Grrrrr...Mirnyi d. Moyà 6-4 6-4 :( [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Grrrrr...Mirnyi d. Moyà 6-4 6-4 :(

Carolinita
04-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Carlos!! :smash: ...stupid match :(

TheBoiledEgg
04-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Carlos is having 28 itis
happens to quite alot of players.......... hit 28, hit the wall and slip in oblivion

Sjengster
04-21-2005, 06:25 PM
You've got to wonder how the hell Mirnyi managed to win 45% of receiving points against Moya on clay, but as TBE said in the other thread he can be dangerous in any tournament and let's not forget that this is the second time he's beaten Moya on clay (the second round of Hamburg 2002 being the first; he won in two tiebreaks, and also beat Zabaleta and Boutter en route to the semis before losing to Federer).

KCVH
04-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Well done Max :)

Deboogle!.
04-21-2005, 06:33 PM
MAX for RG Champion!!! :woohoo:

:haha:

Rogiman
04-21-2005, 06:43 PM
You don't have to excuse Moya's loss by how dangerous Max is on every surface - Moya lost for the same reason he loses all is matches this season - because he sucks in his current form, and I'm kinda fond of Carlos so I'm not happy to say this, but this should be his last season as a professional.

Angle Queen
04-21-2005, 06:45 PM
:rocker2: Max!!!

Deivid23
04-21-2005, 06:46 PM
but this should be his last season as a professional.

Looks like you never learn, Carlos will shut your big mouth again.... as Nadal did ;)

MrOschie
well done max :woohoo:

Alvarillo
I saw the Match and Max played excellent tennis, he is in one of his well weeks in the year, Carlos didn't play bad but he's not fine
he will have to work hard to improve his tennis soon!

roisin
04-21-2005, 06:50 PM
carlos :sobbing: :retard: :help:

Rogiman
04-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Looks like you never learn, Carlos will shut your big mouth again.... as Nadal did ;)

I expect Nadal to win and have said long ago he would become world #1, although the thought makes me puke.

Carlos, however, is going down fast, and I highly doubt it he will 'shut my big mouth'.
Read again - I don't wish Carlos to fail, it happens just like it happened to Kafelnikov in 2002, and he can find some comfort in the thought that Henman is going through that too.

So whether you agree or not - I really couldn't care less.

Tennis Fool
04-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Time is ticking on Moya and the top 10...

Tennis Fool
04-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Carlos is having 28 itis
happens to quite alot of players.......... hit 28, hit the wall and slip in oblivion
:haha: But the Farmer only got better :rolleyes:

Sjengster
04-21-2005, 07:43 PM

Aww... never mind TF, he won't be nearly as good when he's reached my grand old age.

TheBoiledEgg
04-21-2005, 07:48 PM

he was never that great anyway
so there's a less slippery slope to fall down.

Wulfram
04-21-2005, 08:00 PM

Henman would have been 28 for most of '03, which was probably his worst period since he broke through in '96 - he dropped out of the top 25 for the first time since the start of '97. He only recovered with the Paris TMS title at the end of '03, when he was safely 29.

Deivid23
04-21-2005, 08:01 PM
I expect Nadal to win and have said long ago he would become world #1, although the thought makes me puke.

Carlos, however, is going down fast, and I highly doubt it he will 'shut my big mouth'.
Read again - I don't wish Carlos to fail, it happens just like it happened to Kafelnikov in 2002, and he can find some comfort in the thought that Henman is going through that too.

So whether you agree or not - I really couldn't care less.

lol, I didn´t expect you to care about my opinion, basically we are all mature enough not to care about if others agree with us or not in a tennis board ;)

Charly played well against Puerta and played well against Nieminen, of course you will find it weird, but losing today against Mirnyi was something likely to happen. I leave you as an exercise finding out the reasons ;)

PD: Anyway, I have a good memory and I´ll remind you this post in a near future. :D

Rogiman
04-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Charly played well against Puerta and played well against Nieminen, of course you will find it weird, but losing today against Mirnyi was something likely to happen. I leave you as an exercise finding out the reasons ;)

PD: Anyway, I have a good memory and I´ll remind you this post in a near future. :D

There always seems to be a good reason for Carlos to lose, but the fact is that he loses, and early so.

Please remind me this post, I feel safe enough to assume that Carlos is not going to do better at Roland Garros than he did in the last couple of years, when he was seemingly in the form of his life.

Horatio Caine
04-21-2005, 08:08 PM

One thing I can say about that is that Henman is still contending in the big events. Aus 3rd and QF IW and Miami does not show that he is on the slide. Moya on the other hand hasn't won more than a couple of matches in those 4 big tourneys this year.

Also, Henman will have a worse year this year, but he is not going the same way as Moya at the moment. Henman is top 20 at the moment and Moya is more like top 50.

Space Cowgirl
04-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Henman would have been 28 for most of '03, which was probably his worst period since he broke through in '96 - he dropped out of the top 25 for the first time since the start of '97. He only recovered with the Paris TMS title at the end of '03, when he was safely 29.
yay, so there is some hope for us Rainer Schüttler fans, seeing as he turns 29 next Monday! ;)

Rogiman
04-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Also, Henman will have a worse year this year, but he is not going the same way as Moya at the moment. Henman is top 20 at the moment and Moya is more like top 50.

Kafelnikov did manage to win two events and finish 2002 near the top 20, the point is that he wasn't anywhere near the player he had been before.
I remember his words about how fast it happens that you start losing to players you once used to defeat easily, and that is how I modelled my prediction about Moya's 2005 when one of those "How do you think Carlos will do at the Slams" threads poped up.

Tim had an exceptional 2004 and will find it not only difficult but impossible to repeat, unfortunately for people like me who like his style of play.

Horatio Caine
04-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Kafelnikov did manage to win two events and finish 2002 near the top 20, the point is that he wasn't anywhere near the player he had been before.
I remember his words about how fast it happens that you start losing to players you once used to defeat easily, and that is how I modelled my prediction about Moya's 2005 when one of those "How do you think Carlos will do at the Slams" threads poped up.

Tim had an exceptional 2004 and will find it not only difficult but impossible to repeat, unfortunately for people like me who like his style of play.

But I don't see Tim losing to players he used to beat routinely ;) Sure he lost to Kolya, but he improved a lot over Xmas and Tim was a little cocky, but since then Tim has lost to nemesis players week in week out. Moya has been.......plain awful. Just think, Garcia-Lopez should have taken his Chennai title from him in the SF.

Raquel
04-21-2005, 08:21 PM
:bounce: :bounce:

Well done Max!!

I still like Carlos a lot though and his form this year has been worrying. Losing to Max in straight sets on clay in Spain :eek: That's not good.

Fergie
04-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Carlos :smash:

Wulfram
04-21-2005, 08:34 PM
But I don't see Tim losing to players he used to beat routinely ;)

Tim used to beat Federer routinely ;)

liptea
04-21-2005, 09:08 PM
:sad: This is such a YUCKY day.

At least, if Carlos has a bad season, he won't have any points to defend next year and can do better.

Daniel
04-22-2005, 03:36 AM
Carlos :bigcry:

bad gambler
04-22-2005, 03:47 AM
There always seems to be a good reason for Carlos to lose, but the fact is that he loses, and early so.

Please remind me this post, I feel safe enough to assume that Carlos is not going to do better at Roland Garros than he did in the last couple of years, when he was seemingly in the form of his life.

moya has shown nothing this season to suggest he will do well in RG, so in a way i tend to agree

the spanish youth brigade have taken over, moya no more, long live king nadal :D

bad gambler
04-22-2005, 03:49 AM
and well done maximus :bounce:

Kristen
04-22-2005, 04:10 AM
:woohoo:
Nice job Max! Thankyou for avenging Jarkko's loss :hug: :lol:

PaulieM
04-22-2005, 04:11 AM
carlos you're really starting to make me mad :fiery:

Federerhingis
04-22-2005, 04:18 AM
carlos you're really starting to make me mad :fiery:

Gosh yeah! I mean not only is this clay the most favorable surface for his top spin shots but its "his favorite surface" however he really is an all court player, just happens to have a preference for clay and he won his only slam on clay. Nonetheless Mirnyi is a very good player, he can play some decent matches and is known to cause upsets, he's got a huge serve and his net rushing abilities are quite good.

TheBoiledEgg
04-22-2005, 07:19 AM
deciding not to play Davis Cup seems to have an adverse effect
in hindsight-wrong move Careless :(

Puschkin
04-22-2005, 07:34 AM
the spanish youth brigade have taken over, moya no more, long live king nadal :D

Maybe, but one of the former Spanish kings is still there and I would not count him out. Come on, Juan Carlos :) !

Dirk
04-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Moya is going through a bad patch but he could turn on a good run. He is very fit so really don't think he will be in this slump for the rest of the year.

BlackSilver
04-22-2005, 09:28 AM
however he really is an all court player

Not with his backhand