Wilson nCode Six-One Tour [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wilson nCode Six-One Tour

silverwhite
04-24-2005, 05:49 AM
Hi! Anyone has this racket (Federer's racket)? I love the control it gives on the groundstrokes, but I'm having trouble serving because it's so heavy. :o

Any tips from fellow users of this racket?

ugotlobbed
04-24-2005, 05:51 AM
Hi! Anyone has this racket (Federer's racket)? I love the control it gives on the groundstrokes, but I'm having trouble serving because it's so heavy. :o

sell it if its too heavy...thats what i did with mine.....at first it was so nice....but eventually my shoulder began to hurt....if ur strong enough....and good enough....keep it i guess...gl

silverwhite
04-24-2005, 05:56 AM
The funny thing is that I'm able to hit good overheads. The problem only comes with the serve. :o

Fee
04-24-2005, 06:31 AM
not Fed's racquet (paintjob).

Lift weights until your arm is as big as Roddick's?

ugotlobbed
04-24-2005, 06:46 AM
The funny thing is that I'm able to hit good overheads. The problem only comes with the serve. :o

hahha me 2 when i had it....o man those overheads i never missed...always hard and always on the sweetspot...i think the serve is harder b/c overheads u use a more compact swing...

NATAS81
04-24-2005, 06:47 AM
Well there should be a profound sweet spot. It's the man's racquet after all.

silverwhite
04-24-2005, 06:51 AM
hahha me 2 when i had it....o man those overheads i never missed...always hard and always on the sweetspot...i think the serve is harder b/c overheads u use a more compact swing...

LOL. Maybe. ;)

I actually hit one or two good serves, one of them right down the tee. :eek: Maybe it's just a matter of practice and getting the hang of it.

switz
04-24-2005, 07:44 AM
i gave you a reply on wta world silverwhite

i don't think it is a paintjob for federer. i saw him play throughout the aus open and i was front row for the semi and it looks exactly the same shape. it definitely is not his old sampras racquet

ae wowww
04-24-2005, 12:27 PM
I'll buy it off you... The racket sold in shops is still 90 sq. inches, like Rogers, but Rogers has been customised so much it is the same as his old 6.0
I have seen it up close, and trust me.

deflori
04-24-2005, 12:32 PM
go with gasquets Instinct.....lighter but still a great racket for players: )
I love mine...

ae wowww
04-24-2005, 12:37 PM
I think the Six-One uses the black grip? It's all about leather grips :D They look and feel so good!

silverwhite
04-24-2005, 12:48 PM
go with gasquets Instinct.....lighter but still a great racket for players: )
I love mine...

I'll try it maybe when my nCode is worn. For now, I'm loving the challenge it gives me. ;)

silverwhite
04-24-2005, 12:49 PM
I think the Six-One uses the black grip? It's all about leather grips :D They look and feel so good!

The Six-One Tour's grip is orange. The Six-One Team's is black.

ae wowww
04-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Ah yeah team and tour, my bad... The orange/brown leather grips are the best :D

switz
04-24-2005, 03:14 PM
I'll buy it off you... The racket sold in shops is still 90 sq. inches, like Rogers, but Rogers has been customised so much it is the same as his old 6.0
I have seen it up close, and trust me.

yeah i know rogers has been customised but it's not a paint job because that means you've just taken the racquet they always used and put the current colours on it like gaudio has.

Paialii
04-24-2005, 03:32 PM
As far as the racquet being too heavy, I think you should start off by stretching thoroughly before playing (and getting your muscles a little looser/warmed up) and then just practice hitting serves. Don't go for the power instantly, just hit some soft serves to get warmed up. Then try going for more and see how the arm feels.

If it's causing your arm to ache, you shouldn't be using the racquet. I'm saying this assuming that in the past with other racquets you haven't had any trouble. I use the Wilson nCode n1 and I find it to be significantly lighter than my old Wilson Hammer 6.0. All the nCodes are good racquets. Whether or not they're made for you is a different story. :)

erik-the-red
04-24-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm pretty sure Roger's racquet is a paintjob.

It looks far more similar to a Prostaff Classic 6.0 than a nSix-One in ONE key aspect...

silverwhite
04-24-2005, 04:46 PM
As far as the racquet being too heavy, I think you should start off by stretching thoroughly before playing (and getting your muscles a little looser/warmed up) and then just practice hitting serves. Don't go for the power instantly, just hit some soft serves to get warmed up. Then try going for more and see how the arm feels.

If it's causing your arm to ache, you shouldn't be using the racquet. I'm saying this assuming that in the past with other racquets you haven't had any trouble. I use the Wilson nCode n1 and I find it to be significantly lighter than my old Wilson Hammer 6.0. All the nCodes are good racquets. Whether or not they're made for you is a different story. :)

Thanks! Yeah, I tend to hit my serves too hard. :o

My arms don't ache, but when I'm serving, I find it hard to control the swing because of it's weight.

Julio
07-17-2006, 01:00 PM

I used this model since maybe 2 years. I love this racquet but i think that the Pro Staff Tour 90 wich is the same model but with carbon is BETTER. Try it. It feels better on the groundstrokes. For the serve, it's really diifcult. Maybe you should try to launch ball more on forward...

GTR
07-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Err... I am 13 years old, very fit and athletic, a bit shorter than the average guy my age, not very muscular, however I do some weight training now and then. I don't see why any of you guys have trouble with it, since i have it and it works perfectly for me. By the way, I play with medium top spin shots, one handed backhand, very strong serve with good technique and very reliable spin second serves and also some pop on my volleys. I would say I'm an all court player. one more thing, i am not a federer wannabe. o.O

silverwhite
08-09-2006, 02:18 AM
Bump! I'm thinking of trying out a Head racket and would like one that is similar to this one but perhaps slightly lighter. Anyone has suggestions? :p

Neely
08-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Sorry Silverwhite, not a suggestion about the Head racket for you, but a general remark for the racket names in the topic:

I got borrowed an nCode SixOne 95 racket by a friend of mine to test it and I was shocked how heavy this model was (with no lead tapes on at all). On the frame there was written: 333 grams. I had guessed it even heavier, it must be one of the heaviest rackets available.

I had awesome control with it, especially on the volleys and serves and was surprised what a fantastic racket this was. The bad thing: after playing two hours, my wrist, forearm and shoulder ached the next day which was not usual. I thought maybe I get used to it, but I forgot about it again and thought it was not a suitable racket for me (recreational player, playing maybe once/twice a week).

bearingbreaker92
08-26-2006, 02:19 AM
I played with that raquet a tad, my friend borrowed one from a sports shop. Cant say that i like it too much, very small sweet spot and is quite heavy, but it does feel nice.

Maybe getting a raquet with a larger head and lighter may help with your serves, i broke my babolat pure drive, which is 10.3 oz, and went down to a 110sq in head that is 9 oz.

I find its alot easier to hit the serves.

rob88hock
09-03-2006, 12:54 AM
any one know where i can find a Wilson Nsix-one 95 grip 4-3/4 16x18 for under 179??not ebay tho

lordmanji
09-11-2006, 11:20 PM
i have a nsix one tour 95. it is heavy and your shots will start going into the net when you get tired. also, it is a racket where you have to create alot of your own pace. i strung mine in the average and had lotta trouble. i hear fed strings his at the lowest recommended tension.

Ibeat_rgrfederer
09-12-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty sure Roger's racquet is a paintjob.

It looks far more similar to a Prostaff Classic 6.0 than a nSix-One in ONE key aspect...

That is absolute ignorance, and the comparison to the classic 6.0 is asinine. The six-one tour is obviously one of the top racquets on the market and not only does world number 1 use it, but the ncaa #1 Benjamin Kohlloeffel uses it as well. Great racquet for the All Around game.

empressdiver
11-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Its a heavy racquet with a small head and therefore a small sweetspot. This means you have to play all the time to be strong enough and have excellent mechanics in your strokes to be consistent with this racquet. Therefore you probably have to be at the college competitive level to handle this racquet effectively.

Strings can also have a major effect on the performance. If you use natural gut or a combination of natural gut in the crosses and nylon in the mains, you may find you get better feel with the more resilient string bed than by using the stiffer polyesters or Kevlar type strings.

There are so many of these racquets available on eBay probably because most players simply are not at the necessary level and find they can't handle it.

You may also have a coach take a look at your serve. You may be straining your arm because you don't start your backswing and ball toss together. This should allow you enough time to do your backswing in a relaxed manner and then accelerate the racquet head only on the forward motion.

bradrmattison
01-15-2007, 03:59 AM
I use this one...I won't be changing to that lame K-Fed racquet. Not only does it vary only slightly, it looks like a piece of crap. I like the classic look of Fed's n6-1 Tour.

almajmaus
02-13-2007, 09:28 AM
just getting back to the 95 i demoed it and found that because of its weight it slowed my swing down and alowed me to hit much cleaner groundies out of that small sweetspot (which is very sweet and large relative to headsize), however after 2 hours of continuous hitting my arm did ache a bit. interms of serve i found it difficult to swing but overall an excellent allcourt racket with tons of feel. its much easier to adapt to than the 90 (fed racket).
by the way i use a Prince tour diablo which is 332g, 100inch