Nadal - Which would be more impressive? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal - Which would be more impressive?

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Ok, i think it was a good decision from nadal to withdraw from hamburg in order to let his hands repair. If he had played with the state of his hands, i dont feel he could have done very well (and could have been out for quite a while after).
But if he had played hamburg and won it (i believe no one has ever won 3 masters series events in a row?). Certainly no one has won the 3 clay masters in one season.
Now, which do you think is more impressive; him winning RG, or winning the 3 masters in one season. I am undecided due to the fact he would go down in history in doing something no one has ever done before (winning the 3) and they probably wont for quite a while.

Tennis Fool
05-13-2005, 10:18 PM
I agree with whatever YS says on this one.

Nastase
05-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Would be great to see him winning the 3 clay masters on the same year, but it must be a reason if nobody has done it before, he'll reach RG exhausted and for me the real impressive achievement is to get crown in Paris.

WyveN
05-14-2005, 01:11 AM
I think someone would choose all 3 TMS over the French Open only once they won as many French Opens as Borg ;)

makro120
05-14-2005, 01:41 AM
I think someone would choose all 3 TMS over the French Open only once they won as many French Opens as Borg ;)

No way, obviously he would then want to win a 7th RG so he can beat the record. ;)

Ali G
05-14-2005, 02:01 AM
the 3 clay tms would have been very impressive, doubley so if he had gone on and won RG. past history hit hasnt happened so its obviously tough enough to do but nadal had alreayd played a lot of tennis going into the clay season and continued to play alot. i think with the form he was in if he hadnt played quite so much it may have been possible but still very tough to do. im surprised how coria has done this year in hamburg considering he was in the monte carlo final, rome final in that long 5 setter and a couple days later comes out firing in hamburg and wins a few matches.

power
05-14-2005, 02:59 AM
Grand slams and end of year ranking are all that matter. And $ wise they are more important.

bad gambler
05-14-2005, 03:01 AM
bit of a no brainer really

slams are the ones that count