TV COVERAGE [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

TV COVERAGE

ClaycourtaZzZz.
05-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Is there any chance to get interactive coverage on BBC ( if they're going to show :( )???

jtipson
05-16-2005, 03:45 PM
I doubt it. They only show some highlights and the singles finals.

David Kenzie
05-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Unless Henman reaches the quarterfinal, then there will be no live coverage on the BBC.

Devotee
05-17-2005, 04:55 AM
Does anyone remember if the nightly highlights show on ESPN in the U.S only shows excerpts from the ESPN daily broadcast or if some or all of the highlights show contains other matches?

ukpunter
05-17-2005, 12:16 PM
eurosport in the uk

what about in other european countries?

margaret_gn
05-18-2005, 01:31 AM
that's pretty bad if even the BBC doesn't show it... anyone knows if it will be shown at all in Australia?

mandoura
05-18-2005, 06:37 AM
Last year, both Al-Jazeera Sports Channel and Dubai Sports Channel had live coverage. I don't know if they will this year. They did not announce anything yet but usually they do just before it starts. They are both free and are on Nilesat and Arabsat. They are on Hotbird too but I am not sure if they are free there.

gooner88
05-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Great news for us Brits. :woohoo:
BBC will show key matches during 2nd week of RG on interactive. Press red button on digital remote to get interactive screen for matches according to BBC tennis website.

richard gasquet
05-18-2005, 03:19 PM
as for the french, they will show it in france television like every year.

Also in eurosport france from 11h00 to 19h00

gsm
05-18-2005, 03:36 PM
anyone knows if it will be shown at all in Australia?

FOX is showing the two weeks , last year abc had a daily highlights package but just checked next weeks guide and nothing is listed. :mad:

it is piss poor that a free to air cant broadcast alongside FOX. :mad:

SBS is broadcasting the athletic world champs and the ashes live + they constantly have live feeds for soccer crap. :mad:

SBS should carry the FO!!! :mad:

very pathetic indeed... :mad:

thank christ we get good coverage of wimbledon/us open! :D

gooner88
05-18-2005, 04:46 PM
""There will be women's final updates during Saturday's coverage of the Epsom Derby on 4 June,""

Don't get too excited about the Coverage ;)

Don't really care about women's tennis ;)
Hope the coverage is of a good quality.

ukpunter
05-18-2005, 06:36 PM
anyone in GERMANY know what station will cover the event ?

margaret_gn
05-18-2005, 11:25 PM
FOX is showing the two weeks , last year abc had a daily highlights package but just checked next weeks guide and nothing is listed. :mad:

it is piss poor that a free to air cant broadcast alongside FOX. :mad:

SBS is broadcasting the athletic world champs and the ashes live + they constantly have live feeds for soccer crap. :mad:

SBS should carry the FO!!! :mad:

very pathetic indeed... :mad:

thank christ we get good coverage of wimbledon/us open! :D

yeah i noticed that (ABC not showig the highlights anymore :( ) but i don't have cable tv... might just have to rely on the 5 seconds shown on the other national news program (even then it'll probably be only if an aussie gets through, definitely won't show any of my guys :sad: )

Stevens Point
05-18-2005, 11:35 PM
I keep seeing the commercial of airing Roland Garros on Eurosport. I hope they show not only women's but also mens'. I am in Switzerland, but I think Eurosport is the channel for RG in Germany as well.

Corinna
05-19-2005, 08:07 AM
I keep seeing the commercial of airing Roland Garros on Eurosport. I hope they show not only women's but also mens'. I am in Switzerland, but I think Eurosport is the channel for RG in Germany as well.
totally right :yeah:
and there will probably no other channel :sad: :fiery:

budz
05-19-2005, 09:32 AM
yeah i noticed that (ABC not showig the highlights anymore :( ) but i don't have cable tv... might just have to rely on the 5 seconds shown on the other national news program (even then it'll probably be only if an aussie gets through, definitely won't show any of my guys :sad: )
Yeah, i know what you guys are going through. It sucks not having pay tv at home. And i cant believe they arent showing it on TV. I mean the FO would be much better than the normal crap they show on FTA at night.

Ferrero Forever
05-19-2005, 09:37 AM
I'M AN ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY AUSSIE. I won't get to see JC until the US Open mabye, since Wimbledon will only show the aussies, and JC might get far in the US Open, and if not then then it will be the Australian Open. That means that if I have to wait till next years AO it will be 2 years since i've seen JC play live on TV, and 1 year since I've seen him in person. DAMN YOU AUSSIE FREE TO AIR, DAMN YOU.

Stevens Point
05-19-2005, 10:22 AM
totally right :yeah:
and there will probably no other channel :sad: :fiery:
Corinna, Will one of the German channenls (like ARD, ZDF, DSF,,,) show some coverages when Germans play?? It is possible, because Swiss channel "usually" shows Federer's matches and sometimes Patty Schnyder's at Grand Slams. But, at least we've got Eurosport. :) (hopefully enough men's coverages..)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
05-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Ja, normau! es chuunt o uf TSR2;) Stevens Point;)
We Eurosport wie letscht jahr nume ds scheiss Velorenne zeigt!

Stevens Point
05-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Ja, normau! es chuunt o uf TSR2;) Stevens Point;)

Merci!! ;)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
05-22-2005, 12:21 PM
kes problem;) no 21h u 39 mins:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Auburn
05-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Does anybody know which matches Eurosport will broadcast tomorrow?:) Any speculations?? ;)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
05-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Roger-Sela
Gaston-.....

and when they finished play and it's not 21:00 CET they will show some matches, may Nadal-Burgsmüller..........

Corinna
05-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Corinna, Will one of the German channenls (like ARD, ZDF, DSF,,,) show some coverages when Germans play?? It is possible, because Swiss channel "usually" shows Federer's matches and sometimes Patty Schnyder's at Grand Slams. But, at least we've got Eurosport. :) (hopefully enough men's coverages..)
zdf, ard, and dsf won't show anything...i am not quite sure but i doubt other german channels will show anything, ard and zdf used to show a bit the last years..

ukpunter
05-23-2005, 11:38 AM
tsr2 has the fe dmatch on live now

eurosport has various coverage

france 2/3/4 has live coverage throughoutt he day :)

*Jean*
05-23-2005, 11:48 AM
and france 2 has a web broacoast for courts central, suzanne lenglen, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 on http://roland-garros.france2.fr

ukpunter
05-23-2005, 03:06 PM
ned 2 also has coverage 19east in holland

gooner88
05-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Safin-Ferrero now live on BBC interactive.
Most of the key matches from here on in will be on BBC interactive every day.
Just hope that the BBC can use it's interactive service more for the big tournaments such as covering the night matches at the Aussie Open for example.

studzien
05-29-2005, 07:56 AM
Hi,

Also in eurosport france from 11h00 to 19h00

Is French Eurosport has a about 4 hours break for coverage of Giro Di Italia?
I know that some programs in French Eurosport are a bit different as in international.

I'm angry about Europort's coverage. They generally show women's matches and they are "jumping" beetwen courts :mad: