Coria vs. Federer - it doesn't get any betterer! Who'll win? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Coria vs. Federer - it doesn't get any betterer! Who'll win?

Rogiman
05-12-2005, 02:53 PM
too close to call...

Exodus
05-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Go and kick some ass Roger

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Federer.

~EMiLiTA~
05-12-2005, 02:55 PM
go rogi!!!

tennischick
05-12-2005, 02:56 PM
the King vs the Weasel. hmmmmm....

WyveN
05-12-2005, 02:57 PM
I dont think Corias type of game matches up well with Roger regardless of surface but I guess we will see.

willie
05-12-2005, 02:57 PM
GUILLERMO CORIA, will kick rogers ass!!!!

NATAS81
05-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Holy dam!! Toughest match to call so far, out of the top guns.

There were Hrbaty Stepanek crap matches dead even you couldn't call too.

Gonna say Federer because conditions favor him cold weather.

DanEd
05-12-2005, 03:02 PM
what a pity they should play in the final.

gaudio (f win today) vs Chela, volandri/grosjean vs Davydenko, Seppi vs Gasquet are the other quarters. rolleyes:

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 03:04 PM
The draw is fixed.

NATAS81
05-12-2005, 03:05 PM
2 of the 3 current clay gods. Moya and JCF have fallen back.

mandoura
05-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Roger

Art&Soul
05-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Kick his kid-ass ROGI, i would not be happier :D The King of Art vs the King of Whine, how's interesting :)

Beforehand
:cry:

Guillermo Coria vs. Roger Federer

My favorite two players. :nono:

mitalidas
at last year's final I said it would be a tough close match but Federer won reasonably comfortably
I predict the same this year
GO ROGER

Experimentee
05-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Federer in 2

boliviana
05-12-2005, 03:15 PM
I would love to see Coria win but think Fed will prevail in the end . . . Coria however has nothing to lose by going out there and just going for it and that will cause Fed some heartburn for sure.

doublebackhand
05-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Fed in 2! Too strong for Coria.

mickymouse
05-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Federer.
Somehow Roger plays better against his old rivals whom he has more or less figured out than the newer ones.

nermo
05-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Well, they re my most favorite two players.too bad to see them play that early.. :shrug:
if Coria wins, i think i ll be happy cuz..this means that he has done something big this year..for a change( plz dont get me wrong. :o .but the guy played too hard and he did his best this year..so he deserves better than just losing again..i mean thrice thaaat soon..still havent recovered from rome :sad: )
of course , i ll be sad for Federer, but Federer has tasted that winning sensation alot ..so just comoon federer, let the kid feels it too.. :bdaycake: )

well, that was a :zzz: dream after all...Truth.. :scratch: I think ROGER ll win 2 sets to one may be..

uNIVERSE mAN
05-12-2005, 03:33 PM
I would love to see Coria win but think Fed will prevail in the end . . . Coria however has nothing to lose by going out there and just going for it and that will cause Fed some heartburn for sure.

nothing to lose? he's defending a finals result.

Skyward
05-12-2005, 03:35 PM
if Coria wins, i think i ll be happy cuz..this means that he has done something big this year..for a change( plz dont get me wrong: )
let the kid feels it too.. :bdaycake: )

If Coria doesn't win the tournament, beating Federer wouldn't be enough. Is Coria still a kid? He's just 4-5 month younger then Federer.

alexito
05-12-2005, 03:37 PM
tournament hamburg is bored, will win federer the tournament, federer no have rival hard, all important players lose. I no will see more tennis hamburg

Rogiman
05-12-2005, 03:38 PM
I thought the poll would be much more closely contested, people should remember Coria is the 2nd best clay court player this season by a fine margin from the 3rd (Ferrer...?, Ferrero...?) and has been playing great tennis this week, in a tournament he won two years ago and made the final of last year.
Hardly a surprise if Roger loses tomorrow.

Rogiman
05-12-2005, 03:38 PM
tournament hamburg is bored, will win federer the tournament, federer no have rival hard, all important players lose. I no will see more tennis hamburg

:scratch:

DanEd
05-12-2005, 03:39 PM
If Coria doesn't win the tournament, beating Federer won't be enough. Is Coria still a kid? He's just 4-5 month younger then Federer.

Coria looks like he is 18 while federer looks like is 30

Skyward
05-12-2005, 03:43 PM

Coria looks like he's 13. But it's not the point.

Roger The Great
05-12-2005, 03:44 PM
If this was Monte Carlo a few weeks ago where they were facing off, I would have picked Coria. But Roger seems to be rolling through opponents as easily as he has all year right now. If Roger is really on top of his game at the moment and feeling great then he beats anyone regardless of opponent or surface. I think he'll win tomorrow but you never know. :)

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 03:45 PM

coria does lindeed look 18
but Fed doesn't look 30. novak is 30 and Fed sure as hell doesn't look as old as Jiri

nermo
05-12-2005, 03:50 PM
If Coria doesn't win the tournament, beating Federer wouldn't be enough. [QUOTE]

Do u really think so??i dont..cuz Roger the king is still almostly Untouchable..and i say it proudly cuz i am one of his fans..so the time he gets defeated..believe me..its big..of course it wont be enough ..not for Coria Not for his fans..it would be crazy to lose after defeating Federer..

[QUOTE]Is Coria still a kid? He's just 4-5 month younger then Federer.[/

i know...but i just get the feeling when i see him..

ugotlobbed
05-12-2005, 03:50 PM
whatever the outcome...i hope itll prepare him for NADAL in PARIS

nermo
05-12-2005, 03:54 PM
whatever the outcome...i hope itll prepare him for NADAL in PARIS
:yeah: :yeah:

Black Adam
05-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Roger will win :yeah:

connectolove
05-12-2005, 03:59 PM
I think Coria is a good rival for fed, at last something interesting happening. :D

The other intersting stuff: Safin vs Ferrero :D

Sad: Ferrero losing against the Ukranian :sad:

Federer will struggle, perhaps we will see a nother winner of the tornament. I would not take Coria lightly...

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 04:02 PM
this is a joke to be a QF
look at the other QF's --- the highest seed left in those is gaudio

nermo
05-12-2005, 04:07 PM
yep, too bad to see the best two playing against each other that early...

Turkeyballs Paco
05-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Federer probably. I love the title of this thread! :)

Julio1974
05-12-2005, 04:11 PM
this is a joke to be a QF
look at the other QF's --- the highest seed left in those is gaudio

I couldn't agree more with you...

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Where are the conspiracy theories about the draw being rigged.

TennisLurker
05-12-2005, 04:16 PM
roger in 2 sets

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 04:20 PM
I couldn't agree more with you...

well I guess this is a consequence of Nadal pulling out, Safin and Agassi losing early (roddick's losing early does not matter much), hewitt's not playing

will be very surprised if the winner of tomorrow's match is not the winner on sunday

nermo
05-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Where are the conspiracy theories about the draw being rigged. originally posted by GWH

:D ;) funny..but i dont think u should pull that trigger in here..ppl are being reasonable..no one talks of conspiracy..but its bad that match is really going to be played as QF..Dont u agree ?( For once?? ;) :devil: )

WyveN
05-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Where are the conspiracy theories about the draw being rigged.

draw was made in florida.

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 04:24 PM
draw was made in florida.

Thanks for making sense I knew there had to be a reason, and then there'll be some ready made excuses for whoever loses this match.

Julio1974
05-12-2005, 04:25 PM
well I guess this is a consequence of Nadal pulling out, Safin and Agassi losing early (roddick's losing early does not matter much), hewitt's not playing

will be very surprised if the winner of tomorrow's match is not the winner on sunday

If Federer wins, I think that nobody will stop him. If Coria wins, I'm not so sure, especially if he ends up exhausted.

WyveN
05-12-2005, 04:26 PM
some ready made excuses for whoever loses this match.

One has played to much and the other hasnt played enough.

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 04:27 PM
One has played to much and the other hasnt played enough.

They'll be fired out for sure, then again there are still people trying to convince me cramp is an injury.

Julio1974
05-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks for making sense I knew there had to be a reason, and then there'll be some ready made excuses for whoever loses this match.

I don't think it's an excuse. It's just a fact. This is n ot a QF match..., especially if on the other side you find Voladri, Chela, Seppi, Davydenko....

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't think it's an excuse. It's just a fact. This is n ot a QF match..., especially if on the other side you find Voladri, Chela, Seppi, Davydenko....

The draw is fixed then, if you want to take that line.

Whose fault is it that Coria is ranked where he was at that time? Yes, blame the seeded players in the other half for not winning.

It's an excuse, some things happen in your favour and other times they don't.

nermo
05-12-2005, 04:32 PM
If Federer wins, I think that nobody will stop him. If Coria wins, I'm not so sure, especially if he ends up exhausted. posted by Julio

:yeah: but For Coria..i ll not be sure..whether he gets exhausted or not..about his results..(when it comes to big balls...u never know what ll he do?? :scratch: )

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 04:34 PM
They'll be fired out for sure, then again there are still people trying to convince me cramp is an injury.

technically, no; but in reality, thats how it plays out. Coria's at FO was a cramp (said so himself, plus the tour medic), but went under "injury timeout"

WyveN
05-12-2005, 04:34 PM
then again there are still people trying to convince me cramp is an injury.

And the real Santa lives in my laundry.

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 04:36 PM
technically, no; but in reality, thats how it plays out. Coria's at FO was a cramp (said so himself, plus the tour medic), but went under "injury timeout"

Ah! go to any qualified doctor and if they tell you cramp is an injury, then they shouldn't be practicing medicine. Do you really want me to go there?
Blisters go under an injury timeout, but it's not an injury, it's a loss of conditioning, a very clear difference.

Deboogle!.
05-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Barring anything bizarre happening, Fed will win, and probably pretty easily. He looked very solid against Tommy today.

Julio1974
05-12-2005, 04:38 PM
The draw is fixed then, if you want to take that line.

Whose fault is it that Coria is ranked where he was at that time? Yes, blame the seeded players in the other half for not winning.

It's an excuse, some things happen in your favour and other times they don't.

I still don't think is an excuse. You have good draws and bad drwas and it does not depend on the ranking only. For instance, Coria had an easy draw in Montecarlo. Now, he has a bad draw in Hamburgo. That's all: a question of luck. And most players at any sport will tell you always need a bit of luck to win.

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 04:39 PM
All I want is some good tennis and the best player win without any excuses, the excuse bit was very idealistic.

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Ah! go to any qualified doctor and if they tell you cramp is an injury, then they shouldn't be practicing medicine. Do you really want me to go there?
Blisters go under an injury timeout, but it's not an injury, it's a loss of conditioning, a very clear difference.

its what i said. Technically: no.
But a muscle pull is an injury and there would be no way to stop a player from dissembling when they have a cramp, to say its a muscle pull to get the timeout
Either do away with the timeouts, or they could acknowledge that it will be abused and let it be abused

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Barring anything bizarre happening, Fed will win, and probably pretty easily. He looked very solid against Tommy today.

where are you watching it? (US? what channel?)

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 04:41 PM
I still don't think is an excuse. You have good draws and bad drwas and it does not depend on the ranking only. For instance, Coria had an easy draw in Montecarlo. Now, he has a bad draw in Hamburgo. That's all: a question of luck. And most players at any sport will tell you always need a bit of luck to win.

Well it's pro sport there has to be an element of luck and apart from very few Slam victories there has always been an element of that.

Ancic and Spadea on clay is not a tough draw, he has a tough quarter final, one match doesn't make a bad draw. Federer has had a tougher draw actually.

It's just a convenient excuse if Coria loses tomorrow to blame the draw.

Bilbo
05-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Fed in 2

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 04:45 PM
its what i said. Technically: no.
But a muscle pull is an injury and there would be no way to stop a player from dissembling when they have a cramp, to say its a muscle pull to get the timeout
Either do away with the timeouts, or they could acknowledge that it will be abused and let it be abused

There is a distinct difference between a muscle pull and a cramp, if you have done one then you'll know. The issue of timeouts is not the point, well I have a very good way of getting rid of the abuse of injury timeouts.

Just cause a player can get an injury timeout for something that isn't an injury, doesn't mean medically that all of a sudden that particular thing blisters and cramp become legit injuries.

Deboogle!.
05-12-2005, 04:47 PM
where are you watching it? (US? what channel?)The Tennis Channel

Fergie
05-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Rogi in 2! :D

Aguante_el_Gato
05-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Coria in 2

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Just cause a player can get an injury timeout for something that isn't an injury, doesn't mean medically that all of a sudden that particular thing blisters and cramp become legit injuries.

they're aren't injuries (hence I said "technically, no"), but they will go down in the records of the match as an injury, because the guidelines for an injury timeout allow it to be treated as one

so will the "injuries" like malisse's breathing problems from being nervous in the W sf, or certain other players' ruses for gamesmanship

Julio1974
05-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Well it's pro sport there has to be an element of luck and apart from very few Slam victories there has always been an element of that.

Ancic and Spadea on clay is not a tough draw, he has a tough quarter final, one match doesn't make a bad draw. Federer has had a tougher draw actually.

It's just a convenient excuse if Coria loses tomorrow to blame the draw.

My point is: assuming Coira loses tomorrow, he could have gone further in this tournament had he had to play against any of the other seeded players. On the other hand, he was very lucky to reach the Montecarlo final. He was not playing a great tennis but he had a very easy draw (federer, Nadal and Gauido were on the other side).

So, draws are a key factor. And it's a question of luck (at least to some degree). For example, what would you say if, in the FO, Federer had to play against Gasquet in first round, Juan Carlos Ferrero in the second round, Fernando Gonzalez o Cañas in the third round, and then Coria in 16 and Nadal in quarters...

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 04:54 PM
they're aren't injuries (hence I said "technically, no"), but they will go down in the records of the match as an injury, because the guidelines for an injury timeout allow it to be treated as one

so will the "injuries" like malisse's breathing problems from being nervous in the W sf, or certain other players' ruses for gamesmanship

There is no way about it, you are either medically injured or not. The ATP bought the rule cause Shuzo Matsuoka cramped on court, couldn't move and had to be defaulted. It was his own fault, pure and simple.

Gamesmanshp is rampant, and yes Safin and Hewitt were really injured in the AO final.

The tennis records mean crap, when it's a medical problem. Oh Safin was nervous lets get a massage and play better, yes that was an injury.

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 04:55 PM
For example, what would you say if, in the FO, Federer had to play against Gasquet in first round, Juan Carlos Ferrero in the second round, Fernando Gonzalez o Cañas in the third round, and then Coria in 16 and Nadal in quarters...

I would say "Oh man -- Gasquet, Ferrero, Gonzo, Canas and Nadal have the worst luck to draw Fed"
;)

babsi
05-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Roger in three - I don´t think Coria will be that easy to brush off!

The second set is Roger´s choice,when it come to losing one - so I guess,that´s what´s going to happen.

You have the choice to remain silent.If you do speak,you will be misquoted and abused for it.

Julio1974
05-12-2005, 04:59 PM
I would say "Oh man -- Gasquet, Ferrero, Gonzo, Canas and Nadal have the worst luck to draw Fed"
;)

I like your confidence. But I don't Federer would be too happy.., esp. if you consider that he lost last year against Kuerten.

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 04:59 PM
My point is: assuming Coira loses tomorrow, he could have gone further in this tournament had he had to play against any of the other seeded players. On the other hand, he was very lucky to reach the Montecarlo final. He was not playing a great tennis but he had a very easy draw (federer, Nadal and Gauido were on the other side).

It's still an excuse whichever way you want to look at, this is the hand he got this week and he has to deal with it and will to the best of his ability, but if he loses this issue will clearly come up as an excuse for him losing, when it shouldn't.

So, draws are a key factor. And it's a question of luck (at least to some degree). For example, what would you say if, in the FO, Federer had to play against Gasquet in first round, Juan Carlos Ferrero in the second round, Fernando Gonzalez o Cañas in the third round, and then Coria in 16 and Nadal in quarters...

Federer had to beat Gaudio, N.Lapentti, Gonzalez, Moya, Hewitt and Coria to win Hamburg last year. To some people that would be considered a tough draw and if that happened, he'd have to beat them and there wouldn't be an excuse if he didn't blamed on the draw.

It's not like they both get nice Agassi draws consistently.

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 05:00 PM
There is no way about it, you are either medically injured or not. The ATP bought the rule cause Shuzo Matsuoka cramped on court, couldn't move and had to be defaulted. It was his own fault, pure and simple.

Er.... I think that's what I said. Third time: "Technically, no". No one thinks a blister or cramp or feeling nervous is an injury., Hence technically they aren't. But the rules apparently allow it, since players are routinely getting treated for blisters and cramps under the ruse of an injury timeout

Matsuoka defaulted because his cramps did not allow him to move. But Coria could move (vaguely) and took advantage of his non-injury to get a timeout

I think everyone has the sense to know what an injury is-- but defining it in layterms for a tourney so that there is a fine line between an injury and a lack of conditioning has been far too hard for the ATP to do

Julio1974
05-12-2005, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=GeorgeWHitler]It's still an excuse whichever way you want to look at, this is the hand he got this week and he has to deal with it and will to the best of his ability, but if he loses this issue will clearly come up as an excuse for him losing, when it shouldn't.

It shouldn't be an excuse for losing. If he loses it's because the other played better. But I think it's valid to say: " I could have gone further if I had not had to face Federer". Or if Federer loses, he could say "I could have reached the final if I had not had to play with Coria.

But, as usual, the problem is Coria. When Feña had to face Coria in first round in Rome I saw several posts about Gonzalez's bad luck (one from Fergie, almost sure). I don't know why it's wrong to say that this time Coria had bad luck.

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Er.... I think that's what I said. Third time: "Technically, no". No one thinks a blister or cramp or feeling nervous is an injury., Hence technically they aren't. But the rules apparently allow it, since players are routinely getting treated for blisters and cramps under the ruse of an injury timeout

The rules are crap in this regard.

Matsuoka defaulted because his cramps did not allow him to move. But Coria could move (vaguely) and took advantage of his non-injury to get a timeout

I think I know why Matsuoka was defaulted, and as for Coria well what he did wasn't illegal under the rules, but it's still not an injury techncially and medically.

I think everyone has the sense to know what an injury is-- but defining it in layterms for a tourney so that there is a fine line between an injury and a lack of conditioning has been far too hard for the ATP to do

There is no fine line at all actually, it wasn't like players never cramped or get injured before the Matsuoka incident and the ATP freaked out and changed the rule. You think everyone has that sense then why do some people say cramp is an injury if that is the case?

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 05:09 PM
It shouldn't be an excuse for losing. If he loses it's because the other played better. But I think it's valid to say: " I could have gone further if I had not had to face Federer". Or if Federer loses, he could say "I could have reached the final if I had not had to play with Coria.

No, it's justifying a particular loss because of the draw and not taking responsibility for their performance that is weak, what ifs count for nothing.

But, as usual, the problem is Coria. When Feña had to face Coria in first round in Rome I saw several posts about Gonzalez's bad luck (one from Fergie, almost sure). I don't know why it's wrong to say that this time Coria had bad luck.

Coria himself won't make those excuses, but no matter which player loses that excuse will come out and doesn't count for either side. Feña wasn't good enough when it counted pure and simple.

MissMoJo
05-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Roja in straights :dance:

Deivid23
05-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Coria in 3

alfonsojose
05-12-2005, 05:11 PM
JesusFed, save us again from the evil Weasel :angel:

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 05:12 PM
The rules are crap in this regard.
I think I know why Matsuoka was defaulted, and as for Coria well what he did wasn't illegal under the rules, but it's still not an injury techncially and medically.
There is no fine line at all actually, it wasn't like players never cramped or get injured before the Matsuoka incident and the ATP freaked out and changed the rule. You think everyone has that sense then why do some people say cramp is an injury if that is the case?

The rules are indeed crap., which is why it is worth considering doing away with the injury timeout altogether (I know there are reasons not to as well)

People who say (and believe) a cramp is an injury are misled or deluded --but who are these people anyway? nonplayers and random followers of the game

It is now so acceptable to cramp or blisterfy and get an injury timeout, that players don't even try to hide then or later that that was the reason they took the timeout
At the 04 FO, it was being announced even while coria was being treated, that it was for cramping. the tourney announed it, the commentators announced it and all players now learn to accept it as an "injury"

robinhood
05-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Federer in three!

Doris Loeffel
05-12-2005, 06:32 PM
I hope Roger will win but it won't be easy...

NYCtennisfan
05-12-2005, 06:42 PM
JesusFed, save us again from the evil Weasel

A rested Federer is different player we saw at Monte Carlo. He played really well after resting (albeit with an injury) last year during the TMC. I see Roger getting out to a fast start, then Coria challenging him in the second taking it to a tie-breaker.

Micca
05-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Coria in 3 I hope :woohoo:

Tennis Fool
05-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Fed is going to blow Coria off the court. He has a record to live up to. :angel:

Deivid23
05-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Coria in 3

Last year Federer blow off the court a dead tired Coria. This time it won´t be that easy imo.

Chloe le Bopper
05-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Federer will win and the collective orgasm of MTF will be heard around the world. And it will be REALLY sad. But I'll love you all because the magnitude of it's sadness will make me laugh out loud.

RogiNie
05-12-2005, 07:23 PM
I think Roger will win in 3 :)

Rogiman
05-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Federer will win and the collective orgasm of MTF will be heard around the world.

I get the impression that a respectable amount of posters would love Coria to win this :shrug:

I can only speak for myself, and whereas I'd rather see Federer win I have no doubts who the better claycourter is, regardless of the result tomorrow.

Jorge
05-12-2005, 07:33 PM
The best player will win. Do I need to say who's the best player? OK! Roger will kick weasel's mini-ass! :yeah:

Chloe le Bopper
05-12-2005, 07:57 PM
I get the impression that a respectable amount of posters would love Coria to win this :shrug:

Really? I had the impression that Coria had more "haters" than fans, but since I'm a fan I'm probably not being objective. Since Roger hasn't won 600 matches in the last week, the "LOSE ROGER LOSE" contingent should be a bit quieter than usual, I would think.

I can only speak for myself, and whereas I'd rather see Federer win I have no doubts who the better claycourter is, regardless of the result tomorrow.

Coria is a better claycourter overall, I agree. Whether or not Fed is a good match for him on clay is something else though. I have the Hamburg final on my computer but haven't had a chance to watch it all yet. Maybe tonight :(

oneandonlyhsn
05-12-2005, 08:09 PM

Come back when you can actually write something that makes sense. :rolleyes:

tennischick
05-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Come back when you can actually write something that makes sense. :rolleyes:
be nice -- english is not his first language.

i fully expect Fed to win, not bec Coria isn't good but bec it's not last year when he was at his best. if they were playing last year, I would've voted for Coria.

Rogiman
05-12-2005, 08:15 PM
And spanish isn't mine, so I don't post in the spanish forum :shrug:

if they were playing last year, I would've voted for Coria.

And you would've been wrong, Roger won :devil:

tennischick
05-12-2005, 08:18 PM
And spanish isn't mine, so I don't post in the spanish forum :shrug:
yes but you can feel free to. i do occasionally and make a spectacular ass of myself in spanish. and i remember how i felt when some prick suggested that i shouldn't take part in Jorge's game bec my spanish wasn't good enuf. i'd name the prick but i have forgotten.

And you would've been wrong, Roger won :devil:
Roger spanked him last year? :eek: now i've forgotten two things. well then in that case, crush him again Roger bec Coria this year does not have the level he had last year. go Rogi ;)

oneandonlyhsn
05-12-2005, 08:19 PM

i fully expect Fed to win, not bec Coria isn't good but bec it's not last year when he was at his best. if they were playing last year, I would've voted for Coria.

I think I've gone out of my way to tolerate his neanderthal remarks, you dont see me making similar posts on other other people whose first language may not be English. There is a reason why I picked on him, he is a troll, and his non intelligent contributions are pissing me off.

Sorry had to get that off my chest.

DanEd
05-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I think I've gone out of my way to tolerate his neanderthal remarks, you dont see me making similar posts on other other people whose first language may not be English. There is a reason why I picked on him, he is a troll, and his non intelligent contributions are pissing me off.

I guess he is 12-15 years old even maybe younger.

Rogiman
05-12-2005, 08:24 PM

I don't know whether I agree or not, simply because I never get what the guy is talking about :lol:

oneandonlyhsn
05-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Oops I completely got carried away with other peoples posts, anyway hoping Fed can pull it off in 2 but I think it will be Fed in 3 sets. Federer lately seems to drift to Mirkas kingdom in the 2nd set whenever he is playing.

tennischick
05-12-2005, 08:27 PM

never let neanderthals get under your skin. it's not worth it. i learnt that on this board. ;)

Jorge
05-12-2005, 08:33 PM
yes but you can feel free to. i do occasionally and make a spectacular ass of myself in spanish. and i remember how i felt when some prick suggested that i shouldn't take part in Jorge's game bec my spanish wasn't good enuf. i'd name the prick but i have forgotten.

Bien dicho. ¡No a la discriminación lingüística! :yeah:

BTW your spanish was/is good enough to keep playing :cool:

gooner88
05-12-2005, 08:34 PM
I pick Fed to win. Coria just doesn't have many weapons to hurt fed apart from his defense. The only way I can see coria winning is if fed hits a really high number of unforced errors due to being frustrated by coria's defense, however that's unlikely.

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 08:35 PM
I don't know whether I agree or not, simply because I never get what the guy is talking about :lol:

i think he is a pretender. the troll probably teaches english in england

me no think he not english know. me think he piss off try hard very
but he succeed no , he troll is

lunahielo
05-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Go Rogi! :yeah:

Raquel
05-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Hopefully Roger can win but it will be tough. He's looks pretty solid here so far so I don't think he is still trying to find form after the injury. Hopp Rogi ;)

MalmöKrampan
05-12-2005, 09:41 PM
GUILLERMO CORIA, will lick rogers ass!!!!

:eek:

Carolinita
05-12-2005, 10:02 PM
I'll be generous. Fed in 3 ;)

Federerhingis
05-12-2005, 11:21 PM
The draw is fixed.

Dont you think, last years two finalists meeting in this years quarter final, by the way they've been the winners of the tournie for the past 3 years, Fed in 02, Coria in 03, Fed in 04. Too bad they had to meet this early, its really a tough match to call, Coria is still Coria on clay and I am sure Fed wants to win just as much and he knows he can beat him, last years final comes to mind.

Sjengster
05-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Federer will win and the collective orgasm of MTF will be heard around the world. And it will be REALLY sad. But I'll love you all because the magnitude of it's sadness will make me laugh out loud.

Have a little more faith in your man - it's still clay and Coria has been very impressive in his matches so far, even if none of them were against standout clay players. Ancic could not have played any better than he did today, he probably would have won on a faster court, but he still came away with only 7 games. Some people on here seem to think Coria's just going to knock balls back defensively to Federer and allow him to smack big forehands all over the place, but as you know Coria's game has plenty of offence in it too and Federer will have to work hard for his points, much harder than he has up to this stage.

It wasn't the most convincing performance from him today, if it hadn't been for Robredo being massively fazed by the stature of the man across the net and missing a simple volley on top of the net on breakpoint, Federer would have failed to serve out a match for the third time in as many tournaments. His first serve completely disappeared in those last two service games, too many double faults as well; it's true when you play most top players, but especially against Coria the need for good serving is paramount. I'm looking forward to the clash to see if either man changes anything up from the last time they played, but I wouldn't be quite as presumptuous as to say that the winner of this automatically wins the tournament. Federer, at least, has the last man to defeat him waiting in the other half.

KFB
05-13-2005, 12:02 AM
I want Coria to win this game, but Coria is tired, 10 matches (including 1 which lasted more than 5 hours) in 11 days, it's just too much, so I think Federer has more chances to win. I'm not saying that Federer wouldn't beat Coria anyway but the fact that Coria must be really tired right now should make it easier for Roger. Anyway, good luck Guille.

Fedex
05-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Federer

mitalidas
05-13-2005, 02:16 AM
Federer, at least, has the last man to defeat him waiting in the other half.

You mean, might be waiting
I believe he still has to win his match to be the opponent of Federer/Coria

Sjengster
05-13-2005, 02:19 AM
That's what I meant - waiting to get to Federer to have another crack at him. ;) It's hard to pick the finalist from that half actually, I'm fairly confident it won't be Rochus but look what he's done already!

mitalidas
05-13-2005, 02:25 AM
this is just another one of those tournaments where sadly the discrepancy between the best player in one half and the other half is enormous

What time does the QF begin tomorrow? Anyone?

mitalidas
05-13-2005, 02:52 AM
seems like Coria is not optimistic

Coria curses his luck
By Bill Barclay

HAMBURG, Germany, May 12 (Reuters) - Guillermo Coria's luck is definitely out.

Beaten in the last two Masters Series claycourt finals by Rafael Nadal, the Argentine might have hoped it would be third time lucky in Hamburg when the Spanish teenager pulled out of the event with a blistered hand.

An unfortunate draw, however, means he must defeat world number one Roger Federer in the quarter-finals at the Rothenbaum on Friday if he is to end his losing streak.

Federer also beat Coria in the Hamburg Masters final last year - surprisingly their only previous meeting -- and the Argentine admitted: "It will be difficult. It's going to be similar to how it was against Nadal. I have to take one point at a time.

"They both play complete tennis and I am going to have to be at my very best to win."

The 23-year-old clay specialist, who will be a big threat at the French Open which starts on May 23, is in danger of being known as a perpetual runner-up.

He also lost in the final at Roland Garros last year and those two defeats by Nadal in Monte Carlo and Rome would have deflated lesser men.

Coria, though, said the defeat in Rome on Sunday, when he lost a five-set, five-and-a-quarter-hour marathon, had been a source of inspiration after a difficult 2004 in which he spent three months recovering from shoulder surgery.

"I'm very happy to have got back the confidence that I had lost," said the 10th seed after his 6-4 6-3 third round win over Croatian Mario Ancic on Thursday.

"The final in Rome has given me a lot of confidence. Even though I lost, I played some great tennis. It was a key match.

"I was out of the game for three months. I did a lot of physical work and in the long matches that really helps with your frame of mind.

"This tournament was very important for me to see how I was physically, and it's good to be playing all these matches."

Coria, who will be seeking his first grand slam title at Roland Garros, will be the first player to reach the final of all three Masters Series claycourt events in one season if he makes the Hamburg final.

bad gambler
05-13-2005, 03:29 AM
coria in 3

WyveN
05-13-2005, 04:18 AM
the fact that Coria must be really tired right now should make it easier for Roger.

How is it a fact when there has been no evidence at all that Coria is tired from the matches he has played this week?
Some of the defense chasing he was doing in the Ancic match was incredible.

Federerhingis
05-13-2005, 04:34 AM

Yes her spanish isnt bad at all, I can attest to it, its just a few grammatical blips here and there, like who doesnt commit them any ways. I would try to post at the french forum but my written french is just as bad as my spoken chinese is, that pretty much sums it up. I do understand it very well however.

Nonetheless, I do think its rude to offend people just because they fail to make good sense when trying to make an effort at a language which is not inherently native to them.

But I guess that person already explained his outburst, so its understandable from his point of view.

BlackSilver
05-13-2005, 05:20 AM
I will take a huge risk and go with Coria in three. I belive that a essential factor will be if Coria can return Federer's serve way better than he did last year, like I believe that he can do

tennischick
05-13-2005, 07:50 AM

gracias mi amigo :kiss:

tennischick
05-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Yes her spanish isnt bad at all, I can attest to it, its just a few grammatical blips here and there, like who doesnt commit them any ways..
so sweet of you. thanks! :kiss:

now i'm off to bed :wavey:

Levo.
05-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Plz Coria :Sad:

Dekadencja
05-13-2005, 09:48 AM
FED 2-0

Coria out!

JeLuliA88
05-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Too close to call.. maybe coria if he isn't too tired.

Rogiman
05-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Either way I don't think this will be won in straight sets.

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Federer definately! two sets

Action Jackson
05-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Dont you think, last years two finalists meeting in this years quarter final, by the way they've been the winners of the tournie for the past 3 years, Fed in 02, Coria in 03, Fed in 04. Too bad they had to meet this early, its really a tough match to call, Coria is still Coria on clay and I am sure Fed wants to win just as much and he knows he can beat him, last years final comes to mind.

No, not at all. It's just this draw happened and for whoever loses this match will conveniently use the draw as an excuse that is the problem.

As I said before the best player on the day will win and will deserve it.

makro120
05-13-2005, 11:43 AM
As I said before the best player on the day will win and will deserve it.

I agree with you, at last. :)

mitalidas
05-13-2005, 02:46 PM
shame on me!!!!
Roger def. Guille 6-4 7-6

I voted he'd win it in 3

Rogiman
05-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Either way I don't think this will be won in straight sets.

Wrong, as usual... :o

nermo
05-13-2005, 03:33 PM
I suggest a new thread title:

Coria vs.Federer..it doesnot get any Bitterer...Roger ll always win :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jorge
05-13-2005, 05:19 PM
The best player will win. Do I need to say who's the best player? OK! Roger will kick weasel's mini-ass! :yeah:
Yep, The BEST player have won in straight sets :banana: (BTW I voted "Roger in 3" ;) )