ESPNís dream and nightmare French Open draws [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ESPNís dream and nightmare French Open draws

JennyS
05-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Will the FO draw offer hope for ESPN producers hoping that Andy and Andre can make it through to the later stages of the tournament or will one or both have a section full of great claycourters? What draw would be the best and worst case scenario for ESPN? List the worst or best opponent for each round, taking rankings and draws opening up into account. Have fun:)

ESPNís nightmare FO draw

Andy Roddick
1st round: Rainer Schuetler
2nd round: Fernando Verdasco
3rd round: Richard Gasquet
4th round: Carlos Moya
quarters: Rafael Nadal
semis: Roger Federer
finals: Marat Safin

Andre Agassi:
1st round: Juan Carlos Ferrero
2nd round: Fabrice Santoro
3rd round: Fernando Gonzalez
4th round:Guillermo Coria
qf: Roger Federer
sf: Rafael Nadal
f:Marat Safin

Best possible scenario

Andy Roddick
1st round: Robby Ginepri
2nd round: Mardy Fish
3rd round: Kenneth Carlsen
4th round:Max Mirnyi
qf: Sebastien Grosjean
sf: Ivo Karlovic
f: Andre Agassi

Andre Agassi
1st round: Paradorn Srichaphan
2nd round: Wayne Arthurs
3rd round: Taylor Dent
4th round Greg Rusedski
qf: Xavier Malisse
sf: Dominik Hrbaty
f: Andy Roddick

blosson
05-17-2005, 08:11 PM
the easiest possible scenario...:haha: :haha:

aceit
05-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Your "best possible scenario"s made me laugh.

I think the American men will do better than last year (well, that's not tough to beat), but they obviously won't do as well here as on hard or grass courts.

I hope ESPN has better coverage this year and will make a few smarter choices (I can dream, right?)

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 08:12 PM
You should replace Karlovic with Robredo for ESPN's dream draw for Andy :)

Fee
05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
who the hell is Carlsen going to beat to make it to the 3rd round?

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 08:15 PM
who the hell is Carlsen going to beat to make it to the 3rd round?Yea, and Karlovic is gonna make the semis!:haha:

aceit
05-17-2005, 08:15 PM
And Greg to the 4th? :haha:

Even Mardy to the 2nd round!

Sjengster
05-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Exactly Fee - and moreover, even the most deluded ESPN optimist cannot seriously hope that Karlovic cuts a swathe through the draw with his superb baseline game, marathon endurance, sterling defensive qualities and accomplished claycourt mobility to reach the semi-finals.

Sjengster
05-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Yea, and Karlovic is gonna make the semis!:haha:

Yeah, that's basically what I should have said. ;)

blosson
05-17-2005, 08:18 PM
ESPN's dream final at RG: Andy vs Agassi. :lol:

BBC's dream final Hennman vs Ruseski

real life final: top clay courter vs top clay courter

Sjengster
05-17-2005, 08:20 PM
RG public's dream final: Agassi vs Gasquet/Henman/Federer

RG public's nightmare final: Chela vs Massu

Golfnduck
05-17-2005, 08:26 PM
God, the Chela vs. Massu final would never end. It would come down to who would choke more.

Angle Queen
05-17-2005, 08:27 PM
RG public's dream final: Agassi vs Gasquet/Henman/Federer

RG public's nightmare final: Chela vs Massu:haha:

Oh gosh...stop my side from hurting now.

tangerine_dream
05-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Seeing as how an American hasn't been in the French Open finals for years, I seriously doubt ESPN is holding it's breath hoping to see any of our guys in the quarterfinals, let alone the finals.

And why exactly would Marat be a "nightmare final"? He's been getting a lot of press in the states lately and according to his fans, he's very popular here so why would it be nightmarish? :confused:

I think ESPN would be thrilled to have Marat in the final. He's a USO champion so he's surely more recognizable to some parts of the audience than Gaudio is. And ditto Nadal in a dream final, who's also been hogging up the media limelight here. Can't get away from this kid.

Agent X
05-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Nicolas Massu in a Grand Slam Final :scared:

Sjengster
05-17-2005, 08:34 PM
It would be good if Chela and Massu both made an agreement to hit nothing but off-forehands from the backhand corner back to each other all day, thus leaving half of the court completely unused. But really, the only winner that day would be Fernando Aguirre - and tennis, of course.

Fee
05-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Yea, and Karlovic is gonna make the semis!:haha:

Karlovic makes the semis of a clay slam, I'm taking the bottled water, canned goods, and a copy of 'Left Behind' into the bomb shelter. You can call me from 'above ground' and tell me what other 'signs' are happening.

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Karlovic makes the semis of a clay slam, I'm taking the bottled water, canned goods, and a copy of 'Left Behind' into the bomb shelter. You can call me from 'above ground' and tell me what other 'signs' are happening.:haha: :haha: Will do ;)

Agent X
05-17-2005, 08:43 PM
This is a pretty good idea for a new thread........

adelaide
05-17-2005, 08:47 PM
You should replace Karlovic with Robredo for ESPN's dream draw for Andy :)
ouch that hurtsssssssssssss :sad:

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 08:52 PM
ouch that hurtsssssssssssss :sad:Sowwy.... I like Tommy and all... but he's a slightly more realistic RG semifinalist than Karlovic.... and Andy OWNS him.

:hug:

Turkeyballs Paco
05-17-2005, 09:55 PM
:lol: We have already started moaning about ESPN and RG is still over a week off. I guess we know what to expect, huh? That's why I've been loving the tennis channel, they really give you everything they can.

Remember, it's not just Roddick and Agassi, we'll have Sharapova, Williams, Williams, and Davenport, too. :D

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 10:09 PM
ESPN's coverage is actually quite impressive this year.
--------------------------
ESPN2, ESPN Classic Plans Record Roland Garros Coverage
By Tennis Week
05/17/2005

Roland Garros will reach American audiences as an instant classic. ESPN Classic will televise the French Open for the first time, offering live daily coverage from Paris starting at 5 a.m. Eastern time during the first week of the French fortnight. ESPN2 will also provide daily coverage throughout the French fortnight.

The 2005 Roland Garros begins on Monday. To view the Roland Garros Television schedule, please click this TV Schedule link (http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=377).

ESPN2 and ESPN Classic's combined coverage schedule includes an unprecedented 109.5 hours from Roland Garros, including 80.5 hours of live coverage. Last year, ESPN networks scheduled 88 hours of coverage and aired a total of 99 hours of coverage from Roland Garros.

The network's decision to air its entire Australian Open coverage exclusively on ESPN2 ó rather than bounce back and forth between ESPN and ESPN2 as it had done in prior years ó paid dividends as ESPN2's live coverage of Serena Williams' 2-6, 6-3, 6-0 victory over top-seeded Lindsay Davenport in the Australian Open final registered a 1.5 rating and was viewed in an average 1.35 million households making it ESPN2's highest-rated and most-viewed tennis telecast in history. Five of ESPN2's top six-rated telecasts in history occurred during the 2005 Australian Open.

Tennis fans tired of the network's propensity to air compelling matches on tape-delay in previous years. ESPN executives said the move to ESPN2 and ESPN Classic enables the network to televise more live tennis. It may also aid a ratings rise as fans won't have to channel surf to find the French Open.

"The move to ESPN2 ó and utilizing ESPN Classic on weekday mornings ó allows us to bolster our schedule to better serve tennis fans with what they crave: more live tennis," said Mark Shapiro, ESPN executive vice president, programming and production. "In a very short time we have established ESPN2 as America's tennis destination network ó The Grand Slam Network."

Planned highlights for the French fortnight include:

Each weekday through the quarterfinals on Wednesday, June 1st, fans will be treated to at least nine hours of continuous live coverage.

ESPN2 will televise both women's semifinals live Thursday, June 2nd and one men's semifinal Friday, June 3rd.

A nightly highlights show (90 minutes or two hours) will be aired on ESPN2 for the first 12 days of the tournament, through Friday, June 3rd.

The tournament will again conclude with one-hour SportsCenter at the French Open specials on ESPN2 immediately following NBC's coverage of the women's final on June 4th and the men's final on June 5th.

Multi-Emmy Award winner Dick Enberg, who completed his career Grand Slam at the Australian Open in January, will call his 19th French Open, along with Cliff Drysdale and Tim Ryan, analysts Mary Carillo, Mary Joe Fernandez, Brad Gilbert, Patrick McEnroe and Pam Shriver. Shriver will also frequently be utilized as a roving reporter covering play in "outer courts" and the scene around the grounds of Roland Garros. Chris Fowler and Suzy Kolber will share on-site host duties. Also, Kit Hoover, seen over the last two years as a co-host on ESPN2's Cold Pizza and as a judge on Dream Job, will join the ESPN tennis team as a features reporter, focusing on topics off the court and around Paris.

ESPN Classic's presentations will be distinguished by an added emphasis on the great history at Roland Garros, with vignettes highlighting great moments in French Open history and excerpts from pertinent episodes of the Emmy Award-winning SportsCentury series.

Billabong
05-17-2005, 10:12 PM
:lol:;)

Fee
05-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Well that's just effing wonderful. ESPN Classic is not basic cable or enhanced basic for most US cable subscribers. It's usually part of the digital sports tier and that costs more money. Fantabulous. :rolleyes:

And with that broadcasting team we could make a drinking game out of the mistakes and mispronunciations they will make. Be drunk within the first hour, everyday.

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Fee, what's amusing is I get TTC but not ESPN Classic :haha: They let me add the digital sports tier (where TTC is) without adding the whole digital classic package. I wonder if they'll let me do it for one week? :angel:

and OMG PLEASE start a thread about the drinking game!! That will be hilarious!

Fee
05-17-2005, 10:40 PM
I will not be responsible for Americans walking around drunk at 7 am Eastern, 4 am Pacific. YOU start the thread :lol:

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 10:40 PM
You're no funnnnnn :ras:

Clara Bow
05-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Seeing as how an American hasn't been in the French Open finals for years, I seriously doubt ESPN is holding it's breath hoping to see any of our guys in the quarterfinals, let alone the finals.

And why exactly would Marat be a "nightmare final"? He's been getting a lot of press in the states lately and according to his fans, he's very popular here so why would it be nightmarish?

I think ESPN would be thrilled to have Marat in the final. He's a USO champion so he's surely more recognizable to some parts of the audience than Gaudio is. And ditto Nadal in a dream final, who's also been hogging up the media limelight here. Can't get away from this kid.

I agree. I think the ESPN powers that be are realistic and aren't putting all of their eggs in an American in the final basket.

Marat has gotten a lot of press in the States before and Nadal is getting a very large of press for a male tennis player (which is even more remarkable when you consider that he's not from the US.) As Tangy pointed out in another thread the press that Nadal is getting here know reminds me a bit of the press Andy got when he was an up-and-comer and during the 2003 hard court season. Not quite on the same level- but still quite a bit.

I think if no Yanks are in the finals (which is likely), ESPN and NBC would love to have Marat or Nadal in the finals. I think that a Fed/Rafael rematch in the final would be pleasing to the powers that be. I think they wouldn't mind if Gasquet made some noise in the tourney either.

Also, Kit Hoover, seen over the last two years as a co-host on ESPN2's Cold Pizza and as a judge on Dream Job, will join the ESPN tennis team as a features reporter, focusing on topics off the court and around Paris

Nooooooooooo! She is a nitwit. I always thought she had a brain on the first season of Road Rules but it has since vacated her cranium. She makes me cringe whenever I happen to catch her by accident on Cold Pizza.

MisterQ
05-17-2005, 10:49 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! They can't switch it to ESPN Classic! :bigcry: :banghead: So they are planning on putting most of the live day action on that network?! Why do they hate me?!

Clara Bow
05-17-2005, 10:55 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! They can't switch it to ESPN Classic! So they are planning on putting most of the live day action on that network?! Why do they hate me?!

Is the package that has ESPN Classic pretty expensive in parts of the country? I've noticed a lot of people don't have it. We have all of the ESPN Channels, the TTC sports tier, all of the arts channels (including BBC America and all of that), all of the Spanish language channels, lots of the movie channels, a lot of newschannels, etc. all for a pretty fair monthly price in my opinion.*

I'm just wondering if cable is a lot more expensive in parts of the country. I hope I don't sound tacky- don't mean to be.

* Please note that I love TV with a passion that burns deep and true so "fair price" in my eyes may seem expensive to other people.

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 10:58 PM
yeah, it is more expensive. When I was in Houston, my cable was so cheap and I got EVERYTHING. In LA, it's literally double and I get way fewer stations. And it's the same story here in Boston. Lots of things I've found are cheaper in Texas than on both coasts.

MisterQ
05-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Is the package that has ESPN Classic pretty expensive in parts of the country? I've noticed a lot of people don't have it. We have all of the ESPN Channels, the TTC sports tier, all of the arts channels (including BBC America and all of that), all of the Spanish language channels, lots of the movie channels, a lot of newschannels, etc. all for a pretty fair monthly price in my opinion.*

I'm just wondering if cable is a lot more expensive in parts of the country. I hope I don't sound tacky- don't mean to be.

* Please note that I love TV with a passion that burns deep and true so "fair price" in my eyes may seem expensive to other people.

My parents have ESPN Classic. It comes with their direct TV. Occasionally they will tape something for me, but to have them tape 5 hrs/day of RG coverage would be a bit excessive. :lol:

I don't know about the price issue here in NY. All I know is that we get quite a few channels, but ESPN Classic is not one of them. My housemates would have no use for it, so I haven't ever looked into it...

MisterQ
05-17-2005, 11:02 PM
I will acknowledge that if one DOES have ESPN Classic, then suddenly the coverage becomes pretty darn good! :yeah:

Clara Bow
05-17-2005, 11:08 PM
yeah, it is more expensive. When I was in Houston, my cable was so cheap and I got EVERYTHING. In LA, it's literally double and I get way fewer stations. And it's the same story here in Boston. Lots of things I've found are cheaper in Texas than on both coasts.

I will have to remember that next time I start bitching about living in Texas- the cheap and bountiful TV. :)

I won't be able to see much of the first week of the tournament anyway because a group of us are sharing a beach house outside of Charleston the first week of RG. I thought I would still be able to catch some of it during further relaxation time but now that may not be likely if the house doesn't have ESPN Classic. Can always set the Tivo. (As if I needed to put more tennis on the queue.)

Tricky_Forehand
05-17-2005, 11:15 PM
ESPN's coverage is actually quite impressive this year.

This being optimistic ;)

I still haven't been able to get beyond seeing the fact that we will be given 2 count them...only 2 hours of coverage on the first Saturday. Not to mention that it will be taped :mad:

I really hope that there will come a day when contracts are up for renewal that TTC will have enough money to buy the rights. I didn't use to feel that way 100% but with having TTC and being optimistic that it will keep spreading...TTC is the obvious best place for the Slams. I don't know what the contract is for Wimby or RG but I know that the AO was just renewed by ESPN for a few more years :sad:

It sounds like I might be a lucky one to have ESPN Classic. I have had it since even before I had TTC so I don't know how that worked out. I'm still pessimistic about how this will affect coverage. I really hope to be able to turn Classic on at 2 AM and see coverage but I won't be surprised if I don't.

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 11:23 PM
Katherine, if they have ESPN Classic for 5 hours scheduled every day for the first week, what do you expect them to show? 5am Eastern is when play will start every day (11am) so the coverage will start with the start of play each day of the first week. It sounds like they may interject some features along the way, but since it's ESPN classic, I don't think that's particularly problematic. If you read the article, they say that the adding 5 hours a day on Classic will allow them to show more LIVE tennis. They did MUCH better with the AO this year, I don't see a reason to doubt them this time around. I don't like to assume they'll screw up before it even starts. Innocent til proven guilty:p I also notice that the Sunday before RG starts, they're running a whole bunch of SportsCentury episodes of tennis players on Classic, so that's kind of nice.

If I had the Digital Classic package, I'd have ESPN Classic. But I don't. I just had them add the digital sports tier and not the whole digital package. I wonder if they'll let me add it just for one billing cycle, that would be nice.

But I don't understand what you mean by only 2 hours of taped coverage on the first weekend. First of all, NBC has the main rights to the weekend coverage so ESPN cannot be blamed. Second of all, it's on NBC for 4 hours on Saturday starting at noon eastern. ESPN2 coverage follows that.

aceit
05-17-2005, 11:25 PM
Yay for ESPN Classic. :D

MisterQ
05-17-2005, 11:49 PM
OK... I have to retract my expressions of grief. I just realized that I DO get ESPN Classic -- it's just on a channel up in the hundreds. :cool:

Fee
05-17-2005, 11:50 PM
cool, I'll be over on Sunday.

Tricky_Forehand
05-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Katherine, if they have ESPN Classic for 5 hours scheduled every day for the first week, what do you expect them to show? 5am Eastern is when play will start every day (11am) so the coverage will start with the start of play each day of the first week.

They could very easily change things up and decided not to air at 11 AM (yes, I am aware that 11 AM there is 2 AM here...I was up from 12 AM to 4 AM following Alex's match this morning so I'm well aware of the time zone difference). Like I said, I will believe it when I turn my TV on at 2 AM.

They did MUCH better with the AO this year, I don't see a reason to doubt them this time around. I don't like to assume they'll screw up before it even starts.

Different Slam. If they can remain consistent and do justice to this Slam as well then maybe I will start to extend a little trust in the entity. Sorry, but no matter what ESPN does they will not be able to measure up to what TTC offered us the last two weeks. And I'm pretty sure they know that and one of the reasons for making room for more coverage.

I also notice that the Sunday before RG starts, they're running a whole bunch of SportsCentury episodes of tennis players on Classic, so that's kind of nice.

They did that before Wimby last year so not surprised.

But I don't understand what you mean by only 2 hours of taped coverage on the first weekend. First of all, NBC has the main rights to the weekend coverage so ESPN cannot be blamed. Second of all, it's on NBC for 4 hours on Saturday starting at noon eastern. ESPN2 coverage follows that.

Going by the TV schedule grid that was in my Tennis magazine and is now taped on my wall. No coverage for NBC till 6/4 & 6/5 (Finals). On May 28th, ESPN will air from 4 PM-6 PM (EDT)...May 29th from 1 PM-4 PM (EDT).

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 11:54 PM
Well your tennis magazine is wrong, check Zap2it.com

Coverage in LA starts at 9am on NBC4 on Saturday and 7am on Sunday.

Tricky_Forehand
05-17-2005, 11:55 PM
How do you know that Zap2it.com is right?

tennisace
05-17-2005, 11:56 PM
"Fee, what's amusing is I get TTC but not ESPN Classic They let me add the digital sports tier (where TTC is) without adding the whole digital classic package. I wonder if they'll let me do it for one week?"

I use to add HBO just for Wimby. I didn't tell my cable company that was the reason and after it was over I'd just cancel. Did it for many summers until HBO stopped it's coverage. :(

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 11:57 PM
OMG. Katherine, please. It's never been wrong for me before. It's much better than TVGuide.com and they update their listings more often. The site is made for TV listings - do you think they're going to create fake listings just to spoil your day?

Thanks, tennisace! I'll call Comcast in a couple days and see what they'll let me do. Or, maybe I'll just demand they let me do it :lol:

Fee
05-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Tennis mag is often wrong, or at least out of date since they go to press about a month in advance. I get my listings from http://tv.yahoo.com (just search the word 'tennis'), that way I can add them directly to my yahoo calendar and not have to think about it so much or do all the time conversions.

Tricky_Forehand
05-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Any chance you get to practice being a lawyer you take and run with, don't you? :rolleyes:

OK, fine...to make you happy. I extend my bitching to include NBC for showing the West Coast taped coverage (I believe the East gets it Live and we are delayed). To show any kind of taped coverage when you have tons of Live (assuming there won't be much rain) is ridiculous

You want to give ESPN networks the benefit of the doubt...that's your choice. My choice is to be cautiously optimistic based on their past history. They have not been consistent enough yet to believe them 100%. I'm surprised they are willing to give this much coverage considering that the players that ESPN likes to cater to could be out pretty quick.

tennisace
05-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Gosh, I thought everyone had ESPN Classic. I've had it forever and it's on basic where I am. I do record all the matches so if anyone wants a specific one just let me know.

Deboogle!.
05-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Geez Katherine, I'm just trying to get the proper TV Schedule out there for people so they know when to watch. Fee's not a lawyer, so why did she post? I'm done with law school for now, I'd rather not talk about that stuff now. Seriously, I have better things to do and better ways to practice my lawyer skills :lol:

Coverage does not appear to be delayed on the west coast. On Sunday it's at noon eastern and 9 pacific. On Sunday it's 10 Eastern and 7 pacific. Whether it'll be live or taped, that I don't know.

Calm down, sheesh.

Tricky_Forehand
05-18-2005, 12:04 AM
OMG. Katherine, please. It's never been wrong for me before. It's much better than TVGuide.com and they update their listings more often. The site is made for TV listings - do you think they're going to create fake listings just to spoil your day?

I'm surprised that "gag me with a spoon" wasn't the next comment out of your mouth. You just can't help but to be condescending, can you? Sorry to have expressed my opinion when there are two people in a thread who think they know all

Deboogle!.
05-18-2005, 12:05 AM
This is ridiculous. We were trying to help. Take that however you want. I refuse to continue this and propagate this ridiculousness.

tennisace, who knows! I'm in Boston in a house that has Comcast basic non-digital cable and has ESPN Classic, but in LA my Comcast expanded service doesn't. Go figure lol

Tricky_Forehand
05-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Geez Katherine, I'm just trying to get the proper TV Schedule out there for people so they know when to watch. Fee's not a lawyer, so why did she post? I'm done with law school for now, I'd rather not talk about that stuff now. Seriously, I have better things to do and better ways to practice my lawyer skills :lol:

Could have fooled me. You would have to ask Fee...why she responded...not me.

Coverage does not appear to be delayed on the west coast. On Sunday it's at noon eastern and 9 pacific. On Sunday it's 10 Eastern and 7 pacific. Whether it'll be live or taped, that I don't know.

This isn't your first year watching RG on NBC, is it? NBC is only Live on Finals day.

I'm done. My mistake for wandering into GM

Deboogle!.
05-18-2005, 12:09 AM
This isn't your first year watching RG on NBC, is it? NBC is only Live on Finals day.Now who's being condescending? Anyway, I did not say it was live, I merely said that it airs at the same time on both coasts.

Tricky_Forehand
05-18-2005, 12:13 AM
That was sarcasm. Not condescension.

I refuse to continue this and propagate this ridiculousness.

THAT is condescension.

Jennay
05-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Anyone with TTC should just not complain about anything.

Blaze
05-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Finally I have use for ESPN Classic :banana: :banana:

aceit
05-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Finally I have use for ESPN Classic :banana: :banana:
My thoughts exactly. ;)

tangerine_dream
05-18-2005, 02:13 AM
Psst! Mr Q! You have ESPN Classic. Turn to channel 142889. ;)

buddyholly
05-18-2005, 05:06 AM
who the hell is Carlsen going to beat to make it to the 3rd round?

Gambill and Fish

buddyholly
05-18-2005, 05:17 AM
Happily ESPNdeportes is showing 9 hours live daily, starting on day one. What is really amazing is that they have one ESPNdeportes channel with commentary in English and another with Spanish language commentary.
But what is so annoying is that they don't show many US stars, just some no-name players from places like Argentina, Chile and such!

khyber
05-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Happily ESPNdeportes is showing 9 hours live daily, starting on day one. What is really amazing is that they have one ESPNdeportes channel with commentary in English and another with Spanish language commentary.
But what is so annoying is that they don't show many US stars, just some no-name players from places like Argentina, Chile and such!
I only have one ESPNdeportes channel, where are there two? Or are you talking about ESPN Latin America, vs the spanish language channel that's broadcast in the US?

Socket
05-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Gosh, I thought everyone had ESPN Classic. I've had it forever and it's on basic where I am. I do record all the matches so if anyone wants a specific one just let me know.
I'm on Comcast and I don't get ESPN Classic on either basic or expanded. I called and the cheapest package that includes Classic would cost me another $50 a month! :eek: :eek: I hate Comcast! :mad:

Angle Queen
05-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Gosh, I thought everyone had ESPN Classic. I've had it forever and it's on basic where I am. I do record all the matches so if anyone wants a specific one just let me know.Classic used to be in our basic package. Then Comcast ripped it away...stuck it only on their digital service...which...is NOT frickin' available in my area. Hello! I live in a county of 250K in a metro area of 750K, inside our beltway for cryin' out loud...and get nada. No digital cable, no dsl and let's not even talk about TTC. :mad:

That said, I'm relatively pleased with what ESPN2 has said they'll show even though it'll probably be taped and...mostly Americans. Since we've had no coverage at all of anything since Miami, I'll take what I can get.

connectolove
05-18-2005, 03:57 PM
JennyS sees Marat Safin as the worst case scenario for a final? I would think is Federer or Nadal...

athina7
05-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm on Comcast and I don't get ESPN Classic on either basic or expanded. I called and the cheapest package that includes Classic would cost me another $50 a month! :eek: :eek: I hate Comcast! :mad:
That sucks! Thankfully, I get ESPN Classic on basic. Its weird how some areas get it on basic, and some areas don't get it at all. :confused:

Fumus
05-18-2005, 05:12 PM
Seriously the best draw for Andy would be good weather...the warmer, dryer, and faster it is...well the more sucess he will have.

Black Adam
05-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Is there any Grand slam where more than 50% of the matches were in 5 sets? :topic: I ask because i got the feeling that this year's FO is gonna be one of the closest in a while ;)