The Roddick "Dog and Pony Show" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Roddick "Dog and Pony Show"

euroka1
05-17-2005, 11:18 AM
I was struck by the term "dog and pony show" in an adjacent posting. It seems to me that ever since Andy Roddick has been less than dominant on the tennis courts, we hear about almost everything but tennis in the related forums and web sites. Is it a diversionary tactic? We're not even told if he's practicing or goofing off although much of the publicity suggests the latter. At least we know Federer is playing good tennis.

Tennis Fool
05-17-2005, 02:29 PM
It's clay season :shrug:

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Why do you CARE? Seriously, euroka, you must have something better to do. Seems like you talk about Andy more than most of his fans do!

MisterQ
05-17-2005, 03:32 PM
You see, Roddick fans already know everything about tennis. It would be like discussing multiplication tables. :yawn: ;)

euroka1
05-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Seems like you talk about Andy more than most of his fans do!
Who, me? With only 259 postings?
I'd rather talk about Federer who actually plays great tennis.

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Then why do you always show up in the Andy forum? Federer has his own forum where you can salivate over his tennis there.

euroka1
05-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Then why do you always show up in the Andy forum? Federer has his own forum where you can salivate over his tennis there.

Is this the Andy forum? I thought I was safe here.

Agent X
05-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Fight! :boxing:

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Is this the Andy forum? I thought I was safe here.Safe from what? Being called out on ridiculous threads? Please, keep going, you amuse us:D

BiancaUL
05-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Who, me? With only 259 postings?
I'd rather talk about Federer who actually plays great tennis.

And just doing a quick flip through your posts shows about half of them commenting on Roddick or climbing up on your pedestal to chastise his fans, so you obviously don't prefer to talk about the Fed.

alfonsojose
05-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Is this the Andy forum? I thought I was safe here.
No, you're not, :devil: WAHAHAHAHA .. WAHAHAHAHA .. WAHAH .. :ignore: you're a lady :wavey: you're safe then :angel:

Fee
05-17-2005, 06:32 PM
And just doing a quick flip through your posts shows about half of them commenting on Roddick or climbing up on your pedestal to chastise his fans, so you obviously don't prefer to talk about the Fed.

Good point.

Fumus
05-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Ever wonder why the tooth fairy doesn't visit some children?

alfonsojose
05-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Good point.
Fee, I can't see your hand on your avatar :devil:

Fee
05-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Fee, I can't see your hand on your avatar :devil:

It's around his waist. :angel:

BiancaUL
05-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Ever wonder why the tooth fairy doesn't visit some children?

Because of the economy and increasing world population she's had to cut back?

alfonsojose
05-17-2005, 06:51 PM
It's around his waist. :angel:
:awww: ;)

Space Cowgirl
05-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Fee, love that avatar!!

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 08:10 PM
He practiced at Roland Garros on the Lenglen court today. Is that enough for you, euroka? Or do you need to know exactly how many backhands he hit? :)

Fee
05-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Fee, love that avatar!!

Thank you. :D

Nastase
05-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Clay season...

Fumus
05-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Because of the economy and increasing world population she's had to cut back?

No because bad little children kept posting stupid shit about Andy Roddick...or so I heard from the Easter Bunny.

blosson
05-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Andy, dog and pony?

Roger, milk and cow?

:angel:

tangerine_dream
05-18-2005, 05:30 PM
lol :worship:
Yep, with freakish fans like euroka, fedex, makro, dirk, and universe man, Roger has much to be thankful for. :yeah:

Speaking of freaks, Dirk is due to make his daily troll stop at the Roddick forum in his never-ending quest to dig up imaginary Federer-bashing dirt. :lol:

Fumus
05-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Yep, with freakish fans like euroka, fedex, makro, dirk, and universe man, Roger has much to be thankful for. :yeah:

Speaking of freaks, Dirk is due to make his daily troll stop at the Roddick forum in his never-ending quest to dig up imaginary Federer-bashing dirt. :lol:

That's kinda hard considering he's banned :o

alfonsojose
05-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Andy, dog and pony?

Roger, milk and cow?

:angel:
Carla, milk and weasel :devil:

tangerine_dream
05-18-2005, 07:25 PM
That's kinda hard considering he's banned :o
Even though he's banned from posting he can still read the board, which he does all the time, looking through ancient threads, for what exactly nobody knows. In fact, I just saw him doing that a few mintues ago. *checks watch* Right on time! :D

Fee, how many player avs do you have? I :hearts: the Tommy one.

Tennis Fool
05-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Dirk was banned :eek:

Fee
05-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Fee, how many player avs do you have? I :hearts: the Tommy one.

I think this is the last one for a while. I have more photos, but the Andy, Tommy and Robby ones were the best. No real reason to use the others. Probably have Tommy shirtless and solo some time next week. The best photos I take are all of him, go figure...

Turkeyballs Paco
05-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Dirk was banned :eek:

What? he posted on another thread, like 20 minutes ago. :shrug:
Maybe you mean he was banned from Roddick's player threads? :shrug:

athina7
05-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I think she meant he was banned from Roddick's forum.

Skyward
05-19-2005, 12:25 AM
:lol: I had no idea it was possible to ban someone specifically from a player's forum.

Beware! Only on the AR forum

http://bestsmileys.com/signs14/1.gif

WyveN
05-19-2005, 02:40 AM

Is Dirk's daily troll stop similar to your daily troll stop in GM to complain about Federer fans, roddick bashing and other things that make life unfair?

Sjengster
05-19-2005, 02:44 AM
It's nice to know that just when you think several Federer extremists are taking over the board, tangy reappears to set the gold standard for such pale imitations.

Dirk
05-19-2005, 02:56 AM
Let me explain folks. In 2004 Roger was talked about quite a bit in the duck pond. I would stop by and read and post there because there was this rivarly going on. Well it's not a rivalry according to anyone outside the US media but I went there to see what they were saying and offered my opinions on different topics. I was banned from there after I made a thread poll asking which slam would andy win in in 2005. I selected Oz and gave my reasons why. Some of the ducks got mad because how dare I a non Roddick fan post a non-offensive thread in their pond. :o So they ran to Mama Duck Amanda and had my thread deleted (never was explained to me as why, I guess it is a little hard to send a PM saying you are hated so you can't post threads in that forum) and then when I decided to post it here in the GM. That was a violation of the rules which I didn't know. That is why I was banned from Duck Pond. I will admit I do go there from time to time to read some of their thoughts especially Fumus's who I do chat with online from time to time. I like to see what he has to say. They don't talk about Roger anymore because if you hadn't notice Andy has more problems now than just Roger :tape: ,although Tangy still complains about us Federer fans talking about Andy and the other ducks in our forum which isn't true.

Tennis Fool
05-19-2005, 03:04 AM
Wow. Be lucky, I guess, not to have been banned completely. DuckNation has swallowed many a poster. I would have had to bump the Banned Thread and added your name.

Dirk
05-19-2005, 03:06 AM
I am lucky actually. I just wish Amanda would have sent me a PM telling me why my thread was deleted to begin with. I didn't know what the problem was at first. I think I deserved that much considering it wasn't offensive.

Sjengster
05-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Hardly a surprise that they wanted to ban you from the forum, the now-deleted "We want partygirl to go away and never come back" thread was ample evidence that they are willing to exclude even their own kind.

Dirk
05-19-2005, 03:10 AM
What was that one about Sjengster?

Sjengster
05-19-2005, 03:14 AM
The aforementioned partygirl was accused of being a teenybopper Andy fan who wrote in CAPITALS a lot of the time and talked about Andy's, ahem, manhood and was thought by a couple of people to give Roddick fans a bad name. I had never even heard of her before I saw the thread, and I can't say I would have thought her too representative of the group as a whole anyway. The majority disagreed with the few people who wanted her out, there was something of a dispute, and then I assume the thread was deleted as I can find no evidence of it now.

Jennay
05-19-2005, 03:15 AM
Hardly a surprise that they wanted to ban you from the forum, the now-deleted "We want partygirl to go away and never come back" thread was ample evidence that they are willing to exclude even their own kind.
Most of us were very concerned with this thread. We had it deleted as soon as we could.

Sjengster
05-19-2005, 03:18 AM
Yes, I acknowledged that in my post above, but there does seem to be a tendency among some to insist that the Roddick forum be more thoroughly vetted than other player forums are.

tangerine_dream
05-19-2005, 03:22 AM
:lol: I had no idea it was possible to ban someone specifically from a player's forum.
Yes. If you troll a forum simply to cause trouble and fights as Dirk often liked to do in the AR forum, then you'll be banned from the forum. You'll also be banned from a player's forum if you make personal attacks and/or bigoted comments towards a regular poster in said forum, as Dirk also unfortunately did in the AR forum. This goes for all player forums.

Probably have Tommy shirtless and solo some time next week. The best photos I take are all of him, go figure...
Why are you being stingy? :p There's no figuring involved here. I'm looking forward to those shirtless pics of Tommy. :yeah:

Sjengster
05-19-2005, 03:23 AM
I suppose there is an understandable concern to filter out the trolls who have nothing to offer but insults, but I can only speak for myself in saying that the Roddick forum is perhaps a little more interesting to read than others because the majority of posters have English as their first language and can therefore conduct more detailed conversations (which is not to impugn any of the fans in other player forums, BTW). Once you sift through the teenage frivolity there are some interesting discussions to be had on the strengths/weaknesses of Roddick's game at present; in that sense there's more to talk about with him compared to, say, Federer because he has that much more to improve.

PaulieM
05-19-2005, 03:25 AM
i hear a lot about people trolling, doesn't anyone ever just hit the last post button on whatever thread happens to be up on the main forum page? i do that a lot, you get to explore the board and meet lots of interesting people. :shrug:

Sjengster
05-19-2005, 03:27 AM
I should probably be a little more adventurous in that regard, but there's not much you can do when you dislike/are apathetic towards most top players and inexplicably, nobody shares your liking for Schalken. :p

sigmagirl91
05-19-2005, 03:29 AM
Is Dirk's daily troll stop similar to your daily troll stop in GM to complain about Federer fans, roddick bashing and other things that make life unfair?

Or in a certain forum to stalk certain posters?

Skyward
05-19-2005, 03:34 AM
Yes. If you troll a forum simply to cause trouble and fights as Dirk often liked to do in the AR forum, then you'll be banned from the forum. You'll also be banned from a player's forum if you make personal attacks and/or bigoted comments towards a regular poster in said forum, as Dirk also unfortunately did in the AR forum. This goes for all player forums.

Cool. If only this worked on the MTF. ;)

sigmagirl91
05-19-2005, 03:36 AM
Cool. If only this worked on the MTF. ;)

It doesn't.

Dirk
05-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Do a search of my posts there and I would love to see these personal attacks I made and bigoted comments. I didn't make any. My only sin was offering construction criticism about Andy's game when the topic appeared. I was blowed off at the time but now it looks like I was a prophet. The only fights I cause was when I took issue with how Tangy "the supposed Federer Fan" created a thread making fun of Roger losing by posting fart noises. Of course the fans there continue to wonder why they are singled out and picked on. If you go to Roger's forum you will find no such thing on Andy or any other player.

Deboogle!.
05-19-2005, 05:17 AM
Most of us were very concerned with this thread. We had it deleted as soon as we could.'Very concerned' is an understatement. And anyone who actually read the thread before talking about it would know that. :o

Fee
05-19-2005, 06:13 AM
Why are you being stingy? :p There's no figuring involved here. I'm looking forward to those shirtless pics of Tommy. :yeah:

There are four here (post #224)
http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=246&page=15&pp=15

I may put some more up later... (now kwitcherbitchin')

Turkeyballs Paco
05-19-2005, 03:13 PM
It's a little weird how lines can be drawn between fans of one player and fans of others. I'm a tennis fan first, and a player fan second. I mean, they are all going to retire eventually, then what are you gonna do?

I really don't cruise Roddick's forum much, but when I have, it has always impressed me how knowledgeable some of his fans are about his tennis. I should pop in there more often, especially now that I'm warming up a little more lately to Andy. :cool:

tennischick
05-19-2005, 03:15 PM
It's a little weird how lines can be drawn between fans of one player and fans of others. I'm a tennis fan first, and a player fan second. I mean, they are all going to retire eventually, then what are you gonna do?

don't ask such intelligent questions -- you'll scare the trolls. :tape:

Space Cowgirl
05-19-2005, 06:46 PM
I should probably be a little more adventurous in that regard, but there's not much you can do when you dislike/are apathetic towards most top players and inexplicably, nobody shares your liking for Schalken. :p
awww, poor Sjengster! :hug: ;)

Jennay
05-19-2005, 09:37 PM

I really don't cruise Roddick's forum much, but when I have, it has always impressed me how knowledgeable some of his fans are about his tennis. I should pop in there more often, especially now that I'm warming up a little more lately to Andy. :cool:
We'll be glad to have you. :) :hug:

jasmine(usa)
05-19-2005, 09:45 PM
There are four here (post #224)
http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=246&page=15&pp=15

I may put some more up later... (now kwitcherbitchin'):D Thanks, Fee. This is the only post I've truly enjoyed in this thread. ;) The rest has been talked over again and again and again.............