Tips and practical info .....? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tips and practical info .....?

safinaferrero
05-13-2005, 11:28 PM
im french and im planning to go to my 1rst Wimbledon with a friend canu give me some tips for the tournement such as hotels near the tournement (where players are during the tourney ) prices in euros if u can
any information is welcome
thanx again !! :) :) :) :) :)

alfonsojose
05-26-2005, 01:36 PM
How expensive is a taxi from Heathrow to Earls Court? 30 sterling pounds :confused: ?

Aleksa's Laydee
05-26-2005, 03:26 PM
it shouldnt be that much maybe £20

TheBoiledEgg
05-26-2005, 05:33 PM
How expensive is a taxi from Heathrow to Earls Court? 30 sterling pounds :confused: ?

it can be pricey as London is nearly always a traffic-jam

just take Underground :lol:
you'll be ok as its not East or South London :tape:

enqvistfan
05-31-2005, 06:48 PM
Where do the players play the qualies ? Where do they practrice ? I heard that they don't practrice and they don't play the qualies in the main stadium. And how much does it cost ? Thanks a lot in advance for your quick reply.

Val

enqvistfan
06-04-2005, 09:35 PM
SO NOBODY KNOWS ??????

Val :(

Where do the players play the qualies ? Where do they practrice ? I heard that they don't practrice and they don't play the qualies in the main stadium. And how much does it cost ? Thanks a lot in advance for your quick reply.

Val

chrissiej
06-06-2005, 09:39 PM
they play the qualies @ roehampton near wimbledon

chrissiej
06-06-2005, 09:42 PM

Go on the tube - Heathrow Express is awesome, £15 methinks. Its well signposted, depends which terminal you fly into - but I could tell you exactly where to go from terminal 4. Heathrow Express take you directly to Paddington Station and you can get the tube from there. Hope that helps. :)

enqvistfan
06-07-2005, 06:27 AM
they play the qualies @ roehampton near wimbledon

Oh thank you very much you save my life. Do you know if we can see the players practrice there as well ?

Thank you

Val

chrissiej
06-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Oh thank you very much you save my life. Do you know if we can see the players practrice there as well ?

Thank you

Val

Absolutely no idea. There are practise courts on site at Wimbledon but you don't get good access to them.

*Ljubica*
06-07-2005, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=enqvistfan]Oh thank you very much you save my life. Do you know if we can see the players practrice there as well ?

No you can't get access to the practice courts - yet another reaosn I hate Wimby :devil:

enqvistfan
06-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks Rosie and Chrissiej

Where there are the qualies, players don't practrice at the same place ? It's stupid. It's not like that in Monaco, Roland-Garros, or at the US Open :(

In Wimbly, they always want to make things different !!!

Val

enqvistsangel
06-07-2005, 09:25 PM
the players who play qualifying tournament for Wimbly are not allowed to damage the precious & vulnerable grass tss tss :rain: