Prize money already going downhill ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Prize money already going downhill ?

KarstenBraasch#1
07-22-2002, 01:36 AM
This week I noticed that the prize-money for the tournament in Stuttgart has been decreasing from 1 million to 800.000 and now only 500.000 $. And it was similar for the tournament in Munich.

Question: Is the ATP generally lowering the prize-money right now ? Or have these tournaments just been down-graded ?

I'm asking this because there have been rumours that prize-money for the Masters Series events is supposed to decrease 30 % and I thought this might have something to do with that.

ys
07-22-2002, 02:20 AM
I've heard that S-Peterbourg tournament increased their prizemoney from $800K to $1M. So, it is not only downhill, apparently..

TheBoiledEgg
07-22-2002, 03:49 AM
some tourns have been downgraded due to money difficulties

Kitzbuhel is now on a par with Barcelona as the biggest ATP event outside the Masters.

Some tourns going up, others down.

Masters tourns are in trouble......... doubles which has prizemoney of $500K could be axed.

Noticed more German events in trouble than elsewhere.

Halle was also downgraded a little
winner always got 50 pts, this yr only 45.

KarstenBraasch#1
07-22-2002, 12:33 PM
Thanks, Eggy.

Really seems to be a German thing. Wouldn't be surprised if more tournaments are axed here soon. :(

Williams Rulez
07-22-2002, 12:48 PM
There seems to be a discussion going... prize money for the masters are under threat apparently... might go down in a few years... but only marginally I expect