5 picks for the Australian Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

5 picks for the Australian Open

moni
01-10-2003, 12:07 PM
Hi Tennisfans!
Tell me please 5 tennisplayes who will go far at the Australian Open. And why you "think" they will do well.
Is it
FERRERO
AGASSI
MOYA
SRICHAPHAN
GROSJEAN

what is about
NOVAK
SAFIN
GONZALEZ
RODDICK
BLAKE

claudine140
01-10-2003, 12:33 PM
I hope following players will play in the second week
1. Moya
2. Roddick
3. Safin
4. Agassi
5. ....

Chloe le Bopper
01-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Agassi - he hasn't lost there since 1999

Hewitt - sure his record isn't great, but his record at Wimbledon wasn't great either

Moya - sure he lost to Fish in the warmup, but he's been to the final before, and overall has a good record here

Novak - he has a lot on the line here, is playing well atm, and can trouble any top player on any given day (granted I doubt he'll win, but do think that the above three might)

Ferrero - One may call this wishful thinking. But after examining his form and his draw, one has to like what they see.

Chloe le Bopper
01-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Oh, and perhaps guga can get past his second round jitters and give hewitt a hell of a match.

Lindsayfan
01-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Hewitt
Agassi
Safin
Ferrero
Moya

Beulah
01-10-2003, 09:59 PM
Hewitt - He's #1, silly.

Agassi - Rebound ace agrees with him. Plus he's my fave player.

Moya - Hopefully the great player in him will emerge this tourny. He is healthy and due for a good GS finish. He's too good not to.

Novak - A semifinalist last year. It seems like he scalped ALL the top players in the last year; he's a VERY dangerous opponent, period!

Youzhny - I think he's a different player since he clinched the DC.

:cool:

maratski
01-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Marat, assuming/hoping/praying his injury isn't too serious

Lleyton, I'm afraid he's going to make it far in the tournament, which I don't like.

Agassi, ditto

JCF, he can do it, I know it

Paradorn, have this feeling he'll do well.

I also like to see Kafelnikov, Gasquet, Arazi, el Aynaoui and Krajicek in the 2nd week, but that's impossible since some are in the same quarter of the draw.

Pea
01-10-2003, 10:24 PM
Hewitt
Safin
Agassi
Moya
Federer

Who I want to see do well:
Corretja
Federer
Youzhny
Kuerten