FO Hypothetical Final: Gasquet v. Coria! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

FO Hypothetical Final: Gasquet v. Coria!

Tennis Fool
05-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Coria beats the naysayers and gets through a difficult draw to defeat both Federer and Nadal (who both had match points) on his way to the final.

Gasquet pulls a Boris Becker and surprises everyone with his strong run to the finals. He's the story of the tournament.

Now, it's time for Coria to avenge last year's loss and Gasquet to show his Slam muscle.

Who will win and why? (Discuss their strengths and weaknesses, scouting report, mentality, etc).

alfonsojose
05-17-2005, 06:54 PM
I'd stick with Roddick vs. Schuettler. Rainer will win :baby:

Sjengster
05-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Something of a no-brainer, I'd have to say. One would only hope the crowd didn't do a Leconte on Gasquet afterwards.

Tennis Fool
05-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Sjengster: It might be a no-brainer, depending on who you think will win. (The vote is tied).

nermo
05-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Coria beats the naysayers and gets through a difficult draw to defeat both Federer and Nadal (who both had match points) on his way to the final .
Gasquet pulls a Boris Becker and surprises everyone with his strong run to the finals. He's the story of the tournament.
Now, it's time for Coria to avenge last year's loss and Gasquet to show his Slam muscle.
Who will win and why? (Discuss their strengths and weaknesses, scouting report, mentality, etc)..posted by tennisfool
well, tennisy..u re really getting high with ur dreams :angel: :angel: for both players..but if we supposed that s true.. :scratch: then..
If coria really defeated both Federer and Nadal, then this means that he defeated many self weakpoints ...may be gets more aggressive , less stupid unforced errors at the important times ..and the most important thing about it ..is defeating his panic under the stress of big balls and especially against big players..
and if he was capable of doing it ..then no one ll ever be able to beat him at that moment cuz the guy got free from the most dangerous factor of losing finals...Getting AFRAID OF LOSING.., so he ll definitely win the FO..

Gasquet ..Dont know..but he may be able to pull Boris Becker...at the whole tournament..But even Boris Becker ll get Paniced if he has the whole Centre court shouting for him to win for the first time..its a hell of stress for the young guy..and must say...Coria is used to playing among Crowds hating him..
in fact it sometimes amazes me , why everytime the guy plays...he has this huge amounts of hatred surrounding him..(dont know ..ve heard about his attitudes but never saw it was a sufficient reason ..i think lots behave more childish and still are supported by crowds)
Final result: Coria ll win to be the king :bigclap: of FO..And he ll also Gain more Hatred from the crowds for defeating the poor young kid :baby: )

Time to wake up ... :zzz: :zzz:

Turkeyballs Paco
05-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Don't know. It would be an exciting one, though. Gasquet is truly a talented kid. He must be feeling a rush from all the attention he's getting lately. :cool:

Scotso
05-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Gasquet should be the one to beat Nadal in the finals.

"Richard Gasquet finally defeats Rafael Nadal 0-6 0-6 7-5 7-5 50-48 after Nadal lead 6-0 6-0 5-0 40-0. On match point, Nadal hit an amazing winner between his legs while laying on the ground near the net. After the shot, Nadal jumped over the net in triumph to get a new racquet, slipped, and broke his ankle. He continued to play the match, which lasted 13 more hours."

kjs
05-18-2005, 12:43 AM
:lol: KarolBeckFan Tough question, I'm going to go with Gasquet.

RogiFan88
05-18-2005, 01:34 AM
now here's a matchup I w love to see!

Skyward
05-18-2005, 02:49 AM
After defeating Coria in straight sets in Hamburg, I don't see how Gasquet could possibly be labeled as underdog in this match on his home turf.

Gasquet has never beaten Coria

NATAS81
05-18-2005, 02:50 AM
Gasquet has never beaten Coria
He beat him 6-4 7-5 or 7-6 in Hamburg a week ago before he lost to Federer in the final.

My mistake, Fed beat Coria by that score.

robinhood
05-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Gasquet will have another chance. Let's give it to Coria.

El Legenda
05-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Coria

NATAS81
05-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Gasquet lost to Federer by the same scoreline @ Hamburg, so you could say it's a tough call.

I just think Gasquet is going through a transitional phase, he hasn't been up on the ATP as long as Nadal.

Coria would win this year, but Gasquet would take him deeper in 2006, maybe even come away victorious.

We saw Nadal have a coming out year this year, next year will reflect that type of season for Richard. Will he win titles left and right like Nadal, remains to be seen. But, he will have his best year up until now in his career next year.

So I think Coria wins this match for now, next year Gasquet pushes Guillermo to five, possibly winning. If Coria hangs around for at least 3 more years, we will see Richard defeat ElMago.

Puschkin
05-18-2005, 03:46 PM
After defeating Coria in straight sets in Hamburg, I don't see how Gasquet could possibly be labeled as underdog in this match on his home turf.

Who beat Coria in straight sets in Hamburg ;) ?

nermo
05-18-2005, 05:01 PM
After defeating Coria in straight sets in Hamburg posted by Natas

i think u re a big fan of Gasquet..to see that hypothetical result in a match that was never played.. :scratch: .Gasquet didnt play against Coria in Hamburg ..so he definitely didnt defeat him :bigwave:

Black Adam
05-18-2005, 05:07 PM
gasquet :yeah:

NATAS81
05-18-2005, 05:26 PM
See Post 11. It's helpful to read every post in the thread before commenting, then you just skew information that results in more off-topic posts.