Why does Seppi speak such good German ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why does Seppi speak such good German ?

Ten_Isse_Fan
05-13-2005, 04:13 AM
Is his mom or dad German ? I was kinda shocked when I watched the interview. :lol: He's really cute btw :drool:

azza
05-13-2005, 05:01 AM
IMHO i think he looks like pimpim? anyone agree? :o

jole
05-13-2005, 05:19 AM
IMHO i think he looks like pimpim? anyone agree? :o

Somewhat, certainly.

Scotso
05-13-2005, 05:25 AM
pic?

jole
05-13-2005, 06:05 AM
http://www.dolomiten.it/images/nachrichten/sport/seppi.jpg

Federerhingis
05-13-2005, 06:18 AM
http://www.dolomiten.it/images/nachrichten/sport/seppi.jpg

He does look a bit like Joachim, the hair is darker though. But I do see the resemblance.

El Legenda
05-13-2005, 06:55 AM
Is his mom or dad German ? I was kinda shocked when I watched the interview. :lol: He's really cute btw :drool:

I speak perfact English and Croatian ;)

KarstenBraasch#1
05-13-2005, 07:42 AM
He's from South Tyrol where German is the native language. :)

Action Jackson
05-13-2005, 09:23 AM
Seppi's father is Italian and mother is Austrian descent. In the region where he is from they learn both Italian and German plus he speaks English as well.

Rogiman
05-13-2005, 12:01 PM
He's from South Tyrol where German is the native language. :)

Oh, I see...
Beautiful region, I've happened to do some serious hiking there ;)
It's funny how the people there switch from German to Italian midway through the conversation, every town and village have both italian and german name and the signs are all writen in both languages.

Action Jackson
05-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Oh, I see...
Beautiful region, I've happened to do some serious hiking there ;)
It's funny how the people there switch from German to Italian midway through the conversation, every town and village have both italian and german name and the signs are all writen in both languages.

That depends on which part of the region you are in. I met these guys who refused to speak Italian, the further north and closer to Austria, it's more likely they'll speak German and the further south it's Italian, though the above example is common.

Rogiman
05-13-2005, 12:15 PM
That depends on which part of the region you are in. I met these guys who refused to speak Italian, the further north and closer to Austria, it's more likely they'll speak German and the further south it's Italian, though the above example is common.

I think Mussolini forced them to adopt italian, so it makes sense some of them are reluctant to.

Action Jackson
05-13-2005, 12:20 PM
I think Mussolini forced them to adopt italian, so it makes sense some of them are reluctant to.

It just depends on which part of SüdTirol it is actually, but that is the reason why Seppi speaks such good German. It's better for me to readnews about Seppi in German than in Italian.

He and Volandri both are AC Milan fans.

Rogiman
05-13-2005, 12:22 PM

That's already a reason to dislike them :mad:

Action Jackson
05-13-2005, 12:23 PM
That's already a reason to dislike them :mad:

He is a baseliner with no flair I thought that would be reason enough for you.

Rogiman
05-13-2005, 12:25 PM
He is a baseliner with no flair I thought that would be reason enough for you.

I take it it's Seppi you're refering to :confused:

Betty
05-13-2005, 12:26 PM

and there is a bad thing :devil: U know my "heart" team ;)

Action Jackson
05-13-2005, 12:26 PM
I take it it's Seppi you're refering to :confused:

Well yes it is as Volandri can play very well it's just along with Nalle they have the worst serves in the top 50.

Rogiman
05-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Well yes it is as Volandri can play very well it's just along with Nalle they have the worst serves in the top 50.

That never ceases to amaze me... I mean, you turned your backhand - most player's weakness - to be your best weapon, and you couldn't have bothered practising your serve at least to the point it can't be used against you...?

Action Jackson
05-13-2005, 12:34 PM
That never ceases to amaze me... I mean, you turned your backhand - most player's weakness - to be your best weapon, and you couldn't have bothered practising your serve at least to the point it can't be used against you...?

I watch a lot of tennis, some would say too much. For Volandri he should after the US Open, just go off the tour and remodel his serve as I said with deivid, it doesn't need to be fast, get some kick on it, vary it and move it around a lot better than he does.

Seppi well he moves well side to side, but not that well forward and I saw him at AO qualies and one of my friends saw him in Austria and I thought he could do quite well, but I am glad he improved from that garbage performance against Schüttler.

Jim Jones
05-13-2005, 01:14 PM
South Tyrol used to be part of Austria but was given to Italy after WWI. It still has a large germanic population. Italy is lucky, it did not lose land like Germany did after WWI. It even regained Trieste in the 50s that it had temporily lost.

Action Jackson
05-13-2005, 01:21 PM
South Tyrol used to be part of Austria but was given to Italy after WWI. It still has a large germanic population. Italy is lucky, it did not lose land like Germany did after WWI. It even regained Trieste in the 50s that it had temporily lost.

When was the last time you didn't post anything political?

Jim Jones
05-13-2005, 01:30 PM
My 3rd last message, check it out :D
I'm pursuing a int. relations master program, politics is my field. But I love tennis and I play it too. Who knows if I bump into you one day we can play a match. I'm pretty good you know. I bet you 100 dollars that I'll win. :lol:

Action Jackson
05-13-2005, 01:33 PM
My 3rd last message, check it out :D
I'm pursuing a int. relations master program, politics is my field. But I love tennis too and I play it too. Who knows if I bump into you one day we can play a match and I'll bet you 100 dollars that I'll win. :)

You'd never find me and thanks for answering my question.

alfonsojose
05-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Seppi's father is Italian and mother is Austrian descent. In the region where he is from they learn both Italian and German plus he speaks English as well.
:eek: Marry me :drool: and leave Rainer alone :sad: