Nadal will not win RG '05 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal will not win RG '05

henree
04-21-2005, 03:40 PM
I don't know for sure, but I am getting the same vibe I got from Coria last year. Coria won quite a few tournaments leading up to RG '04 and everyone and their mother were 100% sure he would win the event easily. Well you know the rest. I think this same fate has a good chance of coming to Nadal. He is right now the best on clay. But I think because he is so young. And this is his 1st year at Roland Garros, this trip will be more of a huge learning experience. I personally would love to see him win there. But when ever things seem like a sure bet, something always pops up to put a kink into things. Ultimately there is too much pressure on him and I think it will destroy his chances in Paris. Any thoughts...

Auscon
04-21-2005, 03:44 PM
he'll make it to the final, dominte over the first 2 sets, and then bloody Gaudio will do it again! :)

TheMightyFed
04-21-2005, 03:44 PM
this trip will be more of a huge learning experience.
An experience of winning a GS. Remember Wilander in 82...
Unless Roddick beats him. LOL

mickymouse
04-21-2005, 03:47 PM
RG is best of 5 sets all the way....don't think he'll be able to make it at the rate he's going. He's running the risk of being burnt out just before the big event.

Neumann
04-21-2005, 03:57 PM
A lot has been already posted in several threads, but let's keep on.

I don't think he will win it either. His fitness and his absolutely crazy schedule are the main reasons. He's played more matchs than anyone else by far (38 singles and 15 doubles) and he has yet to finish Barcelona in singles and doubles and play the two AMS, in which he also intends to play doubles. That is totally MAD, he is too young and he might get injured.

That said, I think if RG was at the best of three and he wouldn't have played so many matches as he is going to have (you know, if my gradpa was my grandma) he would be my favourite closely followed by Federer and Coria, but not in this fashion.

Neumann
04-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Talking about Nadal...

:worship: :worship: He is just ONE win from becoming TOP 10!!!! :worship: :worship:

That would be like the fifth youngest player (Chang, Becker, Agassi and Medvedev) to achieve that!!

Auscon
04-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Talking about Nadal...

:worship: :worship: He is just ONE win from becoming TOP 10!!!! :worship: :worship:

That would like the fifth youngest player (Chang, Becker, Agassi and Medvedev) to achieve that!!

at what age did Hewitt first make it into the top 10?

Chloe le Bopper
04-21-2005, 04:25 PM
I believe Hewitt was 19.

Chloe le Bopper
04-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Talking about Nadal...

That would like the fifth youngest player (Chang, Becker, Agassi and Medvedev) to achieve that!!
Yeah, he's just really not that good, ya know? ;)

jtipson
04-21-2005, 04:47 PM

At 19y 2m 21d, apparently:

http://www.tennis28.com/rankings/RM_Top10.html

Neumann
04-21-2005, 04:55 PM
At 19y 2m 21d, apparently:

http://www.tennis28.com/rankings/RM_Top10.html

And 3 hours 14 minutes and 15.92 seconds, approx. you know, as the universe is stretching and the space-time changes in any of the four dimensions :angel: :D

Yeah, he's just really not that good, ya know?

Yeah, just a grinder who runs fast, but veeeery, very lucky. Darn, when are his balls (tennis balls!) going to stop hitting the lines and start going out?? :confused:

Deivid23
04-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Of course he won´t, he´s done enough so far, time for luck coming to an end

Chloe le Bopper
04-21-2005, 05:01 PM
And 3 hours 14 minutes and 15.92 seconds, approx. you know, as the universe is stretching and the space-time changes in any of the four dimensions :angel: :D

Yeah, just a grinder who runs fast, but veeeery, very lucky. Darn, when are his balls (tennis balls!) going to stop hitting the lines and start going out?? :confused:
So very lucky. He doesn't even play tennis.

rue
04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
No one should underestimate Nadal. It will be tougher for him because it will be, best of 5 sets rather than three. He is playing the best tennis on clay right now and still think that he is the favorite going into the French Open. He just will have to prove to the world by by winning the whole thing. I very much think that he is capable of doing it, as long as he does not get burned out by that time.

alexito
04-21-2005, 09:05 PM
I hope nadal win, no federer.

Asmus
04-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Nadal will make it to the semis or quarters without dropping a set and then will face Federer losing badly and being so exhausted that he'll have to be carried off the court in a stretcher.

I agree that his schedule is CRAZY. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull out of a couple events before RG, especially as he'll probably enter the top 10 soon.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Nadal will make it to the semis or quarters without dropping a set and then will face Federer losing badly and being so exhausted that he'll have to be carried off the court in a stretcher.

I agree that his schedule is CRAZY. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull out of a couple events before RG, especially as he'll probably enter the top 10 soon.

100% agreed!
Roger will kick his ass!

nermo
04-21-2005, 11:37 PM
Well, i think its wrong to underestimate Rafael Nadal, its unfair,guys

cos ,i think he s got real and natural talent, he doesnt depend on his power totally , but the guy has an artistic touch, perhaps not as much as federer, agassi, coria but still , if keeps on going , he ll be someone important in tennis history..and remember, he s still 19

As for RG, dont know :confused: ,may be he ll run out of energy by then, :unsure: but iam sure he wont let it go easily without some real fight and wonderful matches.. ;)

for my wishes, i would be verrry happy if Coria wins.. :) :) the guy needs it very much..i still remember what happened last year..( it was very bitter. :bigcry: :bigcry: :sad: .)and if he wins i think ,this ll give him a real return to an excellent level

but speaking the truth , i think , he wont cos, at this level,there are better guys
Also, i wish a good luck for :angel: :angel: federer..he represents a dream for me

A FULL SUPPORT TO :bigclap: :bigclap: :angel: CORIA, :angel: :bigclap: :yeah: FEDERER, and ..NADAL :bigwave:

Daniel
04-22-2005, 12:54 AM
mmm I think he will have a good run but dont see him winning RG.

Deivid23
04-22-2005, 12:56 AM
I think we will probably lose in 1st round

Chloe le Bopper
04-22-2005, 01:06 AM
I think we will probably lose in 1st round
Probably. They will rig the draw so that he plays Roger in the first round, who will beat him 0, 0, and 0. Obviously.

/Fed troll

Dirk
04-22-2005, 01:23 AM
Watch him draw Guga in Rd 1. :rolls:

Scotso
04-22-2005, 01:24 AM
Thanks for letting me know this, Henree. I was wondering what would happen :rolleyes:

Scotso
04-22-2005, 01:25 AM
Watch him draw Guga in Rd 1. :rolls:

And you're saying this would not be preferable?