Freaking tons of rain in RG forecast, im bumming already [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Freaking tons of rain in RG forecast, im bumming already

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 10:00 AM
sorry, just gotta vent, &"'(-"-_(&("&-_&()&(-&"_-&"_(-_'y'=), WHY WHY WHY????????????????????? ifs been f"'(-ing dry for 6months now, droughts all over france and now this. ive barely seen a cloud all year and now this.... Friday sat and sunday heavy rain..... shiT? DAMN curses of all the rotten crappy pukecausing scumbucket fart, why? I think i am done now. :rolleyes:

avocadoe
05-17-2005, 12:21 PM
my sentiments exactly :) i don't know how far Strasbourg is from Paris but they are in second day of deluge...

Mrs. B
05-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Merde.

jayrhum
05-17-2005, 12:43 PM
I know a swiss guy who should not be very happy hearing that...

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Merde.

I think it looks ok for Monday Tuesday so you are good methinks. its friday saturday sunday that looks bad. My boss is away, i got nothing to do, why cant i just go there now? thats it, im filing for a divorce, at least 2weeks a year duing Roland garros. the rest of the year she can cook and iron for me. :)

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 01:52 PM
:rolleyes: :o :cool: :mad: :sad: :mad: :eek: my sentiments exactly :) i don't know how far Strasbourg is from Paris but they are in second day of deluge...

Strasbourg is not that close nor not that far. It is a 4 hour train ride so its gotta be 400 kilometers, but im guessing of course. I just was there 2 weekends ago, its so beautiful, the food is good and cheap, and thats about :wavey: all; :rolleyes: :mad: :worship: :wavey: :angel: :angel: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :

Choupi
05-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Please, make that forecast rain stop and go away...Not only is it rainy but it's also rather cold for the season. Temps for Rg time are usually friendlier. I don't know how I'll react if it pours rain when I am there next week... :devil:

Oh last thing, Strasbourg is very nice indeed and the food, well, I couldn't say better! :D

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 02:19 PM
I know a swiss guy who should not be very happy hearing that...Not only him... but several Americans and even maybe one Frenchman, among many others :p

Last I checked, the rain was going away for next week. I know weather.com isn't the most accurate site out there, but now it does say some rain this wekeend, then stopping for a few days at the beginning of next week, then starting again at the end of next week. Rain is no fun, it needs to go away so the tourney can go off uneventfully. We'll get plenty of rain for Wimby, we don't need it for RG too :lol:

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Oh last thing, Strasbourg is very nice indeed and the food, well, I couldn't say better! :D

Ah Choupi, i think we would have fun together in Strasbourg! If you are a man and like to drink beer, lets take a sejourn, but if you are a woman, we shall eat nice tart flamb near by ze cathedrale. I pay, cause the prices are much cheaper than Paris. I :hearts: love :hearts: Strasbourg. Best city ever!

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Not only him... but several Americans and even maybe one Frenchman, among many others :p

Last I checked, the rain was going away for next week. I know weather.com isn't the most accurate site out there, but now it does say some rain this wekeend, then stopping for a few days at the beginning of next week, then starting again at the end of next week. Rain is no fun, it needs to go away so the tourney can go off uneventfully. We'll get plenty of rain for Wimby, we don't need it for RG too :lol:

I am hearing crappy weather friday sat and sunday and clearer skies for the start of the tournament. also anyone going to qualifiers.. the FFT said the gates will open at 9 am and not 11, probably to compensate for the piss weather. Oh, and the french are not very accurate. probably cause the weather changes rapidly in france;.. you have "averses" spots of rain that can be very strong, then it goes away for a couple hours only to come back later. very stop and go... as soon as the tarp comes off and you want to play, it starts to rain again. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

joske
05-17-2005, 02:27 PM
NOT RAIN !!! :eek: :crying2: *prays to Andy & JC that it won't rain as much as they think it will*

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 02:30 PM
I am hearing crappy weather friday sat and sunday and clearer skies for the start of the tournament. also anyone going to qualifiers.. the FFT said the gates will open at 9 am and not 11, probably to compensate for the piss weather. Oh, and the french are not very accurate. probably cause the weather changes rapidly in france;.. you have "averses" spots of rain that can be very strong, then it goes away for a couple hours only to come back later. very stop and go... as soon as the tarp comes off and you want to play, it starts to rain again. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:Ok, well since you are there, you would know better than I would lol! No weather forecast is accurate. I live in California where it is sunny and warm 90% of the time and yet they are STILL Wrong all the time with the forecasts :haha: All we can do is hope that something magical happens so that there's a nice tourney that can run without incident :D

LOL joske, we can try Carlos too :p

MisterQ
05-17-2005, 02:35 PM
bummer... at least they can play on clay if it's a little bit damp. And hopefully it will clear up by the second week.

And we're supposed to have another bad hurricane season too! :umbrella: :rain:

Choupi
05-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Ah Choupi, i think we would have fun together in Strasbourg! If you are a man and like to drink beer, lets take a sejourn, but if you are a woman, we shall eat nice tart flamb near by ze cathedrale. I pay, cause the prices are much cheaper than Paris. I :hearts: love :hearts: Strasbourg. Best city ever!
Hehehe! Have a guess...I don't drink beer and I'd go for the tarte flambe. :D Last time I was in Strasbourg, it was for the Davis Cup in March. All I saw was the Rhenus Hall and the European Parliament! :rolleyes:

FLL
05-17-2005, 02:39 PM
The court will be heavy and all the real clay court players will be happy about that!

Skyward
05-17-2005, 02:44 PM
I know a swiss guy who should not be very happy hearing that...

Who? Wawrinka?

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Who? Wawrinka?

I also know a Swissman who will be very said if it rains. Might not be the same person though? ;)

Skyward
05-17-2005, 02:50 PM
I see. Old good Marc Rosset must be coming back now. ;)

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Here is the french weather link: http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/index.jsp

I still cant figure out why there is no text to read, just a little picture, and you click above on the time to see what the weather will be like at that hour. You just see little pictures of clouds. I am assured by many french people that though they say rain for 3 days, it doesnt mean that it will RAIN NONSTOP for that period. what can you do?

MisterQ
05-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Andre is ready! :umbrella:

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 03:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/FrogBurger/18138_med1.gif

Skyward
05-17-2005, 03:21 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/weather/2.gif

BelgianWaffle
05-17-2005, 06:20 PM
yep doesn't look too good :shrug:
I'm about 300km north of paris and it's unusually cold for the time of the year. Bleh.

robinhood
05-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Go away, rain.

maratski
05-17-2005, 07:46 PM
The rain is just my luck...The year I'm finally allowed to go somewhere it rains :rolleyes:

At least I can shop ;)

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 07:51 PM
OK, Ive been speaking to my people. Unanimously they all agree that it is unlikely that rain prevent play for more than an entire day. Usually in france when they say its going to rain, it rains in the morning, they begin play and after a set and a half they have to stop cause it rains again. then they cover up and maybe in the evening, a few matches are played. So i doubt it will be as severe as US Open was in 2003. LET US PRAY

Aleksa's Laydee
05-17-2005, 07:55 PM
I think it looks ok for Monday Tuesday so you are good methinks. its friday saturday sunday that looks bad

just my luck...the blasted days im there :mad: :mad: :mad:

ae wowww
05-17-2005, 07:56 PM
So what is there to do during the rain ??

maratski
05-17-2005, 07:57 PM

zzzzzzzzzz

ae wowww
05-17-2005, 07:59 PM
zzzzzzzzzz

:D

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 08:02 PM
yeah, it doesnt look that good actually. have you checked out the meteo.fr link i posted? if you go to friday 20h00 it shows lightning. it lights up and all and its very intimidating. but i cant see that lasting for days and days. Itll probably stay like it is now just cold, grey and cloudy, moisture in the air but not raining.

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 08:05 PM

well there is always the snackbar! :) beers are not expensive ;) There are probably more players who are asked to appear at the signing tables :D and there are excellent video games there too ;) In my 5 years, though there have been delays it doesnt last forever and you will probably see some tennis. Ive never heard of an entire day cancelled :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Damita
05-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Merde.
ditto *sigh*

And even if it doesn't rain it's probably going to be cloudy and windy as it has been the past few days :rolleyes: .... players can play, but it's not funny for the crowd... last year it was bloody freezing on the charity day, i hope this year it will be better :rolleyes:

nermo
05-17-2005, 09:16 PM
OHH..one thing i love about RG..that it has far more stable weather than Wimbledon..it doesnt rain that much ..disturbing matches every now and then..

Well, Any way Rain is good..may be carrying good news and results for some players.. ;)

michelleg
05-18-2005, 12:30 AM
ditto *sigh*

And even if it doesn't rain it's probably going to be cloudy and windy as it has been the past few days :rolleyes: .... players can play, but it's not funny for the crowd... last year it was bloody freezing on the charity day, i hope this year it will be better :rolleyes:

No kidding, thought I was going to freeze to death last year. But then again, I'm from Florida and chill when the temps drop under 80F....

Guys, the weather forecast has been all over the map the past few days...but in case it doesn't, I shall need to pack the flask (for the armagnac) to mix in with those cafe long...I'm easily entertained!

FrogBurger
05-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Good Idea Michele, armagnac hits the spot. Beer is also good. Today is clear clear skies, a bit chilly but not a cloud in the sky.

Mrs. B
05-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Gstaad was also cold last summer with the rain delays.
'think i'll bring along my winter jacket. :lol:

your drink sounds good, michelle. ;)

Choupi
05-18-2005, 09:08 AM
The winter jacket sounds a bit too much Mrs B...but it's as you feel! ;)

And Michelle, too sad we won't meet! Armagnac sounds really cool for me! :D

Choupi
05-18-2005, 09:08 AM
Good Idea Michele, armagnac hits the spot. Beer is also good. Today is clear clear skies, a bit chilly but not a cloud in the sky.
Enjoy it, it won't last long! :confused:

FrogBurger
05-18-2005, 09:39 AM
saturdays forecast doesnt look that bad, have you looked at my link? Meteo.fr

FrogBurger
05-18-2005, 01:41 PM
yes, the forecast ala meteo.fr has seemed to have improved. now it shows just a bit of rain for friday but none for saturday. I mentioned rain to the women who sells the tickets and she looked at me like i was crazy. shes like "dont say that WORD"

gsm
05-18-2005, 03:41 PM
So i doubt it will be as severe as US Open was in 2003. LET US PRAY

or wimbledon is most years...

all GS's should have a few retractable ceiling courts like the AO.