Five
05-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Kolya :hug: :smooch:

Exodus
05-12-2005, 01:07 PM
way to go Davy u took revenge for yr little brother Safin

oxy
05-12-2005, 01:09 PM
kudos davy for getting the revenge...bet baby marat must be smiling now!!!

User id 7816
05-12-2005, 01:13 PM
frankly, that's probably the most shocking result to me this year :( (whats with the tiredness excuse, how can some people play whole last week and keep winning and JC plays 4 matches and is tired? no ways!) bufffff JC!! :bigcry:

hablovah19
05-12-2005, 01:21 PM
good stuff, davydenko!!!! bravo!! :clap2:

richard gasquet
05-12-2005, 01:40 PM
JCF :confused:

OnTheLine
05-12-2005, 01:48 PM
I saw most of it and I didn't think JCF looked tired - he just got outplayed from the baseline by somebody hitting more accurately and effectively than him on the day. The only thing that puzzled me a little was that JCF didn't appear to try and change the game when he started losing; thought he might mix it up a bit, throw in some junk, anything to try and break the rhythm that Davydenko was obviously enjoying, but no.

Anyway, congratulations to Davydenko. I though that was a well-earned win.

onewoman74
05-12-2005, 01:50 PM
How da hell did Davydenko kick JC's ass? I'm at a loss for words...he was so focused yesterday...makes no sense.

Deivid23
05-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Kolya played out of his mind in 2nd and 3rd set. Props to him

Deivid23
05-12-2005, 01:56 PM
How da hell did Davydenko kick JC's ass? I'm at a loss for words...he was so focused yesterday...makes no sense.

Since losing 1st set he played a brilliant next 10 games, 19 winners, 2 ue, enough said.

onewoman74
05-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Since losing 1st set he played a brilliant next 10 games, 19 winners, 2 ue, enough said.

there's my answer...thanks

Corinna
05-12-2005, 02:01 PM
juanqui :sad:

congrats to davy :worship:

star
05-12-2005, 02:02 PM
:sad:

WyveN
05-12-2005, 02:07 PM
The only thing that puzzled me a little was that JCF didn't appear to try and change the game when he started losing

Ferrero isnt known for having a plan B when plan A isnt working.

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 02:14 PM

Thanks that seems to remind of his performance in the AO against Caņas when he couldn't do a thing wrong.

lilly
05-12-2005, 02:17 PM
so what's JCF RG seeding status now?????

Bibir
05-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Now Ferrero and Safin can share a beer in Paris. :)

connectolove
05-12-2005, 02:31 PM
JCF must be very vulnerable and more tired that he wants to admit. This is sad.

joske
05-12-2005, 02:35 PM
:tears: :sad: :crying2: :sobbing:

Five
05-12-2005, 02:39 PM
:devil:
Николай Давыденко переиграл обидчика Марата Сафина

РИА "Новости". 16:18:15

Россиянин Николай Давыденко переиграл обидчика Марата Сафина на теннисном турнире серии "Мастерс" в Гамбурге. Сегодня Давыденко, посеянный под 15-м номером, переиграл Хуана Карлоса Ферреро, пробившегося в основную сетку соревнований через квалификацию. Счет поединка - 3:6, 6:2, 6:1 в пользу представителя России. Накануне в рамках второго круга Ферреро выиграл у Марата Сафина со счетом 4:6, 6:4, 6:2.

Christina
05-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Well done Nikolay! :D

Art&Soul
05-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Its not suprised at all to me, JCF played just an average level in the match with Safin and he was kicked out today not really socking

mitalidas
05-12-2005, 03:13 PM
poor JC
Just yesterday he felt he could "beat anybody"

Billy Moonshine
05-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Davydenko! He is proving to be a consistent force on the tour. I hope he can keep it up and shock a few more players. I like tennis shocks!

Turkeyballs Paco
05-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh crap! and I thought he would be doing so well! Better luck at RG!

mandoura
05-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Maybe Juanqui loses concentration when he wins the first set.

:rolleyes: :confused:

tennischick
05-12-2005, 03:42 PM
frankly, that's probably the most shocking result to me this year :( (whats with the tiredness excuse, how can some people play whole last week and keep winning and JC plays 4 matches and is tired? no ways!) bufffff JC!! :bigcry:
this is not a new problem for him. he has always been like this unfortunately. the effort it took to beat an angry Safin was just too much for the boy -- he's wasted now. :tape:

NATAS81
05-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Pathetic, you can blame some of it on QF matches and Ferrero ran outta gas.

But, credit Davydenko 2 UE as informed by Deivid. That's hard to beat.

JCF, still though isn't the player he once was and I'm saying R16 at the best for him @ RG.

This match was crazy to follow on scoreboard, 0-40 games everywhere!

roisin
05-12-2005, 04:43 PM
:sobbing:
man i was so sure jc would win this one!

:(

Deboogle!.
05-12-2005, 06:05 PM
holy crap, they're showing this again right now (I was still sleeping when it happened live).... Davydenko was hitting the frigging CRAP out of the ball and just making NO mistakes. JCF couldn't do a darn thing lol. My gosh, if he could play like this all the time he'd be a constant fixture in the top 10!

savesthedizzle
05-12-2005, 06:10 PM
holy crap, they're showing this again right now (I was still sleeping when it happened live).... Davydenko was hitting the frigging CRAP out of the ball and just making NO mistakes. JCF couldn't do a darn thing lol. My gosh, if he could play like this all the time he'd be a constant fixture in the top 10!

Yeah, I'm watching it now too, lol. I didn't think the Tennis Channel was going to show it and then it just came out of nowhere on my screen.

alfonsojose
05-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Davydenko :drool:

JuanChuffy007
05-12-2005, 06:15 PM
damn :sad: :sad:

Deboogle!.
05-12-2005, 06:15 PM
This is almost funny - the commentators are absolutely dumbfounded!

Francine
05-12-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm quite happy to hear that it wasn't a breakdown from JC's side.

Deboogle!.
05-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm quite happy to hear that it wasn't a breakdown from JC's side.oh no, definitely not. In fact the commentators are giving him credit for not getting too frustrated and not down on himself considering there wasn't much he could do. And most of his errors were forced - Davydenko was just killing the crap out of the ball and forcing JCF to make mistakes.

alfonsojose
05-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Davydenko's physique is not the strongest, and serve and forehand can improve. But that backhand :bowdown: . If he gambled i'd say "Yevgeny little bro" :eek: :), although Yevgeny :sad: served better

NATAS81
05-12-2005, 06:28 PM
oh no, definitely not. In fact the commentators are giving him credit for not getting too frustrated and not down on himself considering there wasn't much he could do. And most of his errors were forced - Davydenko was just killing the crap out of the ball and forcing JCF to make mistakes.
Could Davydenko be reaching his prime?

Francine
oh no, definitely not. In fact the commentators are giving him credit for not getting too frustrated and not down on himself considering there wasn't much he could do. And most of his errors were forced - Davydenko was just killing the crap out of the ball and forcing JCF to make mistakes.

Good :) Wonder what Davy drank during the changeover after the 1st set ;)

Too bad Juanqui had to run into him in such an important match.

TennisLurker
yevgeny was taller, and didnt have a very good serve for someone of his height.

Alfonso? you find davydenko hot?

He looks like someone who is balding because of malnourishment

roisin
05-12-2005, 06:29 PM
well i s'pose that makes this loss a wee bit more bearable. :sad:

Deboogle!.
05-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Could Davydenko be reaching his prime?Who knows? The commentators said they'd never seen such hitting and shotmaking, I mean it really was NUTS! They specifically made mention that JCF wasn't playing badly and that he was in fact playing OK. He was getting a lot of balls back and defending well and not missing easy balls or anything. You look at that scoreline and think oh he must've fallen apart, but he really didn't! :eek:

alfonsojose
05-12-2005, 06:31 PM
yevgeny was taller, and didnt have a very good serve for someone of his height.

Alfonso? you find davydenko hot?

He looks like someone who is balding because of malnourishment
:o I'd prefer "He looks like a little kid needed of affection and milk" . I can give him both :devil:

Seriously, he looks like a really down-to-earth nice guy, plus a good two-handed backhand, that turns me on :drool:

alfonsojose
05-12-2005, 06:34 PM
:o I'd prefer "He looks like a little kid needed of affection and milk" . I can give him both :devil:

That sounded so "Michael Jackson", didn't it :o :ignore:

NATAS81
05-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Who knows? The commentators said they'd never seen such hitting and shotmaking, I mean it really was NUTS! They specifically made mention that JCF wasn't playing badly and that he was in fact playing OK. He was getting a lot of balls back and defending well and not missing easy balls or anything. You look at that scoreline and think oh he must've fallen apart, but he really didn't! :eek:
Yeah, it had to have been either Ferrero wearing down from qualies or Davydenko playing outta his mind. Thanks for the highlights. lol.. I'm unfortunately without TTC, waiting for DirectTV to include it into their sports pack... :drool:

This makes me feel better anyway for picking JCF.

sonia
05-12-2005, 06:38 PM
poor Juanqui :hug: :sad:

buddyholly
05-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Davydenko :drool:

I think you are about to show Rainer the door. :(

alfonsojose
05-12-2005, 07:23 PM
I think you are about to show Rainer the door. :(
Time to jinx someone else :devil: . Since i joined MTF in Dec. 2003, Rainer hasn't been the same :shrug: :tears:

.. mmm ... Maybe i should say "Coria is hot" :drool: :devil:

Scotso
05-12-2005, 09:49 PM
:banghead:

Chloe le Bopper
05-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Oh well. Davydenko is pretty good ;)

Jennay
05-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Buena suerte en Roland Garros, Juanqui! :hug:

Deivid23
05-12-2005, 11:02 PM
I think it was at the end of the 2nd set when JCF (he was being blown off court by Kolya and was a bit pissed off about that fact) started an arguing with the umpire for the ridiculous issue that ump was looking at him. I heard him saying sth like: "Donīt fuck with me, what are you looking at? Why are you looking at me?" I barely heard it but I think ump answered sth like: "I was not looking for any special reason, but I have to look somewhere". JFC :rolleyes:

JCF, Iīm sinceresly glad you didnīt get that RG seed, hopefully you meet Federer in 1st round.

Rogiman
05-12-2005, 11:21 PM
JCF, Iīm sinceresly glad you didnīt get that RG seed, hopefully you meet Federer in 1st round.

Well, you need to consult with me before making this kind of wishes :scared:

Armada~121
05-13-2005, 04:01 AM
This is almost funny - the commentators are absolutely dumbfounded!

I know! My commentators were apparently behind JC coz they said they wanna see once-top player coming back to their prime real fast...and then in the second set, Davydenko started hitting winners everywhere and they were like "oh my goodness. He's done it AGAIN!!!" which was like...every two minutes. And they said Davy's was the best tennis they have seen this week from any player. Well, first when I heard the score, I thought JC was choking his lead away. But from watching the match myself, I thought "it would be CRAZY if Davy didn't win this match playing like this."

Like everyone here who has watched the match said, I don't think it's becuz of tireness or anything. There is nothing JC could do much. Davy was just superb beyond words and if he keeps playing like this ... he is definitely an outside chance for RG.

Booshie
05-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Thanks to all for the detailed reports.:hug:

It's still disappointing, but what can you do? Good luck for Roland Garros JC. :)

hablovah19
05-13-2005, 07:55 AM
I think it was at the end of the 2nd set when JCF (he was being blown off court by Kolya and was a bit pissed off about that fact) started an arguing with the umpire for the ridiculous issue that ump was looking at him. I heard him saying sth like: "Donīt fuck with me, what are you looking at? Why are you looking at me?" I barely heard it but I think ump answered sth like: "I was not looking for any special reason, but I have to look somewhere". JFC :rolleyes:

:eek: So JCF is no angel either, eh?? :shrug: :haha:

dang. I had no idea!!!!! :lol:

(marat :hug: :angel: )

MariaV
05-13-2005, 08:22 AM

I heard that bit too. Well, JCF mumbled in Spanish and then the ump looked at him 'too intensively' I guess. And JC got even more pissed. :hug: Look what Marat did to sweet JC, now every ump is thinking he is a villain and getting coaching or whatever.
BTW, the Russian commentator said that if it was Marat facing Kolya with that score in the 3rd Marat wouldn't have any rackets left. :devil: JC was actually very contained while Kolya was really playing out of his mind as the others have reported here already.
And hello to George, it reminded me of the Canas match at the AO too. :wavey: Although the commentator suggested Kolya was playing the best tennis of his life. That was a bit exaggerated, the matches vs Canas and Henman at the AO I saw impressed me a lot. And I'm sure he's played other as great matches.

Ferrero Forever
05-13-2005, 10:20 AM

it's hard to believe JC did that, he was probably really frustrated. I hope he does play Federer in the first round and wins, to show he's on fire. But since I like Federer, we should save that matchup until later on in the tourney.

Puschkin
05-13-2005, 10:26 AM
I hope he does play Federer in the first round and wins, to show he's on fire. But since I like Federer, we should save that matchup until later on in the tourney.

I am not sure if this is a first round to wish for ;) , I also like them both and and I want them to met no earlier than SF because I have tickets :)