Let's tell Eurosport!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Let's tell Eurosport!!!

madmanfool
05-13-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty fed up with Eurosport lately.
Mainly because for some strange reason they decided to show ZERO (!!!) ATP gravel matches prior to RG!

They seem not be able to get the rights, but on the other hand they got no problem getting the rights for hundreds of women matches.

So I got the idea if we could all send them a mail about it. I think it'd be better if we all send the same mail with our names under it.

Is anyone willing to do that?

But I'm not that great at writing things like this, so be my guest to write a mail and post it here so we can all send it.

Feel free to do the same for ESPN in usa or whatever if you want

Eurosport can be reached here (http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s10000/sport_lng0_spo10000_sto403644.shtml)

Is anyone willing to join me???

Thanks,

Peter

Carlita
05-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Look what I did on the 3rd of April.....

************************************************** ******
Well, I just made a phonecall to Eurosport.... goodness me.....

First tournaments (ATP) they will show are: Queens & Rosmalen, oh and of course RG, but that's ITF.

Anyway, what this guy wants me to believe:scratch:, is that 20% of people watching Eurosport are the ones who actually watch because they are tennisfans. The other 80% watch because they are bored... and they wanna see WTA!

So I said: but what's the fun in the no.1 player double bagling the no.3 of the world?! That's no match is it ??? And at the same time, you have the guys playing the most brilliant matches!!

But, they only look at what the public wants...so I said I chatted with people here on MTF, from all over Europe, and we all want ATP!

Sorry to disappoint you all here, but we don't want ATP....or so this idiot said... :fiery:

I continued: in 2003 we got lots of ATP...then in 2004 only WTA! I thought we could go back in 2005 or devide! But no, there's no money to be made for Eurosport showing ATP! Of course, the money issue!

I don't get it, I really don't..... why watch the boring WTA....(at least, 95% of the matches suck!) tennis fan or not.... Is it me???

They used to sometimes give us the semis and final of ATP tourneys... or a summary of the final....but no, not even that!!!

oh he even made a suggestion to switch to Eurosport 2!!:rolleyes: So I told him: A. we only have it now so we can see what we're (not) missing... B. It's the same as Eurosport 1!!! No ATP only WTA!!!!! And 80% of the programs is the news.... :(

And when he said: 'before I answer your question, there's too much tennis on Eurosport at the moment' I thought I was going to explode!!! :fiery:


Eurosport pisses me off bigtime!!! :fiery:
************************************************** ******

so count me in!

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 04:42 PM
My dutch friend is always complaining about the wta coverage, he hardly ever gets a reply! or he gets some crap excuse.

Corinna
05-13-2005, 04:54 PM
i join :yeah: eurosport sucks :rolleyes:

madmanfool
05-13-2005, 04:55 PM
sorry, I was unaware of your previous post in April

And for your dutch friend, it's raining WTA matches on Eurosport. Sharapova is playing right now.

I find it so ridiculous they will show Queen's while there's no way they can compete with the BBC coverage on that.

madmanfool
05-13-2005, 05:01 PM
I've been thinking about a mail:

Dear Sir, Madam

I am one of many people who are not happy (to say the least) with the fact that Eurosport has shown ZERO atp gravel matches prior to Roland Garros. We hope to show you this by this way. Eurosport used to be a quality sport channel, we want it back!

(your name)

If you like it, I suggest we massively send this to them
you can reach them here (http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s10000/sport_lng0_spo10000_sto403644.shtml)

slipmaskin
05-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I can't say I agree with you about 95% of WTA-matches sucking, that's downright bigotry in my book... I've seen loads of ATP-matches that's equally as applicable in the sucky-department, but yeah, I get your main beef with this... Eurosport HAS been showing very little ATP-tennis all year long, but that's not a huge issue for me personally, as I follow both the WTA and the ATP with the same commitment, perhaps giving the WTA a slight edge, mainly because I'm Maria Sharapova's surrogatefather - according to my own twisted theories :retard: I get Sport-Expressen, a Swedish channel that's been very generous with ATP Masters-coverage for example, and that complements Eurosport very well, so yeah...

But, after all, this is menstennisforums.com, where probably 99.9 % of the members don't give two shits about women's tennis, so I guess you'll accumulate quite a following. A shame, 'cause there was a fucking stellar match going on last night between - yes indeed - Maria Sharapova, and the experienced Mary Pierce. But I understand the frustration... all those of you who're only interested in ATP-tennis won't find much to be excited about on Eurosport.

Lady
05-13-2005, 05:04 PM
There's no need for mail!
Eurosport producer (tennis) posts on WTAworld.com, his name is stenen, and we discussed that problem! ;)

Francine
05-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Go figure, Eurosport's tennis producer only posts at WTAworld, no wonder we don't get ATP matches ;)

k-rod83
05-13-2005, 05:27 PM
yes but he is leaving that job soon i think.

sky sports shows all the masters events and does good coverage.
you cant compare the 2 tours as they are completley different. but complaining about davenport bting sharapova 6-0 6-0 is not much different than federer humilating hewitt in the us open final.

Francine
05-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Look what I did on the 3rd of April.....

************************************************** ******
Anyway, what this guy wants me to believe:scratch:, is that 20% of people watching Eurosport are the ones who actually watch because they are tennisfans. The other 80% watch because they are bored... and they wanna see WTA!


So do bored people actually watch poker or snooker? Cos they've shown loads of that lalely. Somehow I think that ATP matches will attract more bored people than a bunch of people playing cards.

It's probably a money issue, unfortunately.

Goed dat je gebeld hebt trouwens, stelletje luldebehangers :rolleyes: .

Carlita
05-13-2005, 06:12 PM
sorry, I was unaware of your previous post in April
.;) no worries, it was just in my blog....I got sooooo fed up I had to call!! Lot of good it did me:rolleyes:

Goed dat je gebeld hebt trouwens, stelletje luldebehangers :rolleyes: . :haha:

Jenrios
05-13-2005, 07:23 PM
well, blame the greedy ATP. For years Eurosport supported the ATP tour, then when they put they package together - the one that went bust! - they sold the Masters coverage to individual pay-per-view channels across Europe. Eurosport retained the right to other ATP tournaments, but having been snubbed by the ATP, you can hardly blame them for signing a deal with the WTA.

stenen
06-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Go figure, Eurosport's tennis producer only posts at WTAworld, no wonder we don't get ATP matches ;)

The reason why I mainly post on wtaworld.com is simple...WTAtour and Eurosport have contract...ATPtour and Eurosport don't.
We wanted to continue our contract with ATP but they went for other options.

Tian
06-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Sky Sports show ATP so Eurosport don't want to compete with them.

stenen
06-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Sky Sports show ATP so Eurosport don't want to compete with them.

ATP have contracts with different broadcasting companies in Europe. In the UK it's Sky Sports.
ATP wanted to try this option because they can make more money this way than if Eurosport would broadcast most ATP events shown on TV in Europe. The same thing is with BBC and Wimbledon. Eurosport would love to cover all GS events but BBC sells these rights to other broadcasting companies in Europe in the same way as ATP does.
Eurosport are offered some ATP events but not much compared to 2002 or 2003. :shrug:
Getting on Eurosport's case about ATP broadcasting is like barking at the wrong tree.

Lady
06-01-2005, 02:36 PM
ATP have contracts with different broadcasting companies in Europe. In the UK it's Sky Sports.
ATP wanted to try this option because they can make more money this way than if Eurosport would broadcast most ATP events shown on TV in Europe. The same thing is with BBC and Wimbledon. Eurosport would love to cover all GS events but BBC sells these rights to other broadcasting companies in Europe in the same way as ATP does.
Eurosport are offered some ATP events but not much compared to 2002 or 2003. :shrug:
Getting on Eurosport's case about ATP broadcasting is like barking at the wrong tree.

And this is really sad for me, cause I don't get to see Wimby at all! :sad:

stenen
06-01-2005, 02:37 PM
And this is really sad for me, cause I don't get to see Wimby at all! :sad:

I know it sucks big time. :hug:
But I still haven't given up hope. We'll see...... ;)