Tennis Video Games [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tennis Video Games

Richie_Roddick
04-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi

Which is the best tennis game and for which platform??

I have Sega Sports Tennis for PS2 and is relly cool but its from 2001 and the players are "not so actual" and it starts getting a little boring. I was searching and found the Smash: Court Tennis: Pro Tournament 2 and I think is very good, the best part is that Andy is included in that game! My problem is that my PS2 fell down and I have to fix it but is a little expensive, so I don't know to pay for it or to buy an XBox, what do u think??

Are better tennis game available for XBox than for PS2? Is the Top Spin better the Smash: Court Tennis: Pro Tournament 2?

Here is the trailer for it: http://progressive.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aolgames/gamespot/ps2/sports/smashcourttennisprotournament2/smshcrt2_tr519_qt_dl.mov

Richie_Roddick
04-27-2005, 04:21 PM
How can I delete this thread?? I don't know why it duplicated

Havok
04-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 EASILY trumps Top Spin. SCTPT2 is very real, and has all the shots in the book. There's actually a difference when you hit with topspin and flat, and it forces you to time your shots perfectly to beat your opponents, just like in real life. Top Spin is more of an arcade like game, so I would suggest to go and fix your PS2 and buy SCTPT2, and besides PS2 has way better games!:p

roisin
04-27-2005, 10:20 PM
smash court pro tennis tournament 2 rocks :rocker2: its the only tennis game i have so i enjoy it! :crazy: the players actions are really lifelike ;)

PinkFeatherBoa
04-27-2005, 10:22 PM
I agree with Naldo, have experienced both (though limited time on Top Spin- because I don't own an X-Box), but Smash Court Tennis is just so much more realistic! Besides X-Boxes are lame :p, you will get much more enjoyment/good games on the PS2. If the repairs are looking like costing a lot, you could always replace your PS2, the retail price has dropped a lot, so it's quite inexpensive to buy now ( similar cost to the X-Box anyway!).