gasquet beat rochus 6-1 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

gasquet beat rochus 6-1 6-1

rommel99
05-14-2005, 02:42 PM
hmm hard to pick who would win in the finals.. federer would be the safe bet but gasquet's path to the finals is just remarkable.

Neely
05-14-2005, 02:46 PM
nice one for Gasquet! Good to see that another youngster turns up and makes some impact. :yeah:

Choupi
05-14-2005, 02:53 PM
The match hasn't been as great as the 2 previous ones from Richard. But he's won and will play the final, that's what counts. :) He has admitted it himself when interviewed, right at the end of the match. He said that Rochus was exhausted and that he hasn't played a great match, unlike the last ones. He's been strong enough to be efficient on the important points and is looking forward to the final. When asked what was different in him with how he was last year, he smiled, said it was a tough question, and simply responded that he was more serious now -understand whatever you want!- and totally ready to work as hard as required to reach the top. :)

~EMiLiTA~
05-14-2005, 02:54 PM
well considering richard beat rogi on clay in monaco, that's gotta give him a good mental advantage. should be a good match!!!

aceit
05-14-2005, 02:55 PM
ALLEZ!!!!!!! :worship:

Good luck in the final, Richard! :banana:

roisin
05-14-2005, 02:56 PM
:woohoo: well done richie! :banana:

rochus was outta his depth.

go richie in the final! :bounce:

tennisgirl19
05-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Richard :worship:

Amazing!! I am so proud of him.

Allez in the finals against Roger!!!!

allanah
05-14-2005, 03:02 PM
The match hasn't been as great as the 2 previous ones from Richard. But he's won and will play the final, that's what counts. :) He has admitted it himself when interviewed, right at the end of the match. He said that Rochus was exhausted and that he hasn't played a great match, unlike the last ones. He's been strong enough to be efficient on the important points and is looking forward to the final. When asked what was different in him with how he was last year, he smiled, said it was a tough question, and simply responded that he was more serious now -understand whatever you want!- and totally ready to work as hard as required to reach the top. :)

rochus didn't turn up unfortunately, maybe he was knackered from having had to qualify but I was very impressed with Gasquet's efficiency. No fannying about, he just got on with it and closed the match out.

Tomorrow should be very good.:lick:

Choupi
05-14-2005, 03:04 PM
rochus didn't turn up unfortunately, maybe he was knackered from having had to qualify but I was very impressed with Gasquet's efficiency. No fannying about, he just got on with it and closed the match out.
Gasquet has also had to qualify...but he's had shorter and easier matches than Rochus. :)

allanah
05-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Gasquet has also had to qualify...but he's had shorter and easier matches than Rochus. :)

Yeah, that's true. I just meant that maybe it was new and a little too much for Christophe, playing 6 (6?) mathces in a row. Gasquet has a little more experience with it.

Scotso
Well done, Richard! He's truly arrived.

Good luck in the finals :)

silverwhite

Totally agree with you. Unfortunately, I missed his previous 2 matches, but today, I have to say, he didn't play that well, only enough to beat Rochus. Rochus made the unforced errors. If he wants to beat Federer again, he'll have to play much much better. I'm hoping he makes a good match out of it. :)

Marine
05-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Well, I don't see Federer losing again against Richard ! It's a final of masters series, it's different, Richard will have much more pression and (I hope to be wrong) will lose easily I think.

C3PO
05-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Yes I'm sure Richard has no chance tomorow, Federer is a GOD, the god of tennis and Richard is just a little kid..

(Ok maybe I'm doing too much and it seems a bit hypocritical here but at least you can't say I'm an arrogant Froggie :devil: )

croat123
05-14-2005, 03:21 PM
great job gasquet, but, you have to admit, that he had the best draw ever to make it to the finals

joske
05-14-2005, 03:44 PM
well you did an incredible job in this tourney neways Christophe, so well done :yeah:

CONGRATS to Richard :yeah: now go beat Roger !!!!!

Rogiman
05-14-2005, 03:49 PM

I'll be crossing my fingers for this guy to make huge headlines in the years to come! :yeah:

tennischick
05-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Christophe must have been tired or he would have put up a better fight.

that said, congrats to mini-Fed. such talent and potential this kid has. :worship:

that said, i hope that Fed meets and crushes him in the final. ;)

Choupi
05-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Totally agree with you. Unfortunately, I missed his previous 2 matches, but today, I have to say, he didn't play that well, only enough to beat Rochus. Rochus made the unforced errors. If he wants to beat Federer again, he'll have to play much much better. I'm hoping he makes a good match out of it. :)
He'll have to play his best tennis. He's aware of that. He's admitted it in the after match interview. But there's a wide difference between being aware, and being able to do it. And, added to the fact that Roger wants a revenge, Richard has now the pressure of the final of a TMS, the pressure of the one who has defeated Roger not so long ago...Will he be able to cope with it? We'll have the answer tomorrow. I'm not a medium, and I can't read in cristal balls! ;)

Rogiman
05-14-2005, 03:53 PM
that said, congrats to mini-Fed. such talent and potential this kid has. :worship:

that said, i hope that Fed meets and crushes him in the final. ;)

Funny as ever, chick ;)

Marine
05-14-2005, 03:59 PM
He'll have to play his best tennis. He's aware of that. He's admitted it in the after match interview. But there's a wide difference between being aware, and being able to do it. And, added to the fact that Roger wants a revenge, Richard has now the pressure of the final of a TMS, the pressure of the one who has defeated Roger not so long ago...Will he be able to cope with it? We'll have the answer tomorrow. I'm not a medium, and I can't read in cristal balls! ;)

Yes, your questions make me think you think like me... Richard will have still more pression in Paris, he's able to wide of the mark at first round, that's terrible, he's able of all !!

silverwhite
05-14-2005, 04:04 PM

Do you have a link to that interview? :)

Marine
05-14-2005, 04:06 PM
It was on sport + and there is no link for videos etc...sorry, maybe he'll be interviewed later on another channel. I'm sure there will be a report about him tomorrow in stade 2, which means a video link for you ;)

GermanBoy
05-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Richard :hug: :worship:

silverwhite
05-14-2005, 04:08 PM
It was on sport + and there is no link for videos etc...sorry, maybe he'll be interviewed later on another channel. I'm sure there will be a report about him tomorrow in stade 2, which means a video link for you ;)

Ah. Hopefully, I'll be able to understand at least some of the torrent of French thrown at me. :lol:

Choupi
05-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Do you have a link to that interview? :)
Marine has been faster than me! :) No, it was a short interview on the chanel that showed the match...so no link. But Marine is right. There will surely be some interview tomorrow in our national weekly sport magazine. With a possible link... :)

Choupi
05-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Ah. Hopefully, I'll be able to understand at least some of the torrent of French thrown at me. :lol:
If you need help, I'm sure Marine will agree to join me in helping you! ;)

silverwhite
05-14-2005, 04:14 PM

Merci, ce sera necessaire. :lol:

nermo
05-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Bravooo..Gasquet,well done

i think a new talent is taking its way to appear ..slowly but confidently ,i am federer fan in fact..but i truely wish Gasquet a good match 2morrow

Marine
05-14-2005, 04:54 PM

If she's able to do it, Choupi... I'm not sure people understand my translations sometimes...LOL

Choupi
05-14-2005, 05:10 PM
If she's able to do it, Choupi... I'm not sure people understand my translations sometimes...LOL
Marine, don't underestimate yourself! :)

Aleksa's Laydee
05-14-2005, 06:39 PM
congrats richard :D:D:D

Golfnduck
05-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Great match for Gasquet. Man, this guy is on fire!!!!!! It would be great for him to win the tournament, I think he'll make it a close match.

Marine
05-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Hamburg, 14 May 2005

Press Conference with RICHARD GASQUET

Gasquet vs. Rochus 6:1, 6:1

Q: Congratulations. It must be a wonderful feeling to get into a Masters Series final?

A: I speak really bad in English (laughs). Yes, I am so happy to be in the final in Hamburg. Itís incredible. For me to play a final against Federer itís a dream.

Q: It must be a dream for an 18 year old to go into a final against a player with such quality and class and have a winning record against him.

A: Yes I won in Monte Carlo but it was an upset for me. He is the favourite tomorrow, but I will play a great match tomorrow. I will do my best and we will see. But I will be very happy to be in the final.

Q: Has it been difficult to play seven matches and do you feel tired?

A: Yes, I was tired, but Rochus was more tired, I think. Tomorrow I will forget that because itís the final. Itís very important to play a final against Federer for me. I will play a great match.

Q: What are your memories of the match in Monte Carlo?

A: An incredible match. I am thinking all days about this match. It was incredible to win against him. I donít realize it today. But tomorrow I have to play another match against him. But Iím not the favourite. So, I will play a great match and Iím happy to be in the finals. Itís a great result for me.

Q: Does it help that you have had 3 matches that have gone reasonably quickly?

A: Yes, it was quick, but I played great tennis. Itís incredible to win three matches like this. I have energy for tomorrow I think.

Q: Because thatís going to be important for the best of five.

A: Yes itís really important. Itís difficult for me to play five sets. But it will be great. I will have a lot experience after this match.

Q: How many 5 set matches have you played?

A: One but it was on grass court not on clay. I think itís difficult for me.

Q: Do you like this court because itís usually regarded as very slow?

A: Yes, itís slow. But I like this court because itís slow, I can play good tennis on this court. When I play good, I can play on every court I think.

Q: The weather forecast suggests that it might be cooler tomorrow, maybe a little rain which will make it even slower. Will that help you?

A: Yes, I think because if itís slow it will be good for me. I think Federer doesnít like slow courts. I donít know. I prefer to play him on a slow court.

Q: Is clay your best surface?

A: No, I donít know because I can play on hard court, grass. I donít know.

I couldn't listen to his interview, a pity... but I have the confirmation he speaks english... not as better as me...lol

Jennay
05-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Cool! :yeah: Good luck in the finals. :hug:

I'm hoping to see this kid play soon, so I can be a fan of his game and not his results.

slipmaskin
05-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Pretty horrible match quality-wise, but obviously a worthy winner.

tennisgirl19
05-14-2005, 08:10 PM
I love the post match interview, thanks!!! Hopefully Richard will go out there and do the best that he possibly can.
Allez

Space Cowgirl
05-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Should be a good match tomorrow as long as Gasquet isn't too tired or nervous

Nastase
05-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Justo one more step Richard! Hope he wins!

safdem
05-15-2005, 11:51 AM
bravo :banana:
good luck in final :D

rub
05-15-2005, 01:31 PM
:eek: great win!