Live Chat [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Live Chat

David Kenzie
05-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Amanda,

Beeing as the 'Live Chat' link doesn't work, wouldn't it be nice to have and official MTF chatroom ? I am thinking of the countless times the server has gotten too busy because of the Livescores threads in the tournament forums.

I suggest we use an established worldwide Chat network such as Undernet or EFnet to create a chatroom that we could use to reduce the load on the MTF server during big matches. Not only that, but it would be much more efficient not having to refresh/change page every 2 minutes ...

wtn_amanda
05-06-2005, 03:35 PM
It's possible but we definitely wont use IRC again.

David Kenzie
05-06-2005, 04:19 PM
What about IRC with web access aswell ?
I don't know of anything better than IRC for chatting :scratch:

wtn_amanda
05-06-2005, 05:11 PM
We've tested IRC extensively in the past and found a huge percentage of users were neverable to connect. We even tried running servers on standard web ports. If we ever implement a new chat solution, it would be based around a proven technology that would be accessible to the vast majority of our users.

DimOK
05-07-2005, 03:28 PM
www.123flashchat.com/ (http://www.123flashchat.com/)

Just a suggestion...

gravity
05-17-2005, 11:43 PM
We have already chosen a nice chat system that should be compatible with the vast majority of web browsers. It's just a question of us getting around to integrating this into WTAworld and MensTennisForums. You'll possibly see this in July.