Lower Ranked Players on The Tennis Channel [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Lower Ranked Players on The Tennis Channel

Mlashtok
04-22-2005, 03:31 AM
To anyone with TTC,

When I see guys like Volandri, Stepanek, Davydenko, Puerta, Andreev, Gasquet, etc involved in significant tournament results - I really really want to see them actually play on television (and I never have yet). But ESPN won't show them. Therefore, I want to ask those people in the U.S. who have the Tennis Channel - can I see these "mid-level", but good, players on there? I'm thinking the answer is yes, but I'm not sure and hope that my plan to get the tennis channel in my dorm room will meet with good results.

Matt

-ernie-
04-22-2005, 03:33 AM
Yep! And 2mrw i leave to go to houston for my own tennis tourny and while i am there i am gonna see some live tennis too ;) :bounce:

tennischick
04-22-2005, 03:35 AM
yes -- altho i've been too busy since Monte Carlo ended to watch anything. but on TTC you get to see current as well as past players, at all levels.

Deboogle!.
04-22-2005, 03:36 AM
From what I understand, yeah. They just show whoever's playing. Right now, it's James Blake vs. Dupuis. I mean, it seems that they still mainly have the center courts, so it'll still be the bigger stars for the most part, but since they show smaller tourneys, and tourneys from Europe, etc., where there are less americans playing to begin with, you're bound to see a better balance of players. I keep calling up Comcast here and bugging them to add it, but it seems like it'll be a long time coming. Everyone should keep calling and emailing their local comcast office - each city has to launch it individually.

tennischick
04-22-2005, 03:39 AM
From what I understand, yeah. They just show whoever's playing. Right now, it's James Blake vs. Dupuis. I mean, it seems that they still mainly have the center courts, so it'll still be the bigger stars for the most part, but since they show smaller tourneys, and tourneys from Europe, etc., where there are less americans playing to begin with, you're bound to see a better balance of players. I keep calling up Comcast here and bugging them to add it, but it seems like it'll be a long time coming. Everyone should keep calling and emailing their local comcast office - each city has to launch it individually.
James is on now? end of studying here i come!!!! :eek:

Deboogle!.
04-22-2005, 03:41 AM
yup:)

tennischick
04-22-2005, 03:44 AM
Lud James looks like an idiot with that black bandanna around his bald head :tape:

but he's playing well -- he just got another break point to go up 4-0 in the 2nd.

Dupuis is sweating like a pig

tennischick
04-22-2005, 03:49 AM
James just served his 10th ace to get to 5-0 :eek:

he and Dupuis must have the skinniest calves on the tour

khyber
04-22-2005, 04:01 AM
. Therefore, I want to ask those people in the U.S. who have the Tennis Channel - can I see these "mid-level", but good, players on there? Matt
As Ernie and Tennischick have said the answer is absolutely yes. Over the last year I have been able to see players that I never would have seen in a million years on ESPN or the major networks. Get the channel if you can, its well worth it for a tennis fan. :wavey:

tennischick
04-22-2005, 04:10 AM
As Ernie and Tennischick have said the answer is absolutely yes. Over the last year I have been able to see players that I never would have seen in a million years on ESPN or the major networks. Get the channel if you can, its well worth it for a tennis fan. :wavey:
i agree. i got it late November/early December and there was nothing on -- so i canceled it. then someone on this board (i can't remember who but thanks anyway :kiss: ) told me to get it again bec i had subscribed during the lull between seasons and understandably there was nothing on. i took the advice, got it again around the start of this year, and have been thrilled ever since.

Debstah:
i have found is that cable companies do not always tell you that you have the TTC. i initially got the HBO package bec i was having some nieces and nephews over during the holidays and knew that they would want that. what i found out subsequently is that the TTC came free with this package -- so even when i cancelled the TTC, bec i was keeping the HBO package, the cable company should not have ended my TTC subscription.

Deboogle!.
04-22-2005, 04:28 AM
Debstah:
i have found is that cable companies do not always tell you that you have the TTC. i initially got the HBO package bec i was having some nieces and nephews over during the holidays and knew that they would want that. what i found out subsequently is that the TTC came free with this package -- so even when i cancelled tit, bec i was keeping the HBO package, the cable company should not have ended my TTC subscription. thanks... but I'm stuck with Comcast (or Comcrap as some of us have termed it ;)).... they definitely don't have TTC in my area yet. The nationwide deal has been signed, but each city has to launch it individually, and LA has not done that yet. I email them and call them every few days just to be a pain in the ass :p On Comcast, it'll be in the digital sports package, based on what they told me last time I talked ot them. It's being added to comcast in, I think, Baltimore and Richmond, VA (based on stuff people have posted on the TTC message boards) around the time for Rome. but that's about it so far. Everyone who has comcast just needs to keep calling and emailing. It apparently is our only hope to get the cities to launch it.

El Legenda
04-22-2005, 05:16 AM
I saw James Blake on Celeb. Poker....he's is a awful poker player lol ;)

Becarina
04-22-2005, 05:52 AM
I saw James Blake on Celeb. Poker....he's is a awful poker player lol ;)

I watched that last night, but could not stay up until the end...who won?

ae wowww
04-22-2005, 07:17 AM
They show dubs too :)

joeb_uk
04-22-2005, 07:21 AM
They show dubs too :)
:eek: boo!

Becarina
04-22-2005, 07:31 AM
maura tierney ;)

Mlashtok
04-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys.

We'll see whether Adelphia has it here in Charlottesville. I read online that Adelphia has recently signed a nationwide deal to distribute TTC. But whether they have it here remains to be found out.

Leo
04-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Jealousy. :fiery:

tennischick
04-23-2005, 08:13 AM
it was nice seeing Nico Lappentti tonite :inlove: and he spanked the butt off James too :woohoo: