad match reports, player gossip, what are they wearing etc etc. :angel: I will be back about 2h45 i hope, and hopefully nobody will notice a thing.

So you're in charge of play-by-play, I'll be photo journalist...

And thanks for the sandwich offer, but I'll be chugging cafe long...my surefire jetlag remedy.

Anyone else notice that the weather forecast has changed for the 456th time in the past five days????

See ya there! Your challenge is to try and find me :)

connectolove
05-18-2005, 01:42 PM
C'mon! you can do it, it is only a few metro stops away! Regain that confidence!!!!

I'll start a cheering thread for you to do it. Boy, we need RG bad so we can entertain ourselves...

FrogBurger
05-18-2005, 01:55 PM
FrogBurger back here with Sesame Street News! GOSH I FEEL LIKE A THIEF! That was just outstanding: I took the metro, it took about 12 minutes and then I ran about 2 kilometers with my backpack, maybe longer. bought a ticket and i was in. First i watched about 4 games of Cara Black v. Meusberger. Cara always dresses the same. They both looked quite good with Meusberger applying more pressure it seems at least she had harder groundstrokes. Cara hit a lot of slice backhands and some defensive slice forehands when needed. she rolls the ball back a lot. Then i went to the other side down by the ramps at Suzanne lenglen. Tina pisnik came out. i didnt recognize her cause she has thick Blond hair (very pretty), but then i saw her sign an autograph for a kid and i recognized her signature and i said hI Tina you changer your hair. she signed Coocoocachoos photo from his picture thread earlier this year. Then i watched some of the Bammer match against a woman with along last name and a hyphen. jesus she could make rain with that ball toss. Excellent exchanges, a few at net too and the match was almost over at 5-1 but she fought back. then i watched some of the Stosur/Ashley match.... shit i'll come back with more, i have some work to do, the nerve of them.

Cribs: it was awesome. weather is beautiful, no clouds in the sky. very few people, tons of ice cream and lots of smiles. Best hour i ever stole.

Mrs. B
05-18-2005, 02:38 PM
right on, Kermit! :cool:

joeb_uk
05-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Frog, do you ever do any work? ;)

maratski
05-18-2005, 08:30 PM
No rain on saturday???? That would be great!

Whoever meets Marat in the coming days, do NOT spoil my surprise for him ;)

FrogBurger
05-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Who is this Marat anyway? What is the surprise?

joeb_uk
05-18-2005, 09:27 PM
lol yeah the surprise? wtf :shrug:

Marine
05-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Today I was at 3 metro stop aways..and I couldn't resist to go just to see my favorite place in Paris... what's your station ?

maratski
05-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Who is this Marat anyway? What is the surprise?

If I tell you it won't be a surprise anymore, although the safinettes ( safin fans ;) ) know. Read my sig btw.

Hagar
05-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Get away ASAP from your screen and GO!!!
I wouldn't hesitate if RG was only 6 metro stops away...

CooCooCachoo
05-19-2005, 08:02 AM
Going again today, Paul?

Kristen
05-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Going again today, Paul?
hehe didn't take you long to return :p

Paul....you owe it to yourself to attend tennis tournaments at every opportunity ;)

Choupi
05-19-2005, 11:33 AM
If I had the chance to be as close to RG as you, I wouldn't be hesitating any single second! :D My boss would have to do without me... :angel:

joeb_uk
05-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Ahh so frog is also known as paul! :D

I should think he is there already!

FrogBurger
05-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Back just a half hour ago from RG. Great day. I didnt watch entire matches but choose to watch sets. I watched the first set of the James Blake match. Also saw the exciting parts of the Clarisa Fernandez match. and many others. Binerova v. Gubasci was really exciting and turned on just a point or 2. Otherwise for info sake, i only see a few men and women in the main draw. Gasquet, Mathieu Safin Henman Ascione Tsonga Santoro and Vento-Kabchi on the womens side were basically most of the players in the main draw that I saw today. Malisse was present but I didnt see him. I know Andy Practiced at 11 and that Youzhny Henman and a few others practiced but thats about it. I didnt see andy or Youzhny. If someone wants to the auto that Tim Henman signed today its my second so you can have it. Ill try to write more later if youre interested in the tennis shots i saw today but suffice to say that the matches were awesome and the energy was high. There was lots of outbursts from the players in terms of yelling and stuff so it was very thirlling.

Choupi
05-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the review! I'm jealous! :devil: And I'm so looking forward to next week. It's gonna be my turn! :D

jes_021
05-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Wish I could get to RG in my lunch break, but that would have to be a big lunchbreak of a whole day. ;) Don't think my boss would be to happy about that.