Jérôme Haehnel [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Jérôme Haehnel

makefofolina
04-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Hello everybody, in case you didn't know it yet, Jérôme Haehnel's French site has been opened for a while, if you want to follow his results and to talk about our tennisman, come and join us on www.jhaehnel.com

(if the link's broken please come on http://jhaehnel.free.fr/V1/PHPNUKE75FR/html/index.php)

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/4667/sanstitre27di.jpg (www.jhaehnel.com)

Eric68
06-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Very nice Site, lot of infos, pictures and updated daily...

Good job girls

WinterDreams
06-27-2005, 01:27 AM
Hello everybody, in case you didn't know it yet, Jérôme Haehnel's French site has been opened for a while, if you want to follow his results and to talk about our tennisman, come and join us on www.jhaehnel.com

(if the link's broken please come on http://jhaehnel.free.fr/V1/PHPNUKE75FR/html/index.php)

Hi Marina :wavey:
Thanks a lot for your wonderful pics from 's-Hertogenbosch at the Tommy's forum. They are really great!!! I love them very much. :hearts:
I found 3 old pics of Jerome from Stuttgart 2004.
Of course you can use them without credit for your site, if you would like. ;)

makefofolina
06-27-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm happy to see that you like Tommy's pics from S-Herto (attendez j'essaye d'étaler mon pauvre anglais au maximum :rolleyes: ) :) :) . Thank you very much for the Jerome's pics,I have add them to the website (http://www.jhaehnel.com) :worship:

marineseb37
06-27-2005, 07:55 PM
It's a formidable player, very simple and very frindly with his fan.Thanks to him, now i'm interested of advantage in Challengers
désolée pour mon anglais catastrophique! mais bon en clair! JEROME THE BEST! :)

Papakori
07-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Good luck Jerome!

Papakori
07-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Happy Birthday to Jerome a few days ago,

Today in StuttGART, Jérome lost to Alexander Waske 5-7 2-6 :sad:

delsa
08-23-2005, 02:19 PM
I read Jérôme got married recently with a girl named Aurelle Sautet. I didn't even know he was engaged. Congratulations! :yeah: I didn't know his coach was his ex-fiancée/new wife too!... :eek: We know who's the boss in the Haehnels' home, now. :devil:
It looks as if Julien Benneteau was the best man (he's the only one from all the other tennis players invited to wear a flower on his suit like Haehnel...)! :haha:
On Monday he lost in the final of the Cordenons Challenger in Italy. Too bad but he had a great run. Congrats again to him and his few fans! ;)

Edit: Scans of the said article plus an ad with him (didn't know he endorsed Inesis either...i should keep myself up to date more...).

makefofolina
08-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Jérôme will play this afternoon his compatriot David Guez at Geneva Challenger.
Come on Jerome !!!!!!!!!!! :rocker2:

silverwhite
08-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Wow, that's unusual! I don't mean to stereotype, but I've never heard of a male pro having a female coach.

delsa
08-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Wow, that's unusual! I don't mean to stereotype, but I've never heard of a male pro having a female coach.
Yeah! That's what i thought learning this. Pretty unusual. I don't think it changes anything, and normally there shouldn't be any problems. I think a woman can coach a man as men coaches women etc... As long as both person agree to see themselves respectively as coach and player, just focus on the fonction. Sex doesn't matter at all if this is clear for everybody. I'm actually surprised there are not more male (and female that's even more surprising...) players coached by women as you can often see it in other sports.
But the problem with Haehnel and his coach is that's she's also his wife. One of the unofficial "rules" that allow a good coach/coached relationship to be (as said by coaches in an article i scanned and posted recently that i should begin to translate... :o hum...It's like "don't be nor their "guru", nor their "doggy", nor their "nanny", nor their (too close) "friend" "... ) if not many of them are broken because of this.
That's like in any work. It's often hard to work around someone from your family even more if it's someone very close as a wife or an husband. And when it's about learning stuff it's almost impossible. Not like businesses where it's often a family affair without any problem because in this case there's all the advantages of what family relationships can bring like easing the creation of a team spirit in the group, easing team work, being able to work late hours because your family understand the situation, children being in touch with the field since they were born through their parents' experience so being very competent and efficient etc...whatever...without that many disadvantages. There's the Mirka Wavrinek/ Federer exemple to show it can work in tennis too with her managing his carreer, all his affairs etc...
But as it's unbearable in the long term when one of your parents is one of your teacher for exemple (i know someone who was in this situation when he was younger and hated it...), i don't think this will work. I believe they'll have to stop one of the aspects of their relationship (i hope for them she'll only stop coaching him and not the other option...) or it's going to get hard to deal with (almost schizophrenic...) and not because she's a female coach but because she happens to be too close to him.
It's like players being coached by their father or brother etc...with it being even harder to deal with (your father or brother doesn't live with you...). That doesn't work for long generally (there are still the cases of Paradorn Srichaphan but he changed from his father to his brother to coach him, Davydenko with his brother Eduard, a lot of female players like Sharapova and Yuri Sharapov, Marion Bartoli and her father Walter, Emilie Loit is coached by her husband too plus many other exemples in the present and the past...but those kind of collaborations are bound to stop after only a few years as it has often been seen already...).
Maybe they'll proove me wrong and manage to separate very stricly their family relationship from their professional relationship and manage to get only good things out of this collaboration for years and years. But i think it will only be a fantastic experience for a few years that will make both of them progress and learn a lot but that it won't work in the long term. Maybe it will work perfectly and they'll start a new trend in tennis, who knows? ;)

:o :rolleyes: I'm too talkative...And as always when i make a giant post: sorry if there is any mistake...

Papakori
08-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Congratulations Jerome and thankyou for the scans Delsa :D

I love the inesis advert

makefofolina
08-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Jerome def David Guez 2/6 7/5 6/4.
Tomorrow he'll play Carlos Cuadrado (spain) at Geneva Challenger.
ALLLEZ JEROMMME :yeah:

marineseb37
08-24-2005, 10:54 PM
:worship: Jeromeeee!!!

Good luck for the rest of competition

kukka
09-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the article and ad scans, delsa! :D Jérôme looks gorgeous! ;)

Elina :umbrella:

delsa
10-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Here's what ex-pro player and co-organizer of the Open de Moselle, Julien Boutter had to say about the Heahnel scandal (Jérôme was the title holder but was refused a WC..., the tourny is held in his region, in his own country on top of that...).
Not really convincing.

*julie*
10-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Not really convincing.
Clearly pathetic. And he needs to quote other players to justify his choice... :rolleyes:

SwissMister1
10-14-2005, 03:55 AM
Delsa, I just read what you wrote about Jerome's coach/wife, very interesting. I have seen pictures of her, she is quite pretty...

On a side note, "makefofolina" might be the best user name on this site. :)

makefofolina
10-14-2005, 12:35 PM
On a side note, "makefofolina" might be the best user name on this site. :) Oooh Thank you:worship:

Bon désolé les gens , mais je vais parler en français lol . Merci Delsa pour ton article , je suis complètement sur le cul (pardonner l'expression), après avoir lu une chose pareil .........ça me déçoit fortement que Julien Boutter ai pu tenir de pareil propos (puis soit dit en passant , c'est plutôt lâche de s'appuyer sur le témoignage des potes).
Plutôt que de chercher des excuses bidons , il aurait tout simplement pu dire qu'un "Jerome Haehnel" n'amène pas autant de foule qu'un "Mark Philippoussis"
Et c'est vrai que Jérôme n'était pas en forme , apres tout il n'a fait "qu'une" demi-finale qu'il a perdu face au futur vainqueur du tournoi à Mons en Belgique..........
Lamentable...il n'y a pas d'autres mots..

*julie*
10-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Oooh Thank you:worship:

Plutôt que de chercher des excuses bidons , il aurait tout simplement pu dire qu'un "Jerome Haehnel" n'amène pas autant de foule qu'un "Mark Philippoussis"

C'est clair mais bon, c'est pas ce qui me choque le plus. Il a quand même filé une WC à Thierry Ascione qui doit avoir moins de supporters que Haenel en Moselle et qui n'avait pas gagné le tournoi l'an dernier... :rolleyes:
Moi, je pense qu'il a vraiment une dent contre Haenel! :(

makefofolina
11-13-2005, 07:38 PM
hi everybody!
do you remember Jerome ? oh my god I hope so!
345 pictures are now online. I invite you to have a look on www.jhaehnel.com and to take part in the forum by leaving encouragement messages, in French, English, Spanish,German,Russian or even Japanese (he will sort it out :rolls: )
We hope to see you soon on www.jhaehnel.com .
Have a nice evening!
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7751/jhaehnelmini4gy.jpg (http://www.jhaehnel.com)

Kristen
02-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Besancon Challenger (from their website)
http://www.tmi.fft.fr/atp.besancon/photos/2006/mercredi22/images/IMG_3318.jpg

Xavidbz
04-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Poor Haehnel, he isn't doing a great year. He only played one ATP match in Marseille and he losts. At the moment, the best result in 2006 are the quarterfinals in the Challenger of Bergamo in Italy. Good luck Jérôme.

¡ALLEZ JÉRÔME HAEHNEL!

makefofolina
04-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Yes,for the moment this season is difficult for him...But next week he will play at Chiasso Challenger and I have no doubt about the evolution of his results;)

kukka
08-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Congrats to Jérôme for winning the Genève challenger last week! :woohoo: Nice to see him winning several matches back-to-back again. :clap2:

A pic from the tourney site:

http://www.genevachallenger.ch/images/photos%20galerie06/Haehnel'J%20(F)%2011%20-%20portrait.jpg

willrock
12-28-2006, 05:12 PM
La Hopman Cup avec Tati :aplot:
He'd better support her because I can't see him being any help for Tati to win :p
I'm a desperate Tati fan ya know :D
Good luck to the hot team. Hopefully the Australian sunshine will help them.

silverwhite
12-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Hopefully the Australian sunshine will help them.

Isn't the Hopman Cup played indoors? :p :lol:

willrock
12-29-2006, 09:41 PM
I just have no idea :lol:

silverwhite
12-30-2006, 09:53 AM
It is :p

LilyRoseAva
12-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Jerome Haehnel
Steve Robilliard (Interviwer)

Well ladies and gentlemen will you join me in thanking Jerome and Mardy for a terrific match here. 2 hours worth. Jerome, this is a big win for you.
(Haehnel) Yes it’s a big win. I really didn’t expect to come and really didn’t expect to win so it is very cool for me today.

Where were you when the tournament organisers asked you to join the Hopman Cup?

(Haehnel) I was going on holiday.

I understand you don’t enjoy flying by plane. So was it a tough decision to come?

(Haehnel) Yes it was, but I came for my country.

I think you have given Tatiana a lot of pleasure out of that victory because you have won the tie against the fourth seeds. Tell us a little bit about this match. What did you think about playing Mardy? It was along and difficult game.

(Haehnel) I think he made some mistakes. He didn’t play his best match. I was quite relaxed. It was a very, very good match.

For both of you, your first serve was down a little bit. Did you find it difficult serving tonight?

(Haehnel) I made many double faults I think. It was really strange.

Well congratulations on a great win. You have got France a win on the board. Mixed doubles what is your experience with that?

(Haehnel) No experience.

You’re about to get some

(Haehnel) We are going to try.

Congratulations. Well done Jerome.

http://www.hopmancup.com.au/default.aspx?id=713&NewsId=131

silverwhite
12-30-2006, 07:12 PM
What an upset! :eek: :worship:

Too bad they'll only show part of it here two days later. :help:

willrock
12-31-2006, 12:12 PM
:worship:
Well done guy :yeah:

kukka
01-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Well done Jérôme, and good luck for the matches against Aussies today!!! :D

delsa
01-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Soooo... Did he actually take the plane to go to Australia and play the Hopman Cup? Was he compelled to?

:tape:

~EMiLiTA~
01-08-2007, 08:19 AM
hi guys, here are some screencaps of jerome that i took from the hopman cup

Eric68
01-25-2007, 05:11 PM
www.jhaehnel.com is still alive... it has been updated few days and should be update more frequently!!

Nice Job Marina!

kukka
02-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Jérôme won the doubles title at Bergamo challenger last week with Jean-René Lisnard. Congrats! :clap2:

Elina

~EMiLiTA~
02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
yes i saw that...good on them!

makefofolina
02-13-2007, 07:19 PM
©Olmesport
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6457/finalevainqueursxu5.jpg

delsa
02-17-2007, 02:17 PM
From Aloïs Beust's page, a few pics from tours in South America, North Africa, some training camps etc... with several players (Thierry Ascione, Jérôme Haehnel, Olivier Ramos, Olivier Patience, Éric Prodon, Jean-Christophe Faurel etc...)

http://alois.beust.googlepages.com/tournoisdivers

kukka
03-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Jérôme had a good week at the Cherbourg challenger. He qualified to the main draw and made it all the way to the final but then lost the Federico Luzzi. But anyway, as I said, a good week for him. :)

Elina

kukka
05-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Congratulations to Jérôme and Jean-René Lisnard for winning the Rijeka challenger doubles last week! :worship: Jérôme has improved his doubles ranking considerably during the last year or so. :)

Elina

kukka
05-30-2007, 08:56 AM
It's a pity that Jérôme lost already in the first round. But it was nice that he qualified to the main draw and Verdasco is not that easy opponent on clay. :rolleyes:

Good luck for Jérôme in doubles with Alexandre! :D

Elina

kukka
10-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Jérôme made it through the qualifying in Basel! :woohoo:
Now he faces 2nd seeded Fernando González in the first round. Allez Jérôme!!! :clap2:

Ome
10-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Good luck, Jérôme...

At least give Gonzo a hard time :yeah: :lol:

kukka
10-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Well, that was not so easy match for Gonzo but he defeated Jérôme anyway in two tight sets. :rolleyes:

Elina

kukka
10-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Jérôme unfortunately lost in Paris Masters qualies first round to Janko Tipsarevic in the third set tiebreak... :sad:

Nathaliia
02-20-2008, 01:31 PM
I decided to bump this forgotten thread, because I am watching Jerome this week on stream and he plays really well in Besancon.

KathyK
05-11-2008, 10:49 AM
No challengers, no futures, any news from Jerome? Will he play Roland Garros? :confused:

au_sports_opinion
12-22-2008, 02:19 PM
???

Ilovetheblues_86
01-31-2009, 05:32 PM
What happened to this guy?

soulage
02-13-2009, 09:24 PM
We have news about him. He's in the qualy draw of Marseille. He plays tomorrow against Ludovic Walter