Novels about TENNIS [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Novels about TENNIS

tennis4eva
04-24-2005, 05:45 PM
:D If you were going to write a novel about tennis what would the plot be like?
I personally think someone should write a good tennis mystery....full of scandal, blackmail, sex and violence :devil: It would be a good change from all the hero stories that people seem to associate with tennis. ;)
Discuss here :angel:

Kyla
04-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Hm, I've just read a thriller where the protagonist is an ex tennis professional. :D

The book's called "Overhead" and is by Jack M. Bickham (who apparently wrote some more books of this type).

tennis4eva
04-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Hm, I've just read a thriller where the protagonist is an ex tennis professional. :D

The book's called "Overhead" and is by Jack M. Bickham (who apparently wrote some more books of this type).
cool! I'll have to take a look at this book. It sounds a little bit like what I had in mind..... :cool:

Allure
04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
A hot blonde male tennis player and a female tennis player who hates each other are forced to play mix doubles together. And they get drunk one night and.... :devil: and she became pregnant. He forces her to stop playing in fear of harming the baby and she refuses (of course) so he blackmails her saying if she doesn't comply he'll tell the world about their one night stand and pregnancy. :devil:

tennis4eva
04-24-2005, 06:20 PM
;) Sounds great!
I was thinking about a player - coach relationship. The coach turns out so be an under cover drug dealer, he smuggles drugs from country to country because they travel so much. The coach gets caught and the player fires him.....The player can't tell anyone because he will be convicted of conspiracy in the drug dealing case, he has to testify in the trial(for the coach), the press makes his involvement public and his fans turn against him....so its this big long thriller/drama about how he solves his dilema....of course there would have to be a few side plots....I was thinking that maybe he would be in love with his coaches daughter.... :devil: something like that, way far out lol.

MisterQ
04-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Not a novel --- but this seems like a place where one might mention Debussy's 1913 Ballet Jeux. One of the first ballets done in street clothes rather than elaborate costumes, it is essentially a "menage a trois" revolving around a tennis match. Scandalous!!! :eek: :lol:

Nijinsky:

http://www.danceworksonline.co.uk/assets/sidesteps/nijinsky/rc011x4sml.jpg

Auscon
04-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Tennis prodigy wins Wimbledon, then shoots everyone in the crowd, blames it on the rain

havent thought about the rest of it

Sjengster
04-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Tennis prodigy wins Wimbledon, then shoots everyone in the crowd, blames it on the rain

havent thought about the rest of it

:haha:

Auscon
04-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Not a novel --- but this seems like a place where one might mention Debussy's 1913 Ballet Jeux. One of the first ballets done in street clothes rather than elaborate costumes, it is essentially a "menage a trois" revolving around a tennis match. Scandalous!!! :eek: :lol:

Nijinsky:

http://www.danceworksonline.co.uk/assets/sidesteps/nijinsky/rc011x4sml.jpg

hey, that guy's wearing Nadal's pants!

MisterQ
04-24-2005, 06:44 PM
hey, that guy's wearing Nadal's pants!

:rolls:

He was totally ahead of his time!! :hatoff: ;)

tennis4eva
04-24-2005, 06:53 PM
:haha: LMAO

Eclectic Goddess
04-24-2005, 07:13 PM
For a while now, I've had an idea for a story about a young tennis player's disfunctional relationship with his borderline-abusive coach. If I ever have time to sit down and work on it, I might be able to come up with more of a plot, but for now it's just a notion.

tennis4eva
04-24-2005, 08:43 PM
For a while now, I've had an idea for a story about a young tennis player's disfunctional relationship with his borderline-abusive coach. If I ever have time to sit down and work on it, I might be able to come up with more of a plot, but for now it's just a notion.
It would be awsome if you really did write it! ;)