Just back from buying YOUR Roland Garros ticktets, saw a few players too [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Just back from buying YOUR Roland Garros ticktets, saw a few players too

FrogBurger
05-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Yeah so i saw several players, Foretz, Olivier Patience, Arnaud Di Pasqual and several others. They were jogging around the stadium. i arrived at 8 am and didint get to the ticket booth til 11h30...wew, thank god they let me in to use the can cause that couldve gotten messy. Its a scalpers paradise too. In some ways tempting to buy extra tickets and pray on the defenseless heterosexual women who come without tickets... hehe. no seriously it was fine. a few drops of rain though, forecast does not look good for the end of the week but we shall see.

Whistleway
05-16-2005, 03:05 PM
nice to hear.

Hagar
05-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Were there still interesting tickets left when you got to the ticket booth?
I did the same thing some years ago, I somehow thought we would only be 10 people waiting there... yeah right.
I started lining up at 9, got to the ticket booth at 12 but nothing interesting left so I bought a ticket on the black market. It was not cheap but offered me one of the best days of my life, sitting on center court, seeing Kim, Justine, Ollie Rochus (against Kafelnikov) and Lleyton (against Roddick, who got injured in that match). To make things really perfect, when I took a walk around the whole Roland Garros complex and was near the Suzanne Lenglen where Guga was playing, some woman comes up to me and gives me her ticket for the Suzanne Lenglen. She had to catch a train she said. It was like the Divine Providence sent her to me coz I absolutely love Guga.

~EMiLiTA~
05-16-2005, 03:46 PM
you saw Olivier Patience??? :drool: http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/geschockt/w00t.gif http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/geschockt/div276.gif

FrogBurger
05-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Were there still interesting tickets left when you got to the ticket booth?

Well yes, it looks like they left aside some good tickets for us. There were at least 500 -1000 people, probably safely 750 people. I arrived at 8 and purchased at 11h30. I didnt ask a lot of questions. I can tell you that for wednesday there were still show court seats and annex seats. my guess is there were "some" tickets for just about any day. Certainly there were still grounds passes for all days.

some woman comes up to me and gives me her ticket for the Suzanne Lenglen. She had to catch a train she said. It was like the Divine Providence sent her to me coz I absolutely love Guga.

That was no women, that was my wife... No just kidding. actually a lot of people do that, they get a grounds pass and try to freely upgrade of upgrade for 10 euros. I might bestow my ticket on someone myself. so all is well, now we just need good weather. I have an extra ticket of wednesday, just gonna see how the weather holds up. If i get a few nice days of weather i wont go wednesday, but if its shitty, i'll probably go.

maratski
05-16-2005, 04:13 PM
You got your tickets fast! I waited in the rain for 6 hours two years ago. The best tickets were already sold out then. I still got a ground pass for sunday and had a great times nonetheless.

I was also one of those people thinking that not many people would qeue, how wrong I was :o

GermanBoy
05-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Arnaud di Pasquale? :drool:

FrogBurger
05-16-2005, 04:54 PM
you saw Olivier Patience??? :drool: http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/geschockt/w00t.gif http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/geschockt/div276.gif

Yep... and i was not expecting tosee a player so i was like hey Thierry (thinking it was Ascione, DOOOOOH!!!!!)

FrogBurger
05-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Arnaud di Pasquale? :drool:

Yep, im pretty sure it was him... it was at 50 or a bit less meters, but i saw the blonding hair length hair, it had to be him.

LilyRoseAva
05-16-2005, 05:20 PM
i go to roland garros 7 days !!!! 20-26 may!

if you want specific photos of your favourite players, post his name here

connectolove
05-16-2005, 05:22 PM
How much were the tickets and for what round?

connectolove
05-16-2005, 05:23 PM
estheroff sure, get Rafa's pics, his bum if you can. Thanks.

LilyRoseAva
05-16-2005, 05:27 PM
i go to the clinic nike saturday with rafael,federer and co
of course : many many photos with my panasonic FZ5 lol

GermanBoy
05-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Yep, im pretty sure it was him... it was at 50 or a bit less meters, but i saw the blonding hair length hair, it had to be him.

Did DiP seem to being confident? :D He definitely has to qualify, otherwise... :shout: :timebomb:

FrogBurger
05-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Did DiP seem to being confident? :D He definitely has to qualify, otherwise... :shout: :timebomb:

yes, he looked very confident as he walked from the cornder to entrace of the RG grounds. I didnt see him practice. nobody was alllowed in the grounds except for personnel: :sad:

GermanBoy
05-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Did he get a WC? He is not in the qualy draw... :confused: :scared:

michelleg
05-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Did he get a WC? He is not in the qualy draw... :confused: :scared:

German, his back was not feeling well at all on Sunday, maybe Mel will have some answers, but as of 1240 paris time, there was nothing :(

Oh the sadness!

Jenrios
05-17-2005, 05:49 PM
A Really Big Thank You To FrogBurger!

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 06:10 PM
many many photos with my panasonic FZ5 lolOh! that's a great camera! I love my FZ3 :D Takes such beautiful pictures.

Have fun, whoever's going! We're jealous! :p

FrogBurger
05-17-2005, 08:36 PM
That is very sweet Jen!!!!!!!!!!!