Richard Gasquet (Q) d. Andreas Seppi (Q) 6-1 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Richard Gasquet (Q) d. Andreas Seppi (Q) 6-1 6-2

trulliscorpion
05-13-2005, 07:39 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Richard's bashing everyone on his way! Keep going!!! :D :D

NATAS81
05-13-2005, 07:39 PM
6 games allowed in last 2 matches, very strong performing.

I guess we know who the real qualifier is, and who belongs in challenger series.

pryss
05-13-2005, 07:40 PM
allez richard.

vincayou
05-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Seppi does a good jump in the ranking, he's gonna play less challenger from now.

Yasmine
05-13-2005, 07:44 PM
:woohoo: allez Richard!!!!!!!!!!

trulliscorpion
05-13-2005, 07:48 PM
He's got a belter of a draw as well, couldn't have dreamed for a better match than playing Christophe Rochus in the Semi Finals of a Masters Series. Although credit due, Rochus has been underdog in every single match in the main draw and has beaten Ventura, Ljubicic, Gaudio and Chela, all good clay courters. Somehow I can't see his run continuing though, Richie is too strong ;)

Seppi had also an amazing run, and was also the underdog of this match after winning 3 matches also being it. But look at this score. :D Makes me optimist for tomorrow.. and his victory over Federer at Monte Carlo makes me believe in the title! For some reason I can't picture Davydenko beating Roger.

Yasmine
05-13-2005, 07:50 PM
:woohoo: allez Richard!!!!!!!!!!

jes_021
05-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Congrats Richard for lazily strolling along in this tournament.:dance:
Again a really strong match.
I hope he keeps this up. Would be nice to see him in a final.

Jes :p

makro120
05-13-2005, 08:07 PM
This kid is amazing. I think he will with time maybe even surpass Nadal, I think he has most potential in his generation.

Jim Jones
05-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Hamburg seems to be the magnet for qualifiers. 2 have won the title, Carretero & Portas. Gasquet should be the heavy favourite against Rochus who should not be counted out neverthless.

allanah
05-13-2005, 08:13 PM
I must say I'm falling a little bit more in love with Monsieur Gasquet's tennis every time i see him play. :) I only saw him for the first time when he beat Federer in Monte carlo a few weeks back. That backhand is a dream. :worship: So smooth and quick and creative. I hope his game translates well to grass.

to be fair, Seppi seemed a little helpless and overwhelmed but this guy has the game to upset even the top 10ers in the FO.

GermanBoy
05-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Allez Richard! :D

Nastase
05-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Gasquet just rocks!!! Keep doin it like that Richard.

tennisgirl19
05-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Richard :bowdown: I am so proud of him :worship:
Advance to your first TMS final tomorrow!!

Scotso
05-14-2005, 04:24 AM
Well done Richard :D

FLL
05-14-2005, 04:51 AM
I must say I'm falling a little bit more in love with Monsieur Gasquet's tennis every time i see him play. :) I only saw him for the first time when he beat Federer in Monte carlo a few weeks back. That backhand is a dream. :worship: So smooth and quick and creative. I hope his game translates well to grass.

to be fair, Seppi seemed a little helpless and overwhelmed but this guy has the game to upset even the top 10ers in the FO.

I think he will excel on grass too!! Big serve, groudies and he is awesome at net too!

tennisgirl19
05-14-2005, 04:56 AM
I think he will excel on grass too!! Big serve, groudies and he is awesome at net too!

I hope so! :wavey:

Allez Richard against Rochus!!

silverwhite
05-14-2005, 05:02 AM

He hasn't played on grass much, which is the problem. :lol: He lost to Carlsen in the 1st round of Wimby 2004 in 5 sets, 2 of the 3 tiebreaks won by Carlsen.

FLL
05-14-2005, 05:33 AM
He hasn't played on grass much, which is the problem. :lol: He lost to Carlsen in the 1st round of Wimby 2004 in 5 sets, 2 of the 3 tiebreaks won by Carlsen.

On anything fast, Carlsen is very strong. But Richard from 2004 and the new and improved Richard are two different things..

Flibbertigibbet
05-14-2005, 06:02 AM
I wish I had the Tennis Channel now - I really want to see these matches, and I want to see how Gasquet plays. He has a great one-handed backhand, which is favorable for me, and he's been chalking up some good results lately. I'm hoping for a Federer-Gasquet final here, and I hope Gasquet does well in the French, so I can see him on TV. :D

bad gambler
05-14-2005, 08:45 AM
I guess we know who the real qualifier is, and who belongs in challenger series.

that\'s a harsh assessment on someone who just made a QF of a masters tournament

Action Jackson
05-14-2005, 08:48 AM

Once again you are a beacon in the faculty of tennis assessment.

bad gambler
05-14-2005, 08:50 AM
I must say I\'m falling a little bit more in love with Monsieur Gasquet\'s tennis every time i see him play. :) I only saw him for the first time when he beat Federer in Monte carlo a few weeks back. That backhand is a dream. :worship: So smooth and quick and creative. I hope his game translates well to grass.

i agree - love the way he just attacks at every opportunity great to watch, and this is someone who doesnt care too much about clay court tennis :yeah:

just praying for a federer v gasquet final - now that\'s something worth staying up for in the middle of the night

ciccio
05-14-2005, 01:23 PM

Seppi doesn't belong on the challenger tournament, he got to the quarter finals for goodness sake. one negative result doesn't mean a thing, he will continue to improve.

FORZA ANDREAS